The Significance of Potatoes...

By Herbamischief

You ever walked into a place and immediately new something was going to be different about the day. One Direc... More

The Significance of Potatoes and Carrots
Chapter 1 - When Deca Met Scarlet: Potatoes vs. Carrots
Chapter 2 -Gifts, Tweets and the spotlight...
Chapter 4-Fun,Food and Wattpad?
Chapter 5-Why Scar Why?
Chapter 6- Pike Place Retreat pt.1
Chapter 7-Pike Place Retreat pt.2
Chapter 8- To London and Flack....
Chapter 9-Operation Magic Mike
Chapter 10- Mornings and No Man's Land...
Chapter 11- Meet the Family pt1 :Scar meet Anne Foxy Coxy
Chapter 12-Meet the Family pt 2-Deca Meet the Maliks
Chapter 13-Daddy Direction Say What?!
Chapter 14- The A-List Predator and purple gum drop.
Chapter 15-Feels Like Home To Me or Not!
Chapter 16- Goodbye...for now.
Epilogue-What we came here for...

Chapter 3- Meeting Scarlet and Deca

305 5 0
By Herbamischief

Liam’s P.O.V

Another Concert, I absolutely love our American fans, they just take things to another level. Our next stop today was Utah; the air was chilly as it was coming down to the end of the year. I ran a hand through my newly shaved head. I shook my head to clear my thoughts so I wouldn't start mopping again, according to Louis, I looked a kicked puppy when I mopped. We were hoarded into our changing rooms at the area, Lou our makeup stylist was busy tending to Zayn's hair. Niall as always was tweeting like crazy, while munching on some snacks. That boy sure loved food. Harry was the last one to change and came out wearing his normal blue and white blazer. Louis was busy trying to find his TOMs, I just leaned back against the chair I was sitting at, and going through each and every song we had to do tonight. Soon we were told to go to one of the other rooms for a Meet & Greet with some special fans.       

We walked in, and saw the 20 fans that got or won the Meet and Greet at our show, and we were just visiting, talking to them, answering questions, then it was signing and picture time.

We went behind our table, and one by one were talking and visiting with them, when as it was wrapping up, this girl comes over with a backpack on wheels, and she got inside it and held some other stuff with this monster brown plastic bag of something, and when she got to our table, she put it down. "What do we have here?" I asked smiling at her.

"Hi," she said and paused but was really sweet. She had long brown hair, tied up in a bun, dressed a little bit like the lads, and she smiled. "My name is Scar, and I thought why not bring you guys real Idaho potatoes. So here is a ten pound bag for you."

Another girl behind her, about two inches shorter than the first grinned before saying, ''Those are the real deal too.'' I smiled at watch she was wearing, a red plaid shirt to the blue I was wearing. She had dark brown hair in waves, with a cute butterfly hairband. She held out three giant bags full of........Carrots. My eyes grew at the ratio of how many there were in there. She handed them to Louis. ‘These are for you, 3 pounds of carrots, there were four pounds, but I couldn't help myself, they were just too good,'' she laughed nervously rubbing the back of her head.

That is a lot carrot. I turned to Louis. He was eager; I should know he is like a hyper two year old when he sees carrots. He accepted with a huge smile thanking her. ''No problem love, I have the exact same problem.'' Yes you Lou, yes you do.

He looked at the girl who was in front of me and commented on her shirt , '' Love the shirt love.'' he signed her poster giving it back to her.

“Thanks, even I’m going sockless,” she said looking at her shoes.

Louis looked under the table, and was very excited, “Yes… I’m not the only one!” which we laughed.

After he signed their stuff and passed them for me to sign, the girls handed me a bag with some spoons, but then when I looked closer, the tips had the ends cut to look like forks. ''We thought you'd appreciate these, they aren't spoons nor are they forks, and they’re sporks.''

I laughed taking the bag, "I will try them," I smiled. I really never seen them before, or I have and just don't remember, "Thank you girls."

They grinned widely. ''No thank you '' they replied in unison.

They moved onto Zayn, giving him a set of combs and a compact mirror with a 'Z' on it, coupons for Niall, which I overheard it was Nandos, which Niall yelled, 'Free food!", and then the girls got Harry some books about cats, and a picture of a cat who was his fan. Which I thought was really cute and funny while I was meeting the other girls that were there.

