My Best Friend is A What????

By viviloves2write

OK this is just a story I'm experimenting with, Ive just been bored and decided to give a go at a Vampire sto... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3- The Hunt
Chapter 4- Ezra you Bastard!
Chapter 5- Greatest Idea Ever!!
Chapter 6- Eli in Love (Eli's POV)
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 8- The Truth
Chapter 9- Vegetarian Hunt
Chapter 10- Learning to Drive
Chapter 11- Emancipated Minor
Chpater 12- Who is She?
Chapter 13- Olivia's Game
Chapter 14- Vacation
Chapter 15- Blindsided
Chapter 17- Colten
Chapter 18- Soul Seer
Chapter 19- Realms
Chapter 20- Two Hearts
Chapter 21- Understanding
Chapter 22- Mr. Summers
Chapter 23- Sentimental
Chapter 24- The Battle
Chapter 25- Purpose
Epilogue

Chapter 16- Losing it

433 13 3
By viviloves2write

Losing it

It was time to return back to the other half of reality... school. Me and Brook still had to attend everyday, so we all went together. It was nice having two weeks without having to see Olivia. I couldn't wait to see her face when she saw me. I went through my closet and the perfect outfit stood out... strips! Black and white stripped long sleeve shirt, with black shorts. Knee high stripped socks and black high tops. I actually intentionally matched today. I for once was ready on time for school but Brook was the one who made us late today. My 'parents' seemed excited about seeing me off to school for the first time. It frustrated me so I told them to get over it and back off. I knew I was harsh but I couldn't take them trying to act like they cared for me the past sixteen years, when they really hadn't. I kinda felt bad when Rachel began to sob as she ran to the bathroom to not cry a tear. Colin I could tell had enough of with my attitude and gave me a disappointed look. I gave a remorseful look at him and followed Rachel to the bathroom.  

"I'm sorry." I told her after I closed the door behind me.  

She shook her head "No, don't be. You're right. I'm upset at myself. You have every right to be upset and unaccepting of us. I just hoped if we came to you, we could at least be friends. I know I don't deserve your love, but I love you so much and I just have to remember you spent your life not knowing us and probably hate us. I'm sorry Addison, I really am. I wish things were different, but I just cant get over that I'm here with my little girl after so many years. I just love seeing you and knowing your ok."  

Great I couldn't tell her I spent the last six years pretending they were dead. I'd have to find something nice to say to her.  

"Rachel... I will admit, I am upset... very upset, but I guess I may be laying it on kind of thick. Maybe I have felt like you two just want me to accept you with open arms, like I didnt have two people who have raised me. The friends thing I am willing to try but parents.... I'm just not ready to accept. That will take a lot of time."  

Rachel stopped sobbing, thank God, and smiled softly at me. Ah I guess she seemed nice enough. I'd have to give her a chance.

We pulled into the school parking lot, class had started fifteen minutes ago. I was kind of... curious to see if my change was noticeable. The second I walked into class I found my answer. Ms. Hoffman gave the normal look then did a double take and ignored whatever she was thinking and continued writing on the board. But Olivia's reaction, oh I would have paid to see that over and over. She went still at the sight of me. Her eyes widened and she gasped. She so wasn't expecting this and I loved that. She couldn't toss me around anymore or hurt me so easily. I felt so superior for that moment. I couldn't help but smile and wink at her from the front of the class. I just wanted to jump across the room and take her down right there. I felt my eyes change as the vicious thought crossed my mind. Her eyes changed too and I noticed her pen explode in her hand.  

"Oh Elfin will love this." I heard her whisper.  

"Good cant wait to see him." I whispered back to her. I wondered how much crap she talked while I was human. I heard whispers from around the class, they were as if they were speaking right into my ear.  

"Is that Addison?" one boy asked another.  

"She looks like a freaking Goddess." another said.  

"Yea she looks different but hotter." another said back to him.  

Ugh boys! They choose now to notice me, I'm glad I wanted nothing to do with them. I began to stare at the back of Eli's head. I wish I could have slept, class was so boring. Even though I wasnt paying attention I could still hear and absorb everything the teacher was saying. It was all useless.  

The bell rang and Olivia sped out of class. I noticed Austin for the first time in a long time, she colored her hair... the exact same color as mine. She saw me staring at her hair and rolled her eyes as she slowly walked out. Eli wasn't paying any attention to her, he was waiting for me to take his hand to leave.

We walked out into the hallway together. Brook was talking about some song she heard on the radio when I saw him again, the platinum hair glowing guy. I reach for Brook's hand to get her attention.  

"Brook." I say but she still talking. I couldn't take my eyes off of him cause last time I did he was gone. "Brook!" I shout.  

"What?" she yells back. I pull her arm closer to me. "What?" she asks again.  

"You see him?" I asked waiting for to look but then I blinked and he was gone.  

"See who?" she asked like I was crazy.  

"Never mind." I said letting her go and going back to Eli.  

"Are you ok?" he asked. I didn't have to look at him to know he was looking at me weird.  

"Yes, I thought I saw someone from the house."  

he squinted his eyes and let it go. Stupid vampires were too fast, but I don't know why Eli didn't notice him. I'd have to meet everyone in the house. I just needed to know who he was, it was gonna bother me. He was to weird, like a mystery.  

