The Haddock Twins: Defenders...

By Skylight369

The Dragon Riders need to transition from riders to defenders as they deal with threats from the Outcasts and... More

Live and Let Fly
Gronckle Iron
The Night and the Fury
Tunnel Vision
Race To Fireworm Island
Fright of Passage
Worst in Show
Appetite for Destruction
Chaos
Zippleback Down
A View to Skrill
A View To Skrill (Part 2)
The Flight Stuff
Free Scauldy
Frozen
Tale of Two Dragons
The Eel Effect
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
Cast Out (Part I)
Cast Out (Part II)

Bing, Bam, Boom!

53 0 0
By Skylight369

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Hiccup, Hicca, Midnight and Toothless were at the cliffs of Berk, the two humans were just finishing setting up their newest invention, a large horn. "There we go." Hiccup said as he and his twin stepped back to examine their work. "There, that should do it. So what do you think, bud?"

Toothless just gave a bored grumble while Midnight warbled as she looked at the strange device in curiousity.

"Ah, reserving your opinion till you see it work." Hiccup said. "I'm good with that."

"It better work, It took a lot of begging to get Gobber to let us take all this metal." Hicca commented.

"It will work, sis. You'll see." Hiccup reassured.

"Hicca, Hiccup, are you up there?" Stoick voice called before he and Thornado emerged from below the cliffs and landed near the twins. "Thornado and I were busy surveying the village and..." Stoick began to explain as he got off Thornado. He paused when he noticed the giant horn. "What in the name of thor is that contraption?"

"We call it the thunder-ear." Hiccup answered.

"It can track dragon sounds from miles away." Hicca explained.

"And that hopefully includes our friend, the Screaming Death." Hiccup continued.

"And you're just in time to see us demonstrate." Hicca finished

"All right, demonstrate away." Stoick said.

"Okay, now put your ear up to this." Hiccup instructed, guiding his father to the narrow end of the horn. "Toothless, plasma blast."

Toothless fired into the air. A good distance away from Berk, Fishlegs and Meatlug were hovering and saw the plasma blast. "Oh, there's the signal, girl. Do you remember the song? What am I saying? Of course you do." He then cleared his throat and started to sing, with Meatlug accompanying him in her dragony singing.

Well, I've got my ax

And I've got my mace

And I love my wife with the ugly face

I'm a Viking through and through

Being able to hear the singing through the horn, Stoick cringed and moved his ear away from it. "All right, Fishlegs. You and Meatlug come out from wherever you're hiding." He then turned to his kids "Very funny, kids. Joke's on the chief."

"Dad, it's not a joke. Look." Hicca said. She handed her father the spy-glass and pointed out at the sea. Stoick used the spy-glass to look at where his daughter was pointing and saw that Fishlegs and Meatlug were indeed farther away from them than he thought and were still singing.

The chief then gave an impressed look. He went back to listening through the horn. "I think we could use this to hear enemy ships approaching as well. "That thunder-ear gets the chief's seal of..." He paused when another sound, specifically another voice, caught his attention. "Hang on."

"The dragons we've slain!"

"Is that..." He effortlessly turned horn towards the village to get a better listen and sure enough he could hear Gobber talking with another villager.

"Stoick? Ha! He'd be lost without me. I'm his right-hook man, you might say. Of course he'd never admit it." Gobber bragged. "And if you repeat this, I'll deny I was ever here."

"Right-hook man, eh?" Stoick grumbled. Oh, he is definitely going to have a talk with Gobber about this next he sees him. The chief then heard a screeching sound through the horn and cringed. "Ugh, oh, one of you can signal Fishlegs and Meatlug to stop." He said to his kids. "I don't know who's a worse singer, boy or the dragon."

The Haddock twins took turns listening through the horn. "Uh, that's not Fishlegs." Hiccup commented.

"Yeah, no, definitely not Fishlegs." Hicca said.

"Well, if it's not Fishlegs, then who or what is it?" Stoick asked

"Only one way to find out." The Haddock twins both said.

"My thoughts exactly." The chief agreed. He then gave a sharp whistle and without missing a beat, Thornado came into view. "Ah, would you look at that? I never get tired of seeing that magnificent beast make his entrance." Stoick said, admiring Thornado.

The three humans got on their dragons and the six of them flew off, trying to pinpoint the location of the noise. "I thought it was coming from out here." Hicca said, looking around.

Thornado seemed to have sensed something as he tried to turn and go in a different direction, but was held by Stoick. "Whoa, Thornado! I'll do the steering, if you don't mind." The chief said, pulling on his reigns.

"No, Dad, let him go. I think he hears something." Hiccup said.

Stoick decided to take his sons' word for it and stop resisting, allowing Thornado to fly where he wanted followed by Toothless and Midnight. It didn't take long for the group to find the source of the sound

"Whoa, are those... baby Thunderdrums?" Hicca said, her eyes widening as she and the others indeed saw three baby thunderdrums on a short sea-stack..

"Odin's ghost! No wonder Thornado knew where to take us." Stoick said.

"But what are they doing all the way out here by themselves?" Hicca wondered. Where on earth were their parents?

