The Final Hope - Transformers...

By babsgordon152

The third installment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew her place. She was a leader, a fr... More

Chapter One
Author's Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Conclusion
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Three

1.2K 58 41
By babsgordon152

Well, there's 100+ reads on Ch. 21, so here you lovelies are! I've written a few chapters over the past two days, so as the chapters prior reach 100+ reads, I'll post the next (cause I don't want to spam you guys with new chapters). Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Side note: Who's super excited that this is (wait for it, wait for it) the last episode?!?! I never imagined getting this far, but you are all amazing and here we are! (sorry, I'll stop talking now. Enjoyyyyy <3)

Episode 13 - Deadlock

[Amanda]

   "The Omega Lock's control station is located on the lower deck," Ratchet said through the comm channel.

   "The team is currently facing a group of Cons on the flight deck," I reported. "Arcee-"

   "We're on our way," She said before I could finish, and I watched as the group's icons moved across the flight deck of the Nemesis. Miko, Finn, Jack, and Agent Fowler all huddled around my laptop and Raf's as we monitored the situation remotely. While my focus was on communications between the different teams at play, Raf was focused on making sure no one hit any surprises.

   The Autobots were in full battle mode now, confronting Cons at every direction. While the Nemesis rose higher and higher, Optimus engaged the air defenses as the rest of the Autobots made their way to the Omega Lock controls, fighting through the Cons on the ship.

   "I'm making my way there now," Ratchet added.

  "Copy Ratchet," Optimus said. "We will rendezvous at the objective. Arcee, lead stealth team to secure the Omega Lock. Ultra Magnus, you and the Wreckers storm the bridge. Prevent the Decepticons from targeting the device if the stealth team is delayed."

   "Optimus, if we fail to secure the lock before it's ready to deploy," Arcee spoke up. "Do we destroy it?"

   That's the million dollar question.

   "I do not intend to squander a second chance to restore Cybertron," Was all the Prime replied with.

   "Chances are it won't work anyways," I muttered.

   "What?" Miko asked.

   I turned to her. "The chances of it working without any of Primus' powers is slim. That's why Soundwave tried to make a grab for me. While science can take them a long way, there's still a bit farther they have to go and that can only be done by this." I raised a hand, letting the silver dust dance over it. "As long as the Autobot get there, we might be okay."

   "But that's riding on chance," Finn frowned.

   "Yeah," I turned around again. "A big fat chance."

   On the screens, the team had split up into two teams; Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead and Wheeljack, and Arcee, Bumblebee and Smokescreen. They each headed their separate ways towards their separate objectives. I only hoped they'd be able to complete their missions.

   "Uh oh," Raf said, making me search the screens. "Optimus' jetpack is hit."

   "And Smokescreen broke off from the group," Finn added, sounding a bit worried about the rookie he'd grown close to.

   I flicked on the comm, eyes fixed on the screens. "Stealth team, Ratchet has engaged a Con, most likely Shockwave."

   "We're heading there now, A," Arcee confirmed.

   "But there's-" I didn't get to finish, as the pair of icons skidded to a stop, causing me to sigh. "An entire squadron of Cons."

   "Scrap," Arcee cursed and the pair engaged the squadron.

   "Ultra Magnus and the Wreckers are on the bridge," Raf reported, sounding hopeful. "Aaaand a ground bridge opened and dropped them on the opposite end of the ship."

   I shook my head. "Soundwave."

   "Ultra Magnus to all units," The commander's voice came over the comms. "We will be delayed. Soundwave pulled one of his relocation tricks."

   Scrap.

   "Ugh!" Miko threw her hands up. "I hate just watching and trying to keep up from here."

   "What do you want us to do?" Jack asked.

   "I don't know! Amanda can kick aft with her powers, we can provide backup and-"

   Raf shook his head. "The Cons want Amanda on that ship, it'll make the Omega Lock work for sure."

   "And how are we going to be backup?" Finn asked. "We've barely taken on Cons on our own."

   Miko threw me a look, and I chewed my lip. "They're kinda right, M. Even if we had the right equipment, which we don't-" Then an idea dawned on me.

   "Well?" She bounced forward. "You have an idea, don't you?"

   I shook my head. "It's crazy, but crazy enough that it might work."

   "Well?" Miko repeated, even more pumped, which made me throw her a smirk.

   "Raf, get us onto that bridge." I stood. "Finn, take over the comms. Jack, Miko, you're with me."

   "Uh, uh, uh," Agent Fowler stepped forward. "What are you thinking, Amanda?"

   "Trust me, Fowler," I said. "I wouldn't propose anything if I knew it wouldn't work. While there's a risk," I shot a look at Miko and Jack. "If you're both willing to follow me, it's a risk worth taking."

   Miko grinned. "Let's do it!"

   Jack nodded. "We'll follow your lead."