I couldn't help but over hear their conversation when they were talking to Harry; apparently neither could the rest of the lads. I heard some of the words,'' Section A, Row 3, Seat 5 and Section A, Row 3, Seat 4.''

They were sitting next to each other, but they were already acting like they knew each other just as long as I had the lads. When he asked them if they had planned it, there answer shocked me. ''We just met today actually, '' said Scarlet. ''Wow'' he said. ''Just like we did on the show '' Wow indeed Harry, the lads were the best friends anybody could ask for, and we just clicked when we were put together.

Scarlet's friend who I identified as Deca said mysteriously, ''Sometimes fate leads us to the people we are meant to meet.'' I silently agreed with her, she should be perfect for Zayn. I caught Harry looking at each of us; I made eye contact and smiled briefly before signing some more posters. ''Who'd have thought that you five not getting picked as individuals, turned into much more than anybody could've imagined, ''Scarlet piped up saying. '' Best decision Simon ever made was putting you five together, your voices harmonize so beautifully, there isn't one direction without the five of you.'' she continued. Her friend finished by saying, ''You five were meant to sing together.''

If I didn't audition when I was 14 to be turned down by Simon the first time only to be turned down a second time, thrust into X-factor boot-camp to meet my future bandmates and best friends and form the globally popular One Direction, his decision changed all of our lives. All the leads seemed to have heard them. ''Thanks' we said in unison.

Then the girls were told to move along, but funny thing is, from what Scarlet said and Deca, really made me smile. They both didn't say mean things to us... didn't say that Zayn or Niall should've be in it, didn't ask us about the girlfriends either. They were just normal girls, and it was really sweet on what was said.

Then in the corner the girls screamed, which made the lads and I laugh at them looking at each other... then a few seconds later, they were gone.

I felt like something was special went we met them... they didn't even ask for our picture with them... I felt lonely again, but there wasn't time for that now, it was time to head off to go give these girls a show.

We stood fixing ourselves; the countdown ran out as we jumped up from the platform. The lyrics came out naturally, ''We're like na, na, na, then we're like yea, yea, yea,'' we sung Na Na Na. The concert was going smoothly, then it was on to 'Tweet Time ''.

I looked up at the screen and saw a tweet from Scarlet, ''Boys, I hope that you get my potatoes and love them ~Scar, Sect A, Row 3 and Seat 5 '' 'Ya, we met Scar, lovely girl and her friend Deca, which surprisingly, she tweeted too.'' I saw Deca's tweet on display next.

''And what is funny, is that these girls just met tonight, and are sitting side by side,'' I said smiling.

Harry piped up next, '' Yea, they only just met, and they are already talking like best friends.'' ''Reminds me of us,'' said Niall. Coincidentally they do. ''When we we're on the show, '' Zayn added. I always loved the behind the scenes and the making of the twitcams and video diaries, we could be ourselves.

''Harry what did Scar tell us?''

Harry smiled, ''Who'd thought that us five not getting picked as individuals could've turned into something more. Best decision Simon ever made was putting us five together, our voices harmonize so beautifully, there isn't one direction without the five of us. Then Deca said, ''We meant every word of it.”

We went to the edge of the stage looking around.

“Where are you luv," Lou said looking around the huge arena.

We then saw not far Deca and Scar wave like crazy as fans around them were trying to help out.

"There they are," Niall said waving back as all five of us looked at them.

The stage lights shown on them for us better to see, seeing that they were just in shook and blushing that Deca blew a kiss, and I watched Zayn pretended to catch it, and tucked in away in his trousers,

Until we heard…

"BOYS!" Lou shouted, "We need to get back to the show. We can chat and find the girls later."

We laughed as we went back on to finishing the tweets, and going into the next song ‘I Wish’.

I chuckled at Zayn and Harry, they both looked away blushing. As we continued as started singing, ‘I Wish '' I saw Zayn and Deca looking at each other. I wasn't even sure they were blinking. Zayn was putting his heart into the song as if he was conveying a silent message; Deca was swaying to the song. Scarlet looked from Deca to Zayn and back again. I guess she saw it too, the weird connection. We sung a few more of our songs, ''I Want, One Thing, What Makes You Beautiful and ended the night with our new single ,''Live While We're Young.''

