Strike At Midnight || Luka Co...

By ChocAlaine

【Complete! Thank you to everyone who stayed till the end!】 Selene LeClaire- hardly fluent in French- moved to... More

Prologue
Meet the Bat Miraculous
Chapter 1 ❧ Forget
Chapter 2 ❧ Maintain Normalcy
Chapter 3 ❧ Baking Buddies
Chapter 4 ❧ Picture Perfect
Chapter 5 ❧ Anti-Hero Debut
Chapter 6 ❧ The Collector
Chapter 7 ❧ Newfound Camaraderie
Chapter 8 ❧ Calling A Truce
Chapter 9 ❧ Hero Crash Course
Chapter 10 ❧ Bittersweet Cookies
Chapter 12 ❧ Lousy Co-op
Chapter 13 ❧ Remember
Chapter 14 ❧ Meeting Master Shou
Chapter 15 ❧ Heart to Heart
Chapter 16 ❧ Midnight Incident
Special Merry Christmas
Chapter 17 ❧ Wipe Your Tears
Chapter 18 ❧ Ladybug's Identity
Chapter 19 ❧ Reflect
Chapter 20 ❧ Special Sweetheart
Chapter 21 ❧ A Grand Exit
Chapter 22 ❧ Blue-eyed Knight
Chapter 23 ❧ World Turns Upside Down
Chapter 24 ❧ Blind Spot
Chapter 25 ❧ Repent
Chapter 26 ❧ Finale: Heroes Assemble
Chapter 27 ❧ Finale: Last Battle
Chapter 28 ❧ Aftermath
Editing Update
Epilogue ❧ Years Later
QnA

Chapter 11 ❧ Sly Fox

2.8K 135 57
By ChocAlaine

Early in the morning before the bell rang, I gave Adrien his bag of cookies. He said his typical thank you and smiled gratefully. I was admittedly disappointed by his underwhelming reaction but didn't dwell on it. Instead I distributed more of the cookies among my friends.

"I love them Selene!" Rose says, already munching on her second one.

"Wow thanks. Free snacks." Juleka inspects the cookies. "I've never seen anything like it."

"They're stained glass cookies. I made them with Marinette."

Rose tilts her head curiously. "You're growing really close with Marinette. You're both so bubbly, sweet, honest and incredible bakers!"

"Ha! That's the first time someone complimented my baking-"

Chloe approaches me with arms folded and no preamble. "So where's mine?"

"Excuse me?" I say.

"You're giving out cookies to them- Adrien, Nino and Alya have them too."

I grit my teeth, wanting to snap at her, but Adrien's bright voice emerges from behind me. "Don't get mad, Chloe. I'm sure Selene baked some for you."

Not really- I didn't. Instead of objecting, I'm left speechless. I look down at the last bag I have meant for Luka. Rose and Juleka watched the scene unfold but neither of them detected the tension. Concealing my inner turmoil, I keep my voice steady and soft. "Yeah, I guess... I have some for you."

Four pairs of eyes pierce me with expectant looks. They predict that I'd react kindly based on the good-natured image I put so much effort to build up.

Chloe eyes the bag disdainfully and pushes it back to me. "No, thanks. I don't take handouts." She abruptly turns and leave us in the dust. My mouth hangs open in shock. What an arrogant, good-for-nothing, little-

"Maybe she's the savoury type." Adrien shrugs innocently.

I smile and say, "Oh well." Thank God she changed her mind, but her cocky attitude still pissed me off.

From the distance I spot Marinette watching our interaction- barely hiding her gloomy expression. To my shock, just beside her is Luka. I excuse myself and run up to them. "Hey, guys! Do you know each other?"

Luka greets me but Marinette says, "Yeah, we've talked briefly before. I-I'll head to class. See you later." She practically runs away from me.

"Did something happen?" Luka asks, confused.

"I'm not sure," I lie.

He looks at me warily, seeing through me like glass. But he changes the topic due to his kindness rather than ignorance. He knows if it's too personal. "What's that?"

He points to the cookies. My lips instantly curl into an excited smile and I extend the cookies to him. "It's your first day today so, I hope you'll have a great time at Françoise Dupont."

"Oh uhm..." Luka stares at them.

"What? You don't want any?" I ask, pouting.

"It's just that.." he trails off. What? What the hell is that reaction?! I try to  his expression but it remains unreadable. He takes the cookies eventually. "Nevermind."

"How rude," I retort, but he laughs. The sound creates a fluttering sensation in my stomach. "If a guy receives gifts from a girl, he must thank her."

"If a guy receives gifts from a girl, he'd judge her intentions." He reaches out towards me and I almost take a step back. I feel a tickle on my ear as he gently pushes a lock of my hair behind it. Feeling strangely flustered, I look up at him and he gives me a cheeky grin. That huge flirt!

"You're crude!" The bell rings, pulling me out from my daze and I push him towards the school. "You go have fun and make some new friends. Don't be shy to ask someone if you have queries."

