Game Over

By lafayettesgurl

Ezra Lewis hated exactly four things in the world. Bananas. Cheap toilet paper. Riverdale. And Kody Vince... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Announcement
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six-Part One
Chapter Forty Six- Part Two
Chapter Forty Seven
Epilogue
Bonus

Chapter Twenty Seven

90.6K 2.8K 1.2K
By lafayettesgurl

Kody tailed me for the rest of the week. Basically everywhere I went, he went. We went shopping, to the nail salon, out to eat, and to doctors appointments.

The crazy thing was...it wasn't that bad.

It was nice to have somebody to talk to and laugh with all the time. He kept me entertained in situations that would normally be boring for me. And I was an adult with a healthy sex life so the quick lustful looks he sent my way occasionally, didn't hurt.

It was just the reasoning behind his actions that annoyed me.

"Maybe you should ask for some space." Macy said as she fluffed the pillows around my brand new sofa.

I had officially moved into my studio and was throwing a small housewarming party. It was supposed to start at two and I was freaking out.

"I don't really want space." I said filling a bowl with chips. "And I know that it's stupid of me to be getting so...dependent on him."

Macy shook her head. "I don't think so. It's not like you rely on him. It's not a crime to like spending time with him. Cut yourself some slack babe."

I nodded. I had invited Kody to my party. Mostly because I had invited King and Sin. I had grown close with the pair since I spent so much time with Kody.

"So how's it going with the new recruit?" I asked.

Stella wanted to replace me quickly, so she was looking for an emergency pledge. It was a big deal because the girl would have to go through hazing by herself.

Macy groaned. "I can't handle any of the girls Stella is considering. Maybe Rory will join once she transfers. "

I laughed. Rory and Macy had become fast friends when we'd gone to dinner on her last day in Winterbrook.

"Stella would destroy her. And then Sin would destroy Stella."

I wasn't exaggerating. Spending time with them made me woozy. The way he looked at her like he would happily take a bullet for her unnerved me. I definitely wasn't ready for that kind of love.

Macy shrugged in agreement. "I might take Jamie up on his offer."

I paused, turning to her and raising a brow. "To move in with him?"

Again she shrugged, all of a sudden becoming very interested my pillows. "Yeah, it's not so crazy. We've been together a year."

I nodded. I thought it was a good idea. However, I could understand where Macy's fear was coming from. Living together changed people and she and Jamie had a really good thing going.

I could see why she wouldn't want to risk that.

"Stella's going to murder us." I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

She laughed."she shouldn't be so insufferable."

We chatted as we prepared my place. Since it was a small place only a small amount of people were invited.

That included King, Sin and Kody along with Alan,Brett and Jaxon.

From Zeta Phi, only Uriah was coming.

I had thought long and hard about having Jaxon and Kody in the same room. However, Jaxon and I were on really good terms. Plus, we'd been best friends before we tried dating and honestly I wanted my friend back.

I just hoped he didn't say anything stupid in front of Kody that would result in tension.

Uriah showed up first, carting a spice rack topped with a bright red bow.

"I've had your cooking." She said when I greeted her. "Use the spices."

I pursed my lips deciding if I should laugh or be offended. Deciding to be amused, I sent her a smile before inviting her in and offering her a drink.

"This is a nice place." She said looking around. "It must be breaking the pockets pretty bad."

I simply shrugged not wanting to get into the whole price conversation again.

We sat on the couch and she gave us the gossip on Stella's recruiting process.

"I feel bad for you." She said to Macy. "Stella's basically looking for her mini me."

Macy smiled bright. "Well, I hope she finds her."

Jamie arrived next with Brett and Alan. Jamie brought me a door mat and Alan and Brett brought me a sack of weed. I quickly stashed that at the top of one of my cabinets.

For the next twenty minutes I watched Brett and Alan both shamelessly hit on Uriah while Jamie and Macy flirted.

