[LISAxIU] I'm In Charge

By skyaeacus

"What the fuck Manoban! Look!", Seulgi shouted eyes bulging out in shock while looking at her wristwatch. "We... More

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Unfriendly
Chapter 3: Sunbaenim
Chapter 4: Assignment
Chapter 5: The Hotel
Chapter 6: Poison
Chapter 7: Dear Name
Chapter 8: Eomoni
Chapter 9: Photograph
Chapter 10: Thief
Chapter 11: Khight
Chapter 12: Arcade
Chapter 13: Professional
Chapter 14: Phone
Chapter 15: Back up
Chapter 17: Different
Chapter 18: Gyeongsang
Chapter 19: Crazy
Chapter 20: Persistent
Chapter 21: Unable
Chapter 22: Closer
Chapter 23: Diary
Chapter 24: Toys
Chapter 25: Champagne
Chapter 26: Alone
Chapter 27: Insane [M]
Chapter 28: Closet
Chapter 29: Visitor
Chapter 30: Witness
Chapter 31: Zombie
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Cabinet
Chapter 34: Insatiable [M]
Chapter 35: Hear
Chapter 36: Classified
Chapter 37: Inseparable[M]
Chapter 38: Rooftop
Chapter 39: Chase
Chapter 40: Tired
Chapter 41: Moon
Chapter 42: Cupcakes
Chapter 43: Night [M]
Chapter 44: Advice
Chapter 45: Invitation
Chapter 46: Gangster
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: Disgust
Chapter 49: Mistake

Chapter 16: Starting

3.4K 231 105
By skyaeacus

Jieun Pov

She just steps out of her car, and it's already suffocating me. It's even harder to breathe now that I finally saw her.

I inhaled deep, as I tried to keep my calm. How could she do this to me? I almost hate myself for putting her in that situation alone. And she's here walking to my direction still smiling at me.

"Did I saw you smile when you see me?", She asks me with a smug. But I just keep staring at her, she looks badly hurt.

I don't want to admit if I smile, and I don't want to deny it as well. I'm confused.

"It's ok If you don't want to admit. It's enough that I saw it. Now, why are you looking at me like that?", she asked as her face turned into worries.

She sighed heavily.

Then she walks closer to me. But I didn't move away, and I honestly would let her do what she wants because I already feel exhausted. I don't have any more strength to argue with her.

"I thought I was gonna die. And I didn't expect this-",

she muttered and paused, lifting her hand. Reaching for my cheek, I didn't flinch this time and shamefully stare at her while she cupped my face and gently caressed it with her thumb.

While starting through my eyes, I don't know how long we shared that peaceful silence. Before she continues.

"But you're the last first person that comes in my head during that time."

And the next thing she did caught me off guard.

My heart almost burst out, from beating frantically.

When she moves one more step and remove our gap. I know what's gonna happen but I'd let her. She wrapped me with her long arms. It wasn't forceful, it wasn't aggressive.

It was comforting and securing.

I bit my lip hard to stop myself from returning her hug. My hands balled as I prevent them to move and wrap on her waist.

I had to catch my breath and relax. But it wasn't any used. My heart is as frantic as when I see her.

Then I felt her arms tighten, heard her heavy breathing, her long exhale all of it that give me that warm feeling.

"I've tried looking for you," I muttered on her shoulder.

"I know", she mumbled.

"But I couldn't find you."

"I'm sorry"

"You're stupid to forget your phone."

"I really am"

"It's my fault, I shouldn't let you go there alone"

"No, it's not your fault"

We've exchange conversation, without her letting go of me.

She slowly pulled away, but I couldn't lift my head and meet her eyes right now.

"Are we friends now?", she asks.

And that snapped me out of my trance and remembered how things are taking in place.

My eyes widened. Finally looking at her.

"No", I said before stepping back away from her.

This is embarrassing. What I felt just now, that could be just because I feel guilty.

