Broken (SasuNaru / NaruSasu)

By The_one_with_no_name

Status: Completed They met when they were seven. It was a fated meeting. Friendship grew to attraction and a... More

Announcement!
Prologue
1. Konoha High School
2. Spark
3. Knight in Shining Armor
4. Döppleganger
5. Mixed Signals
6. The Culprit
7. The Breaking Point
8. The Kindest Heart
9. Heartbeats
10. Love, Jealousy and Deception
11. The Unspeakable
Small Announcement
12. A Healing Journey Begins
13. Remorse, Redemption and Reconciliation
14. Reunion
15. Dates
16. Love Is An Explosion
Book Cover
Covid-19 Outbreak
17. Home
18. Be My Valentine
19. Namikaze Sora
20. "Papa" vs "Fuck"
21. Withering Dreams
22. Hope
23. Trouble In Paradise
25. Help
26. Family Matters
27. Misfits
28. Broken Heart, Broken Mind
29. Jealousy
30. Unbreakable Bond
31. Invisible Pain
32. Giving Him Up
33. Girlfriends and Best Friends
34. The Pendant.
35. The Third Wheel
36. The Secret
37. Longing
38. Selflessness
39. The Future
40. The Ramen That Changed Everything
41. Unexpected Turn
42. Miracles
Wattpad Rant
43. Parenting 101
44. Torture
45. Inseparable
46. The Five Stages of Grief
47. Love and Loss
48. Together Forever
Thanks
10K Special Announcement

24. Loneliness

1.2K 47 56
By The_one_with_no_name

In his bedroom, in the arms and warmth of his lover was Itachi. He was peacefully asleep until his phone rang. His first thought was who would call him on summer vacation at 6 in the morning.

"Hello?" He groaned sitting up, still half asleep. The words that followed on the other end woke him up immediately. "What did you say?!"

The tone change was alarming to the man that laid beside him.
"I'll be there in fifteen minutes" Itachi got out of bed as he asked what hospital soon Kakashi followed as well.

"Itachi, what is it?"

"Sasuke....Sasuke...he- w-w-was hit by a c-c-car.." he stuttered due to the tears forming in his eyes.

"I'll get dressed, we'll go together" Kakashi slipped on his clothes pretty fast, something he learned to do during the time their relationship was kept a secret.

Itachi's mind was a mess, his brother had just turned eighteen yesterday. His brother had just asked Naruto's hand in marriage. His brother had studies, his whole life ahead of him.

Whatever Kakashi was telling him on their drive to the hospital Itachi didn't hear. It was quiet, he couldn't hear his boyfriend's voice, nor the voice of the roaring car engine.

It was even worse after they have arrived. Seeing the state of his baby brother was shocking enough. Kakashi held him as he wept. Comforted him, reassured him that the teen would get through.

During the second hour of surgery, Naruto was in front of the two adults holding his son in arms. His eyes red and puffed. He had a bad feeling that morning when he woke up. Then Tazuna was at his front door telling him his fiancé was in a bad car accident.

It took two hours of contacting clinics and hospitals to finally have a confirmation of where he was. "Sasuke-...where is he?"

"Still in surgery." Kakashi got him to sit down. "I'll get you some water"

Sora was still half asleep and a bit confused at what was going on, he just laid his head on his dad's chest. The erratic heartbeats of his father were normal for the baby, after all since he was born he was hearing the beats of that messed up heart. Beats that calmed him and sent him straight back to sleep.

Twelve hours into surgery the waiting room was mostly Sasuke and Naruto's friends and family. Sora was in his grandmother's arms playing a little. Occasionally checking if his dad was still sitting where he had left him.

The doctor came out, he removed his glasses.
"He's stable..." He took a deep breath "but he's in a coma...the head trauma was the second worst injury he had. He was bleeding internally when he was brought in but we managed to get it under control. We don't know when he will wake up...if he will wake up."

Shikamaru being the closest to Naruto was standing right next to him when he noticed the body sway momentarily. For the past twelve hours Naruto kept insisting he was alright. His heart worked overtime, frantically beating as he thought of every possible worst case scenario.

