Sonadow Oneshots book 2

Від Cookieslikesmilk345

Yep, book 2 of my original one-shots. Art is not mine All characters, unless strictly or explicitly mentioned... Більше

Experiment Gone Right
The Zombhog
My Blue Angel
Tonight
Bonus bit for the Oneshot Tonight
When Sonic was There
Flower Prince
Porcelain Doll
Request for Oneshots are open!
Little Zombie Heart
A Christmas Delight!
A Secret for Two (1/3)
Hand Holding
The Demon King's Lover
Meeting The Fathers-in-Law
Final Wish
The WolfWalker Mobian

Cₕₐₒₛ ₕₐₛ ₐ Bᵣₒₜₕₑᵣ!?

972 21 10
Від Cookieslikesmilk345

// Sorry for the short one. I can't always make long-ass ones since over time, it becomes a drag and then I gotta start another before continuing on the long one.

Edit: I made that A/N so long ago and you can see what happened to my " Short Story " now, can you? It's over 7,000 words, that's how many words I typed. 

What if?

A question that has certainly been on everyone's minds before.

What if this happened?

What if that happened?

It's usually how Tv shows, books, movies, furniture, etc. are made. It's how society is made. But sometimes people don't think of certain what-ifs, what-ifs that just don't come into mind. The what-ifs that make people go ' but that possibly couldn't happen because of whatever reason '. That was the case for Sonic the hedgehog, the hero of Mobius. He was afraid of water, everyone knew that, but a certain what if came into a certain fox's mind before. He's seen something so... incredible that made him think of this what-if.

What if Sonic... wasn't actually scared of water, but a being seemingly made of water.

Tails knew that if he told anyone of this what-if, they would laugh in his face and tell him he was absolutely crazy. But the fox had seen this event before his baby blue eyes. The kit was curious about where Sonic goes every night, and so one day, he follows the blue hedgehog in secret. What he saw blew his mind, he didn't know how to even describe the event. It was like... It was like Sonic was some sort of god or something. Tails didn't know how to explain it properly. He laid in bed, staring at the ceiling, rarely blinking while lost in his thoughts. He was well aware that it was 1:05 pm, and he probably should make himself a nice brunch but he didn't want to get up. There was a soft rapping on his door, which made his ears turn towards the source of it: the door.

He knew he had to get it, after all, it was Sonic who was knocking. Who else would it be? He only lived with one blue hedgehog with amazing speeds and an apparent crazier secret. Sitting up on the bed, he remembered what he had seen earlier before the sun rose. How was he going to face his brother who he had seen change before his very eyes? The fox kit didn't know. Yes, he was a genius, but that didn't mean he always had the answers. Opening his door, he saw Sonic with a concerned smile on his face. A sandwich on the plate he's holding.

" Hey buddy, you okay? You've been in your room all morning and you haven't eaten anything. "

Tails faked a smile and softly grabs the plate from him.

" Yeah, I was just thinking. Thanks for the food. "

Sonic smiles and knows to not ask any more questions. He goes back downstairs and leaves the house for probably a run. Sitting on his bed while he eats his sandwich, he suddenly chokes when he gets an idea.

At that moment, Knuckles the echidna had an annoying yet beautiful albino bat trying to get the Master Emerald while her partner stood, glaring at him. Her partner is an ebony hedgehog with red stripes, he screamed edge while right next to him was an ex-eggbot. These three made up Team Dark, and apparently, the commander sent them to angel island to do something. Now it was just Rouge, the bat, trying to steal away the Master Emerald from the echidna.

" Will you stop that! "

" Nope! I want it, honey~ "

Knuckles grumbled before spotting the tornado in the distance. Finally, someone with the same sense as him. Ruby eyes from the ebony hedgehog followed where amethyst eyes laid themselves upon. A plane landed nearby as Omega puts his guard up but is immediately told to back down. Tails come out of the clearing as Knuckles goes over to greet the kit.

" Hey Tails, what's up? "

" Oh hey, Knuckles! Uh, why is Rouge, Shadow, and Omega here? "

The echidna turned to the group and glared at the bat who was currently trying to steal the Master Emerald away.

" They say they're on a mission, which happens to be here on Angel Island but apparently ROUGE wants to TAKE THE MASTER EMERALD. "

When Knuckles yelled, he would turn in the bat's direction. Tails just nod.