Toothless and Midnight warbled sadly at the baby Thunderdrums, being reminded of their own children who were out there somewhere exploring the world, and hopefully safe and together.

The baby Thunderdrums started screeching at the sight of the newcomers and started flying around Stoick and Thornado, much to the formers' annoyance. "Watch yourself, laddy. I'm a chief, you know."

"Dad, they're just kids. They're playing." Hiccup said.

"And they're probably more comfortable with Thornado because they're the same type of dragons." Hicca pointed out.

But that didn't mean Stoick like having the over-enthusiastic baby Thunderdrums flying too close to him. "Well, someone needs to tell them that playtime is over."

Thornado then gave out a roar to the baby dragons and they immediately flew back to the sea stack they were on, much more calmer.

"Well, looks like someone just did." Hiccup said.

Stoick chuckled. "I taught him that."

"I thought I recognized that roar." Hiccup joked. He then looked at the baby Thunderdrums who were looking back at them. "You do have to admit that they're kind of, well..."

"Cute? Cuddly?" Hicca offered. "Because they definitely are."

"I was gonna say cool." Hiccup said. He and his twin exchanged a look and nodded. Hiccup then turned to his father. "Hey, so, uh, Dad..."

But Stoick stopped him before he could even ask. "Eh-eh-eh, I know what you're thinking, and you might as well forget it." The baby Thunderdrums started screeching again, causing the chief to cringe as he covered his ears. "Ugh, there's enough racket on Berk with those Thorston twins."

"No, no, I guess... I guess you're right." Hiccup admitted.

"But we can't just leave these poor baby dragons out here like this!" Hicca protested.

"I'm sure they're parents will be coming back for them. Better to let them wait here for them. Remember what happened when took the baby Typhoomerang from the forest where his mother left him." Hiccup reminded his twin, before looking back at the baby dragons. "I just hope they'll be okay until then."

"Of course they'll be okay." Stoick said with full confidence. "They're Thunderdrums, after all. Toughest dragon in the archipelago." The Night Furies warbled their complaints at that comment, because hello? Night Furies? The unholy offsprings of lightning and death itself? Stoick noticed it. "That's right. I said it." He and Thornado flew back to Berk

"Ah, we've created a monster." Hiccup sighed, while his twin nodded in agreement.

It was getting late by the time they returned back to Berk. They landed in front of the forge, where Gobber was walking out with his panpipes in his hand. "Out for a little father-children flight, were we?" The blacksmith/ dragon dentist asked as the humans got off their dragons.

"Actually, we were just testing the thunder-ear." Hiccup informed his mentor.

"Thunder-ear, is that what you're calling it? Catchy." Gobber commented.

Stoick then remembered the conversation he overheard Gobber have with another viking and decided to take his revenge. "Oh, I'm glad you like it, Gobber, because you and the thunder-ear are on night watch together. All night, as a matter of fact." The chief declared.

"You know I'd love to, Stoick, really, I would, but I'm performing my one-viking spectacular at the great hall tonight." Gobber said, holding his panpipes up. "I'm closing with a rousing rendition of the reindeer waltz on the panpipes. It's sublime."

"I'm afraid the village will have to do without your panpipes tonight, Gobber, because my right-hook man is going to be doing his duty for his chief." Stoick countered, throwing Gobbers words back at him. "The one who'd be nothing without him." He said with a chuckle as he left.

"Yeah, our dad tried out the Thunder-ear and it worked all too well for him." Hicca explained.

"Thunder-ear. I've got a different name for it." Gobber grumbled.

The people of Berk had a peaceful night, except for Gobber who had to fulfill his duties as right-hook man (he may or may not have kicked the Thunder-ear, the Haddock twins didn't need to know.) The next day, however, the peace was gone as three very loud screeches filled the village.

Hiccup immediately woke up to the said screeches. "Oh, what... what... what's happening? What?" He and Toothless ran outside their house where they met up with Hicca and Midnight, who had no doubt long awoken before them. Stoick then came out on high alert from the screeches.

"What's going on?" Hiccup asked his dad.

"I was about to ask you two the same question." Stoick replied.

"Well, we have some visitors." Hicca said, looking very nervous. Midnight had an equally guilty expression.

They then saw three very familiar dragons fly by them. "Aren't those the same baby Thunderdrums we saw yesterday?" Stoick questioned.

Hiccup looked at his twin, who was getting more nervous. "Sis, what's going on?"

"In my defense, there was no better way Midnight and I could have handled the situation." Hicca said quickly. "We woke early as usual and we remembered the baby Thunderdrums from yesterday and we decided to go back to where we found them just to see if their parents picked them up. We went there and found that not only were they still there, but they were also less energetic than they were yesterday. In fact, they were feeling kind of down. At first I thought, something was wrong medically or they hadn't eaten properly. So Midnight and I brought them back to Berk so that we could take care of them and well, they went back to their energetic selves as soon as we landed."

The three humans and two dragons watched as the baby Thunderdrums flew around Berk at high speed, firing sonic blasts around them just for the fun of it.

"Still think they're cool?" Stoick asked his son.

"Um, I'm on the fence." Hiccup said.

"Well, get off it and do something before we have to rebuild the entire village." The chief said.