   "Well then, let's roll out."

~~~

   Jack and I emerged from the ground bridge onto the bridge of the Nemesis to find four Cons ready and aiming their guns way above us. They stepped back, a little unsure, which made me smirk.

   "Surprise," Jack said and Miko leaped through the ground bridge, Apex Armour on, and tackled two Cons. I blasted another one straight through the chest, and block the shot of the last one as Miko smashed her fist into its face.

   "Ha!" She cried triumphantly while using some next level WWE moves on the Cons. "Pick on someone your own size!"

   As she beat the Cons down, I made sure they stayed down with a few quick blasts of silver dust, until the only Con left on the bridge was Soundwave himself. Miko charged straight at him, but he didn't move until she was a few paces in front of him before he opened a ground bridge between them. I nodded at Jack, who picked up his phone, which we had linked with the comm channel back at the base.

   "Raf, showtime!" Jack said.

   "Are you sure about this, Jack?" Raf said. "Last time we crossed the streams-"

   "Raf, trust us," I cut in, watching as Soundwave moved the ground bridge closer and closer to Miko. "Do it now!"

   Another ground bridge opened up behind Soundwave, pulling him between them as their energy streams crossed. Miko jumped in front of me and Jack as the power between the bridges started building up, and I made a bubble with the silver dust to protect all three of us. The lights from the ground bridge energy was blinding before both bridges shut, out of energy completely. And Soundwave was no longer there.

   "Yes!" I grinned, the first to snap out of the shock.

   "Enjoy the shadow zone, dude," Miko said smugly.

   I dashed forward towards the bridge controls. "Come on, we need to figure out how to fly this thing."

   Miko lifted me and Jack up onto the Nemesis control panel, and my eyes searched over it, trying to find any hints on how to fly it. The writing was all in Cybertronian, but I read it with ease.

   "Jack, work with me here," I said. "Miko, stand guard."

   Jack hurried over and I pointed him towards his controls before saying, "Now, let's try to be as in sync as possible, okay? Our guys are on the ship too."

   He nodded. "Tell me what to do."

   "Let's turn to the left," I stepped on my half of the control panel while Jack stepped on his. The Nemesis jerked suddenly, tilting left then right and left again. I stumbled to keep my footing while Miko shifted around.

   "Whoa! Whoa!" She exclaimed.

   "My left, Jack!" I said.

   "Oops," He fixed his position and we turned to the actual left.

   Miko came to a stop behind us. "Where'd you guys learn to drive?"

   "Focus people," I muttered under my breath. It was hard for me to concentrate with all of the Cybertronian metal and conflicts going on. I started getting snippets of flashes involving the Autobots, my connections to the Bots pulling me in different directions.

   "Scrap," I looked over the control panel again. "See anything that'll bring up security feeds?"

   Maybe if I actually see what's going on, it'll clear up my head a bit.

   Jack shook his head before reaching out to press a random red button, which caused around twenty different camera feeds to appear on the screen in front of us.

   "Perfect," I said, but immediately went somber. We had tuned in right in time to see Smokescreen take a big shot from Shockwave, causing the rookie to slam into the wall. Arcee appeared next to him for a second before making a dash for something...

   "The Star Saber!" Miko exclaimed.

   "They just have to get that to Optimus," Jack said. "Then the big guy will really show Megatron."

   True enough, Optimus and Megatron were battling it out right next to the Omega Lock, which was powering up, and I couldn't tell who was winning. Whenever one got the upper hand, the other would turn the tables. But with the Star Saber... the sword of the Primes would be able to turn the tables right in our favor.

   "There has to be something we can do," I said, wincing as Arcee and Bumblebee both raced to the Star Saber, Starscream and a group of Cons racing right along with them. Arcee picked off the Cons, facing Starscream head on as Bumblebee continued, arriving at the fallen sword just as Shockwave did.

   "Come on, Bee," Miko muttered, obviously feeling as nervous as I did.

   The scout reached the sword a moment before Shockwave, giving him time to launch it up into the air. As Shockwave's gaze followed the sword, Bumblebee took him down before leaping up to catch the Star Saber. But, the second the scout had the sword in his hands, one of Cleona's bad feelings took over me.

   "Miko," I reached out and she picked me up. "I need to get a clear shot at the Omega Lock."

   "What are you going to do?" She asked as she hurried to the front of the bridge, where I could clearly see the Omega Lock and the open space around us.

   "I don't know," I admitted, peering down to see Bumblebee climbing down the Omega Lock with the Star Saber in hand to get to the Prime.

   "Optimus," Ratchet's voice came over the comms, and I spotted the medic clinging onto a computer on the other side of the massive gap. "You must use the Star Saber to destroy the Omega Lock. It is the only way to save Earth!"

   The Prime sent a firm hit to Megatron's face, forcing the lead Con back, as his eyes scanned the lock, finally landing on Bumblebee, who was directly across the Omega Lock now. Unfortunately, that look cost him. Megatron tackled Optimus, shoving him to the side just as Bumblebee leaped across the Omega Lock's swirling green center. I felt my heart stop as the scout made his jump, Megatron took aim with his own gun, and my hand thrust out, sending a solid blast of silver dust to shield the scout just as three shots fired from Megatron before Optimus could tackle him-

   But I was too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.4K 98
The story about a young woman that her cousin works for the army and she gets a surprise visit while she's in school and she has to leave school Bc h...
397K 10.5K 48
Amanda Beckett liked being left alone. If she was alone, then there would be no one to leave her. Jack Darby just wanted out. Out of the small town...
57.8K 1.5K 33
Amelia Moore is Raf's babysitter since she was thirteen and has known Raf for three years. She is known to be cold and angry at everyone at Memorial...
753 17 3
Hi there. I'm Techna, a living, shapeshifting, extraterrestrial of both cybernetic and organic matter and life. A Technogian, As my kind are called...