Breaking Cupid's Bow

By chinguine

Spin-off for Cupid Ran out of Arrows because some of y'all hated that Y/N end up with Jungkook instead of Tae More

My Heart was Already Taken
But I was smitten by your smile
I didn't let it be shaken
Thinking it was Worthwhile
A Rough Road I dared to Take
Giving up was never Option
For your feelings that I will never Question
There Maybe Times that I will Waver
My courage will wane but I will never
Let Destiny Dictate the Outcome
Nor Let Myself be Outdone
But if your heart gets tired
Even with All my Effort and Might
If you decide to break it
And To Destiny You Decide to Submit
I'll break Cupid's Bow
And Block His Arrow
To Take Your Heart
And never spend our lives apart
Epilogue

Walking A Path that wasn't paved

177 10 0
By chinguine

Y/N and I prefer hanging out at the park by the Han River. We both love the scenery and I enjoy taking photos which is one of my hobbies.

It was times like this when we can go out alone. Without Jungkook. Without Dahyun.

She was looking at the sunset and I took a shot with my polaroid camera. Her face whenever she thinks I'm not looking is always forlorn. I know she has problem financially but she never told me anything and I was too much of a coward to asked.

"Are you bored?" I asked which break her from her deep thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You look sad." I said. "You know I'm here. All you have to do is let me know how I can help you."

She finally gave me a smile but it wasn't the one I was looking for. "I was just thinking of something."

"What?"

"How I took my childhood for granted." She says longingly.

"How are you supposed to know that! You're a child." I pinch her cheek. "Y/N, we've been dating for six months."

"Yeah. Why? Are you bored of me?" She has that afraid look of his face when she spoke.

"When will you trust me? I know there's something going on Y/N." I held her hand and put it on my face. "I don't want to pry but I'm tired of waiting for you to open up to me."

"It's not that I don't want to but — it's not my problem to tell. It has nothing to do with me." She must've been conflicted when she said those words.

I can't help but wonder. How many months or even days before Jungkook or Lisa knew about her family problems. There it was again, the raging storm inside that wants to demand her to at least put me in the same footing as them. To make me feel like I'm someone special.

Even if that's the case, I didn't demand anything. I don't want to scare her because I'm scared, too— I'm scared of losing her.

It was my own insecurities. Things like that are not a requirement for a relationship. I could wait.

"Do you wanna watch movies on my laptop? Hobi hyung went home, I'm alone at my dorm." I said.

She nodded at me after smiling mischievously but inside those eyes were contentment, not happiness contented maybe that I let the topic go. With that she nuzzled at my neck and said something that felt much more meaningful that her sharing her problems.

"I love you, Tae. I'm glad you're here with me." She looked up at me with her red face.

"I love you, too." I said and kissed her forehead.

——

We just got comfortable seating on the floor as the movie plays when someone knocked at my dorm room door. "I'll get it. Oppa must've forgetten something." She made small walks while pulling my oversized shirts down to hide her beautiful legs.

But it wasn't Hobi, It was Seulgi. "Hi—" I recognized her voice and quickly stood up to get to the door.

"What are you doing here?" I growled at Seulgi telling Y/N to go back as she peeks at the door.

"My roommate went home and I made some popcorn. You usually watch movies when Hobi's out so I'm hoping we could watch together but I didn't your girlfriend is here so—"

I looked at Y/N and she was pouting. "I want popcorn." She whispered as she tugged my shirt.

If she didn't tell me awhile ago, I wouldn't believed she loves me. It was the first time for her to encounter my ex but she didn't even looked jealous.

She was even chatting with Seulgi as I ask her to sit in front of me instead of my side. Even Seulgi laughed at her jokes and I was left stunned.

"You're the same year as us right?" Seulgi asked Y/N.

"Yeah."

"Never noticed you before." She said smiling.

"I'm kind of a wallflower so—" Y/N shrugged her shoulders.

"Are you friends with anyone else I know? Do you know Jungkook?" Seulgi asked as I almost I choked on my popcorn.

"Seulgi!" I almost shouted.

"I was just asking if knows him." Seulgi said and I was hoping that Y/N wouldn't answer but she did immediately.

"Yeah— he's my roommate." She said smiling. "Why? Do you know him?"

"We used to date." Seulgi quipped.

Y/N stoop up and sat beside Seulgi then to my surprise and Seulgi as well, she hugged her. "Sorry. You deserved someone better."

Seulgi was initially shocked but suddenly she hugged Y/N tightly and cried, "He's— your room mate— He's an asshole."

"I know." Y/N answered. "He's the spawn of satan."

"You dated him? Is that why you're room mates?" Seulgi asked.

"Nope. Just family friends but you're not the first one. Don't worry— it'll pass. As soon as you realized what a dickhead he is." Y/N muttered as she offered Seulgi some popcorn.

After that, Seulgi didn't stopped ranting about Jungkook. I was thankful however that he didn't involved me in their discussion.

Y/N leaned to me, absorbed by the film that we're watching as she offers Seulgi some humming just to let her know she's still listening. It feels like it happened to her multiple times before and she knows exactly what to do and what to say.

I kissed her temple and whispered, "I love you." and immediately felt her face heating.

"Me, too." She whispered back as her fingers entangled with mind.

After watching, we see Seulgi to her room and I see her to her apartment. "Go to sleep." I said. "I'll lock the door on my way out. Good night— I love you."