Hearing those words from the doctor sent his heart overboard.
"I don't-..." He didn't finish his sentence collapsing right after.

Shikamaru wrapped his arms around him quick feeling Naruto's weight. He placed his two fingers on the teen's neck, he had already foreseen this happening.

🍥🍥🍥

Naruto could only cope with his loneliness in one way; working. Shisui often came to visit him to make sure he was alright. But it took him two months after the accident to open up to Shisui.

They both sat in the terrace of Naruto's penthouse. One sipping on tea and the other on dark coffee.
"I can...see Sasuke." He confessed "I know he's not really here. I'm aware but just the thought is comforting"

"You haven't visited him yet, have you?"

"I went yesterday for the first time. It..he just...looks..." Naruto broke down. "I miss him and I feel like I'm going insane."

"We all miss him, Naruto. We need to have hope okay?"

"I know," he wiped his tears though more formed and streamed down his face. "I'm just scared of losing him, losing myself"

Shisui hugged him not as his psychiatrist but as his friend, his brother, his family and Naruto wept. He let it all out and it felt better. Like a crushing weight was off his shoulder, like he could breathe easily.

"We'll be right here for you, Naruto. Okay? And whatever happens we'll all face it together" he kissed his forehead.

"Shisui, I'm going to Suna for a while. They called up for an emergency restoration of a painting. My flight leaves tonight. Could you, keep me updated? Of Sasuke's state"

"You needn't even ask. Try and relax a bit after your job is done. It shouldn't all be work, it's not good for you"

"I'm taking Sora with me so maybe we can do something." He fiddled with his engagement ring. Shisui placed his hand on Naruto's.

"It's okay to live your life Naruto. Don't feel bad"

But he was feeling bad, he hated it. It was like when he lost his father. He hated enjoying anything in his life, but he held on to hope this time. A hope the man he loves would wake up, talking with Shisui helped him slightly.

🍥🍥🍥

A trip with his baby was exactly what Naruto needed. He had been to Suna before and this time of year when it was Fall in Konoha, it usually was still summer in Suna. The weather was beautiful.

Sora walked cutely next to his dad who was smiling at him. He smiled back showing his tiny baby front teeth. "Papa! Up!" Naruto picked him up at that demand almost instantaneously and kissed his cheek. He was wearing the cutest Pikachu outfit and he secured him in the baby carrier.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" The harsh voice caught the attention of the two blonds and other people walking the street. Naruto tried to ignore it continuing his walk despite some people stopping to inspect.

It wasn't that late in the evening to assume those were drunk. It was barely 8pm but there were people who got drunk early.

He had almost gotten out of that mess when he felt heavy weight on him that pushed him to the front. Naruto reacted quickly supporting his son's neck and back flipping away. He sighed in relief seeing Sora was entertained and clapping softly.

"Dumbass you tripped me!" The voice shouted at the blond, the figure landed his hand on Naruto's shoulder. His father instincts kicked in, twisting the hand as he turned around.

"You put my son in danger, apologize" he glared. The man winced in pain and defied him reaching in with a left punch.

Naruto was quicker simply moving to the side avoiding the impact. On his left he saw a redhead trying to fight six guys. He was taking a beating but was holding up just fine against the other guys.

He wanted to help but holding Sora he decided not to interfere. His son comes above all else. Kitsune barked gaining his attention and he turned to see his assailant holding a knife.
"It's okay girl. Relax" Naruto said almost in a bored tone, Kitsune would have attacked if it weren't for Naruto's order.

Naruto hit a vital point in the criminal's hand forcing it open. No matter how hard the guy tried, his hand just wouldn't close. This all escalated too quickly and the rest after they were done beating up the redhead wanted to show the blond who they were for standing up against them.

Sora turned his head seeing the scary men and held his dad pouting and calling for him.
"Papa will protect you. Always Sora-chan" he reassured him, his hand on his son's back supporting his body just in case.

He drew a semi-circle with his left foot dragging it behind him and his right arm was folded upwards with only two fingers showing. He was not playing simple defense.

The redhead was gaining back consciousness, he saw a blond fighting. The guys that have beat him up were all down in a matter of a minute.
The blond was only using two fingers too, immobilizing whatever limb he hit.