"Yes, mother."

"To hell with you," I say hoarsely. When we entered the school, I waved goodbye and turned the other hallway.

I yelp in surprise when a hand grabs onto my wrist and pulls me into a secluded corner. When I come face-to-face with Lila Rossi, I grimace. "What is it?"

"Selene, right? I just want to ask for a favour." She bats her eyelashes and flashes her exasperating signature smile.

"I'm not hearing any of it," I say, already taking a defensive stance.

"It's rather bold of you to work together with Paris' most notorious super villain. So I guess that means you're one too," she says it so casually that I needed a moment to comprehend it.

"I'm not a super villain," I say darkly, forgetting that I didn't deny everything she claimed. "Frankly, I don't care- get away from me."

"So you are an accomplice! Thanks for clearing that up." She smirks when I realise I've been played.

"What do you want?" I say in an urgent whisper, clenching my fist. I've been exposed- and so easily too. With just a few measly words, I've already revealed my best kept secret- and to Lila of all people!

Her eyes narrow with malignance. "I just want to lend a helping hand. We have the same goal- I want Ladybug eliminated. Let me speak to Hawkmoth." Her voice carried confidence that came only with the sense of superiority.

My first instinct was to turn her down. Why should I do what she wants? But after second thoughts, I might be able to use her. I heard about her messy incident as Volpina but she got away scot-free through deceit that was admittedly impressive. Nevertheless, her condescending expression when she thinks no one is looking makes my blood boil. "Just give me one second."

I turn away without explanation and pull out my communicator which looks like a normal airpod. "Nathalie?"

"I heard your call," she answers after a considerable silence. I relayed Lila's proposition albeit tentatively. I really needed to get this job done so that Emilie can come back and I can ease my moral compass.

"Her willingness could prove useful to us," Nathalie says monotonously. I hold in a groan when she basically says that Lila will join the team. I listen to her next instructions carefully and return back to Lila.

"We're late for class," I say poorly. "You can't talk to Hawkmoth. You get your commands from me, so you're in I guess."

She flips her hair as my fingers itch to pull them out from her scalp. "Does he have a plan?"

"Not really," I say honestly and direct her to the nearest window. "I've received orders. Get akumatized and get their miraculous."

I don't know why they think Lila has a better chance at fishing miraculous compared to any other villain that has littered Paris. A violet butterfly flutters in through the window, interrupting my thoughts. "Knock yourself out."

With an admittedly creepy eagerness, Lila welcomes the akuma with open arms as it phases into her fox tail necklace.
A purple aura wraps around her form before dissipating and revealing a girl in a sunset orange suit with slender fox ears and tail.

•●•●•●•●•

Luka's POV.

I pop the cookie into my mouth. The sweet taste of candy melts on my tongue. It's not something I've ever tasted before.

"Hey can I have yours?" Juleka pops out from out of nowhere.

"What are you doing here? Isn't your class that way?"

"Yeah, but I saw Selene give you cookies just a while ago. If you don't want them, can I have yours too?" Juleka tries to reach for his bag of cookies.

"I'm sorry but this one's mine." Luka pulls away and raises it high in the air that his younger sister can't reach. "And mom never taught you to be a glutton."

"I'm not!" Juleka objects, grasping for them on her tippy toes. "Whenever a girl gives you gifts you would either throw or give them away. Selene is a good baker- it's only economical!"

He shakes his head in amusement. This was the first time Selene baked anything, but her friends already deemed her an expert. The truth is, the cookies were her first ever successful attempt at baking.

"You hate sweet food." She pouts, trying to get through me with her doe eyes instead. Nice try.

"I like them because I know they were made through hard work and graciousness. They taste all the more better that way." I recall the few instances I've been given expensive gifts from a girl at my former school.

Juleka's feet land back on the ground as she looks at me curiously. I ask, "What?"

"Eh, nevermind," Juleka say with a wave of her hand. She turn away but I could hear her mumbles clearly. "She must be very special to you."

Her eyes grow wide and she splays her palms on her head. "Oh my God- Selene and my brother?"

"I'm still here, you know?"

Juleka ignores me. "Something feels off..."

•●•●•●•●•

Has anyone watched Frozen? Is it a good sequel? While we sulk about the lack of MLB we have to talk about other cartoons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 1.3K 50
MIRACULOUS TALES OF CAT NOIR AND LADYBUG FANFICTION "Where could they be?!" Adrien Agreste's mind was wrapped around this question ever since Marinet...
3.1K 135 24
Y/n has been best friends with Marinette and Luka since they were children. Things stayed the same up until the appearance of Ladybug and Chat Noir...
110K 2.5K 26
Adrien had gotten into one of the biggest arguments he had ever had with his father, leading him to run from his home as his alter ego, Chat Noir. Th...
58.3K 1.7K 26
You move to Paris after your dad got a new job and was introduced to a boy named Luka. He takes you on wild adventures but you never saw him anything...