Monster: A Werewolf Romance

By krystlelight

#4 in romance #1 in jealous, passionate, hot #3 in rejection, hot #5 in badboy, funny #9 in wattpad, steamy #... More

DISCLAIMER!
It's Published!
Cast
1. THE BEGINNING
2. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
3. WE TALK, LEE TALK
4. SNAP!
5. BELATED BIRTHDAY
6. FOUND
7. HUGS AND TEARS
8. HEY FRIEND, I AM ANGRY
9. JERKS AND BITCHES
10. WHO DAT?
11. A MONSTER IN THE MIDST
12. DATE IN THE LOO
13. A FRIEND IN NEED
14. A FRIEND INDEED?
15. COFFEE AND CALLS
16. CAN'T CHILL
17. UNWANTED GUESTS
A/N
18. RIGHT WHERE I WANT YOU
19. HATE
20. WE NEED TO TALK
21. WHY?
22. A GIFT OF CHOICE
23. DROWNING MAN
24. KISS YOUR TEARS
25. KYLE, BE WISE
26. BUT HE DOESN'T
27. ALPHA AND BETA
28. START
29. ISSUES
30. DRINKS AND DANCES
31. NOT HER
32. WHY ME?
33. MORNIN'
34. HERE WE GO AGAIN
35. WHAT AM I EVEN DOING?
36. THESE FEELINGS?
37. NEW FRIENDS
38. TWO CAN PLAY THIS GAME
39. OH, RUN
40. WHAT THE-
41. MOOD
New Story!
42. HOTTIE
43. NOOBIE
#DonateforAustralia
44. WINNIE AND SPIDEY
45. CHEESE, KETCHUP AND A LIL MORE
46. THE STARS
48. A PUNCH, A KICK
49. ABOVE ZERO
50. 8K
51. ANOTHER WORLD
52. PLEASE DON'T MESS WITH ME
53. PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVERS
54. RUN AWAY
55. I LOVE-
56. IT TAKES LITTLE TO BECOME EVIL
57. IT WAS BETTER LEFT UNSAID
58. RUNNING IN CIRCLES
59. GO?
60. A SILVER DRESS
61. GRAVITY
62. PUNCH
63. DEIRDRE
64. A LITTLE TOO LATE
65. LOVE
66. FROM MIDNIGHT TO DAY
67. PLEASE STOP, MASON
68. THIS IS HARD, MAN
69. PARTAYY
70. BURIED LOW
71. WITHOUT ME
72. BITTER
73. TELL ME, PLEASE
74. DOWN WE GO
75. BLACK AND BLUES
76. CRIMES OF THE GOOD MEN
77. LOVE LIKE A FATHER
78. HATE OF A FATHER
79. BLUEBERRY?
80. NECESSARY EVIL
81. ALPHA
82. MOVEMENTS
83. SHIFTING
84. TOO MANY DAYS
85. KYLE AND KAEA
86. SAPPHIRES AND DIAMONDS
EPILOGUE
Author's note

47. LIPS BURN COLD

17K 507 16
By krystlelight

KAEA

"Well I hope you learned something from your...ah...outing." My father said, and I didn't miss his point.

"Yeah... rides are fun. If we could have something like that, it would be awesome."

"Rides?" He said blankly. "Kaea, wasn't this going to be small scale?"

Oh right.

"Or umm... stalls. Just like a small fair, what about that?"

"I am not sure how many people would donate if they have to buy tickets. And where will you find volunteers for this kind of stuff? They wouldn't be paid, because the proceeds have to go to the children."

"The children could work too." In fact, I just had the most terrible and awesome idea ever. It would be miserable for me, but it should work.

"Hmm... well, just keep it low budget. We can't spare a lot of money on extravagance."

I nodded and with a toast in my mouth, bolted out of the house.

Kyle was sitting near the ground, watching the kids play, just as Martha ran and toppled at least two people over. "Damn, that kid is a hurricane."

He looked back at me, and then without saying anything, got up. "Let's go."

"Where?"

The he realised there wasn't anywhere for us to be at. He shrugged and sat back down again.

"Hey I was thinking about the donation event... what if me make it a school affair?"

"That is the worst idea I have ever heard." He raised an eyebrow. "These kids would be... made fun of."

Bullied.

"Why? Because they need to have better living conditions? Because they deserve better lives?"

"Yeah, their lives would be hella good once all the kids start teasing them."

Huh, maybe this was why I was on edge. This bickering was missing yesterday- I almost didn't feel like myself.

"Just say bullied, Kyle. Or are you allergic to that word?"

His jaw tightened, and he narrowed his eyes at me. "Fine. But I don't want that for them."

"No, you only wanted that for me." I narrowed my eyes as well. "I know that some kids would do that, but truthfully, Kyle, not all kids are like you were."

"Were?"

This was so beside the goddamn point! "Are. There, that made you feel better?"

He stood up and stepped close to me. I could feel his breath. "Why do you keep doing that?" His voice was tight.

"Why do you? Do you enjoy arguing with me?" I was hella mad, but when he touched my lips with his thumb, I forgot what we were fighting over.

"Maybe." He whispered.

My lips were burning. I wanted to kiss him so badly.

"Kaea!" Rebecca yelled, running towards me.