Just who was this guy? He wondered as he collected himself. The sirens were heard off in the distance and the redhead wanted to run away as all the other assailants ran off.

It was then when he remembered he was stabbed just earlier. He fell down on his knees putting pressure on his wound trying to stop the bleeding.

Naruto saw the stranger, it had to be someone his age or at least around the same age.
"You're bleeding.." Naruto got on his knees "help will be here soon ok?" He removed his thin jacket and used it to put pressure on the teen's wound.

"Why did you..help me?" he asked through pain.

"I won't lie. I wasn't helping you per se. I thought you were doing fine on your own until I noticed you passed out." Naruto got him to lay down "what's your name?"

"Gaara,...Yusuru Gaara"

"Yu- Yu-.." Naruto had a friend with that last name, he wondered if they were related. A friend he knew was from Suna originally. "Okay Gaara, stay with me. Dattebayo?"

Gaara stared at those honest cerulean eyes and saw another set on a baby that looked at him with teary eyes.
"Sora-chan look at me okay?" He kissed his baby's forehead as the baby softly nodded scared.

The redhead was quickly taken away by the ambulance and Naruto asked what hospital they would take him to. Mentally noting the name as he went to talk to the police about it all.

When all of that mess was over he wanted to call Temari but knowing how she'd react he texted Shikamaru.
"Hey...Temari has two brothers right?"

"Yeah...Kankuro and Gaara. Did ya meet them already?"

"Gaara..just now. Don't tell her. I'll tell u details later"

"Ok" the man texted wondering what had happened.

Naruto went to the hospital after he had left Sora in the guesthouse with a nanny, the toddler was already half asleep having an unusually late dinner. He was alright with Naruto leaving him for short periods of time.

Naruto asked for a Yusuru Gaara. He saw the toned body of the guy that was stabbed as he made his way to the area specified in ER. He had scars, a lot of them. Though some were not as visible as others.
"Hey-...you should stay in the hospital" Naruto was worried with all the movements he would reopen his wound.

"I've had worse." He avoided looking at that blond's pure face. "I don't need you to worry about me."

"Temari would fly right over if she knew her little brother was getting himself in trouble" he innocently spoke but Gaara didn't take that nicely.

The guy who just hours ago was fighting for his life got up and pinned Naruto against the wall hard.
"How do you know my sister?" He looked at those firm blue eyes that were now weak.

Naruto had the air pushed out of him when he was shoved against the wall that hard. It took a second for him to be able to suck in air again. He heaved as he gasped for air.
"Get-...a-...doc-...-tor" he asked in between breaths holding onto Gaara's hands softly.

The redhead freaked out letting go of him and hesitantly left him there not wanting to get in more trouble.

A nurse came over to check on Gaara when she found Naruto almost unconscious on his knees. His eyes were welled up with tears, he was scared he'd die right there without seeing his son and Sasuke again.

The teen dad got the medical help he needed. Luckily it wasn't anything serious that would require him to overstay. After his treatment they checked on him once again, gave him a few advices and allowed him to leave.

Naruto got out the hospital and started walking. After getting breathless from just climbing the stairs down he sat on a bench and called for a cab.
"You're okay.." the redhead waited there just in hopes of seeing him.

Naruto didn't bother to look at him "wanna try again?" He asked.

"I wasn't trying to hurt you-.."

"That's not what I meant" he took a breath in wincing a bit "I meant do you wanna try this whole first meeting? I'm Uzumaki Naruto, your sister is one of my best friends back in Konoha" he small smiled giving him a small bow.

"Yusuru Gaara, Temari and I have been separated for a long time. Is she still living with our grandparents and cousin?"

"I didn't know." Naruto had tried to talk to her about her family but it didn't go well so he never pressured her. "No, we share a house together near the University"

"Share a house?" He raised an eyebrow, Konoha was so much different than Suna. It was uncommon to hear about couples living together in Suna when they were just friends.  "Are you two together?"

