Noel (completed!)

By LoveIsEverything08

**this book is completed!!** This is a story about werewolves with some witches and vampires thrown in. -Pr... More

Author's note
Prolouge
Chapter 1. Noel
Chapter 3. Room mate
Chapter 4. The woods
Chapter 5. The nightmare
Chapter 6. The bonfire
Chapter 7. Back 'home' again
Chapter 8. Hard choices for good reasons.
Chapter 9. The stuff of fairy tales
Chapter 10. Summer fun
Chapter 11. Good things never seem to last
Chapter 12. The hard truth
Chapter 13. Moving time
Chapter 14. Hard goodbye
Chapter 15. A whiff of something
Chapter 16. Rogue attack
Chapter 17. Changes
Chapter 18. Captive
Chapter 19. The big bad Alpha
Chapter 20. Training
Chapter 21. Alpha to be?
Chapter 22. Life changing
Chapter 23. The birthday celebration
Chapter 24. Back to school
Chapter 25. The calm before the storm.
Chapter 26. The Alpha Meeting
Chapter 27. Drawing a line
Chapter 28. Meet your Luna
Chapter 29. Awakened
Chapter 30. Revelations
Chapter 31. A Call to War
Chapter 32. Training for War
Chapter 33. The battle begins
Chapter 34. The end
Epilouge
Note

Chapter 2. The start of something new

12.8K 531 20
By LoveIsEverything08

I spent most of the day exploring around the school grounds. Everything seemed to have taken a step back in time, in a grand way. I witnessed lots of students out and about but decided to keep to myself.

I ate lunch in the kitchen/dining room area. The table was old solid wood with too many chairs to count around it. I had come in late for lunch so I was again by myself. But I didn't mind, gave me a chance to take in all of my surroundings. I cleaned up after myself and decided to walk around outside more.

It really was a beautiful sight to see and I enjoyed the serenity of it all. I laid down in the grass under the trees at the edge of the woods surrounding the school grounds. Just closed my eyes and listened to nature, I felt the light breeze on my face. It was still sunny and fairly warm despite it being almost October. I relaxed more and fell asleep.

I woke with a start several hours later. I thought I heard a howl in the distance so I ran back to the school. I shook the thought thinking it was just my imagination. I didn't know what time it was but since it was dark I figured I was out there much later than I had meant to be.

When I opened the doors to the dorm room I didn't hear any noise so I quietly made my way back to my room. Still no sign of my roommate. I got into my pjs and laid down. Tomorrow was my first day and I wanted to be well rested. Pleading for my sleep to be free of the nightmare that typically plagued me.

I woke up bright and early at 6:00am, classes don't start til 9:00am. I'm the type of person who waits til the last second to wake up, throws clothes on and runs out the door; however, today was special! Today was the first day of the rest of my life, my new beginning, my chance to be more than what I was. That excitement stayed with me as I got ready for the day.

I took a nice shower, when I was finished I put on a nice pair of jeans and a pretty shirt. Nothing fancy to stand out, but nice enough to blend in. I put on my new tennis shoes, then brushed my teeth and hair. I was pretty much ready for the day. I went to the full body mirror and secured my necklace, afterwards I studied myself in the mirror.

I am 5' 6", not too tall but not too short. I was fairly petite, I don't have much muscle or even fat. No curves to speak of unfortunately. I don't look sickly but I'd say not too far off. My skin was soft and pale but almost lifeless. Only when I was embarrassed did any color come to my face. My blue eyes were pretty but pale compared to others. I have pretty brown hair that was down to the middle of my back. All in all I was okay with my appearance though I sometimes wished my body would mature some so I couldn't pass for a 12 year old. Either way, I don't really care all that much about my appearance.

I grabbed my book bag filled with some supplies provided with my scholarship, slung it over my shoulder, and picked up my trusty map. I glance at the clock to see it's only 7:00am now, so I grab a muffin and go out to explore the inside of the school building.

The school grounds were basically empty, even though it's such a big campus the only people I passed seemed to be teachers heading to the cafeteria or their class. I quickly made my way into the building. Outside may have looked like a castle but inside it looked just like a run of the mill school.

White walls and floors with black accents. Black lockers lined some of the walls. Plain windows along the walls and inside of the classroom. Nothing too fancy but it did look clean and free of graffiti, so I was more than happy with it. I roamed around the 4 stories of classrooms to find all of my classes, bathrooms, and the cafeteria. Once I was confident I'd be able to navigate my way around I went in search for my locker.

By now it was 8:30 and students were starting to pour in. Most seemed half asleep and grumpy. Most days I would've been right there with them, Monday's are the worst! But today was special and I was excited. When I neared my locked I saw a group of kids huddled around it.

This was my first look at the cliques at this school. If I had to guess, I would say these are the popular trouble makers. The girls were dressed just barely appropriate with short skirts or shorts paired with low cut shirts, Perfectly done hair and make up, and expertly manicured nails. The men were all extremely handsome and slightly rugged looking, probably football stars. Not at all my kind of people, but I also didn't want to put a target on myself, so I would be timid and try not to cause a commotion.

