Electrifying Love (Fairy Tail...

By SenpaiWrites

Katsumi Dreyar is the youngest grand-daughter of the one and only Makarov Dreyar, the guild master of Fairy T... More

Electrifying Love (Fairy Tail Fanfic)
1. Don't cha miss me?
2. Everyone misses you Katsumi!
3. Shirotsume Mission; Settling in
4. Shirotsume Mission; Triggered Memories
5. She's Invisible
6. Regretting the Memories
7. Snakes of Hell
8. Warm Rescue
9. A Change In Game
10. High Speed Assasination
11. My Battle
12. The Black Snake Woman
13. New Member?
14. You're the First
15. Hebiyo's First Mission
17. Sealed Fate
18. Damn Fireworks
19. Aftermath
20. Denial to Acceptance
21. The Slow Descent

16. Preparing for a Festival; Unprepared Feelings

2.5K 101 38
By SenpaiWrites

16. Preparing for a Festival; Unprepared Feelings

***GRAY'S POV***

After that short mission, I decided to lounge around at the guild for a bit. As usual, they were rowdy and loud, such a pain sometimes.  

Katsumi went off with Lucy and Natsu to do a mission not too far from here, so I couldn't talk to Katsumi, not like I wanted to desperately talk to her or something like a stalker.

I groaned silently to myself as I slump down at a seat at the bar. Mira was doing the usual as well; cleaning the wine glasses while humming to herself. 

"Gray? Hm you're not with Katsumi today?" Mira asks curiously, a tint of deviousness in her voice. I shrugged. 

"Nah, she's on a mission with the flame head and Lucy." I say non-chalantly. "Why do you assume she'll be with me, huh?"

"It's because you guys have been together a while." Mira answered simply with a smirk. "Can't you see that she obviously likes you?"

Mira was known as a shipper. She always paired the members of Fairy Tail together, wether they like it or not. I was caught in a ship with Katsumi, apparently. 

"She likes me as a friend Mira." I answer her cooly. "She's just a childhood friend to me. Nothing new."

"You're such a liar." Mira pouts, but her lips curve into a smile as her eyes light up. "How about you take her to Rainbow Sakura Tree Festival this week?"

"It's already been grown? I thought Natsu pulled the tree out by the roots last year and sailed it down the river." I say, confused. 

Mira giggles. "Natsu got in a lot of trouble, but Master got some of the guild's best earth mages and they restructured the tree again." She informs. "I hope that Natsu won't try a stunt like that again."

"A festival huh..." I murmur to myself. Maybe taking Katsumi to a festival would be the perfect opportunity to... Talk. "Alright, I'll ask Katsumi."

I turn to look at Mira who is beaming widely. "Awahhh~ I totally ship you two!" She cooes. "You better not take no for an answer, Gray!" 

"We were lucky that you were there, Katsumi-chan." A relieved voice says. "I'm sure Natsu would've destroyed the whole neighborhood if you didn't stop him."

"You didn't have to hit me that hard Katsu-chan!" A male voice whines.

"Aye sir!" A higher voice squeaks playfully.

"Aha, sorry." A more melodious one chimes. "It's just that you were about to go on a rampage back there, so I had no option."

"Welcome back you four!" Mira welcomes with a tray of drinks in her hands. "How was the job?"

"It wasn't hard, but Natsu nearly demolished the town." Lucy sighs. "At least this time, Katsumi stopped him before he could destroy his 5th building."

Natsu looks away. "He was askin' for it..." He grumbles under his breath.

"Hey Gray." Katsumi looks at me with a small smile. "How was the guild?"

I couldn't help the retort. "You know just as well as I do Katsu." I say as she just smiles again. "Anyways, we should help Gramps set up the festival."

"Yeah, Master would love the help. This year's festival is going to be great." Mira says cheerily. "There will be lots of couples, so make sure to bring a partner~"

Mira glances at me quickly with a discreet wink and hands everyone a glass of water. 

"A partner huh?" Lucy hums. "Well then, Natsu you want to come with me?" She asks calmly. 

Natsu looks at her and grins. "Sure. I don't think I've got anything else to do anyways." 

I look in the backround as Happy giggles knowingly. 

"Well then, let's go see Gramps." Katsumi grins and flips her hair back. "Knowing him, he'll want this year to be just as grand as ever."

We all follow her lead as she knocks on the door. "Gramps? You there?" She calls out in a loud voice. 

"Come in!" Another loud voice orders.

We obey and come in as we're greeted with endless stacks of paper. Gramps was sitting in his usual chair, but with a tired and drained look. 

"You're not looking too good Gramps." Katsumi says with a concerned look. "We're here to support you in the festival, so if there's anything to do, we're the people for the job."

"You came just in time, Katsumi." Gramps says exhaustingly. "I need Gray and Natsu to go into town and help the bakeries and the stands in town. I've already sent Gajeel down there."

"Hai." Natsu and I answer simultaneously.

"Alright, Lucy, go with Levy and help her with written preperations." He tells her as Lucy nods determinedly.

"H-hai!" 

"Katsumi, you can stay here and help with the paperwork." Gramps says lastly as he stands up and pushes his chair in. "Do you mind if I take a break?"

"Of course not Gramps." Katsumi says calmly. "I'll have most of it finished by the time you come back, alright?"

"I can count on you guys." He says as we all give each other a look.

Lucy smiles. "Okay, well I'm off to the library. I'll see you guys later!" She says before dashing out of the room. 