At that, the auburn twins immediately got on their dragons and flew off to try and stop the younger dragons. The other dragon riders and their dragons came as well.

Raeda and Sparkfire watched as the baby Thunderdrums flew by very fast. "Where do these guys get their energies from?" The Henderson girl asked the purple Nadder who just squawked in reply.

"Meatlug, look at the little baby Thunderdrums." Fishlegs cooed. "They are so cute." Just then the three Thunderdrums fired a sonic blast at him and Meatlug, causing the former to get dazed. Fortunately the Gronckle was able to fly them both out of there. "Thanks, girl."

Hiccup, Hicca, Midnight and Toothless started chasing after the baby Thunderdrums. "Okay, guys, fun time's over!" Hiccup shouted to the three dragons.

"Come on, be good dragons and stop. Please!" Hicca pleaded, but the Thunderdrums continued on their little rampage on Berk.

Hiccup noticed that they were flying straight to Silent Sven. "Duck, Silent Sven!" The older viking ducked just in time, saving himself from getting slammed by three very fast Thunderdrums who flew right by.

"Sorry about that, Sven." Hicca called out as she and her brother flew by Sven.

Hiccup then noticed the three younger dragons fly right into the forge. "Oh, come on, not..." Sure enough sonic blasts can be heard from inside the forge.

"My shop!" Gobber exclaimed.

"Sorry, Gobber. We're trying our best." Hiccup said. They were definitely going to have to work overtime at the forge to make up for this.

The two teens and dragons were then joined by Astrid, Raeda, Stormfly and Sparkfire. "Should I even bother asking what's going on?" Astrid said rhetorically.

"Out of control baby Thunderdrums." Was all Hiccup said.

"Yeah, that much is clear from this whole scene." Raeda said.

"And I'm guessing you'd like them under control?" Astrid asked, though it was more of a statement than a question.

"That would be preferred, yes." Hiccup said.

"Can you help me wrangle them into the academy?" Hicca asked.

"Thought you'd never ask." Astrid said.

The four humans and dragons continued their chase for the younger dragons around the village. But it seems that no matter how close they get, the Thunderdrums always manages to escape their grasps.

"Wow, they're slippery little guys." Astrid commented.

"No kidding." Hicca said.

The baby Thunderdrums then flew by the Thorston twins, who were on their dragon. "Whoa! What are those things?" Ruffnut asked, looking at the rampaging dragons.

"They are loud and destructive dragons." Hiccup explained to the blonde twins. "We have to stop them."

"Au contraire. We must own them." Tuffnut said with determination.

"Immediately." Ruffnut agreed with equal determination

"You're all mine." Snotlout yelled at one of the baby Thunderdrums he was chasing after. He and Hookfang chased after the baby dragon all around the plaza. The baby dragon lead the two older boys into a catapult, where it made a sharp turn, avoiding the catapult just in time. Snotlout and Hookfang weren't as lucky though. "I'm coming in too hot! Pull up, pull up!"

CRASH

Stoick watched the chaos all around his village and sighed. "Do I have to do everything myself?" The chief asked Thornado. He then got on his dragon and joined in the chase. But it wasn't a chase for long as Thornado gave out a loud, authoritative roar, which made the baby Thunderdrums halt in their flying and land side by side, just like yesterday.

"Well done, Dad." Hiccup praised, relieved that the chaotic chase was finally over.

Fishlegs observed the now calm baby dragons. "Look at that. They're putty in Thornado's hands-paws-claws-er, whatever."

Ruffnut and Tuffnut then had Barf and Belch land next to the baby Thunderdrums. "Okay, we want that one." Tuffnut declared, pointing to the blue Thunderdrum.

"No, that one." Ruffnut argued, pointing to the purple Thunderdrum.

"It's such a hard decision. Okay, we'll take the set." Tuffnut decided.

"Quiet!" Stoick yelled. He then turned to his children. "Hicca, Hiccup, I want you to get those troublemakers off this island now."

"Okay, we'll go, but know this. Our mother will miss us." Tuffnut said. His twin nodded in agreement.

"Not you. The dragons." Hiccup said to the blonde twins in exasperation.

"Oh." Tuffnut said with a laugh. "You had me there for a minute, chief. Because we're also... troublemakers."

"Dad, we can't get rid of them. They're babies, they don''t know any better. Kicking them out would be just plain cruel." Hicca argued.

"Hicca's right dad, don't you think we'd be better off training them?" Hiccup supported. "Think about it, they're fast, powerful..."

"Destructive, loud, and out of control." Stoick finished for his son, gesturing to the damage caused by the three little dragons.

"Uh, chief, you're kinda making Hiccup's argument for him." Tuffnut pointed out.

Gobber walked up to the group and offered his input. "The lad's got a point, Stoick. A squadron of Thunderdrums would be tough for Dagur and the Berserkers to defend against."

Stoick thought about that for a minute. "You two really think you can get them under control?" He asked his kids.

"I know we can. They're young, they're still learning. No doubt we will be able to teach them well." Hicca said enthusiastically.

"Yeah, look how great Thornado turned out to be." Hiccup pointed out.

The chief looked at his own dragon. "Well, he is quite spectacular."