"No...definitely not. She's like I said one of my best friends. Right that is a bit weird here. Well it's not just her and me in the house, a bunch of our friends live there too. It's very normal in Konoha"

"I guess...as long as she's alright" he sighed. "Happy to hear she is" he stood, neither his voice no his face suggested he was happy. But Naruto could notice a hint of relief in his tone.

"Gaara, do you want her phone number?"

"No" he walked away not saying anything else.

Naruto wondered if he would ever see him again and just walked to his cab when it got there.

The next morning he had breakfast with his son as always and then kissed him goodbye as he left for his first day of work.

He walked over to the studio as it was nearby and greeted the workers there. They were nice enough when he was around but they did not like him one bit. He was a lot younger than any of them and as far as they knew inexperienced.

Naruto put on his mask since he'd be using chemicals and went on with the very first steps. Restoration of a painting could take a minimum of two weeks depending on a number of factors. He only had one week, he knew he could do it in one week but that meant timing every single little thing down to the second.

Once he finished and had to leave the painting to rest for the next step he went to work on the frame so as to not waste time.
By 6pm he had fully restored the frame.
"Uzumaki-san we will be closing for the day in thirty minutes"

"Okay, just leave me the keys on the front desk thank you." He hang the frame.

"The canvas needs to rest 12 more hours"

"I know, I'm on a timer. You opened today at 7 because I asked them to. And I know your working hours start at 9. I don't want you all to work overtime just because of me. I am on a tight schedule and even 2 hours can make all the difference for me. I'm sorry if I'm being a bother"

"No...not at all. I'll leave you the backdoor keys. That's all I can do" she replied eyeing his movements.

"Thank you" he removed the mask and put on his glasses looking at the frame making sure it looked perfect. "Do you mind if I borrow your eyes for a bit? " He smiled, all of a sudden he sounded nicer and more human.

It must have been because he was wearing a gas mask. She thought to herself. "What for?"

"Well, I just want your opinion. On the frame, in case I didn't see something. You know four eyes are better than two"

"Sure" she got closer and eyed it, she couldn't even hide her surprise. "It-...I think it looks great..." She got closer looking at the details reworked. "I'm impressed" she small smiled.

"Thanks.." he blushed at her compliment "I'm calling it a day and I'll come back tomorrow morning at 6am."

"Get the key from the front desk on your way out." She looked around, the station was clean, everything was in order. She had worked with so many others before but she had never seen someone so organized and efficient.

He put everything else in place before he changed his clothes and picked the key from the front desk then left. He had spent the whole day with nothing but breakfast in his stomach. If Sasuke was there, he'd have made him stop working.

Naruto felt alone, he had a hole inside that no one could quite fill and nothing could quite make him forget about it.

He stopped walking after a while and turned around. "You know-...if you're going to follow me at least be discrete about it." Naruto looked at the back-alley and waited a couple minute until Gaara gave up and showed up.

"I just...wanted to say sorry about yesterday-.."

"I thought we started anew" Naruto shook it off and blushed at the sound of his stomach "are you hungry? Do you happen to know a good place to eat"

"Sure dumbass. Follow me" Gaara placed his hands in his pockets and lead the way. He took him to an unknown restaurant though he promised the food was great.

He was going to leave when Naruto held his hand and brought him inside too. Gaara wasn't willing to admit, he was hungry; hell he was starving but he had no money and no one wanted to hire him thanks to those idiots.

"I'm not hungry"

"I don't like eating alone, 'ttebayo?" Naruto semi-lied sitting down with him in a random booth. "You've been here so you pick" he got his small backpack off his shoulders.

The waiter showed up with the menu and Naruto asked for some water. Gaara watched as the teen carefully placed pills on a napkin organizing them.

He hadn't even taken off his eyes off of his backpack yet when Gaara's hand almost reached one of the pills the blond ordered "Don't touch" sternly.

"Just wanted to know what kind of drugs you're into"

"The unconventional kind that keeps me alive" he drank the first pairs as soon the waiter brought him water. The redhead ordered food subconsciously ordering for himself too forgetting he had no money to pay when he saw Naruto down those four pills like it was nothing.

