Strangers || j.h.

Od rowdysgirlxo

"What we feel started way before we ever touched..." -cover created by @mahgahdahling Viac

intro
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
sequel

chapter twenty-four

8.7K 93 32
Od rowdysgirlxo

"Ow! Peyton, you know that's attached to my head??" Alex whined as I pulled him out the back door by his ear.

"Start explaining." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Some of the guys told Jack you're too close to Trevor, and I guess he's starting to believe it." He explained.

"That's ridiculous, you told him that's ridiculous right?"

"Well...."

"Oh my god, Alex!"

"I wanted to! I probably could have worded it differently though." He said and I scoffed. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"Peyton!" My mom called. "Come on, desert is out."

"Come on." Alex slung his arm over my shoulder.

The rest of breakfast was rather quick and for someone who was mad at me and his best friend Jack sure could act. My family was eating out of the palm of his hand. When people started to clear out my parents gave me the all clear to go home and my friends as well. As I was searching for my brothers I caught Jack trying to leave out of the corner of my eye.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Trevor asked me.

"Almost." I said, grabbing his hand and running to the door and grabbing Jack's.

I pulled the two of them out to the pier where Alex and I had talked earlier.

"Okay. I'm only gonna say this one more time. Trevor and I, are just friends." I said.

"Wait what?" Trevor said. "Since when was that up for question?"

"It's not. You're dumb teammates keep putting ideas in his head and evidently he doesn't trust either of us very much." I said.

"Hey, that's not true." Jack spoke up.

"Then why do you believe them?" I asked.

"Because Trev's a better guy than me." He said. "I feel like I'm just waiting for you to realize."

"Jack, come on dude." Trevor said.

"No seriously, ya know who wasn't two hours late to your family breakfast? Trevor. He didn't sleep through his alarm, hell he powered through a monster hangover to get here for you."

"You made a mistake? It's not the end of the world." I said. "Trev, can we have a minute alone?"

"Yeah, I'll go start the car." Trevor said.

"I trust you." Jack said.

"Funny way of showing it. " I said. "Jack, I love you. You have to believe me."

"I do believe you, I do. I just--" He paused. "I can't lose you and I can't help but freak out at the thought of you being with my best friend. I know we've only been together a month but, you mean everything to me."

"You too, and that's why you're not gonna lose me." I said.

"Peyton, before I even knew how I felt about you. You and I both knew there was something here. Way before we ever touched, I knew you from the second you skated up to me in that rink. You have to be it for me, and that definitely sounds crazy but if you're not I'm not meant to find anyone. If it is not written out for me to end up with you then it is written for me to be alone because I will never love someone the way that I love you. That's why I freak out about Trevor and why I didn't tell you about Chelsea. I am so scared that you are going to realize that Trevor is a better guy than me or that you don't love me anymore." Jack rambled.

"Hey," I said, running my fingers through his hair. "How could I ever not love you anymore?"

He smiled lightly and dropped his head.

"I'm so sorry I was late." He said.

"It's okay." I told him. "Now, I don't know about you but I could use a nap before the party tonight." I said.

"I will meet you at your house in 25, I'll just stop home and get my costume for tonight." Jack said.

"Sounds good baby." I kissed him. "Hey, I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled.

I jogged out to my car where Trevor and my brothers were waiting.

"Everything good with you and Rowdy?" Trevor asked.

"Yep." I smiled.

"Good, let's get you home." T grinned.

Once we arrived at my house, Alex was waiting for Trevor and they went home. I changed into some sweats and took off my makeup just as Jack arrived in shorts and his USA hockey sweatshirt with the captains C on his shoulder.

"You know you're quite literally Captain America," I smiled as he dropped his bag on my bedroom floor.

"Well I guess it's a good thing you have a thing for Chris Evans." Jack smiled.

"Eh, I have a bigger thing for hockey players named Jack Hughes." I smiled.

"Oh really?" He giggled, wrapping his arms around me before kissing me.

Jack and I laid on my bed, my head on his chest and I soon drifted peacefully off to sleep to the sound of his steady heart beat.

~

"You gotta wake her up or we're gonna be late." Alex's voice stirred me from my slumber.

"Come on, look how cute she is." Jack said. "We'll meet you guys there."

"If we roll up without you guys we're gonna look stupid. We all match." Trevor said.

"They're right." I said.

"Sorry baby," Jack said.

"No it's okay." I stretched.

Once I pulled myself up and began getting ready I noticed the boys were dressed in their Tree Hill Ravens uniforms.

"You are so cute." I gushed at them.

"Oh stop it, I'm blushing." Alex said.

I finished painting my little R on my face and grabbed my uniform before heading to the bathroom to change. After I was dressed I curled my hair losely and tossed it around before exiting the bathroom to find the boys throwing a basketball around.

"Hey! Don't go breaking shit in my room." I said.

"Damn, you shoulda been a cheerleader." Trevor said, earning a smack from everyone in the room. "Damn, I was kidding!" He laughed, grabbing the basketball and walking out with Alex.

"He's not wrong." Jack said.

"Mhm" I hummed, grabbing my pom poms. "Go Ravens, am I right?"

"You better kiss me right now." Jack smiled.

"Or what?" I laughed.

"Or I might faint! Feeling light headed! Oh, I'm going down."

"Big baby!" I laughed, kissing him quickly.

"Phew, that was a close one." Jack grinned.

"Let's go!" Alex yelled.

"Relax!" Jack yelled back.

jackhughes_
Always.
Tagged: peytoncane
3.2k likes | 342 comments

peytoncane: and forever <33

peytoncane: i love you captain america

trevorzegras: Ya cute or whateva

marleyjones: i cry

_alexturcotte: I think Jack should have played basketball instead.

a/n
okay hi, sorry i hate doing these but i just wanted to explain that over the next few chapters we will be jumping all throughout the school year because this story will be coming to an end soon! so were going to cover all the key components of senior year but its very important to the ending of the book that i have planned to get to the end of senior year, hope you guys are enjoying strangers!! also, check out my new story, critical!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

125K 913 43
"It's just a kiss right?" "Unless you want it to be more." {Afterglow Book Two}
19.9K 556 13
Amelia just moved to Jasper, Nevada. She is forced to move place to place because of her powers. Optimus Prime leader of the Autobot's lost his daugh...
12.1K 142 16
zoey has always been the devils number one fan. one day, she went to one of their games and her life changed forever. #104 in #hockey #13 in #viral
175K 2.9K 45
Teagan was used to guys flirting with her in bars. She was used to flirting right back. At first, it seemed like Trevor was going to be no different...