" Well, may I explore the caves with the echidna drawings on them? "

" Yeah, just don't touch them, kay? "

The echidna ruffles the fox's bangs. The whole conversation felt awkward since Shadow, the ebony hedgehog, had stared at them the whole time. Tails shook it off as he could hear Shadow yell at Rouge to stop bothering Knuckles. The fox made his way to the caves and went into them, hoping to find something that connects to his what if. He looks in awe at the paintings before hearing the footsteps of others.

" So this is where the Commander wanted us to be, huh? "

" Of course, but I do have a question for you, fox. "

Tails stiffened when Shadow aimed his comment towards him. Is this how Sonic felt sometimes when he accidentally runs into the ebony hedgehog? He wouldn't even know.

" Yes, Shadow? "

" What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be making machines for Sonic or something? "

He had to come up with a lie and on the spot. One where Shadow wouldn't question him at all. But how would he do-

" Hey guys, I got Big to watch the Master Emerald so now I can be your translator for the paintings. "

Thank Chaos that Knuckles came here on time. Then, the realization hit the fox-like a bullet from a gun.

" Hey Knuckles, is there anything about Chaos? "

Knuckles makes a hmm and points a little down in the cave. Tails and Team Dark follow the direction of the gloved hand as the echidna led them deeper into the cave and stopped. Turning on his flashlight, Tails shines it on the painting, which depicts Chaos watching the chaos and Master Emerald while another being similar to him played and danced with the chaos.

" It wasn't always Chaos who had guarded the Master Emerald and chaos. Some believed the other being was like a sibling to Chaos. They were different in many ways, but there were similarities between them. My people never gave him a name, because very few ever saw him at all. But when they did meet him, they said he was as playful as the chao themselves and was like a mobian trapped in a god's body. "

Tails stared at the drawing of the sibling of Chaos. He looked to be a blue echidna dancing with chaos. The fox kit then looks up to the echidna with curiosity.

" What happened? "

" What supposedly happened was that when Chaos was sealed in the Master Emerald, the god became depressed, and was never seen again in the Chao gardens. He completely disappeared and wasn't to be seen again. The end.
"

The echidna chuckles at his own joke. Shadow scoffs.

" Did this God even exist? That sounds like make-believe to me. "

Shadow and Knuckles start to argue, as the bat walks over to the young fox.

" Those two hotheads. I think Shadow forgot we're supposed to gather information on ' Chaos' brother ' since G.U.N scientists think he's reincarnated somehow. "

Tails looked at her with a look of interest and dread at the same time. Could Sonic really be...

" Oh really, who? "

" They think it's Sonic, but he's such a scaredy-cat when it comes to water, I just can't believe them. A god made of literal water being afraid of water? It seems hypocritical, don't you think? "

Tails nodded in agreement, but he was remembering what he had seen last night.

Flashback

Tails was hiding behind a rock, watching as all of Sonic's quills became liquid and clear. Moving his hand upwards, making a small bubble of water from the ocean go upwards.

" Man, I miss being like this, as much fun it is being a mobian hero, I miss just being myself. "

He spoke to himself. His eyes looked down with sadness.

" I just wished I could be like this more, without having to fear god-hungry mobians chasing after me. "

Tails was in awe. Was Sonic really standing there? Was he really a god made of liquid. That made him think of Chaos. Did Sonic know Chaos?

" Chaos... I miss you a lot brother... I miss annoying you, and I'm sorry I had to fight you one time as my new mobian self. I didn't want you to destroy the world. "

He nervously chuckled, that was before sitting down.

" It's sad I have to put up a facade around everyone but I have to do this for my own safety. I couldn't imagine Eggman finding out. "

Tails needed to leave. He had seen a little too much already and didn't need to intrude any further. So sneakily and quietly, he went off.

Flashback over

' He's doing it for his own safety... that's why. ' He responds to Rouge in his thoughts. He didn't need to cause anymore suspicion on Sonic. After all, what kind of little brother does that?

" Well, come on Honey. We got all the information we needed here. "

Shadow huffs and gives Tails a stare one more time before leaving with the albino bat. Knuckles walks up next to the fox kit, arms crossed as he makes a small tch under his breath.

" Geez, can't Shadow be a little less hot-headed edge lord. "

Tails snorts.