"What's that? Did you just snap out? Did someone possessed you a while ago? And now you're finally back to normal?", she asked looking disappointed.

I hissed, glaring at her.

"Yes, exactly, glad you know.", I answered with haste.

"You're lying sunbaenim. I bet you're all worried about me. It's already past our shift but you're still here. Oh and I just saw you running, while crying a while ago. Are you gonna look for me ha?", She kept throwing me all these ridiculous questions, and what crying? I'm not crying.

"Yah!? I'm not crying! Stop deluding yourself that I'm worried about you." I said throwing my hand on the air wanting to smack her.

"Yes, you are. I can hear how fast your heart is beating when I hugged you. And yes I hugged you, and you let me are you also gonna lie about that too?", she said mocking me while hugging herself reminding me of what she did and what exactly am I thinking for letting her do that!?

"Aish! Shut up!", I growled at her grabbing her by the collar wanting to end her life a the moment.

She chuckled and grin at me teasingly. And I tried not to smile when I saw her grinning like this to me again.

"Officer Manoban?"

"Yah! Lisa!?"

We both turn our heads to where those voices came from. I quickly let go of her collar, when I saw Jin-goo and Seulgi as well as some of the officers approaching us.

And her friend immediately lunges at her, hugging her tight.

"Yah? I'm glad you're safe! What the actual fuck Manoban? What happened to you? Are you still alive?", Seulgi exclaimed when she saw her friend's condition.

"Wae?", She asked after her friend let go of her.

"Your head? It's still kinda bleeding?", Seulgi said with furrowing brows. And I also noticed that.

"Oh, I remember.", she looked surprised and quickly cupped the back of her head.

My eyes narrowed. It looks really serious, doesn't it feel painful? I worried.

Then she looked at her palm full of blood, and her mouth fell open.

And my eyes widened in panic when she suddenly fell down and lost her consciousness, in front of our eyes.

-------

3 days later, at Seoul International University Hospital

Lisa had a minor cut on her head, that had to undergo stitching. And she was advised to stay at the hospital for a whole week. Today is her third day on her bed.

"Come on, I can do this myself, Nini.", The tall girl said refusing to open her mouth with crossed arms and sitting at her bedside like a gangster.

Her best friend sighed. And put down the chunk of Apple she cut for the latter back on the plate.

"Just say you don't like to eat this. I bet you want to eat fried chicken instead.", Jennie said eyeing her friend half-lidded.

And immediately Lisa's stomach growled after hearing the food she's been craving since her consciousness came back.

She hastily turn head and look at the small girl with excitement and smiling from ear to ear.

"Can I? Please? I want to eat chicken." The tall girl asks with pleading eyes. But her friend closed hers and refusing to look at the latter.

"Nini, please? I've been eating this tasteless food for 2days straight and I want to puke whenever a nurse brought these trays with the same content.", Lisa insisted, grabbing Jennie on both arms trying to convince her.

But the girl, still not opening her eyes, and kept shaking her head in refusal.

"I thought you're my best friend but why are you torturing me like this, come on give me real food.", Lisa whined wiggling the small girl's body. Earning her a giggle sound from the latter.

"Oh you're really making this hard for me huh, open your eyes now or I will kiss you.", Lisa threatened after losing her patience since the girl kept on ignoring her.

Jennie snorted.

"No, you won't do that, I know you," Jennie replied and continue to chuckles. Knowing Lisa would never have the guts to do that, every time she makes that threat.

Lisa's nose flared. "Who told you I won't do that? I'll show you I can.", the tall girl said and pulled her best friend towards her. But stopping, before her lips touch her best friend's lips.

Jennie yelp in surprise, her eyes finally shot wide. And seeing her friend's lips was just an inch away from hers, and even feel Lisa's hot breath brushing on her skin. Made her stiffed, she was frantic and caught off guard but what made it worse is that she thought of actually pulling the girl's head and feel those plump lips on her.