The thought didn't cross his mind that Naruto was sick.
A- he didn't look ill.
B- his ambiguous reply about the drugs was not uncommon to Gaara since a lot of junkies referred to it as a need to sustain their lives.
C- anyone could be an addict, that was the one thing that his lifestyle taught him.

"Does Temari-..." Gaara stopped himself from asking, if she was doing drugs why would this stranger tell him the truth anyway?

"Mhm?" He voiced cutely, Gaara blushed. There was something about the innocent way Naruto behaved. Something about his purity that just attracted the redhead to him. His eyes were like a tsunami wave swallowing him whole, his hair was the sun itself greeting him at dusk. And his skin was soft, his touch tender and loving.

"Just wondering what Temari is studying"

"Business, how about you?"

"Dropped out after high school. Can't afford it"

"I thought you guys were rich"

"Our grandparents are but they hate me" he deadpanned "I killed my parents, that's how they say it"

"Doesn't mean you say it the same way" Naruto held the teen's hand but the latter pulled away not wanting any sympathy.

"Mom died giving birth to me and dad killed himself when I was five right in front of me blaming me for it all. I don't know any other way to voice it"

"Your...dad didn't mean what he said. I'm sure of it. I'm sorry for your loss Gaara" Naruto knew when people are in that dark place they don't tend to think of others. He did that, Sasuke did that.

"Just...drop it dumbass" he sighed as their food arrived. He could finally just quietly enjoy the meal without worrying about unwanted conversations.

Naruto ate his food quietly, drinking the rest of his meds right after.
"How many are you gonna fucking pop?" Hearing that snarky remark made the blond almost choke.

"Stop...you're making me uncomfortable"

"Imagine how I feel" he rolled his eyes. When the bill was delivered, Naruto just paid up not saying a word about it.

"Shall we go?" He wore his backpack and lead the way out of the small restaurant "I already paid, complain later" he thought that was why his friend's brother was still sitting down with an annoyed look on his face.

They walked in silence for a while before the redhead mustered the courage to say a thank you. Naruto saw Sasuke in every bit of Gaara. Stuck up, stubborn, mean and the biggest pride he'd ever seen someone have.

"I take it, it's not your first time in Suna" Gaara broke the silence.

"No-...been here a couple dozen times at least through the years." He small smiled and stopped at a small gate opening it for his new friend. "Come on in.."

"I should get-.."

"Just for a cup of coffee or tea" he interrupted and was glad his invitation wasn't turned down.

The moment the door opened, Sora got up and ran to the front.
"Papa!" He smiled widely holding a paper with all sorts of scribbles and colours on them. "Sasu" he held it up to show his dad.

"Tadaima, Sora-chan" he removed his shoes first sitting down on the small step so he is on his son's height level. "It's beautiful! we'll show it to him when we are back home okay?"

"Okay" he hugged his dad jumping up and down happy until he saw the seafoam harsh eyes staring at him. They sucked the happiness right out of him and sent him hiding behind his dad.

"It's okay Sora-chan. That's my friend. Gaara-..."

"You have a son....no wonder you're a drug addict...or have you been an addict before you had him?" He had no regards to who could be hearing them.

Naruto's vein popped in his forehead and he got up losing whatever little self control he had smacking his new friend right in the head.
"I'm not a drug addict, 'ttebayo?!"

"Bayo!" A tiny voice repeated from behind thinking his dad is taking care of the threat peeking from behind his dad and hiding again when those eyes looked at him.

A/N:

We get Gaaaaaaarrraaa of the sand!! Wooot wooot!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 482 43
At the age of three, Naruto was so happy to be adopted by the Uchiha's. He had a family and wasn't alone anymore. But how long would it last? Please...
142K 4.5K 31
(Naruto The Last Movie AU) After returning from his 2-year redemption journey for an emergency mission, Naruto and Sasuke are forced to confront thei...
25.2K 1K 38
Completed- Naruto has loved his best friend his whole life, but when his love was rejected, he moved on. Continued his path to becoming Hokage. ...
76.4K 1.6K 18
-Completed- Started: February 20, 2020 Finished: May 20, 2020 The forth great ninja war has ended, leaving countless deaths and injuries, both to shi...