"We can do it, chief. Please let us try." Raeda begged.

"All right, fine." Stoick conceded. "But the first sign of trouble, they go. Thornado isn't their mother or a babysitter. He's got chiefly duties, just like I do."

"Dad, you won't be sorry, I promise." Hiccup reassured. "I already have a whole plan laid out on how to train them."

They brought the baby Thunderdrums to the Academy to begin training. Unfortunately for the teens and the adult dragons, the babies decided they had enough of their calm mood and started screeching once again.

The teens cringed and covered their ears. "Okay, now might be a good time to roll out that big plan of yours." Astrid yelled through the screeching.

"Right, right. Big plan." Hiccup rambled on. "Uh, okay."

"Let me guess, you have no plan." Astrid said, rhetorically.

"And you just said that so that your dad wouldn't worry." Raeda said. Also rhetorically.

"You... you're both right. That would be correct." Hiccup admitted.

"Well, don't you think you better get one before our ears explode?" Raeda shouted.

Ruffnut and Tuffnut, who were both covering their eyes along with the others, perked up at the last statement. "Wait! Wait, our ears can actually explode?" Tuffnut exclaimed in excitement.

"Let's see!" Ruffnut yelled, before shoving her twin in front of the screeching Thunderdrums.

"Yes, explode, explode!" The blonde twins chanted amidst the screeching.

"Come on. Don't encourage them." Hicca yelled.

"The Thorston twins or the Thunderdrums?" Fishlegs asked.

"Neither." Hicca answered.

Thornado was sitting on the stands of the Academy watching the progress, or rather the lack of, inside. The older Thunderdrum was contemplating on stepping in and helping, feeling a connection with the baby dragons, when he was suddenly called by his human. "Thornado! Thornado, let's go." The Thunderdrum went to the chief, deciding to let the teens find another way to handle the baby dragons.

"All right, so, uh, I guess the first thing we should do is name them." Hiccup yelled through the screeching as the baby dragons. Seriously how have the baby dragons not ran out of energy yet.

"No, first thing we need to do is to get them to shut up!" Snotlout yelled back.

Fishlegs came up with an idea. He went to one of the baskets in the Academy and took out its contents. He then called out to the baby Thunderdrums getting their attention. "Over here!" The baby Thunderdrums immediately went to him and ate the contents he offered to them. The younger dragons then landed on the ground, once again calm and docile.

"Dragon nip." Fishlegs explained to the others while holding up some dragon nip. "Old school, but effective."

"Great. But we can't have them laying around in a haze doing nothing all day." Hiccup pointed out.

"Yeah, that's what the Thorston twins are for." Snotlout said.

"Whoa, whoa, don't judge. We already did something today." Tuffnut retorted.

"Yeah." Ruffnut backed up.

"What? What did you do?" The Jorgenson boy challenged.

"What did we do? What did we do?!" Ruffnut exclaimed, before pausing for a minute. She then turned to her twin. "Uh, what did we do?"

"We named them." Tuffnut answered.

"Oh, this should be good." Raeda said, rolling her eyes as she thought of all the possible names the Thorston twins could have come up with. All of them would definitely have something to do with chaos or destruction.

"Oh, it is." Ruffnut promised as she and Tuffnut walked behind the Thunderdrums.

"Ready?" Tuffnut asked the others. "Now wait for it." He then pointed to the green Thunderdrum. "Bing!"

"Bam!" Ruffnut announced, pointing to the blue Thunderdrum.

"And... Lloyd." Tuffnut finished, pointing to the purple Thunderdrum. "You can thank us later."

"Bing, Bam and Lloyd?" Hicca questioned.

"Two out of three sensible names. That's something for the Thorston twins." Raeda muttered.

"Call me crazy, but I'm thinking there might be a more logical choice than 'Lloyd'." Fishlegs said to the blonde twins.

"Like what?" Ruffnut asked.

"Uh, Boom?" Fishlegs suggested.

"Oh, yeah, I guess that could work." Tuffnut said, though he didn't sound completely convinced. "No way. How about Darren? Sorry, Lloyd."

Hiccup decided to move on. "All right, now that that's all taken care of, let's try some actual training."

"Uh, voting is still open on the Lloyd thing, though, right? Right?" Tuffnut asked. "Okay. Okay, just checking. Darren's still on the table, though, right?"

The first step to training the Thunderdrums: Establish the bond.

Hiccup and Hicca did that with the former placing his hand on Bams' snout and the latter placing her hand on Bings' snout. Both were hesitant given the high chances of the effects of the Dragon Nip wearing off, but once they place their hands on the baby Thunderdrums' snouts, the younger dragons purred and nuzzled into their hands.

Hiccup gave a sigh of relief. "Wow, that could have gone far worse." He said to his twin.

Suddenly the effect of the Dragon Nip decided to wear off and all three baby dragons gave out a sonic roar at the auburn twins, knocking them into Fishlegs and Raeda.

You mean like that?" Fishlegs wheezed, recovering from the crash.

"Yep, exactly like that." Hiccup said in a strained voice.

"You just had to jinx us, didn't you bro." Hicca said to her twin

Step Two: Teaching basic commands

Or at least trying to.