" That's a lot of bad mouth coming from another hothead himself. "

Knuckles growls and walks out of the cave, Tails following behind while giggling. Maybe he should keep Sonic's secret a secret until the blue hero felt comfortable telling it himself.

Sonic sat on the couch, eating a chili-dog, and watching TV. Well, he really wasn't watching TV, he just had it as background noise. He was remembering a time he could truly live without a care in the world.

Another Flashback

It was a pretty nice day in the Chao Garden. Nearby there was Chaos watching over the Master Emerald while his brother played with the chaos. Chaos' brother liked changing his form quite a bit, from mobians to chaos to even looking like Chaos himself. Today, he was a blue echidna with red eyes. Playing with the chaos, he was having so much fun. That was until the god heard something, to make him alert. The god stared at some nearby bushes, waiting for, however, it was to make their appearance.

" I know you're here, there is no need to hide anymore. "

The god spoke softly, he wasn't aggressive, that was saved for Chaos. Out came a little orange echidna, with sky blue eyes staring at the blue echidna. The child spoke, nervously.

" I-I never saw a blue echidna before. "

The god blinks, before laughing, leaving the young girl confused about why he was laughing. He calms down before looking at her.

" I'm not really an echidna. "

The little echidna's eyes lit up as she ran over to him.

" Really? Why do you look like one though? What are you really? Can you become other mobian races? "

The god chuckles and patted the child's head.

" Because I can shapeshift, I am a... "

The god looks around before leaning down.

" Can you keep a secret? "

The child nods.

" I am a god. "

The young girl makes a small woah under her breath before becoming excited. She asks questions, and the god would answer all of them for her. They got to know each other's names, like how the girl is named Tikal and the god named himself Sonic. At the moment, both had dipped their feet in one of the small ponds of the Chao Garden. Sonic was in his original form, with koi swimming from the pond into him and then swim back out. Tikal watched her new friend swing his feet back and forth slowly before she asked a nagging question that was in her mind all day.

" Are you lonely, Sonic? "

Sonic looks down at Tikal, the sparkle in his eyes fading as he looks away. Chao had gathered around them, sleeping in their laps and doing whatever.

" Yes... yes, I am. "

Sonic stood up, getting a grand idea.

" Tikal regularly visits when she can come out of the Master Emerald, what if I get to get Chaos out too! "

For the first time in years, Sonic started to feel like himself again. He starts to giggle before doing a funky little dance. Then he was laughing at his idea, his amazing idea! He looks over to the mirror with a big smile on his face, he's never been this happy in years. His eyes then hold a sad look as he looks at his feet.

" I- "

...

" I really am alone, aren't I? "

" What do you mean, faker? "

Sonic tensed up and before waving his hands with a big fake grin. He was laughing nervously through his teeth.

" Nothing! I wanted to see how being edgy felt like, how's it going Shadz??? "

He could tell that Shadow wasn't buying it, oh well. But it seemed that luck was on his side since Shadow didn't push it any further. Thank Chaos for that.

" Decent. Knuckles, Rouge, and Omega want you to meet us in the Chao Garden, got it? "

Sonic nods, but was terrified deep down inside. Why the Chao Garden of all the places they could go to!? He liked going there in his free time by himself as he could then be himself. Besides, why only Team Dark and Knuckles? That seemed very suspicious to him. But despite that, he gave a thumbs up and smirked.

" Got it! "

And then Shadow left and to be truthful, his heart ached. He has actually grown feelings for his ebony rival. He knows that most likely he won't be able to get into a romantic relationship with him. But his heart said otherwise. Sighing, he goes upstairs to his bedroom. Going to his rarely used bookshelf, he grabs a book that seemed centuries old. He opens to one of his favorite stories. Contrary to popular belief, some gods start young, as in child young. When he was a child, he used to annoyed his brother to get him to read him that story. He smiles softly before closing it.

" Alright, I should get going now. "

He puts it back on his bookshelf and leaves his house. 

The younger god jumps around the Chao garden, giggling and laughing as he plays with chaos. Chaos watches with content, as the child turns into a chao in front of the chaos. Soon afterward, he starts to tire out as he walks over to his brother who was guarding the Master Emerald.

" I'm tired. "

" So? "

Sonic looks up, his emerald eyes shining.

