Living with the Midoriyas

By famulan07

Izuku, Ochako, and Eri have been happily living as a family for the past 5 years, but when they encounter an... More

Part 1: All Grown Up
Part 2: A New Friend
Part 3: The Beginning
Part 4: Home
Part 5: What Matters Most
Part 6: Secrets
Part 7: Surprise!
Part 8: Promotions
Part 9: Encounters
Part 10: Tenjin Matsuri (Part 1)
Part 11: Tenjin Matsuri (Part 2)
Part 12: Confessions
Part 13: Announcement
Part 14: What'll It Be?
Part 15: Reveal
Part 16: Freedom
Part 17: A Birthday to Remember
Part 18: Plans
Part 19: Darkness
Part 20: Valentine's Day
Part 21: Miracles
Part 22: Illusions
Part 23: Rescue (Part 1)
Part 24: Rescue (Part 2)
Part 25: Rescue (Part 3)
Part 26: Arrival
Part 27: Prayers
Part 29: Completion
Part 30: Happily Ever After

Part 28: Company

3.6K 75 91
By famulan07

The next few days crept by as Ochako and Reiko awaited to be discharged from the hospital.

Despite the long days, many visitors came by to visit the newest Midoriya, and Izuku and Ochako were so happy to have all the love and support from their friends and loved ones.

They specifically requested that they have complete privacy during their stay in order for Ochako to fully recover and to prevent paparazzi from flashing bright lights in their faces.

Many reporters and fans came by hoping to get a sneak peek of the newest member, but the hospital staff turned each one down, letting them leave disappointed.

Izuku came up with a goofy password for their loved ones to tell the staff to prove they weren't just meddling visitors.

"Greetings. We're here to visit the Midoriya's and their new addition, please."

"Pro hero Ingenium! I'm sorry, but I'm still going to require the password to ensure it's really you and not someone with a shape shifting quirk."

"Of course!"

Ida leaned in to whisper into the receptionist's ear.

"I believe the password is 'green tea'."

The receptionist nodded and handed Ida a piece of paper with Ochako's room number written on it.

He, along with Shoto and Momo, headed into the elevator to go up to the 4th floor of the hospital.

Upon arriving outside Ochako's room, Ida knocked.

"Hello? May we come in?"

"Come on in, guys!" Izuku replied from inside.

Ida held the door open for Shoto and Momo as they entered. Momo put a hand up to her mouth as tears welled into her eyes.

She kept her gaze focused on the new mother and tiny green haired baby girl.

"S-she's beautiful!" She stated as she walked closer to Ochako.

"Want to hold her?" She asked.

Momo nodded as she wiped her tears.

"Congrats, Midoriya!" Todoroki stated as he hugged Izuku and patted his back.

"It is an honor to be here at this most celebrated moment. Congratulations to the both of you on the birth of your first child together. It's such a privileged to meet little—"

"Reiko." Izuku interrupted Ida.

"Reiko you say? That's a fine name. It suits her."

Izuku and Ochako chuckled to themselves.

"How are you, Ochako? I hope that recovering well. Midoriya told us all about what happened."

"I'm okay now. Thanks for asking, Ida."

"Well, we're certainly glad you're okay. We wouldn't know what to do without you." He smiled.

Momo handed Reiko back to Ochako as she rejoined her husband's side.

"Would you like to hold her, Ida?"

"I'd be delighted to!" He stated as he held out his arms. Before Ochako could even pass Reiko over to him, she let out a loud cry, startling Ida.

"AHHHH! Oh dear!!" He exclaimed while waving his arms.

Ochako giggled as she began to rock the crying infant.

"Shh shhh shhh. It's okay. You have company. Be good for your Uncle Ida."

Reiko eased her crying and settled back down into a serene state. Ida wiped his brow as he proceeded to attempt to hold the baby.

This time around, Reiko laid peacefully in his arms.

"Hello there, little Reiko. I'm your Uncle Ida. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Before Ida could proceed, there was another knock at the door. A nurse let in three familiar faces.

"Mirio! Nejire! Tamaki! Welcome!" Izuku stated as he hugged each of them.

"Hey, Midoriya! I hope we didn't come at a bad time. We can always come back later if you'd like."

"No, no. You three came at the perfect time, Mirio."

"Oh my gosh! She's so tiny and absolutely adorable!" Nejire exclaimed as she jumped up and down.

She had already slipped away from Mirio and Tamaki to peek at the baby.

"Oh, Mirio, Tamaki! You two have to come see!"

Mirio happily made his way over to Ochako's side while Tamaki hesitated.

"It's all right, Tamaki. Please come." She reassured him.

He nodded at Ochako's invitation as he too made his way over to baby Reiko. Ida carefully placed her into Nejire's arms.

"Careful now. She lacks head support so please make sure to cradle her close."

Nejire's eyes glistened as she looked at Reiko's chubby pink cheeks.

"Awwww! She looks just like you, Ochako! Well, other than her hair!"

"Really? I thought she looked more like Izuku. I guess we'll be able to better tell once she's a little older." Ochako replied.

"Here, Mirio! You hold her!" Mirio had to act quickly in order to safely transfer her from Nejire. She was so excited that she handed her over to him rather quickly.

The biggest smile formed on Mirio's face as he looked down at the tiny infant. "Hey there, munchkin. I'm your Uncle Mirio. You'll need to grow big and strong so you can be a hero too someday."