I gently cleared my throat, but no one paid attention.

"Excuse me, but I need to get to my locker real quick." I said quietly, keeping my eyes on the ground.

The girls laughed and tossed their hair and walked off. The boys just followed out after. I sighed and opened my locker. Putting everything away except what I would need for my first class.

My first two classes went by smoothly, thankfully neither teacher asked me to introduce myself. I'm not shy, but it's embarrassing and honestly there isn't much to tell. Next up was lunch. I didn't mind sitting by myself but had hoped I wouldn't have to.

I walk into the cafeteria and was immediately stunned just by the number of people in this area. It was not a small cafeteria by any means, but it was packed! There wasn't an empty table as far as I could see. I sighed and went to get my food, deciding to find one as empty as possible and sit there.

When I got out of line I saw a table with just one girl sitting at it. She looked friendly enough, maybe a little nerdy, but I could care less as long as she doesn't bite my head off for sitting with her. I take a deep breath and walk over.

The girl had short strawberry-blonde hair that hung just below her jaw. The way she hunched her shoulders forward and kept glancing at the crowd told me she was timid and nervous. She wore an earth tones shirt with a flowing floor length skirt, finished with brown strappy sandals.

"Hi, my name is Noel, would you mind if I sat here?" I ask a bit shyly.

She looked up from her food at me with her piercing green eyes and a small smile and nodded. I took a seat and started eating. Neither of us said anything until I couldn't take the silence anymore.

"What's your name? I'm new here, just arrived a few days ago, how about you?" I ask hoping to spark a conversation about something, anything!

"Uhm, Amy.... and No, I've been here for a few years now... no one takes much notice of me though, this is the first time anyone has sat with me at lunch actually." She replies shyly, quickly masking the hurt in her eyes before smiling at me.

"Are the people here jerks?" I ask, now worried about the problems that could ensue, I don't do well with bullies.

"Oh no! Well.. most of them are nice enough... I just mostly like to keep to myself... I'm just a bit different than them. Loren and her goons you want to watch out for. If they get you in their sights she'll make your life Hell." Amy pointed to the group of girls that had been leaning against my locker then looked back down at her food and slowly started eating again. "Really they're the only ones who are mean just to be mean. Everyone else isn't too bad."

"Well that works nicely then, cause I'm different too!" I beamed at her, which she surprisingly returned.

Slowly we started talking about the school and classes. Bunch of random stuff, but it was nice having someone to talk with regardless. I like Amy, she's nice and easy to talk to once she opens up, it's nice to know at least one person at this school.

The bell rings signifying the end of lunch. We say our goodbyes and, after throwing away what was left of our lunch, headed to our separate classes with all the other students. Herded is more like it though, I can't believe how many students they jam into this school!

The rest of the day passed slowly but without any major incident thankfully. I even had my last class of the day with Amy, we had agreed to meet up and she'd walk with me back to the dorms. I put everything in my locker and look around for Amy. After I found her we left the school building and headed towards the dorms. While we walked she explained some things to me.

"Breakfast and supper are served in the cafeteria on the dorm house main floor everyday. It's optional though, thankfully. They also keep the groceries in our rooms stocked so we can make our own... which is what I prefer to do." She sighed then continued, "about half of the students live here, the others live... somewhere else." She paused and I laughed.

"Okay...." I responded and laughed. She ignored me and continued.

"There's several cliques but the main one I would avoid is Loren's. The boys that mingle with them aren't much better. I, myself, just avoid the entire lot of them. They like to poke their nose where it doesn't belong and frequently get themselves and others into trouble." Amy stated with a little bit of fire behind her words. I wondered if they had bullied her and felt sad for this shy girl.

Amy showed me which room was hers, on the same floor but quite a bit down the hall, and then led me back to my room. She seemed a little bit happier than when I first met her and truthfully I did too. I felt like we were becoming friends, which made me smile. She smiled back.

"It was nice meeting you Noel... maybe we can have lunch together again?... if you want to..." Amy ask, nervousness coating her voice.

"Of corse!" I replied immediately, it was so nice to have someone to sit with! "Maybe one day we'll brave the dorm's cafeteria together too!" I said with a wink before waving goodbye.

I walked into my bedroom and threw myself on my bed. I was drained, mentally and physically, and just ready for bed. I slowly closed my eyes, just waiting for sleep to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 694 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
10.1K 478 24
A vampire who has given up on love at last have a shot at happiness? Can a woman with secrets of her own embrace, accept, and love the mysterious wom...
186 30 12
"Shit" I swore holding my nose, it seemed broken and the effect of our collision drew some blood. "Gosh, I'm so sorry" a soft feminine voice apologiz...
457K 5.7K 19
Book 1 in the Blood Series (Under construction and editing) Prologue The full moon lurked over a town called Raven-wood Hills. This was a type of ni...