She gasped and covered her mouth with shock, shocked by her own thoughts. She panicky squeezed her eyes closed trying to get those thoughts off her head. She has a boyfriend, and she loves him, Jennie keep repeating to her head.

Lisa quickly pull away and grinning like a fool at her.

"See? I can, but you're the one who can't. Aigoo, are you afraid of kissing a girl? Don't worry I'm just joking. I'm not gonna mess with you, I don't want your boyfriend to kill me.", Lisa said laughing and shuffles her best friend's hair.

Jennie opened her eyes just to see the tall girl laughing at her. Her brows furrowed. "You're crazy.", Jennie mumbled, glaring at the girl.

"Wae? That was just a joke. I won't make a joke like that again if you buy me a box of chicken.", Lisa said and shrug at the small girl.

'It's a joke. You don't know how it made me feel. And you're gonna say it just a joke.' Jennie mumbled in her thoughts. And still glaring at her best friend.

"Hey? Why are you being grumpy? You're just like her now.", Lisa says as she pouted her lips. Talking about a certain girl.

"Her?", Jennie asks as she crosses her arms, and raising an eyebrow at the latter.

"See, that's what she always looks like when I'm talking to her. You're reminding me of her.", Lisa added and continued to pout, sighing heavily as she thought of her Jieun who hasn't visited her even once.

And Jennie noticed how Lisa's face saddened when she talk about this certain girl. Which she already has a clue. Who that person is.

"Are you talking about Ms. Lee?", Jennie asks for assurance, hoping it wasn't that girl that her best friend is being fond of. Hoping that her Lisa is talking about different girl every day and not being serious on just one.

"Yes. Sunbaenim. It's Sunday today, do you think she'll visit me? But I don't think so, because she doesn't even see me as a friend. But I'm hoping she will, I wouldn't care if that would be her first and last visit. I'll be happy to see her just once." Lisa muttered while staring at the floor.

Obviously thinking of that person she's talking about.

And not seeing how Jennie's jaw clenched. As the girl secretly gritting her teeth, trying to ignore the tightening of her chest.

"I'm starting to think you like her.", Jennie muttered frankly.

And Lisa's head cocked up, looking at Jennie with wide eyes.

"What?", Lisa smirked. And slightly shaking her head.

But Jennie's brow raised looking at the latter with suspicion.

"Why would you say that?", Lisa scoffed. But bit her lip seeing that her best friend doesn't buy her response.

"I'm not asking you if you love her, I'm just asking you if you like her? Lisa, we're not kids anymore. And this is the first time you talk about the same person for more than a week.", Jennie said as she shrugged. Making the taller girl speechless.

"W-well.I uhm- I mean she's pretty. Pretty grumpy all the time. She doesn't like me at all. She doesn't care how much money I have in my pocket. She doesn't care how good looking I am.-"

Jennie laughed.

"You're a narcissist. I wouldn't ask why she doesn't like you at all. You're too full of yourself.", Jennie snickered.

"Hey, do you still want to know if I like her?", Lisa asked after being interrupted.

"Ok, just go straight to the point. What actually are you trying to say?", Jennie replied, nodding and asking her to continue.

"Bout that, hmm..I think I-"

"Lisaya!"

A blonde girl suddenly pushed the door open, making the two girls jump in shock. Holding their chest and sighing as they saw who barge in.

"Cheongah?", Lisa mumbled looking at the front door. Seeing one of her closest friends and her sister's long-time girlfriend.

Chaeyoung hastily lunges towards her friend. Hugging the latter tight. Lisa returns with the same tight hug.

"I just arrived today, I'm sorry I wasn't early. I know you've been here since last week. I've got the news from your sister, it's sad that I wasn't able to come back the soonest. I was in Jeju and you know why." Chaeyoung explained. Since Lisa is also her boss, and she's working as Jisoo's secretary who manages their company's outside business.

"Hi, Jennie. How are you?! And your boyfriend of course?", Chaeyoung exclaimed greeting the other girl with a tight hug.