A wave of guilt washed over Izuku. He didn't know what to even say. He could say she was quirkless, but that wouldn't have made any sense to anyone else in the room.

No one but Ochako, All Might, and Bakugo knew the truth about One For All.

Ochako noticed his mood change and immediately changed the subject.

"Yes, someday she will be a great hero if she wants."

Izuku raised his head to look at his wife who was smiling warmly at him. She had given him that look countless times yet it always made his heart skip a beat.

"C-can I hold her?" Tamaki asked Mirio shyly.

"Of course!" He replied, gently handing Reiko over to him. His normally shy nature melted away as he observed the sleeping baby in his arms.

"H-hi there." He stated quietly. "I'm your Uncle Tamaki. If you're going to be a hero someday, you're going to need someone to look up to. You'll need someone who inspires you to keep going. I'll be that person for you just like your Uncle Mirio is to me."

Reiko smiled in her sleep as she grasped Tamaki's finger that he had placed into her palm.

"Well, we had better get going. We'll see you guys soon." Mirio waved as he exited the hospital room.

"Bye, Mirio. Thanks for coming!" Izuku stated.

"Come along, Nejire." Tamaki stated as he too exited.

"Aw, I just can't resist. She's too adorable. Fine." She huffed as she headed out the door.

"We had better get going as well. Shoto's siblings are keeping the twins while we're gone, and they've probably been driving them nuts.

Well, probably just Hino. He's the crier. Rei is very quiet and not very fussy."

Momo bent down to hug Ochako.

"Thanks for coming by, you two. We'll see you again soon." Ochako returned the embrace before Momo and Shoto headed out of the room together.

"I too should probably get going. I have to work tonight, but I will see you too soon. Until we meet again, my dear friends."

"Bye, Ida! Thanks for visiting." Izuku and Ochako bother thanked their friend before he headed out.

—————

"Care for one more visitor?"

Izuku immediately recognized that voice. "All Might!" He ran to the door to greet him. "Hey, Young Midoriya. I hope that I'm not intruding. I know it's kinda late. I couldn't seem to remember what the password was. Eh. The nurses let me through so that's all that matters."

"It's okay, All Might. You're not intruding at all. Please, come in."

Izuku led the way to his new daughter who was sleeping on Ochako's chest.

"Oh, look at that. She has your hair, Young Midoriya. Isn't she precious?"

Ochako laid Reiko into All Might's hands. She seemed to almost fit perfectly in them. Even in his weakened form, All Might was still quite tall and had large hands.

"She's simply beautiful like her mother. Hi there, little Reiko. I'm your Grandpa 'Might as your big sister calls me."

He observed the tiny baby as she seemed to yawn, but in reality, it wasn't a yawn at all.

"Achoo!"

Reiko had sneezed right into his face. Ochako and Izuku held their breath, unsure of how to even react.

"I'm so sorry, All Might! Here's a napkin!"

Her concern faded away as All Might let out a loud laugh.

"It's all right. Bless you, little one." He smiled as he wiped his face with the napkin.

—————

For the next hour or so, All Might, Izuku, and Ochako discussed Reiko's arrival, how everyone was adjusting to the new addition, and old memories.

"Remember when you felt alone, Young Midoriya? You felt so lonely because you didn't have a quirk. Now look at you. You have a wife and a beautiful family."

"He'll never be alone again." Ochako stated as she grabbed his hand.

"I need to get going. I've got to stop by the store on my way home. Thank you for letting me visit."

"It's our pleasure, All Might. You're always welcome." Ochako smiled as he handed Reiko back to her.

As All Might headed out, Dr. Akamine knocked and entered the room.

"Good evening, Mrs. Midoriya. Your vitals have remained stabilized for the past three days, and baby Reiko's are perfect. We plan on discharging you tomorrow as long as everything continues to go well."

Ochako and Izuku's faces lit up as they both smiled down at their daughter.

"Thank you so much, Dr. Akamine. For everything."

Dr. Akamine wrapped her arms around Ochako as she embraced her.

"It was my pleasure. You three get some rest. You have a big day tomorrow." She smiled before exiting the room.

"Home.. we get to go home tomorrow!" Ochako squealed.

"Eri's going to be so happy. She's missed us." Izuku replied.

"This is a dream come true. As of tomorrow, we'll be home as a family of four." Ochako gleamed.

"I can't wait. You have to make sure to take it easy though, okay? Don't you worry. I'll take Eri to school and make sure we have dinner and everything."

"Relax, Izuku. I'll be fine." Ochako giggled.

The long awaited day was about to finally come. Izuku and Ochako were ecstatic and eager to bring their newest addition into their home. They could hardly wait for this new chapter in their lives, and they were both so grateful for this time.

• • • • •

A/N: Speaking of new chapters in life.. I apologize that I'm uploading this chapter later than I usually do! I just got engaged this past weekend, so I spent the time doing a tiny bit of wedding planning and spending time with my family as well as his. Thank you for your patience, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.3K 151
Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka are two pro heroes in training and promising ones at that. They attend UA High which is well known for producing po...
4.6M 172K 97
*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, but be damned sure that I'll protect you...
125K 2.2K 76
In a world where 80% of the population had some sort of quirk, izuku midoriya lives a horrid live of bring one of the unlucky, quirkless ones. He's a...
126K 2.5K 50
Five years after graduation, Deku and Uraraka are finally getting married. All their friends and relatives are excited and ready to help them to make...