Freak Shake (The Hollens Book...

By MavelineBelle

Jevan Hollen, son of the billionaire Evan Hollen, was the most popular boy in his highschool. His excellence... More

Introduction
Being The New Girl
Underneath Wings
It Starts With A Smile
Ending The Beginning
Cheer For Us Or Against Us
Get Your Lunch On
Roses Are Red
Only Fools Rush In
Crazy
You Got That Right
Sealed With A Kiss
Tell Me About It
Anger Written In Red
When The Moms Meet
History Has It
The First Argument
When The Pressure Arrives
Certainly
Let's Party
Happy Birthday Jevan
The Last Hold
Without Her
Truth
The Letter
Pop Up, Guess Who?
Night Flight To France
Lost For Words
Meeting Jason
Set The Date
What You Don't Know
What Are Friends For
Too Close For Comfort
Trouble In Paradise
A Wrath and A Secret
The Bedroom Picnic
MamaBear
Red Flag
Blast From The Past
Unexpectedly
All Things Lost
Force To Reckon With
Trail Of Fire
In Your Shoes
Supposed To Be
Disastrous Dates
Parental Control
The Recovery
Truth and Trust
The Event
Are You Ready
What's Coming ???
From One Hundred To Zero
The Misunderstand-Ring
Confessions Of A Bitch
Additional
Dahlia
The Hunt Continues
Rocks In The Head
Crossing BorderLine
Who Knew
Chip Off The Old Block
Dare The Dream
Come Back
To Have And To Let Go
The Light At The End
Trial
Happy Ever After Does Exist

Dark to Light

14.2K 844 199
By MavelineBelle

Jevan's POV

"Of course I'm not pregnant," Adobi answered.

I exhaled the air I didn't even know I was holding.

"I want our baby to be plan. I don't wish to give you unexpected news about our future child or to hide him from you," she went on, clearly throwing shot at Blossom.

"Understood," I responded.

"Jevan, let's take a week off. We can visit another country, spend some time together. Just the two of us. I don't like the way things are going between the two of us right now. Please?"

A small creeping guilt captured me. The weekend in Hawaii was actually meant for the two of us but Blossom showed it and I couldn't keep my hands to myself.

"We can do that," I answered.

She squealed happily and ran into my arms.

~

I made arrangements with Blossom to keep Jason. She was still at Nina's but she was getting a place of her own soon. My mom was making arrangements for that to happen on my behalf.

When my parents learnt what occurred to Blossom, they were heartfelt to her. Mom said the least they can do was to offer her security and a place to call her home.

An environment with peace would be better for Jason. Lord knows I didn't want him seeing his mom getting beaten up by Hunter anymore.

~

Now, it was time for Adobi and I to get away and of course, we were heading to Hawaii on my private jet.

We arrived on Sunday afternoon and checked into the hotel I was at previously.

"Honey, should we go to the pool side?" Adobi asked me, showing off her body in a new swimwear she bought while she was away.

"Sure," I responded.

Together, we went to the hotel's pool and got ourselves two pineapple fruit cocktails.

We were enjoying the sunny weather and calming breeze when a voice interrupted.

"Adobi? Adobi Street? Is that you?"

Adobi removed her sunglasses and turned in the direction of the voice. The next thing I knew, she was in another man's arms. Hugging and chattering as if he was a long lost lover.

"Ummhh," I cleared my throat loudly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Jevan this is Ben. Ben, this is Jevan," Adobi introduced which was of a poor taste coming from her.

Something wasn't right.

"Hi, I'm Benjamin but everyone calls me Ben," Ben said, reaching out his hand. I shook it.

Ben was an inch shorter than I was but his body-built made him look powerful. I could tell he work out. His complexion and skin reminded me of when I used to melt dark chocolate when I was a teen.

"And how exactly do you know my fiancee?" I asked him.

"Oh, your fiancee? Adobi, I didn't know you were engaged. Well, congratulations are in order," he said, "Adobi and I go way back. Middle school and highschool to be exact. We dated for a while too," he finished.

"I see," I said and nodded.

"Ben, what are you doing in Hawaii?" Adobi asked him, eyes glowing with every word.

"I'm on vacation. I needed a get away."

"Me too. Well, us too," she corrected by including me.

"Great. Well I'll get out of your hair now. Adobi, it was great seeing you. Hope to see you soon."

"Sure Ben. Bye."