"We're good. Actually speaking of Jeju. Kai asked me to meet his family next weekend.", Jennie said smiling as she shared at the blonde girl about her plan with Kai.

While Lisa pursed her lips while listening to the two.

"Well, uhm~ I think I can smell something with that family meeting.", Chaeyoung remarked teasingly. Bumping Jennie's waist with hers. Which earned her a soft giggle from the latter.

Lisa's brow furrowed and getting what Chaeyoung mean by that. And thinking that was way too quick to think.

"That's not it, that's way too early we're only 8 months in a relationship. So whatever is that you're thinking it's not.", Jennie replied, shaking her head consistently.

But Chaeyoung's eyes turned to slit, eyeing Jennie teasingly.

"You know nothing is impossible nowadays. Sometimes what you least expected is what you'll get.", The blonde girl added with her teasing.

"Shut up Chae, stop teasing me.", Jennie replied glaring at the tall blonde girl.

And Lisa finally loses her patience.

"Ehem. By the way where's your girlfriend where's that turtle rabbit?" Lisa fake a cough interrupting the two.

Chaeyoung grinned as she looks at Lisa, with the same teasing smile.

"Jisoo is just outside. Talking to a pretty girl.", Chaeyoung stated as she crossed her arms. And both Lisa and Jennie responded to her with a 'what'.

"Then what are you doing here? Why don't you get your girl?" Jennie asked with worries?

"Nah, there's no need. That girl went here for someone else, and it's not for my girl.", Chaeyoung replied with a tight-lipped smile. Lisa's brows knitted, and her throat suddenly went dry for having that hope that Chaeyoung is referring to this particular girl.

"Is she small? Had this milky white skin-" Lisa asks. And Chaeyoung hummed cupping her chin.

"Short black hair? warm looking eyes, cute pointed nose, perfectly shaped red lips, -" Lisa paused. While she went down from her bed.

"And a mole on the left side of her cheeks? Does she look like an angel?" Lisa asked that had both Jennie and Chaeyoung speechless.

"Lisa, ok you got it all right but where are you going?" Chaeyoung asks after noticing the girl subtly walking backward heading to the front door.

But the latter grinned in response, as she stops in front of her room door.

-------

Lisa Pov

I couldn't contain my lips from forming a smile when Chaeyoung mention Jisoo is talking with a girl outside, it can be Seulgi or Irene Sunbaenim but they visited me yesterday and I want to think it's her. Glad Chae confirmed it.

I took a deep breath, trying to myself before I open the door with haste.

I quickly stepped out.

And there I saw her talking to eonni.

And when she noticed me, my heart almost stop from beating.

I think I did describe her pretty well.

I smiled as I let my eyes savor the sight of her.

"Yah, Lalisa?" I heard Chaeyoung's voice but I ignored her. And walk towards where sunbaenim is.

"Who said you can get out of your room?" Eonni asked but, I just walk passed her.

Chaeyoung was right, things happened when you least expect it.

"Sunbae.", I mumbled before I lunge at her. Wrapping my arms around her tight, I heard her yelp in surprise but I was too caught up with my excitement.

"Sunbae~", I muttered while pulling her towards me even tighter.

"Yah? put me down you punk.", she ordered like the usual and I couldn't help but smile.

"What took you so long? I missed you sunbae~", I said without minding what she'll think of it.

"What are you saying? Uh, I can't breathe." She whined I didn't want to let go but I'm afraid that she couldn't really breath so I put her down and let go of her.

She took a deep sigh, tucking her hair at the back of her ear. And fixes her dress right after I put her down.

I couldn't take off my eyes from her. She's really here.

"What are you looking at?", she asks and raised an eyebrow at me. And I grinned at her in response, my jaw will get stiff from smiling too much. But I'm really just happy to see her.

"I'm glad you're here. I thought you would never come to see me."

She looks away.

