[LISAxIU] I'm In Charge

By skyaeacus

"What the fuck Manoban! Look!", Seulgi shouted eyes bulging out in shock while looking at her wristwatch. "We... More

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Unfriendly
Chapter 3: Sunbaenim
Chapter 4: Assignment
Chapter 5: The Hotel
Chapter 6: Poison
Chapter 7: Dear Name
Chapter 8: Eomoni
Chapter 10: Thief
Chapter 11: Khight
Chapter 12: Arcade
Chapter 13: Professional
Chapter 14: Phone
Chapter 15: Back up
Chapter 16: Starting
Chapter 17: Different
Chapter 18: Gyeongsang
Chapter 19: Crazy
Chapter 20: Persistent
Chapter 21: Unable
Chapter 22: Closer
Chapter 23: Diary
Chapter 24: Toys
Chapter 25: Champagne
Chapter 26: Alone
Chapter 27: Insane [M]
Chapter 28: Closet
Chapter 29: Visitor
Chapter 30: Witness
Chapter 31: Zombie
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Cabinet
Chapter 34: Insatiable [M]
Chapter 35: Hear
Chapter 36: Classified
Chapter 37: Inseparable[M]
Chapter 38: Rooftop
Chapter 39: Chase
Chapter 40: Tired
Chapter 41: Moon
Chapter 42: Cupcakes
Chapter 43: Night [M]
Chapter 44: Advice
Chapter 45: Invitation
Chapter 46: Gangster
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: Disgust
Chapter 49: Mistake

Chapter 9: Photograph

3.2K 234 103
By skyaeacus

Jieun Pov

Stay?

My mother is asking her to stay and spent the night here. On my apartment.

I was surprised. And so was her, I know when our eyes met she didn't expect to hear that either.

My brows furrowed.

No, she can't.

Never, as in never, I had let anyone set foot on my house. No one has yet seen me in my personal space.

I never invited anyone, and I'm not planning to invite anyone, even the fewest friends I have. It's because that's the only place I could be as vulnerable as I am.

"No, she won't eomma. She has her car. She's just gonna drive there straight. It's not like she's gonna walk alone in the middle of the night.", I blurted out.

"Jieun? Have some concern to your friend. I can smell the liquor from both of you, it's midnight and she must be as tired as you, but she's here making sure you got home safe?", My mother said firmly, her words were meant to hit my conscience.

My hands balled on the side. Huffing as I averted my eyes somewhere else.

"Please dear, stay, what's your name by the way?", she turned to this punk again and her tone was much softer when it comes to her. Making me roll my eyes listening to them.

"Lisa Manoban, just Lisa is fine eomoni.", the punk answered to my mother. I hope she reject eomma's invitation and just leaves at once.

"Well then Lisa, will you stay the night here? Don't mind my daughter, she'll understand this sooner or later.", Mother said confidently. I sighed, holding my head feeling sick with the idea of letting this girl inside my home. I barely know her, but the way she's making me feel every time she talks. I can't pinpoint what it is but I feel suffocated.

This is why I hate whenever she speaks.

"I really am overwhelmed with your invitation eomoni and-", she paused. Making me feel frantic, biting my lip and silently praying that she'll reject.

"And I honestly think I should stay. You're right it's dangerous for me to drive at this state, my eyes are getting heavier. I'm afraid to fall asleep while driving. It's really so kind of you eomoni, thank you so much."

My eyes widened.

When I cocked my head up, to look at her. My mouth fell open incredulously as I saw the grin on her face.

"Good decision, come. Let's went inside before we all catch a cold.", my mother said excitedly.

"Aishh..", I hissed as I glare at her. But she just beamed at me! how can she not get that I don't want her here. Or she knows that but she's doing this on purpose? Is this to annoy me or what?

Urghh! I won't let her get what she wants. Not at my house.

-------

"I'll leave you two now, please make your friend at home, and stop being so cranky towards her.", my mother reminded me before she left my room.

Because this punk ended up staying at my room since eomma is occupying the other room left. And the heater in the living room area is broken. Talk about misfortune.

"Can I take this off? Do you have any extra shirt I can wear?", this girl asked probably referring to her uniform.

I stopped moving, teeth-gritting, brows creased and hands clenching at the pillow I'm holding while my back is facing her.

"Thick-faced punk.", I murmured under my breath.

"No, I don't have, and just take off whatever you want. And stop talking to me.", I said ignoring her and continued fixing my bed.

"That sounds daring.", She muttered that forced me to turn around and finally look at her.

My eyes grew wide when I saw her looking at the photograph on my side table. I quickly scooted to her side and grab the frame she's holding a bit hard.

Making her startled.

"Can you please stop!?", I exclaimed fumingly, as I hid the photo frame in my back.

