pretend it only happened in a...

By mimibigboy

Perfection seems to only exist in the form of a six-foot, closeted nerd named Tenya Iida. But this is never g... More

part two | it's 2012
part three | varsity cheerleaders did nothing wrong
part four | maraschino cherries
part five | how does he manage music this loud with math this hard
part six | swiss cheese and roast beef with light mayo
part seven | party hard future dropouts of riverside !
part eight | is this what gatsby felt like everytime daisy didn't love him back?
part nine | tender- tender touch
part ten | please dont make a joke about tenya and sonic going fast
part eleven | when you watched that movie with adam driver
part twelve | why put the bar so goddamn high?
part thirteen | rose petals and candles? mark me down for excited
fourteen | no title.
fifteen | the worst moments in history make the most tragic essays
sixteen | last day of the year
seventeen | and with your great arrival the shade will turn to red
eighteen | you and i were fireworks
nineteen | bittersweet is a type of sweet

part one | trigonometry is the enemy

2.1K 62 49
By mimibigboy

~*~

Math is not everyones strong suit- I'll give you that. It certainly is not mine. I mean seriously, when Ms. Long wrote "SOHCAHTOA" up on the white board, I knew I was screwed. 

Math is such a set formula, it's a repeating of the same idea. Math is memorization on top of algorithms on top of numbers and concepts. It doesn't come out of creativity and muse- it's born out of fundamental laws of the universe.

I hate math. I hate graphs and triangles and fractions and numbers. 

The second week of class, Ms. Long sat me in a row of three next to a kind, quiet girl and an absolute stick in the mud. The girl I liked. Underneath her desk she would bust out a thick needle and knit during lectures. The stick in the mud, was an uptight rich boy who was just so amazing at math, just stunning at it. 

He was so perfect, his notes all in line and his desk perfectly organized and his eyes glued to the board whenever we were learning a new concept. When class ended, he would always chat with the teacher. It's rumored that if you listen close when he begins to speak, you'll hear a couple of hundred sighs (the kind of relaxation) and the collective shut of eyes. Letters linger on his lips like lullabies- he's so articulate and genuine. 

Everyone loves Tenya Iida, and I am no exception.

The best part is that he sits right next to me- every single day. 

When class gets out, all my friends rush up to me and ask me what he did today. They're obsessed with him- but not the way pretty girls do. They're obsessed because they hold grudges and because they have a distaste for people who have a future. 

Kaminari crosses his legs as he sits next to me. "So what did he do next?"

I shrug. "He answered the question and got the extra credit," I tell him. "How many times I gotta reiterate it: he's a genius."

Kaminari shakes his head. "What a fucking loser."

I thought Tenya was uptight- yes- but I didn't think he was a loser. If we were all born like Tenya we would act like that, too. He has two very successful parents, a gorgeous home, a secured spot on the football team, and perfect bone structure. 

"Are you guys down to skip third? Kiri was down to buy happy wok," Mina says.

I nod. "Sounds good." Kaminari nods too, and so were all in agreement.

"Gonna bring your little girlfriend?" Sero teases him.

He punches Sero in the shoulder. "We're not dating."

"Not yet."

Mina giggles. "If were gonna skip third we outta go now."

With that, were off. Getting off campus isn't that hard, the entire thing is open and no one monitors it. At lunch we have an open campus so you can go anywhere to eat. Mina has a car (because she's very good at negotiating with rich boys) and she's always willing to drive us to go get food. 

Mina, Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero and me formed a friend group ages ago. Im the outcast of the group, and of course last to join. First it was Mina and Kirishima who've been a duo since seventh grade, off and on dating since Freshman year. Currently on (and to an extreme, it's gross.) Kami moved here and was friends with Sero and they all formed a group. And then I rolled in. 

To keep it short a simple- this is not the group of friends I would've chosen had a been given a choice at all. No one liked me, but Mina liked everyone.

Before we reach the Chinese restaurant, I can already hear Kami getting excited to eat. "We can get potstickers and egg rolls if he's willing to pay that much. Actually scratch that I don't care how much he's willing to pay were getting both I'll pay."

Sero chuckles. "Jirou really puts up with you?"

"Have you seen how sexy I am? Of course she puts up with me."

I punch him in the arm. "Kaminari I know what you're packing down there and it's not worth getting that excited over."