The concert soon ended, ''Thank you Utah, good night.'' The lads and I hurry back stage so we could change and find the girls. I know two guys who were very, very eager right now to go outside.

I grabbed Harry and Zayn right before they could think about leaving and instruct them to wear some disguises before they could get mobbed by our more overzealous fans who liked to linger to get glimpses of us at each concert. Harry grabs a straight red wig while Zayn grabs a curly blond one; they both take the pair of ray-buns Louis throws at them before they are running out the door.            

I sighed, "I hope they could find them," Lou said as we were getting ready to leave for the hotel. Thank god we got a day off tomorrow; besides, we really didn't want to sleep on the buses when it's cold outside. As we were done, Zayn and Harry come back frowning taking their wigs off and sunglasses.

"What happened?" I asked. "They're gone. They're not there," Harry said sadly.

 "How?" Lou asked. "They must have left when we left the stage mate," Zayn said.

 I pat their back in sympathy, ''Don't worry lads you'll see them again.'' ''Just have fate,'' Lou said dropping a hand on Harry's shoulders. Niall and I grabbed our bags, walking out as the rest of the lads followed us. Zayn turned to me, ''What's the name of the Hotel?'' ''Metropolitan Inn ''

Harry sighs sadly, ''Aww don't worry Haz, you'll see her again,'' Lou ruffles his curls.

Harry scowls, ''Don't mess with the curls,'' he laughs slightly.

''Where do you think the girls are staying? '' Niall pips up; his hand is full with his bag and a pack of potato chips. Lou opens one of the three bags of carrots he has, and starts munching on them.

My phone starts ringing, ''Incoming call Uncle Si'' I gesture for them to quiet down.

''Hello Uncle Si... Yes....the concert. Was great....oh the rooms....so we're switching rooms then ...okay...'' he hangs up on me.

I look at the lads,'' The penthouse is unavailable, so we are getting the Presidential Suite instead ''

We all collapse on the various couches in the Bus after fighting through the lingering fans. I'm almost asleep when the Tour Bus stops again.

“We’re here,” our driver told us.

We slowly got up, grabbed our overnight bags, and went inside to check in, and up to our room.

We went to sit down on the couch, and Lou finished his first bag, Niall on I don’t know what number of chip bag, Zayn was looking at the stuff his fans got when I saw the compact mirror in his hand as he was studying it, Harry grabbed the books he got from Scar and Deca, when he dropped something on the floor. I bent over to pick it up to see this beautiful cat, laying down ontop of a magazine, beside a poster of Harry, when I flipped it over my eyes widen.

“Harry… did you get told about this cat?” I asked.

“Ya, Scar said her name is Patches. Weird name for a cat really,” he said still thumbing through the book.

I then hand it to him. “Then what is on the back mate?”

He looked up and his eyes widen and smiled like he won the lottery. “It’s her number. I have Scar’s number.” He got up jumping up and down like a little kid as Louis got up and joined with him.

Zayn pulls something hidden in the compact, he flashes it to me, ''Call Me Maybe'' with a number scribbled at the bottom of it, I look at it, and grin back at him. He joins Harry and Lou dancing, I smiled at him, ‘Are you going to call her now? '' They both stop and Lou turns to Haz, ‘‘Well, go on Haz, call her,'' he nudges. ''You guys don't think it's too late? '' We just shake our head at him.

 ''Is wittle ‘arry scared, ''Zayn teases. Harry narrows his eyes at Zayn, ‘‘Well, why don't you call Deca first huh, Mr. Bradford Bad boi? '' He scowls.

Zayn not one to turn down a challenge, takes out his I-phone 5 G and dials in the number '' it starts ringing; I notice his hand clutching the phone really hard. ''Relax your hand Zayn, you don't want to break the phone,'' I tell him.

He relaxes.

A soft voice answers, ''Vas happenin,-'', we hear as he has his phone on speaker. ''

 ''Hello Deca'' he starts only to be cut off- '' you've reached Deca, I can't come to my phone right now, I'm either away at the moment or not near my phone, but please leave a message and I'll be sure to call you back, bye.'' the voicemail stops with a beep.