I didn't notice I was too loud. That she hastily covered my mouth with her hand shushing me.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to shout.", She mumbled looking worried. What the hell is wrong with this girl? I swear I'm gonna lose my sane because of her.

I shoved her hand off my mouth. And stomp hard on her feet. Out of anger, she winced silently as she held her feet.

"That's for insisting to stay here when you know we're not even friends. And this-", I muttered grabbing her hand, her eyes widened as I bit her hand so hard that she almost cry in pain.

"That's for you doing everything you want without minding someone's personal space.", I said after she pulled her hand away.

"Aishh. Sunbaenim!?", She hissed silently. Holding her hand that I bit.

"You can still leave, I won't mind.", I said with a straight face.

She sighed heavily. And loosened her collar. She shut her eyes and slowly held her nape. I wish she would just leave.

But no, when she opened her eyes. A felt a sudden shiver prickled my spine. She took a step towards me, so I automatically stoop a step back.

She did it without breaking her gaze off me. Is she going to kill me? "Yeah?", I mumbled, and my voice hitched when I lost my balance and falling on my bed.

I panicked. Because she didn't stop moving forward. Crawling towards, until her whole frame hover on top of me.

"Let me just-", she whispered while I slowly felt her hand moving. I held my breath and swallowed hard looking at her eyes.

I couldn't think.

I couldn't move.

My heart leap when suddenly she slipped her hand underneath me, just behind my waist without breaking her gaze over me.

"Get this.", She said smiling as she wiggled the photo frame in front of my face. Then she quickly pulled herself up leaving me in a daze.

What did just happened?

I'm feeling suffocated again.

I closed my eyes, catching my breath.

Trying to compose my self.

"Wait, this is chief right? I swear this is chief. Though he looks younger here. And wait let me guess is this your father? His features have something in common with you. This man looks like you sunbaenim."

She started talking. But I felt somewhat weak. I can't even tilt my head.

-------

Lisa Pov

I'm sure this is chief, but without that stupid beard. I snorted as I look at the picture.

But these two guys beside him looks like sunbaenim's relative by just how similar some of their features are.

Then my eyes landed at the little girl sitting at the man's shoulder who's wearing a blue ball cap. Then my eyes narrowed.

Could this be her? Well, this is here in her room.

So who else could this be, and look at that cute nose, and baby cheeks. I smirked.

"Sunbaenim! This is you right?", I blurted as I point at the little girl in the picture, who looks grumpy even before.

My lips pursed. Looking at her still lying on her bed. "Put that down.", she muttered without looking at me. Aish, she's mad again. She's lucky I have such a huge tolerance with cranky girls.

I pouted. And just put back the photo frame on her side table.

"Can I ask you a question?", she suddenly said. And then finally sat at her bedside. Now facing me, looking really serious.

"Ye. Of course, you can.", I answered as I nod my head still smiling.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you always so eager to pry bout my stuff, and cross the line of being professional? Am I not obvious enough that I do not like what you're doing to me? That I do not want you overstepping the line.", she asked me straightforwardly. And I'm supposed to feel offended right, but I don't for some reason I'm more welcoming to that kind of treatment.

It's weird, am I a masochist? I smirked shaking my head.

"What's funny? I'm serious, officer.", she muttered as she frowns.

I heave a deep sigh, as I walk closer to her as I sat on my heels. Kneeling in front of her.

"I'm not that insensitive like you think I am, of course, I know you hate what I'm doing to you.", I mumbled as I look at her straight on the eyes. She seems startled with my action, but I don't care if I look stupid. Since she's being honest to me. I want to be honest with her too.

"Call me punk or whatever you want Ms. Lee Ji-eun. But I won't stop. Until you see me as a friend."

"I want to be your friend."

"If I have to court you to be my friend, then I'll do it. I'll do it whether you like or not.", I muttered firmly and flashes her my most genuine smile.

And as expected she just rolled her eyes again grumbling as she covered her face in frustration.

And my smile turned into chuckles, as I watch her slumped on her bed in defeat.

My eyes again wandered at the photo frame. Maybe this isn't the right time to be curious about it, there would be enough time for it but now I'm serious. I'm going to court this girl to be my friend. So her beautiful smiles wouldn't be a waste.

-------

"Appa!"

A little girl shouted, drawing the attention of his father.

"Jieun-ah! Aigoo..come here my princess.", the man wearing a blue ball cap, a plain white shirt and cargo pants greeted the little girl with his bright smile.

The girl rushed. Running to the man with a ball cap, who's arms are stretched out waiting for her. The moment she was just a foot away, the man grabbed her with his two hands on both sides, lifting her up so she could sit on his wide shoulder.

The little girl was so delighted, and her father was laughing with her full of happiness.

"So did my little princess miss appa?", the man asked beaming at his child. The little girl nods quickly.

"Where's your friends appa?", the little girl asks tilting trying to see her father's face but it was covered by the cap.

