For my entertainment

By sineaoakwood

Mari is full of secrets and has decided on a whim to take part in the hunter exam, following the mari's story... More

A/n
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chatper 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
chapter 47
Chapter 48
chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
chapter 56
Chapter 57
chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 53

2.4K 88 4
By sineaoakwood

"Yeah let's come back another time"

"Who wants food?"

Quickly the group of three left, darting out of the building, lance quickly sending Mari a text to let them known when she's finished.

~~~

Mari blinked wearily, her strength was finally back to full strength after so long of sleeping. She didn't move though enjoying the warmth from two of her favourite males. Hisoka and illumi. The pair slept on either side of her, strong arms wrapped around her keeping her in place.

A smile graced her lips as the memories of the night before raced through her head.

It dipped slightly as she thought of her predicament, she had hit another dead end on her quest. She had hoped that Elaine would reveal more but instead she got death threats and the facts there weren't 'here'....

What was the exact wording again?

Don't you understand, they're not here!

It's a game! You bitch I hope god gives you judgement! You should be begging for mercy

They're not in this world, bitch. That's all I was ever told, enjoy this stupid game, you going to hell

She sighed though her nose, nope, she hadn't a clue. But one thing was for sure – they were definitely on this planet. No one just disappears, maybe it was someone nen ability she mused, that makes then look like they disappeared, vanished into nothing....

She should ask Shal... He was a better hacker that her, maybe he would know something.

There she had a plan.

X-Time skip-X

She skipped into the spider base only to freeze at the sight before her. Blue hues widening in surprise at the sight before her. One moment feitan was sat there in front of a game console the next moment he had disappeared in a flash of light.

"What was that?" she muttered moving into the room.

"He really disappeared... I had some doubts but..." phinks muttered as the other member moved closer to the game console.

"What's that?" questioned Machi

"A video game, greed island" answered pinked, a cheeky grin spreading on his face, "wanna play? It'll kill soon time"

She watched hidden in the shadows as phinks also vanished in a flash of light. Thoughts spins as pieces clicked into place, now she needed more information. "Shal!" she jumped wrapping her arms around the blonde's neck, her head leaning on the boys shoulder.

"Yes Mari?"

"What can you tell me about that?" she asked pointing toward the game console.

"It's a game called greed island, live and death game for hunters. Though I believe it's for those who can use Nen." Shal exclaimed reading though the catalogue in his hands for the auction.

"Hmm" she eyed the machine, words reading though her head as she did so..

It's a game.

Stupid game.

There're not here.

Not in this world.

A grin spread wide across her face. It was worth a try if not it would provide some entertainment, plus she drag lance into it as well. She gave shal a quick peck on the cheek, "thanks~" she purred as the blushing blonde before running out of the crumbling building.

Sprinting straight towards her pen house where she knew lances would be.

"LANCE!" she yelled jumping on said male who lay on the sofa quietly reading.

"What the hell Mari?!" he sputtered throwing her weight off her.

"I got a lead! Come on!" she grinned pulling him up.

"What? Where? Who?" lance questioned as Mari pulled him out of the doorway.

"Well first of we are crashing Gon and killua auditions for Greed Island come on!"

"What why?!" yelled lance still being dragged by Mari out onto the street.

"Well our lady friend," he grimaced at the mention of his dead stalker, "dropped some hints. One there not 'here' and she kept repeating that's it's a game. Anyway, I when over to the spiders den and watched as feitan disappeared into a game console! It would explain why there not 'here' and why she kept repeating that it's a game" Mari explained as there run dodging other city walkers without an issue.

"But to go into the game it requires you to use nen? Most of the higher up and scientist can't use nen" lance pointed out.

Mari stopped as realisation dawned on her. "Darn it" she cursed, "well that goes out the window"

She thought, of all the facts roll though her head, underground. smelling of a trash heap. Trash heap. The Twins training the newbies. Newbies not here. Being trained. It's being a game...

"Let's go anyway! Something it my guts tells me something there" Mari stated before continuing to run. "It be entertaining anyway" she sent him a closed eye smile.

"Fine, but you can explain it to the boys. It's like your stalking them"

"Oh shush, how did their training go?" she asked

"Good, I think gon finally got the hand of ren and killua... I understand why you like him that much"

She grinned, "He's good isn't he"

They stepped into the building quickly making it into a giant like theatre. Hiding in the back, the pair slipped into the seats no one trying paying much attention to the siblings. Amateurs. She listening as tsezugera stating that only 32 would be expected... She doubted that they would reach 20 judging of the some called hunters in the room.

A mental screen dropped down while curtains downs completing covering the stage from view. "Will those interested in taking part in the test come forward?" A man in a black suit stated, starting the exam.

Neither Mari nor lance move opting to be one of the last. Blue hues linger on the line watching as contestants lined up, most wouldn't make it but a few. Her eyes dropped at a small blonde girl... but a few would.

It was like the hunter exam all over again. If not with more powerfully targets.

