For my entertainment

By sineaoakwood

Mari is full of secrets and has decided on a whim to take part in the hunter exam, following the mari's story... More

A/n
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chatper 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
chapter 47
Chapter 48
chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

chapter 58

1.6K 74 18
By sineaoakwood

She let go of the tail before darting away, leaving a cracked footprint in the ground.

"Should we pursuit?"

"No, she is already out of reach. Besides she promise she would come back to kill me – we will wait till then. This is a view I could get used to" the ant king spoke – viewing the spreading land beyond the palace he had taken.

Mari stood before the cowering man and lance, a smile on her face. 

"Now tell me everything"

~~~~

Mari couldn't believe it – she was kicking herself from not realising it sooner. Everything adding up to it, a place where no one existed. A trash heap, smells of rot and decay, smells of rubbish and unclean. A place with plenty of people to experiment on, no one would know or question the disappearances as dead bodies that could appear. A place where humans are thrown into the heaps like trash.

Metreo City.

How didn't she figure it out? All the clues where dangling right in front of her face.

The stench hit her nose first as she walked towards the city of trash, lance by her side looking about in disgust. Why was this even a place? She thought sourly not even attempting to hide her presence, in fact she amplified it – she wanted them to know. To know that she was coming for them. She was the queen checking the king in checkmate. No one was making it out alive.

"Told you Mari-nee-san was here!" a familiar voiced called.

"Hello cutie~" she purred spring to give the boy a hug, before sitting him on her hip, "what are you doing here Kalluto?"

"I'm part of the troupe now"

"Oh I see" she grinned, her blue eyes flicker over the trope members present. Her grinned turned into a smirk as she spotted feitan's lack of clothing. "Oh my~ what happened to you?

The short male made a 'tch' sound, "none of your business"

She placed kalluto down, before stepping towards the male, "aww~ don't be shy" she cooed a sly smile growing on her lips, "If you liked being undressed you could have given us a shout I would be happy to obliged"

Feitan glared at her, the silence was tense for a moment before both sides moved. Feitan came at her with his sword while she blocked with one of her scalpels. "Mari!" lanced groaned, as the he was completely ignored, "We have a job to do! Stop playing about!"

"Yes, stop this foolish behaviour" a deep voice responded, causing both parties to jump back at the sudden intrusion.

Her face settled into a slight glare at to sight before her.

"Arthur"

"Mari"

The man before her had dark brown hair – much like her own with blue eyes. If Mari turned into a male with the same features, the she would like very similar to the man before her. Though instead of the red jumper, he wore a red and black suit – the pair could have pulled off being twins if not for the hostile air suffocating those around them.

"Have you come to surrender yourself?" Arthur asked in politeness

"When have I ever given up, little Arthur? ~" she purred crossing her arms, while shifting her weight into one leg.

"Shame, it seems I will have to persuade you or defeat you"

She scoffed, "you couldn't kill me with a spoon sweetheart. Not back then and not even now"

"When has Arthur ever been defeated by Mordred? I see but an ant under my boot"

"What with the Arthur legend chat?" she directed her question towards lance, who shrugged. "Stupid labs with their stupid stories." She muttered before speaking up, "you are not Arthur of legend nor will you ever be. You are just a puppet on strings"

"I wonder how long you will be speaking disdainful words. It seems will have to break you"

She giggled bringing a hand to her mouth, "break me? Of sweetheart you know how long those session to break me were? And still their wasn't even a signal crack"

He was silence a moment, as if considering her words. "Very true, but you have opened your heart to more this time. Shall we repeat the last session?"

The amusement dipped off her face as she spotted the dark haired child in his grip. His hand holding the struggling child around the throat, "eh? Kalluto?" a troupe member exclaimed behind her, looking from the spot the child had been to where he was now.

"Shall we repeat the session? What was ripped off first? The legs? No I think it was the arms correct? First I will start with this one, then I will find those other two boys" Arthur rambled out loud –considering which method to rip the children up... Much like...

Images flashed before her minded, like a broken video on repeated of her... Her.... Kids being pulled apart. Ripped limb from limb only to be sown back together like toy dolls. She could still hear the high pitch screams ripping out of the kids mouths. Begging for them to stop – begging for their mommy to rescue them. A mom that never came.

The mom completely oblivious to it all after taking her important medication.

Lance glanced towards Mari whose graze was shadowed as she looked towards the ground below her feet. He couldn't read her expression it was blank, gone was the amusement, the joy, the playfulness, leaving nothing behind. "What is he going on about?" Phinks asked. A frown on his face as he glared at the male holding the troupe member by the scruff of the neck.

"Mari had kids" lances spoke softly, earning the shocked attention of the troupe, "two exact clones of herself, she raised them in the labs but they... She couldn't be broken so they tried to break her spirit. They ripped them apart before her eyes then put them back together again. It was a continuous cycl-"

"Lance" Mari voice was cold as ice as she cut him off. "Arthur, do you know what happened after that...incident?"

Arthur was silent, watching her like a hawk as she raised her head – blue hues glowing brightly. The glowing leaving a line behind her as she moved. Kicking him directly in the chest while ripping kalluto from his grip. Where she had been stood a black oddly shaped cross clattered against the floor. "I snapped. I was so bloody pissed that I completely wiped an island of the map, of the face of the earth" she growled, glaring at her male counterpart, her eye glowing dangerous as the nen increase around her.

The troupe looked towards lance for confirmation, to which he nodded, "True, the island doesn't existence anymore – there was a news article about it ages ago."

Her body rippled – as her demon form emerged, the black veins emerging out of her scared skin. Her tail swaying in her wind as her whitening hair whipped about the spiral horns. The half-blood demon had made its appearance. Her nen expanding out of her as a circled appeared around her feet – only to grow bigger and bigger. "Shit!" lance cursed turning toward the troupe "Run! Make sure you're out of the circle"

"Eh?"

"You don't want to get into a battle between gods" he growled, filtering to pick a kalluto up before running for his life. As the nen with in the circled intensified, growing heavy to match the mood Arthur had put the demon in.

Arthur dusted himself off, readjusting the cuffs of his shirt as he made his way to the bandaged female – completely unaffected by the tension around them.

"Shall we get down to business?" he asked a smile crawling along his face as a Cheshire grin grew on her known.

"Let's dance"

To be continued...

oh my god... okay looks like the final battle is apon us!

i wounder how its gonna end.. :) what do you guys think? who will come out victorious or with no one win?

shall i have mari have a proper relationship with either hisoka or illumi?

or more of a open, free for all relationship?

ideas?

please comment and let me know guys, love hearing ur therioes and comments XD

love ya all!

happy hunting xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 17.2K 43
"ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ. ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄᴏʟᴏᴜʀ ʙᴜᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ." "ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ?" "ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ɪɴ...
18.9K 873 40
┆彡 𝐉𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 | 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐗𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘪...
7K 231 48
Two sisters living under one roof, in the small town called Pharage on Dolphin Island. Their life was changed by a traumatizing event when their pare...
5.9K 349 60
Raine goes on an adventure to a deadly jungle with mythical beasts to get revenge on a former Spider who destroyed her home. She's trained hard to ke...