"They're here too and they brought you the toy you requested. But why does my princess ask for a toy gun? instead of a doll?", The man questions, as he pouts.

The little girl giggles, hearing the whine on her father's voice.

"Because I don't like to be a princess appa, they're weak and they always need a prince to save them. I don't need one because I want to fight dragons or wolves myself. And I'm gonna use guns to fight them, just like you appa. I want to be strong.", The little girl replied with enthusiasm.

"Wow! Our little Jieun-ah! I've heard that, and I am so proud of you. My niece is growing a fighter. Just like Hyung! ", the man who's much taller than her father appeared behind them.

"Uncle Wook!", the little girl wriggled her feet on her father's shoulder as soon as she saw her uncle Hanteo.

"Why are you late? Where's
Jung-ah? And my princess- I mean my soldier's gift?", her father asked worriedly but right then another man entered the door behind them, carrying three colorful boxes.

"Jung-ahjussi!", her daughter exclaimed with wide eyes, as she saw her father's best friend came with three big boxes on his arms.

Jung dropped the boxes at the floor as soon as he got inside, then grabbing his waist and gently stretches his back to find a relieve on his sore muscles. Her uncle and her father laughed immediately when they saw the agony on their friend's face for carrying the boxes.

"How can you laugh at me like that? I thought we're gonna carry our own gifts huh? You two?! Yah, don't laugh!? Jieunshi, why are you laughing with them? Don't you know my gift is the best toy gun of all the toy guns?", Jung said as he lifted the smallest box of three.

"Jinja?! Appa please put me down, I want to see ahjussi's gift.", the girl asked tilting to see his father's face once more.

"Wait, I want to take a picture first Jieun-ah where's your eomma?", his father roamed his eyes looking for his wife.

"Eomma!?", the girl shouted calling her mother from the kitchen. The woman's wearing an apron, and her tied up in a bun appeared seconds after.

"Jagiya!", her father exclaimed, and hastily run to his wife. Who welcome him with a kiss. Earning them a disgusted face from their daughter that made everyone laugh.

"You guys should tone that down, my niece can't take that much sweetness.", Wook snorted. Teasing his brother and the wife who happens to be his best friend.

"Haesoo, I bought a camera. Can you take a picture of us four?", her father said to his wife, grinning as he moved her hips forward, pointing to his pocket with his puckered lips. The woman chuckled, shaking her head in amusement. Before taking the camera from her husband's pocket.

The three men, stand beside each other with the little girl still carried by her father in the middle. The four made a pose through the camera as they waited for the shot to be taken.

"Ok, say cheese!", her mother said. Before a flash of light engulfed the whole room.

-------

Lisa Pov

I was awakened by the vibration coming from my phone which is just underneath my pillow.

I grunted, my face scrunches, as the light coming from the window is already beaming at the whole place. Forcing my eyes open. I felt unfamiliar, my body was aching.

"Arhh..aw, aw my back.", I mumbled as I try to push myself up to sit.

Why does my back hurt?

Then a sudden knock came just outside the room.

"Jieun-ah? my dear the breakfast is ready."

Jieun-ah?

My brows furrowed, still having difficulties with my sight because my eyes were still heavy.

Jieun-ah.

My eyes grew wide the moment I realize where I was. My eyes quickly prowled at the place, and when I look in front of me. I saw her.

Still sleeping peacefully.

Until another knock on the door startled me once again. But this time "Ye. Eomma!", sunbae answered still with her eyes closed.

I don't know why I suddenly felt nervous, as panic rushed in me when I saw her slowly pushing herself up, the way she slowly sat up, with her bare face, shriveled hair and her slightly showed collar bone had me speechless.

I gulped.

She just sat there still with eyes shut tight. I counted how long she stays like that, before she finally move an inch. It took her 20secs, I thought she fell asleep again. I chuckle silently.

Brrr~

My eyes widened when my phone vibrated again, I got startled and panicked picking it up but the phone fucking slipped from my hand and dropped to the floor. The sound echoed through her room, that's how she ended up wide awake and looking at me with a shocked face.

Our gazes met, and when she realized that she just woke, and so I did.

We quickly averted our eyes off each other and fixed both our looks, to brushing our hair, to smudging our eyes for any gooey stuff, to brushing off dried saliva or whatever the fuck could be there when we wake up.

I have never been this conscious of myself all my life. Maybe because we just know each other for three days? and I was here, already in her room. What the hell am I thinking last night to end up here?

This is why I shouldn't drink too much. I don't know where am I getting that kind of guts.

"I-I s-should, p-probably go. Fuck.", I cursed after shamefully stuttered with my own words. I hastily picked up my blazer and wore it without looking at her.

And rushed to the door, but I remember that I have to thank her for letting me stay here. So I spun still not looking at her. "T-thank you, for letting me stay here sunbaenim. See you later. Bye!", I exclaimed awkwardly, bowing before I rushed outside, to escape her eyes.