''Hello Deca- he starts again, ''this is Zayn...Zayn Malik...not that you don't know who I am....not to sound conceited or anything...but you were at the concert earlier.....well call me back and we can have coffee or something...- he laughs nervously.

Harry is busy trying to hold in his laughter, he is leaning on Lou, who is silently chuckling at Zayn's epic failure. ''Well, yeah....goodbye...'' he manages to stutter out before hanging up. He slumps on the couch in defeat.

Niall pats his back, ''Doh worry mate, she'll call you back.''

I looked at Harry, “Haz, you’re next,” I told him.

Harry froze and looked at the back of the picture. “I can’t…”

“Chicken…” Zayn and Niall said making the chicken sounds.

Soon we heard, “Ello?”

We saw Lou on Harry’s phone talking, “Yes is Scarlet there?” he asked as we watched. “Um… this is Louis luv…” he smiles. “Yes… it’s really me luv… I’m doing great… Oh really?” he asked and laughed, “Well, you ladies are good. Make us play… Well, this is Harry’s phone; he was being to chicken to call.”

“LOUIS!” Harry said which we laughed.

Lou smiled and nods listening, “Well… what are you doing right now or say in the morning? Really?” his eyes widen, “We’re in the Pres suit… Okay, let me ask.” He looks at us. “Care for some late night dessert or breakfast with the girls?”

''I could do with some late night dessert.'' I say looking at Lou. He turns to Haz, ''Count me in'' he says without hesitation.

Zayn shakes his head,''Yea I'll go,'' We turn to Niall, ‘‘don’t need to ask me twice,'' he looks ready to eat, but when doesn't he.

Lou hangs up the phone. He grabs his room key before he runs out the door, we have no idea where in the hell he is going, but we all jump up and follow him.

I close in the door and it locks automatically, we run into an elevator right before it closes. Harry turns to Lou, ‘Boo where are you going?'' Lou just smirks.

 ''They're in this hotel,'' ''They?'' Zayn and Harry ask in unison.

 ''Deca and Scarlet, are rooming together ...you ninny's, '' he says poking them in the chest.

Their eyes go round like tennis balls and their jaws drop before they starting grinning like mad men.

I turn to Lou, ''Play what? ''

 ''You caught that,'' I nod expectantly. ''The girls are playing a game, '' he grins up at me.

 I start mirroring him; soon we're both wearing huge grins.

The elevator dings, it’s the floor below us, we follow Lou as he stops at Room 769, Harry grins at the 69' part. I slap the back of his head playfully. He pokes his tongue out at me. Lou knocks lightly on the door. A crash can be heard, followed by some loud yelling, ''Coming, '' we hear. The door swings open to a widely grinning Scarlet.

A/N

This is AmazaynMel again, How you doin? It is really hard getting it in a close p.o.v to the boys, we have to think how mature Liam is when we wrote this chapter for his, this is mainly so you would all know the things from the boys P.O.V we may change occasionally to one of the other boys ,but it is generally going to be in my (Deca) or Anikole (Scar) P.O.V, since we are directioners it easier understood, especially since the guys have their own language, our characters are going to have theirs as well, there may have future mean girl, batman, pirates of the Caribbean, lord of the rings, 1D video diaries , The Nanny even Two Broke girl references, so look out for those....,handing you off to Anikole –              

Thank you Mel *insert hug here* I am having fun writing this story... she is right, we are going to have the other guys POV too, so don't worry... we're not going to forget your Nialler, BooBear, Hazza, and Bad Boi...

-Daddy direction- AmazaynMel pops up.             

You know the drill... comment, vote, and spread the word... We have to get back to the food fight the boys started since its dinner time... it's a mess over here... –LOUIS-… come back here with OUR CARROTS! *runs off*

BYE 1Ders.

~AmazaynMel & Anikole

~Fan us, @AmazaynMel, @anikole

~Vote

~Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 2.3K 65
All original!! I made these all myself. Please don't take my stories. REQUESTS OPEN
4.3K 292 54
Five friends set out on a senior trip with a few thousand dollars. First stop Florida, with a car,money and dreams where will they go...
203K 3.9K 26
The once boy band group, One Direction has now become the most notorious gang known on the streets. They aren't the sweet boys you once knew, no, the...
866 40 21
A group of One Directioners are on the way to a concert. The girls get in a situation and the unthinkable happens.