"It's my fault you're here, it's only right that I visit you even if I don't want to, my conscience just wouldn't let me at peace. That's all.", She replied not looking at me. I knew she would say something like that. But like I said I don't care if this will be her first and last visit, I just need to see once and I will be happy about it, despite her being cold at me I knew she's not a cold-hearted person.

Then my sister butted in."Why don't you invite your visitor in your room?", Jisoo eonni suggested and I nod.

"Let's go inside sunbaenim.", I said and snatched her hand. She tried to tug it back but I didn't let her stubborn ass get her way this time.

I drag her inside my room holding her small hand.

Which earned me a surprised look from both Chaeyoung and Jennie.

Sunbaenim tries to get my hands off again, but I held her firmly.

"Oh, hi there miss angel.", Chaeyoung teases me as she greets the latter. I saw sunbaenim narrowed her eyes looking confused but still nods to greet my friend.

"Hi, Ms. Lee. It's nice to see you visit my friend.", Jennie said to her, but her eyes lowered down looking at our hands clasped together. I think sunbaenim saw it that's why she put so much effort to pull her hands back. And manages to escape my grip. I pout at her when she did that, but she glares at me back instead. Before nodding at Jennie greeting my best friend as well.

"Uhm, Chae can you help me grab something outside for a sec?", Jennie blurted out of nowhere as she anchors her arm around Chae's arm.

"Huh? But I just-", Chaeyoung wasn't able to continue when she was drag towards the door and bumping to my sister, eonni got startled when she opens the door because Jennie grab her arm as well.

"We'll leave you two for a moment we will just buy something to eat outside Lili," Jennie said as they spun towards me and Sunbae.

"We'll be just outside Ms. Lee, we'll leave you both for a while," Jennie said to her they both nod and smile to each other before leaving us alone here in my room.

I gulped.

I was looking at her back, but I could see how she took a deep breath.

I smile, "Are you not comfortable to be alone with me now?" I asked and waited for her to face me.

She did, but she wasn't glaring at me which is new. Her being grumpy at me is like her default expression when she's talking to me.

"It's because you're doing things that you shouldn't be." She said.

"Like what? What things?", I asked curiously. She rolled her eyes and pursing her lips.

"You know what I'm talking about. You start being intimate out of nowhere. And you don't consider if I want that or not." She replied crossing her arms.

She's talking about me being clingy. My lips puckered, and eyes narrowed trying to answer in the best way possible.

"Then tell me."

I mumbled as I advance towards her.

"Tell you? What?" She answered looking behind her and stepping back away from me.

"Tell me the things I can do instead of the things I cannot do to you.", I said and moving further. And further, until she has no more space to move back.

"What are you doing?" She asked me with furrowing brows after hitting her back on the wall.

"I'm just asking you.", I replied innocently.

"Is this how you ask questions, officer?", She asked looking exasperated. She tried to sidle away. But I quickly block her with my arm on both sides.

Smiling mischievously on her. And she finally started glaring at me.

"Stop playing around.", She muttered viciously.

"I am not playing around. And you know what? If you didn't come here today, I might probably go and see you outside instead." I confessed, she sighed and averted her eyes off me.

"I think I'm starting to get used to seeing you every day. That I feel utterly bored when you're not around." I added and cupped her jaw and making her look at me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.4K 27
I left for Paris Fashion Week. Me and Mino, my ex boyfriend secretly meet on the event, without telling Lisa. I'm confused. After two years of bein...
4.2K 123 18
Jenlisa g!p 18+ 'That's enough out of you." Lisa drew her hands along the tops of her thighs. Her flawless skin was soft and contradicting under her...
25.5K 696 20
I got the Title off of Jackson Wang's music, LMLY. You should definitely listen to it if you haven't. His other music as well! ~ "Don't leave me lovi...
143K 6.9K 29
it's a starry night while I am walking on my way home, and saw a girl who's just starring at me. it creeps me out so I run pass through her. When I...