Nap Queen

Da _ItsMaiya_

Charming and elusive Evie Walker is certifiably the cutest girl at Somerset High, yet there is something off... Altro

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
That's it people!
Rose King
Other Projects

Nineteen

50.1K 1.8K 585
Da _ItsMaiya_

After the first week of Evie being gone I was restless. 

I thought Mia was kidding when she said Evie wouldn't be coming back, but as the second week drew on she began walking into class glancing at Evie's empty seat and sighing before opening her book. 

I still hated Evie right? 

The kiss meant nothing.

Except that I hadn't hooked up with any of my usual girls since, not wanting to lose the phantom feel of her lips on mine. 

Except that I was fighting almost every night these days to get her out of my head, hoping that she was okay then imagining the worst and earning some cash for my destructive thoughts.

Except that Sam says I've started talking in my sleep, and I look exhausted.

Except that Asher will no longer even look at me when I bring her up.

Except I decided it would be a good fucking idea to ask Mia how she was doing, I'd just ask once I said. I just needed to know she was okay, anything to soothe the batshit craziness that came over me when I thought of never seeing her again. Only to be met with a glare and a:

"I don't know Liam, we aren't allowed to see her she's still in the hospital."

Except then I asked again the next day:

"Brandon says she's out of danger."

Then again the next day:

"Why do you even care, go fuck one of your whores!"

Then again:

"She's not coming back, just let her be."

Until finally I overheard her on the phone with one of their friends today:

"Really? She's being discharged?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Are you serious!?"

"Of course!"

"Say hi for me."

Evie was coming home. She was going to be okay. The biggest feeling of relief came over me as a weight was lifted I could go see her....

I won't though. 

The kiss meant nothing.

***

Brandon had made a cute sign for Mia. According to him since the Snow Ball was this weekend     ( or Snoco as people had been calling it) most of the asks had been last week. He was nervous.

Lauren assembled the cheerleaders in the hallway outside English and would wait with them until I gave the signal. First I was going in to surprise Mia that I was being allowed to continue to go to school. Then Camille would come in and get the whole proposal on video.

I walk into Mrs. Baker's classroom and a hush falls. 

Until Mia screams.

"Evie! I'm so beyond glad you're back."

"I'm happy to be back." I laugh. I take the moment we embrace to look at my table. 

Liam isn't there. I pretend like it doesn't bother me.

"I'm not your only surprise!" I say loudly and dramatically. Mrs. Baker looks at Mia fondly as Camille comes in with her camera, we'd asked her if it was okay to ask Mia today before hand.

The door bursts open and the Varsity cheer squad led by Lauren makes an open tunnel with their pom poms. Then the funny part:

Ollie runs out in his lacrosse jersey and a tutu. Boston runs out in the same. 

"2,4,6,8! 2,4,6,8!" They chant over and over while doing a funny dance. Mia's face is split with a huge smile.

The class gathers round with Snapchat open and Instagram stories ready for the historic moment when the Captain of the Lacrosse team asks the Co-Captain of the Varsity cheer squad to the Snow Ball.

Brandon runs out in his jersey with a giant sign that reads:

SNOWCO?? 

The boys finish altogether chanting "2,4,6,8 will you be his date?"

Mia laughs and laughs clapping her hands with joy. I'm ecstatic for her as well. The bustle dies down as Brandon waits for her answer. 

"Of course!" She giggles and runs to give him a hug. Everyone claps and the atmosphere is positive as the cast and crew of the ordeal take their leave. Not before Brandon takes his jersey off and gives it to her though. 

Mia takes it and turns to face me giving a silent scream and doing a happy dance. I give her a final hug and help her get it over her head. It's giant on her.

"Alright class settle down!" Mrs. Baker pleads. We do. I wink at Mia and then go sit at my table. 

Despite the happy feeling in the air, I am now more than ever acutely aware of how much I miss Liam and his inquisitive stares out the window and his snappy, smart replies to Mrs. Baker when she tries to catch him.

Or I thought I missed him until he walks through the door.

His eyes land on me, they widen and he visibly breathes a breathe of relief but then he adopts a cool attitude. Stalking over he slumps into his chair and immediately turns out the window. My face burns. How stupid was I? How could I think he liked it? He could get any girl he wanted, he only kissed me because he was being chased. I think I'm about to cry when he leans back on two chair legs and pretends not to notice me. I curl in on myself and deflate. 

With ten minutes left in class I don't think I can feel anymore shame when he leans down and moves his mouth next to my ear. 

"Fight with me." He says. I'm puzzled.

"Yell at me." He clarifies.

"Stop Liam." I hesitate with a slightly raised voice. Mia looks at me curiously.

"No, fuck you. I told you to leave me alone." He shouts. My cheeks flame as the class turns to look at our interruption.

"I hate your constant rocking back and forth! Why can't you just put your chair down and listen." I yell.

"I hate your constant highlighting! Keep your arm still and stop already!" He stands.

I stand too. 

"You're impossible!" 

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"Mr. Davis and Ms. Walker!" Mrs. Baker says finally. "What do you think you are doing disrupting class like this! Detention after school both of you!"

We sit. I'm taken aback. I don't know what I thought would happen, but Liam pretty much just told me to walk into a cage and lock myself in and I did. Detention? I turn to glare at him but he's looking out the window again.

The bell rings and everyone stands to leave. Liam leans down.

"See you in detention, Princess." he whispers.

Then he bites my ear!

I shiver. My first day back and he's already got me under his spell. 

I can only sit for a moment until Mia comes up at tells me we have to go.

All the morning's events were making me drowsy so I stop by my locker to quickly get my smelling salts, they wake me up quickly and I'm ready to go. 

The walk to Chemistry is interesting though. I hear things along the lines of:

Asher Klein and Camille Collins who knew?

They were walking to second together.

He hugged her goodbye!

10 bucks says they go to snowco together

They were so cute!

I guess a lot happened between them while I was in the hospital. I know there wasn't a lot of time to talk this morning when Camille was videoing the ask, but I'm a little hurt she didn't tell me. Hearing Asher's name made me miss him and Audrey Rose as well.

I'd have to ask if I can visit, and if him and Camille are... a thing.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

54.9K 1.6K 51
Rosalie Murdock finds her biological family a year after her parent's death. She's in a new town where everywhere she goes, she has to act differentl...
36.4K 1.1K 34
Abby and Liam reunite and begin their lives together.
991K 88K 39
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
1.5M 19.6K 25
Sarah Mathews is a regular 16 year old junior in high school who has the perfect life. A loving mother, amazing brother and a father that loves her m...