I hugged her. "Hey, honey. How is the head?" I tapped her forehead lightly.

"So much better. Kyle brought me chocolates." She held a chocolate bar, and I raised my eyebrows. "That looks tasty. Well, why don't you go ahead and eat it?"

"But I have to save it!"

And that's when I realised that these kids don't have the privilege of buying and eating chocolates whenever they want. They probably save every penny that came their way.

"Yeah." I smiled, or tried to.

When Rebecca ran back to her friends, I caught Kyle's eye. "Look, I know there are idiots who would make fun of them. But you do it in the school or not, they'll know of this any way. At least this way, they'll be lending a hand."

He furrowed his brows. "I-" His jaw clenched and unclenched a few more times. He looked at me, maybe gauging my sincerity or something like that. "Fine."

Why was he laughing one day and frowning the next?

Goddess only knew.

We just sat down on some benches and started planning what we would need to do. There would be some low budget rides, a few contests, some stalls, and of course one donation booth. The tickets would be a tad overpriced, just so it covered any losses, and also there was enough money for the kids. I was suddenly with a thought. "Shouldn't we ask the... principal?"

"The Alpha and the Lun- the Beta.... They look out for the school too. They won't deny a request we put in."

His phone pinged and his face grew somber. "I need to go."

"Mind telling me what happened?"

"Nothing."

Well, shoot me for being friendly. I didn't understand this guy. Hell, I barely understood my reactions to the guy. Did his touch light me up? Yes.

Did he also feel like a friend? Like we could just chill and vibe out to music? Yes.

Did I want to kiss him raw until his lips bled? Yes.

Did I want to break his neck sometimes? Also yes.

Is this what mates were supposed to be? I wondered if I would ever know.

I just went to school. Lee would be there, and the horrendous people, for once, would be a welcome distraction.

***

Where are you? I texted Lee.

English, why?

I am in school right now.

I reached here just as the break was about to start. Thank God.

Friggin' finally! The class is over in 10. Meet me in the cafeteria.

I went there, not surprised to find the cafeteria empty. But as I waited for Lee, students started rolling in, and I was very very surprised to see a lot of glances being thrown my way.

I had forgotten what school was like but I sure as hell remembered school not being this.

I caught a few whispers too. 'Loser', 'Kyle', 'Abigail', 'Luna' were a few words that were thrown around. I frowned. What rumour was going around in school?

As soon as Lee reached me, she gave me big hug. "It is so nice to see you here."

I hugged her back and waved at Jacob, who watched Lee with an amused expression. "Now, now. Don't make me jealous."

I laughed and Lee glared at him. "Well, I am not talking to you."

My eyebrows shot up. "Why?" I looked at them both.

"Your friend here is mad because I accepted a pen from Samantha."

I remembered Samantha. She was a pretty brunette with the hots for... Kyle. Suddenly, I was feeling not very well at her mention.

"And?"

"Well, I told him to wait two seconds, I might have one. But then Samantha pushed her big ass nose into our business, and offered him one. And he took it!"

"Only after it had been five minutes and you still couldn't find a pen." Jacob defended himself, and I stopped the urge to laugh.

"And then when I wouldn't talk to him, he had the audacity to ask me if I was PMSing!"

"That is so cliché, Jacob." I finally let the laughter out.

He sighed. "Well aren't you?"

"Yes, I am! But that is beside the point-" And then Jacob shut her with a kiss. And they kissed and kissed, and now Lee had her arms around his neck and I looked around to see people still staring at me.

I coughed.

They both broke apart, both dazed. Jacob grinning, and Lee blushing. "Sorry." She murmured, and I was astonished to see Lee, the girl with fire in her soul, melt away and become shy like that.

We ate our food, when some guy went past me, and coughed 'slut' into his hand.

But before I could even make sense of what happened, he went away. Lee looked at me, concerned.

"What the hell was that?" I demanded.

"He is a jerk, Kaea."

That would have been an acceptable answer except people were staring at me and whispering all sorts of shit.

"What is going on, Lee?"

"Well... people haven't missed the fact that you and Kyle are both skipping on school together."

"Yes, but that is to-"

"Yes, I know. But some people are spreading bullshit about how you are having sex with Kyle to... you know... stop his torment or whatever."

What. The. Fuck.

"Does he know?" I ask.

"I don't see how. He doesn't come here. Abigail was here just today, and she surprisingly didn't start this. Mason doesn't pay attention to this, and he is too busy with his football. It's just... idiots being idiots, Kaea. Nothing more."

Still, it hurts.

Suddenly a guy appeared in front of the gates and yelled, "Abigail's beating the shit out of some dude near front gate."

And just like that, the hall erupted as people ran to the windows and outside to see.

Exchanging concerned looks, we got up and ran too.

__________________________________________

In the media box, you'll find, "Cool Kids by Echosmith".

Who do you think Abigail is beating up?

K R Y S T L E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8M 452K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...
73.2K 2.8K 33
Dear Olive, I hate you. I hate that you were born and that your human and have a face. I hate that you live next door to me and I hate that I can't...
1.2M 43.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
14.4K 161 26
ON HOLD, Hailey is a pretty average girl if she says so herself and she is and outcast she has a loving family but no one in the pack likes her unti...