"I'll see you later Katsu!" Natsu grins towards Katsumi. "You better hurry up, Droopy Eyes." Natsu throws an insult and leaves the room.

I click my tongue in annoyance and look towards Katsumi. "Sorry to leave you behind with all the paperwork." I apologize cooly. "I have to take care of that Flame Breath over there."

"No no, it's fine." Katsumi assures me, slipping her long, gold hair back. "Everyone has to do a part in this festival right? So I'd be happy knowing that we all did our parts."

'She's so... Optimistic. It's almost unlike her.'

"I-I have a question to ask you." I curse myself for breaking my tone in the beginning. I glance up at Katsumi, who stares at me with her electric blue eyes. 

"Yes, what is it Gray?" She says warmly, the way a friend would say it. 

I destroy the thought and I look at her with determination. "I was wondering if anyone was going with you to the festival." 

Her eyes widen slightly, but I noticed it.

"N-no... Not yet." Her eyes gaze down as she tilts her head downwards a bit. "It's a bit embarrasing, I know... Surely you have a date already."

'What made her think that?'

"Actually, no." I answer shortly. "I was wondering if you want to spend the festival together, you know?"

I could hear my heart thumping. Although I was able to keep up the cool act, I could feel my face thaw and heat up.

'C'mon Katsumi... Please answer...'

"I-I would love to Gray." Katsumi answers, her face slightly pink. She looks away, her cheeks still a little reddish. "I-I'll be in the guild whenever you want to go..."

"Sure." I say as I walk up to her. I plant my hand on top of her head. The strands of hair brush my hand as I pat her head. She always hated how I made fun of her height. "Thanks, Katsu." 

I leave the room, not looking back as I rest against a wall near the room. I sigh in relief as I raise a hand to touch my face. 

It was hot. 

"Jeez, how stupid did I look...?" I grumble to myself, pushing my fingers into my forehead. "It's still warm..."

"I would bet." A taunting voice replies. "You did quite the daring act."

I quickly raise my head to meet the other Dreyar in the family. Laxus. He smirks at me with his cocky face and crosses his arm.

"So you're the one who has eyes for my sis, eh?" He questions, not removing his eyes off me. "I would be careful what you do, this incoming festival."

Frowning, I decide to question him back. "What do you mean? Do I look like that shady of a character to you?"

Laxus scowls. "Of course you do. Always stripping and such." He retorts with a hint of irritation. "How can I trust you with my sister if you always decide to take off your shirt right beside her?"

Damn my stripping habit. "It's a habit." I snap back. "I've been good friends with your sister since we met, so I see no wrong in asking her to accompany me to a simple festival.

Laxus glares at me with his dull eyes. "I already know that, you numbskull. I'm just saying this now, so I can warn you." He says with a quiet but deadly voice. "If you ever harm my sister, I'll make sure to pay you back ten fold. The electric dragon has no mercy."

I don't flinch. There's absolutely nothing I would on purpose to harm Katsumi. 

Laxus raises an eyebrow at my hardened face as he lets out a loud laugh. "You've got balls, Gray." He says with a smirk. "I'll be sure to keep a steady watch on you."

I can't help but smirk back. "Just you watch, Laxus." 

Just you watch.

.

.

.

***KATSUMI'S POV***

The piles of paperwork towering above me couldn't shadow the immense blush on my cheeks. Gray left without another work as the door closed.

I-I can't believe he did that. 

Why does my heart beat so loud... Like it's directly in my ear?

I reach for my face hectically. It was burning.

"Gray..." I whisper as I hide my face from the walls watching me. "Ugh! This will get me nowhere! I have to do some work!" I say, snapping myself out of my corner.

As I pick up the pen, I can't help but turn pink at the thought of the moment. He just pat my head, so why do I feel so... Confused? No... 

I toss aside another piece of paper towards a growing finished pile.

My heart hurt when Gray denied Hebiko yesterday, but today it nearly beat out of my chest. 

I'm losing my cool, so I need to chill. 

After nearly half an hour of pure work, I drop my pen and stretch my arms back. For the whole time, I couldn't help but think of Gray.

His voice.

His face.

The ice of his.

His funny habit.

Just everything about him is charming to me.

I slump my head against the desk, failing to rid the many thoughts clouding my mind. Tapping my fingers against the hard wood, I raise up my pointing finger and a little swirl of light comes out. 

Tapping it again, crystal forms on the table, spreading out and slowly morphing into a small figurine. One of snowflake.

Gray...

Damn it. I have fallen hard haven't I? Has seeing him this much affected me this badly?

But I know he'll never feel the same way about me. 

To him, I'm just a childhood friend. His voice gives it away. He treats me like the old me. The one stuck in the past, aiding to Natsu's and his needs. 

Gray... I like you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 696 38
Akima Frost, and her snow leopard exceed, Kida have been around for a long time.Constantly joining Fairy Tail, only to leave again. A constant "tradi...
140K 3.6K 42
Complete 18 year old (Y/N) Dreyar is the Shadow God Slayer of Fairy Tail. However, she holds one of the most mysterious pasts in all of Fiore that s...
31.9K 850 20
Y/N L/N is not your average wizard. With her mystical ice magic, she is, without a doubt, one of the strongest dragon slayers out there. She finally...
261 1 10
A young girl appears at the guild wanting to join Fiore's no 1 guild Fairy tail. all the members welcome her into their family with open arms howeve...