" Could you tell me of the Fae and Fawn? "

" You've heard that one a hundred times already. "

" I like it! "

Chaos sighs, sitting down as he pats his leg. The young one climbs into his lap and curls up to him.

" There was once a Fae who was terribly lonely. She had nothing to go back to, so she wanders the forest. One day, she heard the sounds of a cry. So, rushing over she discovers it was an abandoned fawn- "

The child god smiles, his eyelids becoming heavy.

" So, she soothed the fawn and asked ' What are you doing here, fawn? ' The fawn responds ' My mother went to go find food and hasn't come back in a long while. I am so very hungry. ' The Fae frowns, so she makes some grass grow with her magic. The fawn becomes excited and thanks her. Since then, the two were inseparable- "

The young one tried to keep himself awake, just until the story ended. He rubbed his eyes as much as he could as chaos began to surround the two gods.

" One day, when the fawn had become a buck, he turned to the Fae. ' I must thank you for raising me, Fae. But I must go now. ' The Fae begged him to stay, as she was so very lonely. But there was no use, the buck had left her. To her dismay, she found out later that he had died from hunting. And thus- "

" She became a forget-me-not flower, next to the buck's corpse... "

The child finished, before falling asleep. Chaos smiles and pats his head.

" And they lived happily when they reunited as souls... "

He sets him down on the soft grass and keeps an eye out for the Master Emerald. He wouldn't have this life any other way. 

He arrived in the Chao Garden finally and was now on the lookout for his friends. A tap on his shoulder startled the blue hedgehog, as he turns around. There, was Rouge the bat floating a few feet off the ground.

" Gotcha, Blue~ "

She smiles at him before landing on her feet. Sonic gives a small smile and puts an arm at the back of his quills.

" You sure did! If I didn't check to see if it was you, I would've accidentally roundhouse kicked you in the face. "

The bat laughs and puts a hand on his shoulder.

" Man, that would've been a disaster! "

The two walked and talked, catching up and what they've missed in each other's lives. Sonic always liked hearing what Rouge had to say. They arrived at the group, who were waiting patiently.

" Oh wow, you actually came. "

Knuckles remarked, as Sonic playfully hits his shoulder. Shadow watches him closely, observing him. There was just no way that this hedgehog was supposedly Chaos' secret brother. Sure from what Knuckles' had said, the two had similar personalities but it was silly to think an immature teen was a god. Knuckles was the one to cut the chit-chat and get straight to the point.

" Okay, so Team Dark is on a mission and needed my help for it. "

Sonic raised a brow while putting a hand on his hip. 

" Okay, so why am I here then? "

" They're trying to find Chaos' secret brother, and they think you might be here. " 

Sonic instantly dropped his guard in shock. How did they...? He thought he kept his tracks pretty clean, there was no way they figured him out. Keeping his internal emotions off his face, he smiles and chuckles. 

" Oh? So Chaos has a brother? "

" That's what my ancestors believed. " 

He snorts and slaps his knee. He looks at Team Dark. 

" Me? A water being? No way. " 

" That's where G.U.N thinks you might be a reincarnation of that god. "

Of course, it's the Guardian Unit of Nations that thinks such of him. They probably want to use his power and such. Just as Sonic goes to speak, a patter of feet was heard. Turning around, he meets face to face with Tails. 

" What's up, bud? "

" IT'S EGGMAN! " 

For once, he thanks Eggman for coming in and attacking. This conversation was starting to bother him. 

One Eggman Battle later

After kicking Eggman's ass, Sonic felt better but he would still have to answer to Team Dark about the whole thing. What a mess he's gotten himself into. It's at times like these he wishes he could be as carefree as he used to be around his brother. Opening the door to his and Tails' house, he walks into the kitchen and starts making a sandwich. Tails watched Sonic, before sighing catching the hedgehog's attention. 

" Sup kid. "

" Sonic... are you Chaos' brother? And don't lie to me "

Sonic tensed up. What was up with everybody today and trying to find out who he really was?! Well he guesses it was about time he told Tails, after all, he could trust the kid with just about everything. 

" What if I say yes? Are there any questions you want to ask the all mighty God of Playfulness? " 

He sticks out a tongue, making Tails giggle before calming down. 

