Down Memory Lane (narry)✔

By WritingZmyPassion

Memories are important for every human being. People keep memories in pictures, others keep them in diaries a... More

Prologue
Chapter.1
Chapter.2
Chapter.3
Chapter.4
Chapter.5
Chapter.6
Chapter.7
Chapter.8
Chapter.10
Chapter. 11
Chapter.12
Chapter. 13
Chapter.14
Chapter.15
Chapter.16
Chapter.17
Chapter.18
Chapter.19
Chapter.20
Chapter. 21
Chapter. 22
Chapter. 23
Chapter. 24
Chapter. 25
Chapter. 26
Chapter. 27
Chapter. 28
Epilogue

Chapter.9

1.2K 50 23
By WritingZmyPassion

Niall woke up with stinging eyes, tear stained and blotchy cheeks. A clear indication that he had cried himself to sleep and probably cried in his sleep.

The previous night, Niall had made dinner for both him and Nick and after dinner they had decided to watch a movie.

It was Niall's turn to pick a movie and so he chose Bambi. However, Nick had to leave a few minutes in the movie because he was dozing and he needed to sleep as he was required to be at work very early the next morning.

It had been two days since Niall had seen Harry at the mall.

So Niall told him goodnight and he stayed up as he continued to watch the movie and munch on crisps.

However, he couldn't hold himself together when Bambi's mother died and he had to stop watching because he couldn't handle it.

The movie plus pregnancy hormones made Niall cry hysterically that night.

And then that morning, he got out of bed, stretched and went to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and when he saw the state he was in, all the memories of Bambi loosing his mother in such a way came rushing back to him.

He didn't cry but he was feeling low. All through washing up and preparing himself, he felt low. He almost didn't wanna go to work but he figured he'd be more miserable if he spent his day alone.

And so when he dressed up, he went to the kitchen, planning on just having a cup of tea and then going to work.

However, when he got to the kitchen he was met with none other than Nick placing two plates of chocolate chip pancakes on the table.

"Nick? Aren't you gonna be late for work?" Niall asked as he looked at his wrist watch.

"Well, good morning to you too. No I won't be late, I called in to tell them I'll go in a bit late." Nick smiled and motioned for Niall to take a seat.

"Oh okay." Niall said as he sat down.

"So how did you slee- wait are you okay?" Nick asked when he saw Niall's face. It was everything you would see in a person who had been crying and didn't get enough sleep.

"Y-yeah. I'm okay." Niall said, cursing himself internally for stuttering because Nick could read him like a book.

"No you are not. Now what is wrong?" Nick asked and Niall sighed.

He knew that Nick was good at knowing how Niall was feeling even without being told. And he especially got good at it when Niall told him about the pregnancy.

"I just...it's stupid, really. The reason I didn't sleep well. I'm fine now so don't worry about it." Niall started to say but his friend shot him a pointed look with a raised eyebrow.

"Alright fine, do you remember the movie that we were watching last night?" Niall asked and Nick nodded.

"Bambi."

"Yeah, well... I just thought about...  what if I die when my baby is born and they are left alone? I can't imagine my baby being alone Nick or being raised by someone who is not me." Niall sniffled.

Nick stood up and went around the island to wrap his arms around Niall.

"Niall, are you not okay? Did the doctor tell you something about your health that I don't know of?" Nervousness could clearly be heard in Nick's voice as he asked Niall that.

"No I'm okay and healthy so is the baby. I was thinking of what happened to Bambi's mother, it was clearly unexpected and she died. What if I die and leave my baby by themselves in this vast wild world?" Silent tears were now streaming down Niall's face but he didn't bother wiping them away because he knew that they would just keep falling.

"Oh Niall, please don't have such thoughts about life." Nick said and when he paused, Niall spoke up.

"I can't help but think about it. I mean everyone will eventually die, what if my time on earth is over while my baby is still little? What then, I can't even begin to imagine." Niall said, tears still streaming down.

"You are right, everyone will eventually die. But there are a lot of people who will and already love your baby, Niall. There will always be people to take care of them and what you have to do is love them unconditionally while you can because no one knows when their time will be up. Love your baby while you can, starting by feeding them breakfast because I'm pretty sure both of you are starving." Nick said.

Niall's face went from sad to happy when Nick finished his sentence. He really knew how to lighten up his friend's mood.

"I love you Nicky." Niall smiled and stood up then he wrapped his arms around his friend.

"I love you too, Nialler. Both you and the little one." Nick hugged back.

They broke the hug and decided to eat before the food got cold.

