Warrior •Captain America: The...

By I_Am_Iron_Man_

Burn a girl enough and she will become the wind and give you a wildfire. -Erin Van Vuren ***** Bucky Bar... More

Epigraph
Cast list
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Bonus Chapter

Chapter Thirteen

84 2 0
By I_Am_Iron_Man_

A/N:

So it's fairly obvious that Kara isn't really all that torn up about the baby in the last chapter but she was also trained by the Red Room so she knows how to keep her emotions behind closed doors when she's on mission. I just don't want people coming at me for it. We are also almost done with the book. There's maybe this chapter and then like the next one will be like about the aftermath of AoU. Idk I'm undecided.

Enjoy!

*********

"Falcon, status?" Maria muttered over the comms.

I griped tightly onto the edge of the building, attaching the grappling hook to pole.

"Engaging."

I whipped my head over my shoulder to watch Sam fly down to the other hellicarrier. Taking down HYDRA jets that were following.

"Alright, Cap, I'm in."

"Sam, look out!" I shouted flipping backwards off the edge.

"Shit!"

My feet planted firmly against the window, smashing though on the second impact. I tumbled across the room, glass shredding my skin, only to land right in front of Isleen.

"Kara? What are you doing?"

I blinked blood out of my eyes to look at her. Her bruises and cuts had healed over in the hours she had been hiding with Bucky.

"Uh, stopping the launch." My voice sounded distorted. Waterlogged and metallic.

"With what? They can't be stopped I tried."

I clicked my tongue pushing off the floor. "You don't have S.H.I.E.L.D. Data-chips."

"And you do?"

"I have one of them. Steve has the other and Sam has the third. Nat's somewhere in S.H.I.E.L.D." I yanked a piece of glass out of my thigh, ripping my shirt once more to tie around the wound. God, I felt bad for the security worker on shift when these were taken. There going to be coming back torn up and bloodier than before. "How's Bucky? You guys get out?"

"Eight minutes, Rogers'."

I smiled slightly. Maria definitely had a smirk on her face. I could hear it in her voice.

"Working on it." Steve shouted.

"No. Well, I did. They grabbed Bucky before we could make it out the door. They knocked him out with something."

"Great." I muttered before tapping my comm. "Steve, Isleen has come into play. She's here. And so is Bucky."

"She's here? She got a comm?"

"She does now." I whipped around, tossing one to her while throwing my foot into Bucky's stomach. "Channel Seven!"

"Seven secure." I heard her mutter before a wall of fire went up between Bucky and I. "You get the chip to the command center. I'll take care of him as best I can!"

I glanced between the fire and her. A curt nod was all it took for me to sprint towards the center of the carrier.

My feet pounded against the metal grating coming close to an agent. I slid underneath them my daggers slashing across their Achilles' tendon. I rolled to a stop popping to my feet as I came to a new opponent.

He threw his fist towards my face. I ducked under it, flipping backwards. My foot slammed into his jaw and threw him backwards, swearing.

"Alpha locked."

"Falcon, Viper, where are you now?"

"Heading towards Charlie's computer." I shouted just as I jumped over a flying bullet. "I'm under fire, it's might take awhile."

"I had to take a detour!" Sam yelled. I could hear crashing and things blowing up I the background. Some of them corresponding with the shaking of the carrier. "Oh, yeah! I'm in. Bravo locked."

"Two down, one to go." Maria sighed. "Kara? You good?"

"For now!" I shouted trying to dodge around the multiple shots coming at me from all sides. A bullet buried itself into my right shoulder mere seconds later. "Fuck!!!"

"Kara!" Everyone shouted at once.

"I'm good! I'm good, got a bullet lodged in my shoulder but I'm good! Fuck, that hurts." I growled dropping down a level to get a better aim at my attackers. "Isleen. How ya doing?"

"I'm fine. Bucky ducked out. Where are you?"