Ben left and I turned to Adobi.

"You're glowing as if Ben asked you to marry him," I said.

"What? Don't be silly. Ben and I are just friends."

"Just friends? You didn't even introduced me as your fiance. You introduced me as Jevan. Since when?"

"Well 'Jevan' is your name. And forgive me for not flaunting you in front of someone I know." She threw her sunglasses back on and laid on the poolside chair next to mine with her arms folded.

"Do I sense a problem?" I asked her.

"The problem is you. It's okay when you do it but when I do the exact same thing, you're angry and your jealousy shows up."

"Fine. I have nothing else to say to you."

I went back to the room.

The next evening, I found Adobi and Ben down by the beach, drinking coconut water and dancing to a live local band music.

The next morning, they had breakfast together.

Maybe this was my karma for cheating on her with my ex-girlfriend but I'll be damn if she hooks up with her ex-boyfriend on the getaway I was paying for.

"Adobi, we need to talk." I caught her just as she was going out the door.

"What?" she answered.

"What has gotten into you?"

"You'd rather complain than have fun with me! Have you noticed that you barely even touch me? I'm always the one to have to start something with you.

You changed. Things weren't like this in the beginning. You're hurting me and you don't even care."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't want your sorry. I want you to fix it."

"How?"

"Let's go to counseling," she answered.

"We will," I answered.

She didn't bother to leave the room anymore. We stayed together, watching movies and ordering room service.

Later that night, we got much closer.

___________

The week getaway ended well for Adobi and I. I was even looking forward to bettering my relationship with her.

When I got back to my job, I had so much work to do. My father didn't spare me any mercy while I was away.

When I was done with my daily tasks, I met up with Adobi and we went to see our private therapist, Dr. Bain.

____________

Blossom's POV

All thanks to Jevan and his family, I was given a house on my own. I couldn't describe how happy that made me felt and how cheerful Jason was for his new home with his mom.

Life was beginning to be beautiful again.

I got back my job with my friends, I got back my kid and I was laughing and happy again without having to wonder if I was going to be beaten for staying out with my friends.

One evening at the office, I finished work extremely late. Summer was close and lots of home owners wanted to remodel or redecorate.

Nina and Sophia were out and I locking up the office.

"Blossom," a voice called as I left the threshold of the office door.

It was dark out but I knew his face through any dark pitch night.

"Hunter. What are you doing here and what do you want?" I asked, reaching for the pepperspray in my handbag.

"Blossom. I messed up. I'm so sorry. You need to take me back."

"I don't need to do anything but be a good mother to my child. I don't owe shit to you Hunter so leave!"

"Stop acting as if you don't care about me!"

"I did! But I don't anymore!"

"Wow. Jevan really got into you, didn't he? Yeah, I know about that trip the two of you took to Hawaii. You see, one of the receptionist saw you there with him."

"And so what? Yes, I was there with Jevan. What are you going to do about it?"

"You cheated on me!"

"Didn't you cheated too? With my worst enemy! In your office! What makes you so much better than me?"

"Okay. We're even. I'm not mad. I swear. I just want us to move on and I want you to fall back in love with me."

"I loved you. I was never in love with you, Hunter. You didn't want that to happen. I'm over you now. Please stay away from me."

"Fine. You'll be sorry for not taking me back!" He got into his car and drove away rather too quickly.

~

The next morning, I woke up to loud knocking on my front door.

I got out of bed and found Adobi  outside.

"Blossom, you slut!"

"Huh? What... What are you talking about?"

"YOU SLEPT WITH MY MAN IN HAWAII! DIDN'T YOU?"

_____________________

A/N

What's in the dark eventually comes to the light.

Adobi knows, Hunter knows but we already knew.

Don't forget to vote for this Chapter if you enjoyed it and looking forward to the next update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 200 24
"If you kiss me, things will change," she says quietly and flicks her eyes up from my lips to my eyes. "What's wrong with a little change?" I whisper...
727 69 17
*CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT, MISSELPT WORD AND PHRASES* This might be based of mutiple books and movies i have watched and is not based on real life cha...
8.6K 244 32
When you, Luna, had lost your family and all of your money when you were young. What would you do? Your grandmother helped you moved into a another h...
15.4M 631K 68
"What happened last night was a mistake. We both had too much to drink and one thing led to another. It was an act of alcohol and nothing more. I don...