"It's okay if you don't feel like sharing, I already know. And I promise not to tell unless you want me to. " 

Sonic finally knew how Chaos felt when watching over him, as he just pats the fox kit's head. 

" You're a good kid, I hope you know that. Thank you. " 

It was rare to see the blue hedgehog being very soft, as he usually had his guard up 24/7. The god finishes making his sandwich and starts eating it. Before sitting down on the couch, he groans when there is a knock on the door. Tails called out that he will grab it, and heads towards it, opening it. With such, the fox greeted whoever was at the door and seemed to invite them in. Sonic was too busy with switching the channels to something bearable to watch. 

" Hi Honey! " 

OH GOD OH FUCK IT WAS TEAM DARK. Sonic scrambled to the kitchen and gave the two of the three teammates a smile. 

" Hi Rouge, hi Shadow. Sorry our convo got caught short. Anyways, still have a suspicion that I'm Chaos' brother? " 

" Unfortunately, yes. We just need to get some testing done on you. After that, if the test results show up negative, we won't bother you again. "

The bat smiled her charming smile. Sonic tried not to show it, but If he could, he would be as pale as a ghost. Testing?! Shit, his disguise wasn't that good. They would see right through him. Ruby eyes made contact with emerald ones, which immediately adverted away.

" I believe faker and I should have a conversation, alone. I'll take him to his room. "

Sonic's heart dropped. He knew Shadow could see right through him. Gently, a hand grabs his and is lead to the stairs. The blue hedgehog never noticed how soft Shadow's gloves were. He liked the touch. ' STOP BEING GAY SONIC, YOU SHOULD BE PANICKING RIGHT NOW!! ' he told himself in his mind.

" Which room? "

" The furthest left door. "

' WHY DID YOU JUST TELL HIM WHICH DOOR LEADS TO YOUR ROOM??!!! YOU IDIOT!!! ' he screams internally. Keeping a calm face, Shadow goes over and sits on Sonic's bed. Sonic walks over and sits next to him, curious on what his next interaction is going to be with the ebony one.

" Look. Just tell the truth, and I'll make sure they don't test on you. I promise. "

Shadow spoke in such a soft tone, Sonic didn't think he could even do such thing. Actually, he's never seen Shadow so... gentle looking before. The ultimate life-form sighs and speaks again.

" Look. If you really are Chaos' brother, they'll try to use you as a weapon. As someone whose been treated as a weapon before, I won't allow it, okay? But I can't help you if you won't talk- "

" I do think I can find a way to tell you, but I can show you. "

Shadow eyes widen as he starts to see Sonic's form start to liquify. His eyes fully become green, his brain now visible. He looks to Shadow for a reaction. The ebony just stares for a good while, speechless at what he's seeing. He suddenly hears a voice in his head.

" So, the ultimate life-form can't form the words to speak, huh? Am I just that good looking. "

" Shut it, faker. "

" Technically, you're the faker since I'm thousands of years older than you. "

Typically, the ebony hedgehog didn't like to chuckle in these types of situations. But, this time it was different. It started out as a small chuckle, quiet like a mouse. It soon erupted throughout the room, laughing like tomorrow didn't exist. Sonic didn't noticed that his cheeks started boiling as a form of a blush, he was mesmerized.

" Your laugh is... beautiful. You should laugh more, Shadow. "

Shadow's laughs died down into snickers, a green blush very prominent on his face. The two just stare at each other for awhile, before Shadow cleared his throat.

" ... don't tell anyone I laughed, or been really nice to you. It'll ruin my reputation. "

" I promise, Shadow. I'll keep my words. "

" So then, we should probably get you downstairs. "

The ebony quickly changed the subject. The god's eyes widen and he shakes his head.

" Show Rouge who I am? No thanks. "

" Sonic, she isn't going to call G.U.N, I'll make sure of it. " 

Shadow placing his hand on the god's hand, which was strangely solid yet not at the same time.

" ... okay. It's just, I spent so long to keep this form away from the public eyes. I do not want to be used like a weapon, it defeats my purpose. "

" Your... purpose? "

I am the God of Protection, I protect every living thing. I'll even protect living things from my own brother. "

Shadow adverts his eyes, which alerts Sonic. He clasps Shadow's hand between his watery one. Trying to maintain eye contact while speaking.