When I got out, I leaned my back to her door, closing my eyes and finally let out a sighed of relief. Holding my chest and calming myself.

"Lisa, dear are you alright?"

I gasped. Opening my eyes and looking at her mother with terror.

My fucking heart almost jump out in shock. What the hell, I should also stop drinking caffeine from on. This is getting ridiculous.

"You look terrified? What happened? Is my daughter already awake?", Mrs. Lee followed up with another set of questions.

I swallowed a lump. "Y-yes eomoni s-she is. Don't worry bout me I'm alright, and I-I have to go. My sister is already looking for me?", I said with an awkward smile, as I show her my phone. The latter nod in understanding.

"Do you like to eat first before you go? ", the lady asked. And my face saddened as I shook my head in disappointment.

"I'm sorry, I would really love to eomoni, I wish I have more time-", I said with a tight-lipped smile.

"Oh, no worries, I get it you still need to change before you go to work. You probably need to go back home as soon as possible. Of course dear. I understand.", her mother told with a smile, while giving me way.

I bowed to her, as I thanked her. I quickly bid my goodbye waving my hand at her, and bowing one more time, before I left their house and drove out of their residence.

My hands gripped at the steering wheel of my car.

I took a deep sigh, finally getting a breather. And reached my chest palming the part where my heart is. It finally cooled down. I felt so suffocated which is weird. There's nothing to feel nervous about like I had a very thick face last night to insist my self towards her. But this morning I couldn't even look at her eyes.

Maybe because I just feel guilty for staring at her exposed skin. Yeah, I admit I stared quite long on that part.

I chuckled.

"Dammit.", I cursed, shaking my head, trying to erase the memories of it out of my head and focused on the road.

I should stop getting these weird thoughts, yup I should do that.

--------

Jieun Pov

I sighed in relief, leaning my head on the headboard when I heard her bid her goodbye and closed the front door. The punk already left.

I could finally breathe.

I always had a hard time breathing when I see her. And it's really annoying.

I sighed heavily, as I take a look at the photo frame from my side table.

"Appa", I mumbled. As I remember the memories I had that day when we took that picture. How can I forget that was my birthday?

A knock on my diverted my attention. I looked up "Can I come in?", my mom asked.

"Ye.", I answered short.

Then she slowly opened the door and went inside, and approaches my bed with a smile.

"Lisa left already.", She reported. But I didn't react. Why would I? I don't care if she leaves.

"Your friend looked so terrified when she got out of your room.", my mother added. "She should be. And eomma, she's not a friend. She's a hoobae, just a hoobae that I need to babysit.", I quickly retorted.

"Then you're being too hard to your hoobae. She said she wants to be your friend, why don't you let her? There's nothing wrong adding another co-officer as a friend. Irene and Jin-goo are your friends, what's wrong adding Lisa on the list?", Eomoni asked, making me narrowed my eyes.

"Because I don't like her. Do you know she doesn't even need to be like us, when she owns a black card. It only means she's way too rich to be just a public servant. She even paid for my hospital bill that cost a million won per night?! How absurd can that be? Why would she need to work for someone else when she could own a business and hire people herself. ", I explained looking exasperated, crossing my arms and leaning against the headboard.

"You were brought to the hospital? Why didn't you tell me about that?!", my mother asked right away. I bit my lip as I realized I talked a little bit too far.

"It's nothing serious, it was just lack of sleep, stress. You know me eomma, you know how dedicated I am with my work, so don't worry it's something that happens to many people.", I reasoned out. But my mother still look suspicious about it.

"So there was more reason for me to thank that kid, that I didn't know huh." She paused and held my hand.

"Jieun, have you forgotten? I see that kid is just like him. Your father could own their family business but he chooses not to. And you know the reason.", My mother reminded me.

My jaw clenched.

Of course, I'm not forgetting about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I would also love to read your comments about this chapter guys, if you were reading. Anyway, have a great Sunday everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.4K 2K 30
Two different lifestyles. One, a village girl (Jennie) who is the daughter of the chief. Upon the sudden earthquake, she and her best friend (Chaeyou...
194K 5K 30
"Jennieyah!" Hiccup. "Hey, Lisa is that you?" Jennie asked worriedly. "Hehe ne. How are you, my baby?!" Lisa asked loudly. "Nini, mianhe." Her voi...
3.6K 111 17
Jenlisa g!p 18+ 'That's enough out of you." Lisa drew her hands along the tops of her thighs. Her flawless skin was soft and contradicting under her...
Busan By Lyn

Fanfiction

3.4M 97.7K 49
Lalisa Manoban was an ordinary girl. She just finished studying in Busan, and for going back in Seoul, she will pursue her dreams and have a decent j...