I glanced around, taking aim for a moment before shooting a round into the agent's skull. "Second floor down, two levels from the center."

"Isleen, get the chip from Kara." Steve ordered. "Kara stay put. I'm getting you out."

"On it, Cap."

I opened my mouth to argue with the both of them. I was shot not incapacitated. The bullet wasn't anywhere important just my shoulder. And then another bullet went through my abdomen.

A gasp tore through my lips before the scream ripped my throat apart.

"STEVE! I NEED SOME HELP HERE!" I rolled onto my stomach my knife leaving my hand and driving into Bucky's forearm. "On the other hand, Bucky's here. He's armed."

I pressed my hands to my stomach trying to stop the blood flow but it felt like I could feel my own life draining away.

"Kara! Holy shit! Cap, I found her! She's lost a lot of blood." Black spots flooded my vision mixing in with forest green eyes and black hair. "Kara, stay with me okay. Don't close your eyes you hear me!"

I tried. I really did. But I had lost so, so much blood. My vision faded and the last thing I felt was cold water.

******

"Beep.....beep.....beep...."

I blinked awake feeling every ache as pain in my body.

"Hey, there, doll." Steve's voice sounded from my right. There was a shuffling noise that cut too deep into my head and then a sharp click. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I was shot." I groaned turning to look at him. My voice sounded rough, scratchy.

"Well, you were. I thought I told you not to scare me like that."

"Wasn't my fault. Yell at HYDRA."

Steve laughed lightly, his hand coming up to cradle my face. "I've already done that. You've been out for a week."

"Well, I basically died, again." I laughed, well, tried to laugh. It ended up turning into a harsh groan. "Remind me not to laugh. How bad is it?"

"It'll be a good scar."

I watched the guilty look overcome his face, waves of it hitting me moment later. "Aw shit, Steve. I thought I told you to stop blaming yourself for me getting hurt."

"You say that like you thought I would listen." He arched a brow his blue eyes barring into mine. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you."

"Steve." I sighed finally feeling the last rib crack back together. My body winced.

"No. Kara. I promised you. A long time ago that I wouldn't let you get hurt and it seems like whenever your not with me, even if it's not that far away, you get hurt."

"I'm a spy, Steve. It's an occupational hazard. I've been shot too many times for me to even since about them. My entire body has been cracked like a twig in one way or another. I'm used to it." I brushed a strand of hair off his forehead. "Not to mention I remember telling you that I didn't agree to that promise."

Steve huffed a sigh, switching his gaze to the ceiling. His hands pulled back to his body. He was wearing his ring. A simple silver band engraved with the date we were married, on the inside. It was the first time I'd see him wear it since we were married. "Yet I distinctly remember arguing with you about it until you gave in. I promised you, Kara. And I've broken that promise so many times over."

I shook my head slightly, rolling my eyes. Damn, he was stubborn. "котенок, I love you, but you have to realize that there are going to be times when you can't protect me. Times where you're not going to be there to protect me. And sooner or later you're going to have to realize that and get used to it. I'm a spy, and I was an assassin, I can protect myself. And I swear the next time I get shot, or I break something, I'll make sure you're the first to know."

"I hate that you're right."

"I know you do. So," I clapped my hands together after pulling myself free from the IV. "When can I get out of here?"

Steve chuckled slightly. "I love you."

"I love you too, котенок. But seriously, when can I leave, I hate hospitals."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1K 21
Two years have passed since the Battle of New York. The battle where the Avengers were able to take down Loki. That means that two years have also pa...
1.6M 39.1K 30
❝Warrior child, you carry such coldness in your veins. War-torn child, you carry such loneliness in your bones. War-born child, you carry such horror...
768K 19.8K 48
And I know it makes you nervous, but I promise you it's worth it, to show them everything you've kept inside, Don't...
6.7K 132 23
70 years later, Kathryn wakes up, disoriented, afraid and seemingly alone. Now she's back in New York and back with her best friend but missing the...