Love & Loss

By cannoness

ATTENTION: This is the SECOND book of my Vampire's Pet series and cannot be read as a stand alone book. ~~~ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
What's to Come
Update
Physical Copies!!

Chapter 47

190K 8.6K 2.7K
By cannoness

A/N: This chapter was originally supposed to be longer, but I decided to post it how it is now before my writing gets delayed further from finals and moving back home.

Khloe's POV

I sat quietly on Nico's bed as he got ready for his departure to the northern pack of vampires.

He was supposed to leave in about thirty minutes, leaving him to hurriedly get ready since he'd procrastinated on it up until now.

Absentmindedly kicking my leg that dangled from the edge of the bed, I leaned back and set my palms on the bed for support.

"Do you know when you'll be back tomorrow?" I asked as soon as he stepped out of the bathroom.

Even though the actual signing of the treaty wasn't until tomorrow, Nico still had to look the part as the prince who was representing the Lord during the entire trip.

Thus explaining the beautifully tailored suit he wore, and the deep purple tie that seemed to make his eyes pop more than they already did.

It also explained the small pony-tail he put his hair in, save for the few strands in the front that wasn't quite long enough.

"Hopefully around three or four," he replied before falling back onto the bed beside me.

I turned my head to face him as he stretched his arms over his head before he laid his head on his hands.

"Hopefully?"

I would think that Nico of all people would know the exacts of how this trip was going to happen.

I guess his father didn't exactly fill him in on every detail.

That or Nico just didn't want to listen to the details.

Both seemed possible.

"Yeah, the actual signing is supposed to happen at noon, so I'm hoping that I can just leave directly after that."

He lifted a hand from beside his head and held it out to me, gesturing for me to lay with him before he had to go.

I did just that, scooting back and laying my head on his chest.

"Did you guys decide if Doe was gonna come over while I'm gone?"

I lightly drew my fingers down the smooth fabric of his suit.

"Yeah, she said that she'll probably come by later in the night for a while. She wants me to paint on her back, so that's really all we have planned."

"What? But you haven't even painted mine yet." He whined, almost sounding jealous.

I giggled at his tone, lifting myself up a bit so I was laying with my arms folded atop his chest.

"I would do it tonight, but you have other plans," I teased.

"I wouldn't call them plans, more like nuisances," he countered, his voice still showing how much he was dreading this trip.

He had already voiced how he felt about the northern pack many times, never having said one positive thing about them.

I came to agree with him by the end of it.

"How about when you get back then?" I offered, pushing myself up so I was hovering above him, "That way you have something to look forward to."

Slowly, his scowl turned into a grin as he just looked over my face, his hand sliding from my waist to my hip.

"Just knowing that you'll be here is enough to look forward to, but I'll definitely take you up on that offer."

He just barely got a glimpse of my surprised reaction to his words before I rolled away from him and took hold of the pillow sitting there.

I buried my face in it before I felt him shift beside me, his smooth laugh ringing beautifully in my ear.

His ability to smooth talk was something that I still couldn't get used to.

Maybe it wasn't as much the smooth talk as much as it was that he knew just what to say to get a reaction out of me.

Then again, it really wasn't that difficult.

Which just meant I had to get him back before he left.

"Alright, alright," He snaked an arm around my stomach, aiming to pull me closer to him again, "Get back here before I have to leave."

I shook my head into the pillow I held, pulling that closer instead.

"Nope," I responded playfully.

I turned just enough to see his confused wide-eyed reaction.

We both knew that I've never said no to that kind of request.

If anything, we both knew that cuddling up next to him was one of my favorite things to do.

And although he hasn't exactly admitted it, I'm sure it was his too.

"Huh?" he perplexed.

I rubbed my face against the pillow, humming teasingly.

"I have to get used to your replacement since you're leaving me tonight," I spoke innocently.

His brows furrowed, lips pursing ever so slightly.

"Is that so?" He grumbled into the back of my neck.

it took everything in my power to not melt right there and then.

"Mmmhm~"

He stayed silent for a moment, that look staying still on his face.

Although I swear I saw his eyebrow twitch.

"I see," He spoke, his voice still low.

Oddly enough, the tone sent a shiver down my spine.

"I guess you leave me no choice then."

I turned to send him a questioning glance, but he was gone.

Had it not been for the sound of his front door closing I wouldn't have known that he sped out.

Partially stunned by his actions, I pushed myself up and looked at the door.

I couldn't even begin to imagine where he could have gone.

He didn't leave, did he?

No, his ride wasn't going to be ready for a while still.

I pushed myself into a sitting position with the pillow on my lap.

Not even a moment later, Nico came through the door.

"I'm not going," he stated cheerfully, pulling the hair-band from his hair.

My eyes went round as he walked towards me.

"What do you mean you're not going?"

He stopped once he reached me.

"I mean," He snagged the pillow on my lap before throwing it to the side, "Xander agreed to take my place, who was a much better choice, to begin with if you ask me."

I didn't have time to add in another question before he was crawling over me and taking me into his arms.

So I had to resort to asking him after he carried me and set me down at the head of the bed.

"Did you tell someone? I mean is the Lord going to be ok with that?"

He chuckled a bit before he basically laid himself on top of me with his head resting on my chest.

Impressively he somehow managed to hold himself up enough to where I didn't have any difficulty breathing.

"Nope. I didn't tell anyone but Xander, so as far as everyone else knows, I'll be gone for the next 24 hours. As for my father, I doubt he'll be pleased but that's nothing new. I don't know why he didn't just send Xander in the first place since he's definitely the more... peaceful one when it comes to that pack." I felt him shrug, "If peace was what my father wanted, then I have no idea why he'd want to send me in the first place knowing how much I despised them. If anything I'm doing him a favor by sending Xander."

I squinted suspiciously at his explanation.

Obviously, I didn't want him to skip out on his duties, but I'd be lying if I said his explanation didn't make sense.

I remember him saying that his first act as Lord would be ridding this city of that pack entirely, whether peacefully or violently.

He also specified that he'd do it all himself if it came down to it.

And I also knew that Nico had a high temper and a short fuse when it came to things he doesn't morally agree with.

So, I let it slide, rubbing my fingers against his scalp and through his hair.

"As long as you're sure that you'll be okay," I said.

Nico let out a very satisfied sigh at my actions.

"I'll be fine. If my father gets upset, I'll explain my reasoning." he eased.

I accepted that with a soft sigh, continuing my movements through his hair before a slight laugh passed my lips.

"Wait. Did you really just cancel your trip because I threatened to replace you with a pillow?"

He turned his head up so his chin was resting on my sternum.

"Kind of," He admitted casually, "I'd been thinking about how Xander would be a better match for it ever since my father mentioned it, but yes, that was the deciding point."

I couldn't help my laughter from growing after he spoke.

His brow rose.

"What?"

"Oh nothing nothing," I began, "Oh! Can Doe still stop by later today?"

He nodded once.

"Of course, but while I'm here, how about you paint my back first?" He questioned cheekily.

I sent him back my own smile.

"Deal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.7K 35
"Hello, are you there ?" "Yes, I am. I will always be there." "Can I ask you something?" "Sure my love." "Why don't I feel scared of...
51.7M 2.1M 88
The world had gone to hell long ago, taken over by the vampire race. In order to keep some sort of peace in our land, the Vampire Lords made a consec...
21.8M 864K 84
this story contains adult content!!!! read at own risk. I glared at the vampire before me, pressing myself against the bars of my 'cage' before dro...
116K 3.2K 41
She began to fear every sound since she had met him. With every step she looked over her shoulder. Fear of him kept her wary. Trying to run from the...