This should be fun if it wasn't worth it.

Lance poked her shoulder before pointing towards the centre of the room, both gon and killua sat there talking to a Stanger. She smiled at the sight, there nen had improved greatly she could see the spark.

Eventfully killua walked up for his turn. Mari concentrated on his nen as he disappeared from sight, she could feel the thin on her arms stand up as his nen increase. It was a beautiful feeling she would have to ask how he developed his hastu.

Gon turns. She waited before a loud boom echoed though the building. She glanced toward lance before laugher erupted from her lungs. What did he do!?

She moved pulling up lance with her it was their turn. She walked down the hallway into the testing room, pausing in the doorway as tsezugera staring intently at a giant hole in the crumbling wall. "You really ticked them off by saying there weren't good enough, you really gave them a push" she commented the door closing softly behind her.

The man jumped slightly at the sound of her voice. "Sorry I didn't notice you there..." he paused her word registering to his brain, "you know them?"

"Of course they my boys~" she purred strolling into the room.

Standing before the male hands on her hips with a cocky expression on her face. She was wearing her usually clothes, oversized red hoody. High roller-skates. Multi-coloured backpack. Messy brown curly hair.

"Alright show me you're Ren, go full out"

A smile graced her lips, "full out?" she questioned, "are you sure you can handle it? I'm like an atomic bomb"

"do it"

She shrugged, "10%" releasing her nen, the pressure in the increase. The man watched frozen trying to keep the emotions hidden.

"20%" she purred increase the nen and pressure in the more by another 10%. Sweat dipped down his head as she did so.

"30-"

"No enough you have proved yourself" the man stopped her. Instantly the nen returned to her body, "You pass"

He stated, gesturing her to leave. Only when the door close behind the girl did his strong stance crumbled. "What a monster" he muttered letting out a shuttering breath.

"Sorry about my sister" his eyes widened as he looked towards to the now open doorway.

Lance stood there, giving him a small smile. "She can be a bit playful at times..." he muttered, green hues watching the door the female had just disappeared though. "Thought she isn't kidding when she compared herself to an atomic bomb. That much I can say"

The man composed himself, "your family?"

"Yup" lance nodded, "what would you like me to do?"

-x-

Mari stood by the door waiting for lance to meet her. He strolled up a smirk on his face, "I think you scared him a bit"

"Me? No? I would never" she grinned opening the door wide as they stepped into the room, the boys chatting intently don't noticing the pair entering.

"How long do you think it will take for them to notice?"

"I think that depends on you wanna play it" lance grinned at her, the mischievous grin mirroring her own.

The sibling sat behind the chatting besties. Lance internally grateful that the prank was being play on someone else for once.

Mari rested her hand on her chain as she smile down at the boys, "that?" you mean your special technique right? What is it?" killua questioned looking intently at Gon.

"It's a secret hehehe!" Gon giggled at killua.

There was silence as killua frowned before a cat like grin spread and he pounce. Jumping on gon to get answers. "Come on tell me!" killua hissed while tickling the naïve boy.

"no-ha-pe haha" Gon said in-between laugher.

"You tell me though right? Gon?"

"Yes mari-nee-chan" Gon grinned.

Both Gon and killua froze. Before turning towards the sibling pair who were trying not to laugh at the pairs surprised looks. Mari couldn't hold it in any longer her busted out laughing, clutching her stomach while falling off the chair. Lance besides her grinned chuckling while slumping back in his seat.

"What? How?" stutter the boys pointing at the laughing pair.

The group completely ignoring the stares of the other passing competitors.

"Mari got a lead, in Greed Island... well we think" lance grimaced with a shrug. Pulling the laughing female back into her seat.

"How come you didn't let us know you were coming here?" mutter killua with a frown, "you could have warned us"

"It was a last minute choice sweetie" Mari grinned.

"What did you fine?" question gon only for their conversation to be interrupted by a cough.

The group turned to the font, tsezugera stood in front of them all, giving the group a pointed (slightly scared) look. "Now that I have all of your attention, let's begin"

To be continued...

hello all!

please dont shoot me.

i have been trying to upload but i am attempting the thing called adulthood

and lets just say i suck at it.

sooo... i have a new job and is in the progress of moving...

i have no idea if the place has internet... but i will be trying my hardest to upload

DO NOT WORRY, i wont be leaving these stories hanging as i love writing them!

please review, i would like to know what you think of the story soo far and if you like where is going!

sorry again for the delay and for the delays that will most likely happen in the future... hopefully i wont be going into hisatsu but just slow updates.

love you all xx

happy hunting xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 116 9
In which a young man sets out to find adventure and meaning in himself, but steals a few hearts instead. | ↳ or- In which a young man wants nothing...
61.1K 1.8K 43
Z is a blacklist and spirit hunters whose accidentally caught the eye of a magician and a certain troupe of spiders. Will her bad attitude and foul t...
2.1K 68 27
y/n l/n a famous killer magician decides to take the hunter exam would they pass? will they make friends because they are friendless as fuck? will t...
19.2K 429 18
Shi Yoake has lived in fear all her life, hiding behind a simple mask to keep everyone away. When one day she is saved and taken to the Hunter X Hunt...