I didn't see him again for the rest of the day. When we went home I asked Eli to give me detailed introductions to every single vampire at the house. There was so many, Julia, Caydance, Michael, Rylee, Karsen, Alani, Isabel, Leila, Parker, Micah, Lexa, Luciana, Gavin, Damien, Xavier, Sienna, and so many others. Those were just the ones I could recall. Some came alone, other came with partners, friends, acquaintances. Some were Elfin's old lovers that he stabbed in the back, others have been betrayed by him, fought with him, tortured by him, nearly killed by him or have had lovers killed by him. That I thought was ironic of course because that was the very reason he was coming after Eli. Guess he didn't like a taste of his own medicine, not that Eli did it on purpose. All the vamps I sat and spoke with and no one mentioned the platinum hair guy, and I did make it a point to ask. No one knew him or has seen him. Eli didn't even know who I was talking about. I was getting annoyed I knew someone had to know him, he didn't just invite himself. Everyone here got invitations one way or the other. I didn't bother hunting with the others I wanted to see if I caw this guy again so I could ask who he came with. Hours and hours past almost the whole night through and nothing. I even tried to stay away from including Eli and Brook because he always seemed to disappear when someone was in view. I even found myself looking out for him at school the next day. I hadn't realized how I was distancing myself until Eli send me a text at the last period of the day.

Is Everything ok with you?  

Eli  

he sent  

Yea im fine, sorry just worried about things  

XoXo A

I wasn't lying but I didn't know how to explain to him without him thinking I had eyes for someone else.

You can tell me anything you know, its ok, we will get through this fine. Is it this guy you saw?

Eli

What guy?  

XoXo A

I know I was playing dumb but I wanted to see if maybe just maybe he knew who I was seeing.

Idk the one you were trying to show B but I dont know I didn't see anyone out of the ordinary.  

Eli

So he didn't see him and Brook obviously didn't and I'm guessing Ezra didn't either. Maybe it was best I keep my mouth shut. I didnt want them thinking there was a crazy vampire amongst them.

Idk maybe my eyes were playing tricks but im fine really. See you in a few  

XoXo A

I ended our conversation without him thinking I was losing my mind. The bell rang and Eli was waiting for me by the door. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight.  

"I've been worried about you." he says in my ear. I hug him back hoping to cease his worries.  

"I'm fine really, just a lot of thoughts going on. You know its all new to me."  

He nodded "Too soon?" he asked "I should have waited I kne-"  

I put my hand over his mouth "I'm fine with that, its better now than later. I'm safer now, we will be fine." I say sealing it with a promise.  

We met up with Brook and Ezra who have made themselves official over the last couple of days. I felt bad about my distance the last two days so I make a peace offering. "Hey how about we take the human out for dinner tonight?" I say smiling trying to show I'm no longer in whatever mood I was in before.  

Brook hugs me "Yes please lets do something, I need to get away from all you blood suckers at the house." Ezra and Eli nodded in agreement. I just hoped this guy didn't show up and disappear again making my mind wonder about the mystery of him.

Later that night we all went to an Italian place, use to be my favorite. We all ordered just for the looks of it I guess. I never asked what happens when we eat food. I have seen Ezra and Eli eat plenty of times.  

"Hey what happens if you guys eat?" Brook asked mostly Ezra and Eli.  

"Oh um... we spontaneously combust." Ezra said sarcastically. I eyeballed him and they laughed. "No I'm kidding, nothing happens , its harmless, it doesn't do anything for our bodies the way other stuff does." Other stuff being blood of course.  

When the food came I was curious what he meant so I shoved some salad in my mouth and started chewing. It was like eating water there was no taste at all it did nothing to my body it was more like air actually.  

"So?..." Brook waited  

"It's like eating air no flavor, no filling, nothing. Its... boring." I tell her shoving more in my mouth. I could eat all the food at the table and still feel nothing.  

When the waitress comes to give the check all the plates are empty. I was hoping I wouldn't have bad breath or something. I know it was a stupid thought but when you have a boyfriend as hot as Eli you tend to worry about things they can take as a negative in the back of their heads. While thinking about my breath I push my chair out in unison with everyone else but I wasn't paying attention to the guy walking past my chair that I almost hit.  

"Oh Im sorry." I say but when I look he was already past me. When I turn back around they all had frozen and stared at me "What?" I asked looking between them confused as to what I missed.  

"Addi who are you talking to?" Eli asks. I pause and look back down the walk way where I just saw the guy. I could still see him standing with his back to me. Its not the same guy from the house, his hair is black but he has the glow like the platinum hair guy. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out, I have no explanations, if they didn't see him then they must have missed him.  

"No one." I finally spit out as I push my empty chair in.  

I think Eli sensed something wrong, the whole ride home he seemed distant as he held my hand in the back seat. To tell the truth I wasnt sure what was going on either. It could be a mishaps you know they just missed them some how, but they were hard not to notice. I needed to brush up on my vampire history because their glow is what I didnt understand, they shouldnt be out in the public about to expose us all. Unless the glow is just something they human eyes cant see. I sighed I cant believe I was letting this get to me so much. We had other thing coming at us like Elfin and how ever many were in his clan.

***************************************************

Sorry this one doesnt have too much happening im struggling with some writers block here and there, i will try to get the next chapter today since its only day off right now and at home. I will try to get it up and promise it will be good and revealing :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 340 29
(I wrote this like a year ago and my grammar was literally beyond the worst and the storyline was horrendously written. Beware.) Luna had just been d...
19.7K 1.4K 28
Evelyn Sapphire, a young college student. She works hard in her degree, but plays even harder at night. With her best friend by her side, an Australi...
429K 10.8K 48
I started writing this story years ago so the first like 20 chapters are iffy, please do not comment about how i should change it, how it doesn't mak...
35.3K 1.3K 22
⚠️THIS BOOK HAS LOTS OF TYPEOS IN MISTAKES READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ⚠️ ~Zoey is the neighborhoods good girl she's loved by many hated by some she's nev...