I prayed that Kody and Jaxon didn't show up at the same time.

"Out of all the girls in that sorority, you're definitely the hottest." Brett said lifting his annoying sunglasses to rest on the top of his head.

Uriah rolled her eyes. "I'm sure you said the same thing to Ezra. And Macy. "

Now Alan laughed, "Yeah right. Ezra wishes she had your bone structure."

They actually had gave me the same line, but I didn't step on their game.

"And Macy is practically our sister." Brett finished even though he had absolutely no relation to Macy or Jamie.

Uriah shook her head. "Sorry, kids. Not gonna happen."

Their grumbles were cut short by the knock on my door.

"That's the bell kids." Macy said with a wide grin. "The betting tables are closed. Now we wait and see what Kody's going to do to Jaxon. Strangling is still the best bet with three to one odds. "

Jamie sent me a guilty look. "I've got fifteen on a swift punch in the face." He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes hurrying to the door. I let out a breath of relief when I saw King through the peep hole.

"You made it." I said with a wide genuine smile. He had grown on me, not gonna lie.

He looked offended. "I said I would, here." He shoved a dish in my hand. "My mom made it." He kisses the tips of his fingers imitating a chefs kiss.

"If you're done flirting with Cap's girl." Sin said from behind him, pushing him back.

King rolled his eyes. "I actually wasn't. And since you want to get violent I'm going to spill your secret." He smiled mischievously. "Sin bought you a candle. He was too embarrassed to give it to you though."

When Sin's face turned red I couldn't help but laugh. "What kind of candle?" I joked.

He glared at King awkwardly scarring the back of his neck. "I don't know, Rory picked it out, it's in the car."

Fucking adorable.

"Thanks Sin, King. Come in."

I didn't ask the obvious question about Kody's whereabouts. Instead I put Karaoke on my tv and poured drinks down my guests throats so they could entertain me.

I was grabbing ice from the freezer when I felt his hands wrapped around my waist.

I had to tighten my hands on the ice tray so that I wouldn't drop it and embarrass myself.

He spun me around and the tray was smashed between both of our torsos.

"You got them drunk quick, Lewis."

I didn't know where this flirtatiousness was coming from all of a sudden, but I played along

I tilted my head to the side. "You're late, and empty handed."

He raised a brow. "Not empty handed." He pointed to an item resting on the counter.

It was a small potted plan, two sunflowers sprouted happily from the top of the soil.

I had given Kody a spending cap to keep him from buying something extraordinary and he'd knocked it out of the park.

"Oh my gosh, it's perfect." I mumbled. When he grinned I narrowed my eyes at him. "Who the hell are you Vincent?"

He was the most confusing guy I'd ever encountered. Whenever I thought I had him pegged, he did a complete 180.

"Want to find out?" He was staring at me now, intensely.

I sighed. This whole situation was draining and I could feel myself slowly slipping. I didn't have the common sense to get a grip.

"I honestly don't know."

As if he expected the answer, he nodded. "Well, let me know when you do. I bought you another gift."

He opened his palm revealing a pink bottle of pepper spray.

I laughed. "There he is. "
***************

Guys, I apologize. You all know Christmas is right around the corner and I work at Amazon so they are not giving me any days off.

I'm writing on the bus ride home.

Pray for me.

Also, I'm low key over Ed Sheeran and am now in love with David Dobrik. *Update now Lafayette (Daveed Diggs)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2M 394K 48
Colby hated one guy and one guy only. This guy stole his chance to become captain of the football team, mocks him in front of the team and -the cherr...
155K 4K 35
"So here I am, bawling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like...
2.6K 126 28
*featured on the official Wattpad Beauty profile* Being a normal teen was never really on the agenda anyway... At only sixteen, Zuri finds herself pr...
2.7K 227 56
(So there are some cringe moments in this book when I look back at it so if you go ahead and read this please ignore them😃) "So, what are the other...