The Cry Of Demons

A/N: Well Halloween was a success full of being cold and dying, so I figured it would be a good time to just stay inside and update my story... So I did.  Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Sweeney pulled out his razor holding the boys shoulder tightly.

"Apologize to Mrs. Lovett boy..." He said deeply and slowly, the threat in his voice thick as blood.

"No, she needs to know what a horrible man ya are!" Toby said overly confident.

"Toby dear just say sorry and this will all be over..." Nellie cried, knowing Sweeney wouldn't hesitate to kill the boy.

Todd placed his razor in front of the boys throat and heard him gasp in fear, "I said apologize to her!"

Toby's stayed silent, he could feel the blade pressing into his skin ever so slowly, but he stood strong.  Beads of blood appeared on his neck which caused Nellie to scream.

"Sweeney! Don't hurt him!"

"He needs to learn a lesson!"  Sweeney growled in response.

"Don't hurt him!" Nellie yelled firmly.

"Your on my last string boy, you screw up one more time and I'll make your life a living hell.  That includes going to the law, you stay quiet or its over."

Toby nodded sighing in relief as the blade was taken from his throat.

"But a punishments still in order."

A flash of silver and blood dripped from the boys cheek.  Sweeney heard him cry out in pain and watched as Nellie ran over to him worriedly.

"I didn't kill him, consider yourself lucky..." Sweeney snarled at Nellie before turning and walking out of the shop, slamming the door behind him.

——————————————————

Sweeney hadn't joined everyone for dinner, ever since he'd lashed out at Toby all had been silent upstairs.  Nellie was worried about him but when she'd gone to check on him she smelled the alcohol and decided it was best not to intrude.  She'd have to deal with him later anyway, she knee what was going to happen and she was scared.  He had no control over his emotions when he was drunk, he'd be fine one moment and lash out at her the next.

The table was quiet, Johanna had heard the truth of what had happened by Toby.  She'd told him she would talk to her dad after dinner and Toby kept giving her looks as if encouraging her to finish eating.  Of course Nellie knew of none of this and she didn't care much, she sat silently worrying about Sweeney...

Sweeney was upstairs drinking his problems away.  He was halfway through his stash of gin in his room and he reached for yet another bottle.

"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and its filled with people who are filled with shit..." Sweeney slurred before tipping the bottle back and taking a swig of gin.

He was sitting in his chair shirt untucked and buttoned to his lower chest.  It was dark out and he was aware he had missed dinner, or had been before getting drunk.  The door opened but Todd didn't react at all he just stared at the wall taking another swig.

"Father?" Johanna's voice was timid but not fearful.

"What is it?" He snapped still not looking at her.

"Toby told me what you did..."

"THAT LITTLE SHIT!" He roared standing up and stumbling to the door.

"Dad no!" Johanna yelled. "Don't hurt him! I just want to know, what did he do?"

"He called Nell a bitch," he growled, "that little bastard called my Nellie a bitch..."