He turns back to me with a look of genuine offense on his face. "How dare you!" He shouts before going to attack me. Sero dodges to avoid his weak punches.

Mina slams on the breaks though, and he goes flying forward. "Can both of you idiots stop it?" 

This is how most car rides go. Honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way. 

We pass a few more building before we arrive at Happy Wok, where Kirishima's car is already parked. Kiri dropped out right after Sophomore year, so he does whatever he wants. He has a job and a car and a small apartment and he's doing overwhelming well for himself. If he wasn't dating Mina, I'd be all over him. 

Currently, he's leaning against his car messing with his bandana. Mina parks right next to him, we get out, and then we go inside to be seated.

Mina and Kirishima kiss before sitting down. "How's school?" He asks us.

"Boring," I reply. 

"Amazing," says Kaminari. 

Sero laughs.

Kiri raises an eyebrow. "The girlfriend thing going well?"

"She spent the night at my house yesterday," he says with a smirk.

I elbow him. "No one needs to hear about your mediocre sex life, you creep."

They all laugh. I like when we all laugh and everything feels normal. 

Before Kami can come up with a response, a waitress comes and takes our oder. Then the door to the restaurant dings, and I turn to see who has walked in.

It's Tenya Iida.

"Look at him," Mina says quietly. "He's probably here to discuss money with prostitutes."

Everyone giggles but me. I hate being infatuated with him like everyone else is. He's so hot. My worst, nastiest dreams have always featured Tenya Iida. 

He notices us in the corner, more specifically he notices Kirishima, and walks over. "Hey Kiri!" He says. Kirishima is already on his feet and giving Tenya a hug. They've been friends for a very long time, and before Kiri dropped out they played football together. "How are you guys?" Tenya asks. 

"Were great!" Says Kiri, wrapping his arm around Mina. 

Tenya smiles. "Thats good!"

"Why are you out of school?" Mina asks, flashing her award winning smile. 

"Normally I wouldn't answer that however; it's because I've started being my brother teachers aid and he wanted food so."

Small note about Mina: she gets whatever it wants when it comes to men- she's just that talented.

She nods. "Very cool. Well, we'll see you around Mr. Iida!" 

"Nice to see you too, Miss Ashido."

I turn to her. "How do you do that?" I ask.

Mina shrugs. "I worked my way into a car, that was just the tip of the iceberg."

Kirishima rolls his eyes. I guess the car thing is sensitive for him. Must be hard for him to know that his girlfriend is completely out of his league. 

Sero yawns. "I don't wanna go back to class," he says.

"Dropout," Kiri tells him.

Mina drops a sugar packet into her iced tea. "Do you ever," she begins, slowly stirring the tea, "think about how we will all be adults one day? We'll have cars and houses and marriages and jobs and kids." 

Sero shakes his head. "I will never grow up."

Mina has a melancholy look on her face- one that I can't place. "I will," she says. "I'm growing up right now. Before I'll know it I'll be like every other adult."

Kaminari laughs. "Why're you getting all sentimental on us Mina? lets not think of that but instead all this food were gonna eat!" 

She smiles but it's fake. "A lot of food, yeah."

I'll have to ask her later about what's up. 

Shortly after we're served food and we eat like kings. Kiri pays, and then we all get ready to get in Mina's car. 

"Hey guys, wait for me in the car, I gotta talk to Kiri," she says to us three. 

We wait in the car and watch them from afar. She holds his hands, tells him something, and then he just- he loses it. If I could hear I'd know if it was a good kind of lost it or not. They talk, it looks like arguing but it ends in a hug and Mina walks to the car.

"What was that all about?" I ask.

She shrugs while putting the key in the ignition. "Don't worry about it, Bakugou."

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 3.8K 11
Hot Manz Hawks x (fem) Reader! Please vote it would help me out a lot :)
69.8K 2.2K 10
[Izuku Midoriya x Katsuki Bakugou] - Katsuki Bakugou is aggressive, depressed, and just tired of being alive. He struggles to hide what he is truly f...
5.5K 260 11
When Katsuki distracts himself from his desires, and love, for a certain green haired hero, he creates more problems for himself than he solves. Just...
3.6K 111 10
a quirk that will change midorya's and bakugous's life forever? "is this true?" "what the fuck is going on here? this is bullshit!"