"Stay. Stay." Astrid ordered the three Thunderdrums.

Immediately the three baby dragons started flying around the Academy once again.

"Clearly 'stay' isn't in their vocabulary." Raeda sighed.

Stormfly found the baby dragons annoying as they started flying around her. The blue Nadder retorted by shoving all three of them to the other side of the Academy as far away from her as possible.

"Well, that should teach them." Astrid said.

"No that shouldn't. Stormfly, that was harsh. They're just babies! You could have injured them!" Hicca reprimanded.

But the baby Thunderdrums were clearly okay as they got back up and went back to pestering Stormfly, causing Astrid to sigh in annoyance.

"Well, at least they're okay." Hicca said in relief.

Step Three: Target Practice.

"This is what you guys need. Something you're supposed to destroy." Snotlout explained to the three Thunderdrums, who were listening to him in curiosity. He then gestured to one of the target barrels, which have been set up for this exercise. "Hookfang, show 'em how it's done." The Monstrous Nightmare wasted no time firing at the target, getting a bullseye. Snotlout then gestured to the other three target barrels, telling the baby Thunderdrums that it was their turn. But the baby dragons were distracted and were looking elsewhere, much to Snotlouts' annoyance. "Here. Right here, Thunderdumbs. Do I need to spell it out for you? Destr-" He stopped when he noticed that the Thunderdrums were getting ready to fire their sonic blasts, but not at the targets, at him! "Oh, no!" Was all he said before he was blasted to the wall by three strong sonic blasts. "Bull's-eye." Snotlout wheezed out.

Fishlegs then stepped up with a sword in his hand. "Okay, I'm gonna show you how to disarm an attacker." He said, holding up his sword. Bing suddenly snatched his sword away from him. "Oh, my sword!" The Ingerman boy then started chasing after Bing, who then tossed the sword to Bang. It soon turned into a game of 'Keep away' as the three Thunderdrums continued to toss the sword at each other and away from Fishlegs. "Ah! What? Give me that! No, come... come on, you guys. This isn't the exercise." Fishlegs repeated as he continued to tried to catch the sword as it was tossed back and forth between the three dragons. The boy was then relieved when he saw that Meatlug caught. He thought he would finally get his sword back only to see his own dragon tossing the sword away from him and towards Lloyd/Darren/Boom. "What? You too, Meatlug?"

Step Four: See if the Thorston twins can get through to the baby dragons

"Okay, here we go. Repeat after me." Tuffnut said, before clearing his throat. He then started belching out "A. B." Surprisingly the Thunderdrums actually did as they were told.

"Hey, uh, not to be a wet blanket, but how is this helping anything?" Hiccup asked.

"How is it hurting?" Tuffnut retorted.

"He actually does have a point." Hicca admitted.

"Sadly that's the most progress we've made with these dragons all day." Raeda said.

Ruffnut then belched out the letter 'C', but instead of repeating after her, the Thunderdrums fired another sonic blast at Snotlout, throwing him to the wall.

"See? They love it!" Tuffnut said, completely oblivious.

The baby dragons, once again, flew around the Academy screaming at the top of their lungs, causing everyone else to cover their ears. "Oh, not so fast, fellas. We still have a few more exercises to work on." Hiccup yelled through the screams. Toothless voiced in his own protests. With the way the training was going since they started, the male Night Fury was definitely not eager to continue. Hiccup noticed this. "I know, pal. The word 'excruciating' comes to mind."

The Thorston twins were the only ones who didn't have a problem with the baby dragons, as the two humans continued to cheer the three dragons on.

Then suddenly, to the surprise of everyone in the Academy, Bing, Bam and Lloyd/Darren/Boom suddenly stopped screaming and landed back to the ground, looking much tamer.

"Huh, will you look at that? Finally getting through to them." Hicca said, looking at the three babies with a surprise look on her face.

Hiccup then saw Thornado walking into the Academy and put two and two together."Well, someone is." He then got an idea. "Okay, Thornado. How about a little follow the leader?" Thornado nodded and started flying around the Academy, with the three younger dragons obediently following him. It was clear that Bing, Bam and Lloyd/Darren/Boom has taken Thornado as their father figure.

"That was promising. Eh, bud?" Hiccup said to Toothless as the Thunderdrums landed.

"Yeah, I hardly recognize them." Astrid agreed.

"We can make so much more progress if we keep Thornado with us while training them." Hicca said.

But the Thorston twins weren't happy to see the baby dragons in a non-destructive state. "What did you do? You've ruined them. Oh, Lloyd! I'm so sorry, Darren."

"Thornado? Thornado!" Stoick called out, walking into the Academy. "Come now. We have chiefing to do."

Reluctantly, Thornado went to his human, hoping the others would have better luck now.

Stoick looked at the obedient-looking new dragons and seemed impressed. "Hmm. Well, that's an improvement. Well done, kids."

"Oh no." Raeda muttered as she and the others watched as the chief and the older Thunderdrum walked away.

"Well, no, Dad, it's actually..." Unfortunately Hiccup didn't explain it in time as his father and Thornado left the Academy and the baby dragons wasted no time getting rowdy again, much to the dismay of the others (except the Thorston twins).