" Why do you think I helped you? We are definitely similar I would say. We both lost a love one, and it changed us, for better or for worse. And we think we're alone in this world because of it. "

Their faces were so close, Shadow's noise was almost touching his face. The sparkle in Sonic's eyes made him want to kiss the god. No, he couldn't. Not again, he couldn't lose Sonic like he did Maria. He pulls away, looking away as he spoke.

" Well then, it seems that we are still fakers. "

" ... yeah... it seems so... "

Sonic transforms back into his hedgehog disguise, looking down on the ground. Shadow gets up and lends a hand to the blue one in front of him. After he takes it, the ebony shows him back downstairs. Unbeknownst to the two, Shadow's communicator had been on the whole time. Shadow spoke to Rouge, saying that he got nothing out of Sonic (to the god's relief). Tails walked up to Sonic, looking up to him with worry.

" Are you okay? Did you tell him? "

" Yeah, I'm fine and I did... he's... surprisingly understanding. "

" Shadow? Understanding? Those are two words I would never expect to be together. "

All was tranquil, all seemed good. But oh he couldn't have been more wrong. Suddenly, like a wave, there was so many G.U.N soldiers. Being cuffed, tried to fight back. He could see Team Dark trying to make their way to him, and Tails too. He was taken to a truck and put in the back. Sonic could only glare, but it seemed he couldn't do a thing about his position. Letting out a frustrated tch, the truck he was in started moving.

" I wonder what G.U.N is up to that they needed to take me like I'm some sort of dangerous being? "

He spoke to himself. He and Commander Towers never really had a good relationship, so he wondered what he did to piss off the commander. Unless...

" Was Shadow's communicator on? I didn't see him turn it on at all? Maybe G.U.N automatically turned it on? If so, I'm in danger and I need to get out fast. "

Lucky for him, if he could just quickly transform to his true form, he could escape. The only time it wouldn't work is if there was the chaos emeralds nearby. Funnily enough, the gods couldn't properly use the chaos emeralds but Sonic could if he was in his disguise. The reasons? Still very unknown to him but it should be easy since he couldn't feel them in the truck.

" Alright! Let's do this, Sonic! It's just like last time except I'm in a truck and I won't be able to snowboard through a city! "

He smirked, until it fell when he could feel the contraints of chaos energy flow through him.

" What the-!? "

He tries to focus in to feel where the chaos emeralds are but panicked when he couldn't find any. He gritted his teeth, trying to keep calm.

" Shit, they fucking knew. I gotta find another way to escape. "

He tried biting at the cuffs, but that did nothing but hurt his teeth. He tried to lock pick them with a loose quill, but he got frustrated fast. Finally, Sonic gave up and sat through silence. He would find a way to convince Commander Towers that whatever he was up to was not a good idea.

" No idea is a good idea if it involves the use of Godly powers. "

He muttered to himself. The truck stopped and he perked up. Finally, he could move around and shit. Two guards came up to him and held his arms, probably acting as a way for him to not use his speed. Rolling his eyes, he goes along with them for now. They take Sonic into the base, where the disguised god looks around the place out of boredom. He's finally roughly pushed into the office, letting an out a small hey as a response. The god's glare is then focus on the man sitting in front of him.

" Towers. It's been awhile. "

" So it has been, hedgehog. Or should I refer to you as God of Protection? "

Sonic snarls but quickly shuts his mouth. He lets the old man ramble.

" We need your powers, for the good of the world. We can use them to stop Eggman. "

" Eggman is nothing but a harmless threat as long as I keep him at bay. What do you really want with my powers, Towers? "

The aging commander goes silent for a second before speaking.

" We want you as our Ultimate Weapon. "

" I thought so. I don't consent to it, now leave me be. "

" Not so fast, hero. You will be our weapon whether you like it not. Agents, put him in the extraction tube. "

They drag him out, as the blue hedgehog struggles to free himself. That extraction tube did not sound like it was going to be fun. At all. Violently thrown into after his cuffs were taken off, he bangs on the glass.

" LET ME OUT!!! "

Panic started to really show itself. He never panicked ever except... except the time he witnessed Tikal's death and his brother bringing a world ending flood before being sealed in the Master Emerald. Sonic's arms shook, his legs acting like wet noodles. For the first time in a long time, the poor god was scared.