"'Love you, too. Tae." She said as she gave me a kiss and enter her room.

On my way to the door, Jungkook's room quietly opened with a girl who's still holding her shoes while tip-toeing. She was shocked seeing me and immediately pushed me outside.

"Don't tell Y/N." Lisa begged me.

——

Hobi was already in our dorm room when I came back. "Y/N's not sleeping here?"

"No— she hates the shared bathroom." I said as I took off my jacket sighing and sitting beside Hobi.

"What is it? Did you guys fight?" Hobi asked looking at me intently.

"Seulgi went here awhile ago while Y/N's here." I said.

"Did you fought about it?" Hobi straightened his back ready to offer his advice.

"No. Actually it went so well. Seulgi ranted about Jungkook at her and finally she actually cried this time." I said and Hobi chucked.

"Y/N cried?" Hobi asked

"No— Seulgi. Y/N hugged her and then Seulgi cried." I said scratching my head.

"Y/N's really something, I assume by the fact that you're still together after six months that she's not just a rebound?" Hobi said as he laid down his bed.

"I never intended that."

"Good." Hobi pinched my cheek and waited. "What's the problem then?"

"Do you think Y/N loves me?" I asked him.

"Get some of her hair— then we'll burn it on a candle we've stole from the cemetery and asked the souls that inhibit this school if she really loves you." Hobi laughed. "Why don't you ask her! I don't know!"

"She told me but— but to be with my ex? To talk to her without feeling a bit of jealousy? She didn't even ask me why Seulgi comes here!"

"Are you saying you want her to be mad at you?" Hobi giggled. "You got some fucked brains right there Taetae."

"Yeah! I know it sounds crazy but isn't that a proof that she doesn't care about me? That my ex can parade in front of me and steal me and she doesn't care." I said.

"Or maybe she trusts you enough to not bother asking you. Just because you confront her all the time with Jungkook does it mean it's the same for her." Hobi put his arm on my shoulder. "If you let this get to you Tae, I'm pretty sure she'll get tired of you."

——

We were eating on the school bench, the three of us, Y/N, Lisa and I. Lisa's glance is meaningful at me gauging if I did told Y/N about her fling the day before.

"Where did you go yesterday? You went out before us." Y/N asked Lisa.

"Somewhere?" Lisa gave a nervous laugh.

"Somewhere— like where Y/N lives and stuff?" I asked to tease her and she gave me a glare.

"Huh?" Y/N scrunch her brows at Lisa. "You are dating someone in my apartment complex?"

"I was just kidding, babe. Pretty sure Lisa doesn't want to tell you her daily life." I said and pinch her cheek but she wouldn't drop it.

"She does! She even told me about that professor she used to date." Y/N argued.

"Well this time baby, since you have me— you don't need to listen to them." I said and Y/N seemed to relent.

Y/N asked the two of us to go ahead as she has something to pick from the library. "Really? Jungkook— the spawn of satan." I said.

"It was late and he was there and we talked." Lisa said. "He's not as bad as Y/N paint him out to be."

"Ohhh— I think you know he is, otherwise you'll tell Y/N." I chuckled as got into our seats.

"I'll tell Y/N— once Jungkook and I talked about us— if he's into—" Lisa begins to waver with her resolved.

"Don't tell Y/N then— don't tell her unless you two are serious." I said. "He might be the spawn of satan but Y/N is the caretaker of the demon. She might side with the demon instead of you."

"Still jealous of him, huh?" Lisa teased but when I didn't smile she got serious. "That's pretty stupid if they had plans of cheating on you they already did though, If I were you, I'll take her out of the demon's nest."

"If I have money to do that, I already did a long time ago." I admitted. "I told her that I'll do some odd work on my free time but she wouldn't let me. It makes me think she wants to stay with him."

"She loves you." Lisa smiled at me.

"I want to believe but she wouldn't even tell me her problems."

"She doesn't tell me her problems, neither. Tae, I really want you for Y/N so my advice is— learn to help even without knowing." Lisa tapped my shoulder then she sighed looking at her phone. "You think Jungkook would call me back?"

"Do you think hell will freeze over?" I asked her back and we laughed.

"What are you guys talking about?" Y/N asked as she sat between us.

"Nothing." Lisa said.

"Why are you laughing then? Come on let me in on the joke." Y/N pouted while tugging my shirt.

"We wanted to asked you, if you can only save one soul between me and Jungkook— who would you save?" I asked intending it to be a joke. Lisa was already giggling when I was asking.

"Jungkook." Y/N immediately said and both of laughter died down.

She must've saw my sad reaction that she quickly scrambled for words. "I mean— I— Jungkook— he— he— he needs— yeah! he needs saving. You don't need saving."

"Yeah, but my question is, if we both need to be saved. You know what— never mind." I said as the professor went in the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 1.6K 37
Jimin has a thousand problems including an unhealthy obsession with "slutty" outfits and an asshole boyfriend. Yoongi has depression and unfortunate...
110 11 9
The unexpected love between y/n and taehyung without them knowing, they loved each other but thought it was hate.. Enemies to lover trope
34.1K 2.1K 19
under MAJOR editing and he was once again reminded that they would never want him the way he wanted them. because betas always come last hoseok x ot...
5.6K 519 10
Tae and jimin fell in love and got married and their lives were going well. That being the case, tae needed money when he lost a little in his busine...