"Oh, for the love of Thor." Hiccup sighed. His eyes then widened when he noticed the baby dragons flying towards the entrance of the Academy, which was left slightly opened by the chief. "Tuffnut, the gate!" He yelled to the Thorston boy, who was the closest to the gate.

Tuffnut nodded in understanding. "Got it." He ran to the gate as fast as he could and managed to beat the baby dragons to it. But instead of closing and locking the gate, the blonde boy actually opened it completely, allowing Bing, Bam and Lloyd/Darren/Boom to fly out.

Hiccup gave out a groan of annoyance.

"What?" Tuffnut asked, completely clueless

"Tuffnut... you were suppose to close the gate and lock it so that the baby Thunderdrums wouldn't escape!" Raeda growled, as she walked up to the male Thorston and hit him on the head.

"Okay, a little clarity next time would help." Tuffnut said, rubbing his head.

By the time the teens got on their dragons and flew to the plaza, the chaos that came in the morning came back as the baby dragons continued on their rampage.

"Oh, come on." Hiccup groaned.

"Hiccup! Hicca!" Stoick shouted as he and Thornado flew to them. "I thought you two had them under control."

"Well, I did, sort of, but..." Hiccup tried to explain, but stopped when he saw his fathers' face. "Not at all." Then Llyod/Darren/Boom flew by, firing a sonic blast at them, which they dodged. "Okay, we really didn't."

"They will only listen to Thornado." Hicca explained

"Ah, will these dragons ever quiet down?" Stoick asked.

"Sure, once they find their grown-up voice." Fishlegs answered.

"And how long will that take?" The chief asked.

"It shouldn't be more than a couple of... years." Fishlegs answered meekly

Stoick turned to glare at his kids. "We should probably go and try to stop the baby Thunderdrums." Hicca said, getting the message.

"You're absolutely right, sis." Hiccup said. The teens split up to try and stop the rampaging Thunderdrums.

The Thunderdrums flew around the plaza and a bunch of angry vikings. Barf and Belch were tailing them. "Just want you to know, we're big fans." Tuffnut called out to the Thunderdrums.

The baby Thunderdrums then took a sharp turn and that was when the Thorston twins noticed the Haddock twins flying at them at high speed in an effort to catch the Thunderdrums.

"Look out!" The Thorston twins yelled in unison. But it was too late as the two Night Furies and the Zippleback collided with one another sending them and their riders falling to the ground.

Snotlout and Hookfang managed to corner one of the Thunderdrums. "Ha ha! End of the line, Bing. Or are you Lloyd?" Snotlout asked the Thunderdrum, who was actually Bang. Said Thunderdrum then fired a sonic blast at the duo, sending them back and allowing the baby dragon to escape.

Bing flew to one of the sheep pens and started firing at the poor sheeps inside, sending them running around their pen.

"Stop right there, Bing!" Raeda shouted as she and Sparkfire flew to the pen.

"You leave those sheeps alone!" Fishlegs demanded, accompanying the Henderson girl.

The Thunderdrum decided to comply, which actually was unfortunate because it then turned its' sights on Fishlegs and Raeda. It started firing at them and their dragons.

"Never mind. I wasn't that close to them." Fishlegs said hurriedly as he and Meatlug flew to safely, leaving Raeda and Sparkfire.

"Seriously?" Raeda said to Fishlegs and Meatlugs' retreating forms before Sparfire dodged another sonic blast.

Stoick watched the chaos unfold, feeling a sense of deja vu. "Ugh, it's ridiculous. They look like Gobber wrestling a greased yak." He said. Looks like it's time for the chief to step in once again.

The baby Thunderdrum continued to race around the plaza, until they were cut-off by Astrid and Stormfly. "Don't even think about it." The blonde girl warned.

Stoick looked to his kids who were flying towards him along with the other teens and their dragons. "Remember how you said I wouldn't be sorry?" Stoick reminded his kids.

"This is outrageous!" One viking man said in the background, reminding the chief the numerous complaints he will receive from his people thanks to the Thunderdrum trio.

"Uh, yes?" Hiccup answered meekly.

"Well, I'm officially sorry." Stoick said. "You need to find those dragons a new home, kids. The Thunderdrums have to go."

The auburn twins sighed. Both knew very well that any protest they could give would be overpowered by the sight of the massive damages in the village.

The dragon riders and dragons brought the three Thunderdrums to Dragons Island, their new home. "Okay. Bing, Bam, and Boom, welcome to your new home: Dragon island!" Hicca said to the baby dragons. "You're gonna love it here. Plenty of room."

"Lots of new dragons to annoy... I mean, meet." Hiccup said. "You know, here, you can be as loud as you want. It'll be great."

The baby dragons looked up at the teens in confusion, trying to figure out what was going on and why they came to this island.

"Whoa. This is kinda sad." Ruffnut said, looking sadly at the three baby Thunderdrums.

"Yeah. Reminds me of the time our parents took Sam, our pet yak, out to that farm to live." Tuffnut said, also sad.

"Yeah, I would have cried all night... except for those delicious yak steaks we had for dinner." Ruffnut said, suddenly perking up at that memory.

