The Final Hope - Transformers...

By babsgordon152

The third installment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew her place. She was a leader, a fr... More

Chapter One
Author's Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Conclusion
Author's Note

Chapter Thirty-Four

1K 50 32
By babsgordon152

[Amanda]

  Real life was something I did not want to exist on Monday.

  I spent all of Sunday watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and eating junk food as I iced my ankle. The swelling had gone down enough for me to walk properly now as long as I didn't overdo it, which I considered a big success. Walking in with a limp would be a little difficult to explain if I intended to leave out all of the classified bits, which encompassed just about everything that happened on Saturday.

  Truthfully, it was hard to believe it all happened. The battle, Nemesis Prime, it was all a blur, except for one thing, which was crystal clear in my mind.

  Finn had totally kissed me, and then left me gaping like a fish out of water. I had told Miko about what happened (after making her swear an oath of secrecy) and she had completely freaked out before insisting I confront him about the encounter. I reluctantly agreed, and was now on the front steps of the school before my meeting with the principal and faculty, waiting for Finn to show up after I texted him that we had to talk.

  "Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long," a voice said behind me and I whirled around to see Finn walking up the steps towards me. My heart leapt, but I refused to listen to it right now, especially since it had been muddled all weekend.

  "I just walked out," I said, trying to sound casual and not like I'd been thinking about him all of yesterday.

  Primus, what is wrong with me?!

  "So what's up?" He asked, tucking his hands into his pockets. "How's your ankle? You look a lot better- I mean, you're limp is gone."

  How can he act so chill?!

  Stop over analyzing! Just talk!

  "On Saturday, you kissed me," I blurted. "And then said goodnight and left."

  He gave me a sheepish look. "Right, uh, maybe my execution wasn't the best-"

  "I mean, you at least have to take me out on a date before you do that sort of thing."

  "Oh!" He exclaimed, clearly surprised. "I thought you- nevermind. So... you're not mad at me?"

  I crossed my arms. "I've got a policy, Finn. You pass a first date, then you can pull that on me."

  "So all I have to do is win you over with a date?"

  "You make it sound like something easy."

  "No! Not at all! I mean-" He rubbed the back of his neck. "Let's try this again. Amanda, will you go on a date with me?"

  I pretended to look disinterested. "Hm, I don't know, I'll have to check my schedule."

  He playfully shouldered me, causing me to let out a laugh.

  "Let's see what you got, Ryen."

  "You're on, Beckett. I'll pick you up at 7."

  "So soon?"

  He began to retreat towards the street, and sent a wink over his shoulder. "Wouldn't want to keep you waiting."

  It was silent again all of a sudden, and I just realized what had happened.

  Well then, Beckett. You've got yourself a date.

  "Miss Beckett? The school board is ready for you."

  Aaaaaand back to reality.

~~~

[Finn]

  "And if anything- I mean anything- happens that we didn't discuss, you're in heaps of trouble," Miko demanded, wagging her finger in front of my face. "Anything!"

  I put my hands up in surrender. "I got it the first two times, Miko. Don't worry. If anyone wants this to go according to plan, it's me."

  Miko waved her hands dismissively. "It'll work perfectly, trust me." Then she clapped excitedly. "My ship is finally sailing!"

  "...what?"

  "Nothing, you won't understand," she huffed then checked her phone. "Amanda asked me what she should wear."

  I shrugged. "Casual clothes."

  She smacked her forehead. "Finn, that kind of answer won't get you anywhere with girls. I'm saying jeggings and a hoodie."

  Shrugging again, I looked down at my phone to see the time I had been waiting for. "Well, that's my cue. Wish me luck!"

  "Only 'cause you'll need it if you mess up! No pressure!"

~~~

[Amanda]

  Finn showed up at my door at 7:00pm exactly, and I looked myself over quickly before walking out. Miko had told me to stay casual, suggesting jeggings and a hoodie, and I trusted her judgement mostly because I had none of my own ideas. I'd opted for my dark jeggings, a maroon hoodie, and a pair of grey sneakers. I left my hair down, but had a hairtie with me just in case.