                         ****

"It's alright Nick. I'll drive myself, I'll be okay."

"No you don't have to send a driver, my car has been at work for as long as I can remember since you always drop me off and drive me home."

Harry was sat in his car, listening to Niall's end of the conversation on his phone.

It was the end of the day and he should have been driving himself back to his flat -his friends had already left- but he couldn't drive away when he saw Niall get out of the building and walk to his car.

Then he started talking on phone and Harry knew that it was rude to listen in but he couldn't help it.

When he figured out that Niall was about to drive himself home, he thought of offering Niall a ride but he knew that Niall would freak out.

"Alright, I'll see when you get back." Harry heard Niall say and then hung up.

He kept watching him as he unlocked his car, got in and backed away from the car park. He wasn't sure if Niall hadn't seen him or if he had and was just doing what he always did, ignore Harry.

Nonetheless, Harry had no idea why he did it but he did. He knew it was wrong on so many levels but he needed to atleast know where Niall lived and since it was next to impossible knowing, he followed Niall.

He didn't want to think about what Niall would do if or when he found out but he still followed.

He followed when Niall drove to a McDonald's drive thru.

He followed him for twenty five minutes straight and Niall finally parked in a flat complex.

Harry parked on the other side of the street and debated on what he should do. He could go home now, since he knew Niall's residential address.

Or he could just go in and find out which flat was Niall's. After all, he had come this far.

Time was running out, Niall was already out his car and was heading inside with a backpack over his shoulder and a McDonald's bag in his hand.

Harry had to decide fast.

Without thinking about it too much, Harry was out of his car, locked it and was sprinting across the street.

The problem however, was that when Harry got inside, the lift was just closing and Niall was going up.

He had no idea what he'd do. Niall could be staying on any floor. He looked around and his eyes landed on the man behind the desk in the large lobby.

He walked over to him and took out his phone.

"Hi sir, how can I help you?" The man asked Harry with a friendly smile.

"Hello. Uh I just dropped Niall Horan off and he left his phone in my car, could you tell me which floor he's on so that I can bring it to him?" Harry was surprised at how smoothly that came out of his mouth.

But the man just smiled.

"Always forgetting things, Niall. The pregnancy is getting to him." The man shook his head fondly and Harry internally sighed in relief.

He then told him Niall's flat number and Harry thanked him then he walked to the lifts and soon he was going up.

The doors opened when he got to Niall's floor and Harry got out. He walked to the number he had been told and once again he found himself thinking of just leaving since he knew where Niall lived.

But his hand had a mind of its own as it grabbed the knob and twisted it. To his surprise the door opened. Some things never change, Niall was never fond of locking doors.

Harry walked in the flat.

He had no idea what he was doing but he just walked on. He saw Niall's shoes by the door and he too decided to take his off.

The flat was clean and tidy, and it gave a homey feeling. A Niall feeling.

It was quiet and Harry didn't want to move an inch and disturb the quietness but he heard shuffling and humming from where assumed to be the kitchen so he quietly made his way there.

And he saw him. Niall had taken off his hoodie that he had on at work and he was just wearing a black tank top. Harry could see the baby bump protruding and he just wanted wanted to rub it and talk to their baby.

Niall looked so beautiful carrying their baby.

Niall had his back to Harry as he was washing his hands in the sink. He then took a glass and filled it with orange juice that was on the counter.

When Niall tipped his head back to drink the juice, Harry decided to walk in the kitchen and make his presence known.

He took a few steps and when he was directly behind Niall he spoke up.

"Hey Niall." Instead of a verbal response, what Harry got was a glass of orange juice poured on him.

And it went directly into his eyes.

"Oww! What the hell? My eyes!" Harry yelped.

"Harry? What the hell are you doing in my house? How did you even get in, wait did you follow me?" Niall threw questions but Harry's eyes were stinging.

"Help me out. My eyes." Harry had his eyes shut tightly and hoped Niall would not throw him out with eyes stinging like that.

"Please." He added.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 672 22
Niall couldn't leave but he wanted too, just wanted to pack up and forget... But he couldn't. 11.11.15 - 8.11.18
82.8K 833 20
Niall thinks he knows himself. Harry thinks he knows himself. But when they both have the same dream about each other, it will open an entire differe...
40.1K 2K 36
niall knows he fucked up when he realizes he had fallen in love with the married man he's shagging.
4.3K 78 15
When someone you loves cheats on you you already feel shit, and it certainly dosen't help when that person you loved was Niall Horan...