Tuffnut also perked up. "Oh, nothing better. And to eat them in those soft yak jackets."

"Do you think we should tell them." Raeda whispered to Hicca.

"Don't, there's enough sadness here already." Hicca whispered back.

Snotlout on the other hand didn't feel sad at the departure. "Okay, great. Check you later." With that, he got on Hookfang and flew off. The other teens except for Hiccup and Hicca, got on their dragons and flew off as well.

"Bye Bing, Bam and Boom. I'm definitely going to miss you. Midnight and I will come and visit." Hicca said to the baby dragons before she and her twin got on their dragons and flew off to join the others.

The Thunderdrums watched as the humans and older dragons flew away, wondering where they were going.

Hiccup looked back at Dragon Island. "They'll be happy there. They'll love it." He said to the others, though he was more trying to reassure himself.

"What's not to love? It's an island full of dragons." Fishlegs agreed.

"They will definitely make a lot of friends there." Raeda chimed in.

"And, I mean, like Hicca said, we can come visit them, right?" Hiccup asked.

"Sure, but they won't be there." Tuffnut said nonchalantly.

"Why not?" Hicca asked.

"'Cause they're right behind you." Ruffnut answered, pointing with her thumb.

Hiccup and the others looked and saw that the three baby Thunderdrums were indeed right behind them. "What?" Hiccup asked in disbelief. "Oh, great. What do we do now?"

"I'll tell you what we do. We ditch 'em!" Snotlout said. He then steered Hookfang back to Dragon Island with the baby dragons following him. Snotlout and Hookfang then found an entrance of a cave on the island and flew into it, the Thunderdrum trio not far behind. After a bit of maneuvering, the boy and Nightmare emerged out of another tunnel of the cave and quickly rejoined the others.

Snotlout smirked as he saw that none of the baby dragons followed them. "We did it, Hookfang. Stupid baby dragons." However he was soon proven wrong when Bing, Bam and Lloyd/Darren/Boom appeared right in front of him. "Oh, no." The Thunderdrum trio fired another sonic blast at Snotlout, knocking him off Hookfang and sending him to freefall into the ocean.

Hookfang, however, didn't seem to noticed that his rider fell off.

"Uh, Hookfang?" Hiccup called to the Monstrous Nightmare.

"Hookfang!" Snotlout yelled from below. The Monstrous Nightmare finally noticed his rider falling and flew down to save him.

"Wow. That was fun. Let's try Snotlout's plan again." Astrid said, actually enjoying the last part of Snotlouts' failed plan.

Hiccup and Astrid flew back to Dragon Island with the Thunderdrum trio following and soon distracted the younger dragons by gathering a pile of fish to eat. The baby Thunderdrums were all too eager to eat all the delicious fish given to them.

"I think this might be our chance to go." Hiccup said to Astrid.

"Yeah, and I say we take the long way home this time, so they don't follow us." Astrid suggested.

Hiccup and Astrid quickly got on their dragons and rejoined the others as they took the long way back to Berk. Throughout the whole journey, everyone was on high alert, looking any signs of the Thunderdrum trio around and satisfied to find none. They made it back, happy that the Thunderdrums finally stayed put on Dragon Island, only to be met with Chief Stoicks' stern look. The chief gestured to the ground, which was inhabited by three baby Thunderdrums!

Hiccups' eyes widened in shock at what he was seeing. "Oh, what... I just... are you... how?" He stammered.

"Looks like these guys remembered the way back to Berk." Hicca said.

Stoick sighed. "Never mind. It looks like Thornado and I are gonna have to give you dragon training geniuses a hand."

This time, Hiccup, Hicca, Stoick, and Fishlegs took their dragons and the baby Thunderdrum to Dragon Island.

"I hope this works." Hiccup said.

"Thornado has a way with them. It'll work." Stoick reassured with confidence.

Bing started to stray from the group, but Thornado noticed and immediately roared at the younger dragon to fly back, which it did immediately.

"Attaboy, Thornado." Stoick praised. "Sometimes you need to show teenagers a little tough love. That's right, I said it." He directed the last sentence to his kids,

"Dad, their babies, not teenagers." Hicca said., while her brother rolled his eyes.

The group made it back to Dragon Island "Okay, so this is it." Hiccup said, turning to the Thunderdrum trio. "Listen, guys, Berk just isn't the island for you. There's too many Vikings and not enough places for you guys to play."

The baby Thunderdrums started whimpering as they finally caught onto what was going on.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. Stop making that whimper sound. Don't make this any harder than it already is." Hiccup pleaded.

Unable to stand the baby dragons sad eyes and their whimpering, Hicca caved in. "Maybe we can work out another way for them to be on Berk!" She said before going to comfort the Thunderdrum trio.

Stoick stopped her, before she could. "Let's let Thornado have a word with them."

The older Thunderdrum stepped in and gave out a roar. The younger Thunderdrums stopped whimpering but were still looking sad.

"Well, that's done. Put that in the Book of Dragons." Stoick said to his kids as he got on Thornado. "Thornado, back to Berk." Reluctantly Hicca, Hiccup and Fishlegs got on their dragons and followed the chief. As they flew away from the island, the auburn twins couldn't help but give one last glance behind them.