" LET ME GO!!! "

He screamed loudly, letting out a shriek that could bursts eardrums. Meanwhile, the Master Emerald glowed a little before going back to normal, confusing the echidna guardian.

" Huh... that's strange. It's never done that before. "

Leaning up against the Master Emerald, he goes back to taking his nap. That was until a very loud, high pitched screech came out of seemingly nowhere. Covering his ears, the echidna grits his teeth in pain before feeling something shatter behind him. Turning around, his face pales when seeing the Master Emerald in shards on the ground. What stood in its place was-

" Chaos, God of Destruction. "

Knuckles watched, flabbergasted, as the god made his move quickly. He sat there in silence for a bit, removing his hands from his ears and watching where the god had taken off. After awhile, he finally spoke.

" I need to call Rouge. Now. "

Chaos was on a move, swiftly following his brother's chaos energy trail. Worry covered his face as he knows that people for years now have been chasing him with their greedy hands. He'll make sure whoever had him would face his wrath. ' I'm coming, Lulu. Just you hold on tight. ' he thought to himself. Once he had arrived in front of the building, Chaos could feel that the rage was starting to build up and seethe within him. 

Bursting into the building, he rushes towards the source of the chaos energy trail. Destroying everything in his trail. G.U.N agents try to shoot at him but it was useless. ' Idiots. All of them are idiots. ' he commets to himself. He finally gets to the source for him to freeze up. His brother, laying unconscious in a tube in his true form. They... they hurt him. The top of the bottle of rage had finally blown off. Passing through a window on the door, ignoring the yells of the agents, he gets to the glass tube. Taking his fists, he somehow manages to smash the glass and pick him up, holding him with great concern.

" Lulu...? "

He spoke telepathically to his brother. No response. That's it, they've done now. First it was the Master Emerald, now his brother. It was time to become Perfect Chaos. Knuckles met up with Team Dark and Tails. The sky had turn dark and it started to flood. That was not a good sign, that meant Perfect Chaos.

" There you guys are! Have you evacuated the city and the surrounding area? "

" Sure have, Hun. Made sure of it. Shadow knows the reasoning here behind Chaos' awakening once more. So does Tails. " 

Knuckles was in shock, and growled (mostly at Shadow).

" If you knew, why didn't you try to stop it?! "

" Knuckles! Calm down. Let Shadow explain since he knows more than me. "

" For your information, you knucklehead, we did try to stop this from happening. It's all damn G.U.N's fault. Using Sonic as a weapon. Look, to keep it short and simple: Sonic is the brother of Chaos, known as the God of Protection. G.U.N wanted to use his powers as a weapon and as a result, it- "

" Pissed off brother. Chaos, how did I not put two and two together. No wonder why Sonic was strange when it came to chaos energy. We gotta find a way to stop this. "

Everyone gave a nod in agreement. Knuckles ushered them to where the shrine is so they could first put back together the Master Emerald before Angel Island started to fall from the sky. Everyone started scrambling the pieces together, but it got harder when the wind started to become aggressive. Standing up, Shadow looks up and stares into the distance. 

" That must be Perfect Chaos, correct? "

Knuckles, Tails, and Rouge looked up, all nodding. Shadow gets in position, making sure he takes out and grips the chaos emerald in his hand tightly and let his shoes boost.

" I'll deal with him. You guys just finish putting the Master Emerald back together. "

And off goes the Ultimate Life-form. Jumping from the slowly descending island as he fell. The water below getting closer and closer until-

" CHAOS CONTROL! "

With a flash, he lands on top a ruined building, Perfect Chaos right in front of him too. But the ebony noticed something else too, at the core of Chaos was Sonic, curled into a ball. He was in his Mobian disguise. Holding the emerald close to him, a look of determination filled him. No, he wasn't going to lose Sonic. Not like he did with Maria, he wasn't making that fatal mistake again. Thrusting his arm up into the air, the chaos emerald starts to shine brightly. Ruby eyes filled with fierce intent to save Sonic. 

" HEY! CHAOS!- "

This catches the attention of Perfect Chaos, who swings his head towards the source of the noise.

" MY NAME IS SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG, I AM THE ULTIMATE LIFE-FORM. I MADE A PROMISE TO MYSELF THAT I WOULD LET NO OTHER HARM COME TO SONIC THE HEDGEHOG- "

A growl erupted from Chaos, but Shadow continued as his quills graciously moved with the wind.