  "Well," I stared at myself in the mirror by my front door. "Let's do this."

  After one last deep breath, I headed out, tucking my phone into my pocket and walking out to Finn's Audi. He got out and made his way to the passenger side door, holding it open for me.

  "How gentlemanly of you," I smirked as I slid into the seat.

  "Why of course," He gave me a charming smile before closing my door and getting back into the driver's seat. We began driving out of Jasper, heading in the direction of Las Vegas.

  "So, are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked.

  He shook his head. "That'd ruin the surprise!"

  "Then it'd better be a really good surprise," I joked.

  "Don't worry. You're going to love it."

  "Bold statement."

  "I'm sure of it."

  We went on like that, bantering for the duration of the drive, until I noticed the place we were pulling into, and my jaw dropped.

  "No way!" I exclaimed as Finn parked.

  He grinned. "I told you. Come on, let's go sign in." He took my hand and pulled me as I gawked at where we were. He'd taken me to one of the most elite race tracks in Vegas, where they let you rent whatever supercar they had in their inventory and race it on their tracks. I'd always wanted to come out to a place like this, but never actually found the time. How Finn knew that evaded me, but at this point I wasn't asking any questions.

  We whizzed through the sign in and he brought me to the garage, where thousands of shiny supercars were parked in different stalls, their keys all hanging on their stall walls. I was speechless, my eyes not knowing where to land. Finn saw this and laughed, pulling me out of my daze.

  "Are you going to choose a car, or gawk at them all night?" He asked playfully, nudging me.

  I shook my head. "I'm content just standing here and looking at them."

  "Scared you'd lose to me on the track?"

  "Oh, I see Smokescreen has been rubbing off on you," I smirked. "Take your pick, hotshot. We'll see who's the fastest driver."

  "I don't want to pick first," He said. "You'll just pick one with more horsepower."

  I laughed. "It's not all about the car, it's the driver."

  "Well then, may the best driver win."

~~~

  "So?" Miko demanded, practically leaping over the pair of men lifting a couch into my mansion.

  "Just over there is perfect," I said, pointing to the den before turning to Miko. "So what?"

  "What happened yesterday?" She had practically raced to my manor this morning, arriving just as the trucks with my furniture did, so it had been hard to keep up with both of them.

  I shrugged. "I told you, we went to a race track in Vegas and-"

  "I know that part, but after! What'd he do when he drove you home? What'd you say? Give me the goodies!"

  While I tried to act cool, a small smile made its way across my face. "Well, we just talked about the race on the way back, and I was pretty much just fangirling over the cars."

  "Of course."

  I elbowed her. "And when we got here, he walked me to the door and all."

"Like a true gentleman."

  "Are you going to let me finish?" I joked, earning me a surrendering gesture and a smirk. "He walked me to the door, said he had a great time and that we should do it again, kissed me goodnight and then left."

  Miko didn't even wait until I finished my sentence, she was already squealing in delight, which made several of the moving guys give her weird looks. I laughed, grabbed her arms and tugged her down.

  "And that's all that happened," I finished.

  "That's all?" Miko grinned. "He kissed you again, that doesn't qualify as 'that's all', A. So does this finally make things official between you two?"

  "Finally?"

  "I've literally been waiting for years."

  I rolled my eyes. "Then you know how I feel about you and Jack."

  "Hey!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 1.5K 33
Amelia Moore is Raf's babysitter since she was thirteen and has known Raf for three years. She is known to be cold and angry at everyone at Memorial...
21.2K 576 28
Let's see where the road of both Pacific Rim and Transformers Prime leads my brain shall we? Koda Shank is a pilot. Though the Jaeger program was dis...
753 17 3
Hi there. I'm Techna, a living, shapeshifting, extraterrestrial of both cybernetic and organic matter and life. A Technogian, As my kind are called...
50.6K 1.6K 43
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."- Master Oogway --- ~ BOOK 1 OF THE LIGHTBLADE SERIES Fate sometimes leads us to vario...