"Don't look back, kids. Remember, tough love." Stoick advised.

Then as if sensing something, Thornado suddenly stopped and turned around back to Dragon Island. Confused the others turned to see what the blue Thunderdrum was looking at a were shocked to find that Bing, Bang and Lloyd/Darren/Boom were now surrounded by wild dragons, and none of them looked friendly as they growled at the baby dragons, causing them to cringe in fear.

"Looks like they might not be welcome on Dragon island either." Hiccup said.

"Maybe that's why we found them out on the sea stacks to begin with." Fishlegs surmised. "Oh, they were probably chased there."

"And that's why they kept coming back to Berk." Hicca added.

"Well, I guess we're not gonna let any wild dragons bully our boys, are we?" Stoick said to Thornado before they both flew in to the Thunderdrum trios rescue.

"Tough love, huh?" Hiccup said before he and the others followed. The poor Thunderdrum trio kept getting harassed by different dragons no matter where they flew off to. They tried to fired a few sonic blasts, but they had no lasting effect against the much older dragons. Just as a Monstrous Nightmare started advancing on them, Hiccup, Hicca, Midnight and Toothless swooped in. "Okay, bud, light 'em up." Hiccup ordered.

"Fire, girl!" Hicca ordered.

Both Night Furies fired plasma blasts after plasma blasts at the Nightmare, until it flew away in defeat.

A Deadly Nadder was about to fly in and attack when it got intercepted by Fishlegs and Meatlug. The Gronckle fired lava blasts at the Deadly Nadder, making it back away as well. "Yay, team." Fishlegs cheered to Hicca and Hiccup.

Seeing the dragons and teens coming in to defend the baby Thunderdrums made some of the older dragons back off, but not all. A Hideous Zippleback was about to fire at the group when a loud voice called to them.

"Hey, you two!" The Zippleback turned to see Stoick and Thornado just before the Thunderdrum fired a strong sonic blast at it, making it fly away. Stoick looked around and saw that there were still quite a few wild dragons left who weren't ready to give up.

Thornado then growled to the baby Thunderdrum who nodded back.

"Hiccup, Fishlegs, Hicca!" Stoick called out to the teens, sensing what the Thunderdrums are planning to do. The three teens and their dragons caught on as well because they covered their ears just before the four Thunderdrums let out powerful sonic blasts at the rest of the wild dragons, sending them all flying away.

"Whew, sure taught those wild dragons a lesson." Hiccup said with satisfaction.

"Yeah, this time." Fishlegs pointed out.

"Fishlegs is right. If we leave now, there will be no one to protect these baby dragons from the wild dragons and we can't take them with us. What do we do?" Hicca asked.

Stoick was silent as the teens tried to come up with an idea. As he watch the baby dragons nuzzle Thornado to show their appreciation, the chief knew that there was only one decision he could make. Without a word, Stoick got off Thornado and started to unbuckle the saddle.

Hiccup paused in his thinking when he noticed this. "Dad? Are you... okay?"

"Yes, son. I think we both know what we have to do, don't we, Thornado?" Stoick said sadly. He knew things wouldn't be the same without Thornado by his side, but he also knew that this was the right decision to make.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Hicca asked.

"I'm setting Thornado free. Do what any chief would do in this situation. Or any father." Stoick said, looking at his kids before looking back to his dragon. "These boys won't survive without you. Right now, they need you more than I do." Thornado gave his human a sad look as he nuzzled his snout into his palm. "Ah, I understand. I'd do the same thing. It doesn't mean I won't miss you." Stoick said, rubbing Thornados' snout. He then got up and went to sit with Hiccup on Toothless, signaling the others that it was time to leave. "Take care of your new family." With that the humans and dragons took off as the Thunderdrums stood and watched.

It was a silent during the flight, Stoick wasn't in the mood to start any conversation and the teens didn't know what they should say to the chief.

Hicca finally decided to break the silence. "Listen dad." Stoick look to his daughter. "I know it's difficult, to say goodbye. It's how we felt when we had to say goodbye to the baby Night Furies." She said gesturing to herself, Midnight, Hiccup and Toothless, who all nodded in agreement. "Just know this; if you love someone you set them free and one day fate will bring you both back together."

"Hicca's right, Dad. I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of Thornado and the baby Thunderdrums. And you definitely did the right thing." Hiccup agreed.

Stoick gave his kids a small smile and looked back to Dragon Island which was disappearing from view. "Good-bye, old friend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854K 16.8K 29
They all thought Hiccup was dead. Stoick blamed Astrid, and when Drago threatens the Archipelago with his dragon army, her fate will be in the hands...
68.1K 1K 19
Part 1: Hiccup runs away with Toothless when Gobber announces that he will be killing the Monstrous Nightmare. Three years later, he flys back to Ber...
34.4K 821 41
Just after everything seemed like it was going to work out on the island of Berk, things start to shake up again. The dragons are still acting wild...
22.5K 800 46
Hiccups left Berk... again. After a grueling battle with the Red Death, Hiccup who is now missing a leg, leaves Berk to go fight against a returning...