" AND IM GOING TO TAKE HIM WITH ME, BY FORCE! "

A massive roar is bellowed from Chaos, but nothing can stop the stripped anti-hero now! Muttering some words, a flash comes out of nowhere and he suddenly close to Chaos.

" CHAOS... SPEARS!!! "

From his hand, energy flows outwards from three of his fingers to create physical rods that then shoot at Chaos. Muttering chaos control, he's back onto a building. But, he picks up speed and parkours to the next building as Chaos slams a tendril into it. With a cocky tch, he continues to make chaos spears and aims them at Chaos. Perfect Chaos become more and more pissed with each time Shadow attacked and dodge. The Ultimate Life-form finally found an opening, he holds the chaos emerald close, yelling chaos control. He appears right in the middle of the chest and dashes into the middle. Holding out his arms, he quickly grabs Sonic out and flies towards a building. Curling into Sonic, he crashes and skids before stopping. 

Chaos retreats back into his normal form. He makes his way to where the ebony hedgehog had taken his brother. Growling very lowly, he gets to his destination and glares.

" Give him back. "

The ebony opens his eyes, panting. He used too much chaos energy but luckily he didn't need to take off his inhibitor rings. He smirks and speaks back.

" No. I don't think so. "

" I will end your pathetic life. My brother's powers are not for your greedy hands. "

Chaos walked towards Shadow, but the ultimate life-form stopped him. He was exhausted, but he didn't care. All that mattered at the moment was Sonic.

" I'm not here to use him. I promise. I just... I just wanted to make sure he was alive. I can't live through another death again... "

With a calculated gaze, the God of Destruction examined him. Though, it didn't seem as if the hedgehog was lying to him at all. 

" Very well. You may do what you need, but I will supervise. "

He looks down at the limp blue body and tries to wake him.

" Sonic... it's me Shadow. "

The ebony spoke softly, but there was no response. His face drops a little, a frown forming on his muzzle.

" Sonic... please wake up... I can't lose you... "

Tears formed in the ebony's eyes. Chaos glare soften, it seemed as though that Shadow was telling the truth.

" Not again... I can't deal another death... please... I love you... "

He lays his head on Sonic's chest, softly sobbing. Chaos was caught up in his rage to see if his brother was actually okay. Walking over, he sits himself next to the body across from Shadow.

" He's breathing. So he's not dying... but he might be unconscious for a while. " 

But it was no use, Chaos' words fell to death's ears. Shadow feels a hand on his back, surprising both the ultimate life form and the god of destruction. Shadow lifts his head, rubbing his eyes and looking down. Emerald eyes looked back with a small, sweet smile upon a peach muzzle.

" Aww.. I never thought the Shadow the hedgehog would be crying over me. "

Though he chokes on air when he's hugged tightly by said hedgehog. Sonic hugs back, nuzzling into the Mobian.

" Dont scare me like that again. Also, tell anyone and your dead. "

" Yeah, yeah I know what the procedure is. "

Sonic looks over for his eyes to widen. He slowly drops the hug from Shadow and just stares at Chaos.

" Chaos...? "

" Hello Lulu, I'm so glad you're okay.

Tears formed in the blue hedgehog's eyes and throws himself around Chaos. The water being makes a gargle that sounds like a chuckle and hugs back. Shadow, meanwhile, was smiling at the interaction between the two brothers. It reminded him of the times between him and Maria. The two pull away as Chaos wipes away Sonic's tears.

" You might want to give attention to your boyfriend right now. He did fight me to get you. I'll be outside if you need me. "

Chaos leaves the building as Sonic blushes madly. But he turns to Shadow in an aggressive manner.

" So you fought Perfect Chaos? "

" Yes... "

" To save me? "

" That was my intentions, yea. "

It was silent between the two. Then Sonic quickly puts his hands on Shadow's shoulders, pull him closely and closes the gap between them. The ebony's flares up green initially, but he adjusts himself and kisses passionately back. Shadow wraps his arms around the blue god's waist before they needed to pull away for air.

" I love you, Shadow. "

" I love you too, Sonic... "

" Hey, are two done doing gross romantic shit yet? I would really like to visit my brother.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

617K 37.6K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
453K 16.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 49K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC