RWBYK 2: The Light of Kings

By SonicBlade40

After few months had passed since the events of Vol 1., Team RWBYK is back and ready for their second semeste... More

Chapter 2 - A Plan Comes Together
Chapter 3 - A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 4 - Paint The Town
Chapter 5 - Roses and Requests
Special: A RWBYK Christmas
Chapter 6 - Old Tragedies
Chapter 7 - Vanitas
Chapter 8 - Secret Origins
Chapter 9 - Reveals in the Heart
Chapter 10 - Extracurricular
Chapter 11 - Red and Blue
Chapter 12 - Dance Dance Infiltration
Chapter 13 - Field Trip
Chapter 14 - Search and Destroy
Chapter 15 - Mountain Glenn
Chapter 16 - No Brakes
Chapter 17 - Dark Breach
Chapter 18: Finale - The Light Awakens

Chapter 1: Best Day Ever

2K 24 20
By SonicBlade40

Hey guys! Stormy here! Welcome to RWBYK: The Last Knight Volume 2! I know it is a little too early to jump in to this, but I wanted to do it. I enjoy doing this fanfic, and I want you all to enjoy this story.

P.S: If you guys have any good suggestions for any oc characters, please comment and share some of your ideas.

Now, let the story begin!!!

XXXXXXXX

(Vale)

A ship flies through the skies over Vale, and its peaceful city streets. The owner of the Dust shop 'From Dust Til Dawn' is hanging a sign declaring it's re-opening. As he climbs down from his ladder, he stumbles and falls.

'Scuse me, sorry. I'm not really from around here." A female voice said. Appearing next to the elderly man was a thin female with dark skin, dark-red eyes, light mint green hair cut with a straight fringe and bangs as well as two long locks on each side. She wore two bronze-colored rings on her middle fingers as well as high-heeled shoes. She also wore a gold three-ring armband on her left arm and a sting of gold beads near the same wrist, white pants, brown chaps that ended at her calves, and an overlong belt, twice-wrapped. This was Emerald Sustrai. "Would you mind pointing me in the direction of this shop?"

"Hmm? Mm-hmm." Edward mumbled, pointing in the direction of the shop he was asked about. Emerald walked away from Edward as both waved goodbye and passed a tall well-built man with silver-gray eyes, silver-gray hair, and pale skin wearing a gray and black two-tone partial-zip jacket that covered his upper body. This here was Mercury Black.

Emerald walks away from the shop owner as both wave goodbye and passes Mercury Black at a corner.

"I knew you were lost." Mercury said.

"Mercury, I will pay you to shut up." She produces a wallet with Lien and waves it in Mercury's face.

"That's not our money."

"But it can be yours for 5 minutes of silence." Emerald said.

"Mmmm...no deal." Mercury declined.

"Fine." Emerald takes the Lien and tosses the wallet, turning to walk away.

Whatever. You want me." Mercury said. "So, how much farther?" he asked after the duo traversed the city.

"A few blocks." Emerald replied.

"Ugh... this place is so dull." Mercury complained.

"Eh, I kinda like it. Tall buildings, diverse culture-" Emerald stated.

"And nice dopey people who are easy to pickpocket." Mercury added, causing Emerald to stop momentarily.

"That's every city." Emerald said.

"Ooh, Emerald! Master thief! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to get by!" Mercury said, play acting as a victim. Emerald just glared at him before groaning angrily and walking away. "Ugh... you're no fun today."

Mercury followed behind Emerald into the shop they were looking for. As they entered the shop, the store owner could be heard humming a tune. Mercury stopped near the doors to look at books while Emerald approached the counter and rang the service bell.

"Be right there!" the shop owner called out from behind the counter. Entering through a set of double doors behind the desk was a tall man with cleanly cut black hair, noticeable sideburns, and brown eyes wearing a short sleeved beige shirt with black accents with a zipper on it, pulled down to a point below his collarbone. This man was Tukson Pyūma. "Welcome to "Tukson's Book Trade," home to every book under the sun!" he said, setting the stack of books down. "How may I..." he started, but paused when he saw who it was, gasping slightly as he recognized the duo. "How may I help you?"

"Just browsing." Mercury said, holding a book in his hand.

"Actually, I was wondering, do you have any copies of "The Thief and The Butcher"?" Emerald asked.

"Yes we do." Tukson replied.

"That's great!" Emerald said excitedly.

"Would you... like a copy?" Tukson asked.

"No, just wondering." Emerald said, Mercury closing another book. "Oh, oh! What about "Violet's Garden"? In paperback?"

"He's got it. Hardback too." Mercury stated.

"Will that be all?" Tukson asked.

"Oh, no, wait!" Emerald exclaimed, "What... about... "Third Crusade"?"

"Um... I..." Tukson hesitated, Mercury and Emerald eyeing him carefully, "... don't believe we carry that one."

"Oh." Mercury said, slamming another book shut.

"What was this place called again?" Emerald asked.

"Tukson's Book Trade." Tukson replied.

"And you're Tukson?" Emerald questioned.

"That's right." Tukson answered.

"So then I take it that you're the one that came up with the catchphrase?" Emerald asked.

"Yes." Tukson said.

"And what was it again?" Mercury asked, causing Tukson to sigh lowly.

"'Tukson's Book Trade, home to every book under the sun.'" The man quoted.

"Except the "Third Crusade"." Mercury pointed out.

"It's just a catchphrase." Tukson countered.

"It's false advertising!" Mercury exclaimed.

"You shouldn't make a promise you can't keep, Tukson." Emerald said, Mercury activated a switch near the entrance which caused one of the front windows to darken, "I hear that you're planning on leaving. Moving all the way to Vacuo." Mercury activated another switch, another window in the front darkened, "Your brothers in the White Fang won't be happy to hear that." she stated, Mercury activated a third switch, causing the last of the windows in the front to darken. "And neither are we... You know who we are, don't you?"

"Yes." Tukson replied.

"And you know why we're here?"

"Yes."

"So... are you going to fight back?"

"Yes!" Tukson yelled, producing claws from his fingers, "Yaargh!" he leapt atop his counter in a threatening manner. Mercury and Emerald backed up slightly as Tukson lunged at Emerald and slashed at her, but she dodged. Tukson looked forward and was surprised at Mercury as he raised on leg for a kick with his shotgun-greaves.

XXXXXXXX

A Minute Later...

Mercury and Emerald are seen exiting "Tukson's Book Trade". Emerald stretched her arms overhead and Mercury was carrying a comic.

"What's with that?" Emerald asked, noticing the comic in her partner's hands.

"I like the pictures." Mercury replied, as the duo continued on their way through Vale.

XXXXXXX

(Opening Theme: Simple and Clean - Utada Hikaru)

XXXXXXXXX

Beacon Academy - Rooftop

"...I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly. It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, 'Cause everything is never as it seems...' Ky sung as he currently sat atop the roof of the school. Below him was the familiar sight of the school yard. It's intricate and sophisticated stone arches lining a pathway running parallel to the main walkway into the school doors.

Several weeks had passed since the dock incident with Torchwick and the White Fang. Despite the injury dealt to Ky during the event, he made a full recovery, much to everyone's happiness.

That did not mean that there were no concerns at all, and the first of those concerned Penny. For all intents and purposes, the girl seemed to have simply vanished off the face of Remnant, and it left Ruby a little worried for her. She was sure that Penny had gotten home safely, but after not seeing her anywhere for all that time, even among the other students that were coming to Beacon for the Vytal Festival, anyone would be concerned. Another thing to note was that some of them were worried about how some of the teachers would react if they found out about Blake, but the cat girl had assured everyone that the most any of the professors knew was that she was hiding the fact she was a Faunus. Some of them were a bit skeptical of her belief, but they kept quiet and thanked their lucky stars that Blake was being allowed to remain at Beacon all the same.

Aptus had decided not to enroll at Beacon with Ky, despite how great an opportunity it would prove to be, and instead just claimed he was a visiting student from another academy. If anyone asked whether or not the rest of his team was going to be coming as well, he would simply say that it remained to be seen due to his teammates not being very open to traveling between kingdoms. It was also amazing how fast he became friends with the others in school, especially Nora.

"I knew you'd be here." said a chirpy voice.

Ky's smile grew wider, as he turned to look at Ruby, who dressed in her Beacon uniform and was wearing her typical red cloak. He also noticed she was carrying a huge white book under her right arm. "Hey Rosebud."

"Where's Aptus?" Ruby asked with a furrowed brow as she looked around for the fox Faunus.

Ky scratched the back of his head and shrugged once more. "Honestly I'm not sure, but he's probably just exploring the campus." He replied. "What brought you up here?"

"Oh well...I was gonna head to the cafeteria and I was curious to see if you wanted to join me..." Ruby said, as she rocked back and forth waiting for an answer from the blue-nette as he smiled.

"Yeah, sure." A wide smile appeared on Ruby's face as she said, "Great! Let's head on down there now!"

With a grin, Ky then stood up and turned around as they made their way to the door with Ruby moving closer to his side. "By the way, what's up with the binder?" Ky asked, tapping said item in the crimsonette's hand.

"Oh this!" Ruby said as she looked down at the binder. "I just put together things we could do as team with the others. Look!" She held it up for Ky to see.

On the cover of the binder is written "Vytal Festival Activities, Property of Weiss Schnee." This has been hastily crossed out with a red marker pen, and with the same pen, a new title," Best Day Ever Activities", has been written underneath.

Ky snorted. "You stole Snow White's binder, didn't you?"

A look of feign innocence crossed the crimson-nette's face as she turned away, saying, "I am not a crook." Ky stifled a laugh as he shook his head.

"Yeah, you're too cute to become a crook, Rosebud," He remarked. Ruby blushed deeply at the mention.

"W-What?"

Ky grinned her expression. "Come on Rosebud, let's go. I'm starving," He said, as he opened the door and went back inside the school.

With a blush still present on her face, Ruby then ran after him, with the binder in her arms. "H-Hey, wait for me!"

XXXXXXX

[At Beacon's Cafeteria]

The rest of Team RWBYK was currently sitting at an end table as Blake was looking at some sketches in her notebook. What consisted of it was White Fang symbols, a few sketches with some words in it. Interrupting her thoughts, Yang slid next to Blake.

"What'cha doin?" Yang asked as she leaned a bit on Blake.

"Nothing." Blake said, closing her book, "Just going over notes from last semester." Of course, this was a lie, she didn't want to have her friends worry like she currently is right now. Suddenly, Yang opens her mouth as a grape comes flying in front of her, catching it with ease.

"Lame." Yang said simply as Nora, who was seating with the rest of team JNPR at a nearby table, was tossing food from at Yang with a spoon, or at least, grapes. She giggles as she continues to toss grapes at yang with her spoon. Yang catches the fruit with ease, giving Nora the thumbs up.

Before anyone could say anything more on the matter, Ky and Ruby showed up near their team's table, as the latter gives an enormous heave, slams a binder onto the table, catching everyone off guard. Ky then gave both teams a toothy grin, "Good morning, ladies...friends...and Snow White."

"Hey!" Weiss cried out, as Ruby stifle a snicker at the jab.

"What took you so long to get here?" Yang asked, before catching a another fruit tossed by Nora.

"Also, where's Aptus?" Blake asked, looking around for her fellow Faunus.

Ky the replied. "Well, Ap was checking out the school ground. As for me..." He then gestured around with his arm, in a dramatic way. "I got lost on the path called 'life'."

Weiss merely gave him a deadpanned expression. "Sooo profound," She remarked sarcastically.

"Moving on, our fearless leader has something she would like to discuss," Ky said, gesturing to scythe user. "Rosebud, if you would..."

With a smile, Ruby then stepped forward and cleared her throat as her team listened. "Sisters...Friends...Weiss."

"Really!?" Weiss exclaimed.

"Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream," Ruby continued on, sounding like she was giving an incredible speech all the while.

"This oughta be good," Yang grinned as she about to catch another berry, only for Ky to catch it instead."Hey, I was about to get that." She pouted.

"Hehe. Guess you're too slow." The blunette grinned.

Ruby continued on. "A dream that one day, all five of us would come together as friends, and have the most fun anyone has ever had...ever!"

"Did you steal my binder?" Weiss interrupted, having noticed something that was more than a little familiar about the book Ruby had brought to their table.

"Like I told Ky, I am not a crook," was Ruby's only reply as she shot Weiss a couple of peace sign with both hands, earning her a snicker from Ky.

"Yeah, and since red's her favorite color, I guess you could say she's been caught...Ruby red-handed," Ky joked, or more accurately, punned, much to his friends' displeasure, and in some cases horror.

After getting out their moans and groans, Ruby immediately pointed to the blonde girl on the other side of the table, and said, "You and Yang have been spending way too much time around each other."

"Hey, it's not our fault that you guys don't have a sense of humor," Yang shrugged, neither confirming nor denying the accusation.

"Actually we do, and that's the whole problem," Ruby fired back.

As entertaining as she found this, Blake was still curious about whatever it was Ruby was going on about just now, and decided to get them back onto the original topic. "What are you talking about, Ruby?" she asked.

"Huh? Oh! I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!" Ruby eagerly announced.

"I always kick my semesters off with a Yang," the older of the two sisters then punned, completely breaking the moment for Ruby. "Eh? Guys? Am I right?"

Yang's only response to her bad joke was a number of face-palms, shaking heads, and groans, coupled with an apple that Nora threw at her face while crying out, "Boooooooo!"

Hoping to avoid anyone causing a scene or starting something dramatic, Ruby quickly and happily intervened. "Look guys, it's been a good two weeks, and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But classes start back up tomorrow. Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today!"

"I don't know whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store for us," Weiss admitted worriedly, while ignoring Yang's attempt at retaliation for Nora's recent food attack. She missed her target, but did end up hitting someone else instead, much to the ginger haired girl's amusement.

"I don't know, I think I might sit this out." Blake said with her usual neutral expression.

"Sit out or not, I think that however we spend the last day, we should do it as a team!" Weiss said as she got up. "I think that-" she was soon interrupted

"I got it!" Nora shouted, causing Yang to shake their heads no.

"I for one think that-" Weiss stood up from her seat, only to end up getting a pie right in the face before she could say much of anything. The others all instantly spun to face the pie-thrower, only to see a very startled looking Pyrrha and Jaune, an exasperated Ren holding his face in his palm, and Nora quickly dropping back into her seat while throwing an accusatory finger at her best friend despite how obvious it was that she was the guilty party.

Just when the girls were about to retaliate on Nora's recent pie attack, Ky suddenly laughed and said, "Hey check it out! A Weiss-Cream Pie!"

Weiss wipes most of the cream from the pie that was thrown on her face, only to reveal a death stare she was giving towards Nora, who begins laughing nervously. "You fiend!" The heiress shouted.

She then grabbed another pie from the table, which you were about to dig in, and threw it at Nora while screaming in frustration. Unfortunately, Nora dodged it and it ended up hitting Pyrrha, which silenced her laughing.

Ky stood up on the table after seeing this commotion. With a wicked grin in his face, he shouted the two words before all hell broke loose.....

"FOOD FIGHT!"

XXXXXXXX

Around the same time chaos incarnate was beginning to unfold, Sun was actually heading over to the cafeteria as well with his partner right beside him, listening in amazement as the monkey boy told him about the craziness that had gone down that night at the docks. "Man, that's harsh," the blue-haired boy commented during Sun's most recent pause in the story.

"So then we were fighting side by side, and she was super fast and I threw a banana at a guy, which sounds gross, but it was awesome," Sun continued on.

"Nice!"

"Right? And the best part is she's a Faunus," Sun accidentally revealed. Thankfully, he realized his mistake quickly enough, and immediately added, "But that's a secret, okay?"

"Got it."

"And not a 'I'm gonna go tell Scarlet the second Sun turns his back' secret. I'm talking secret-secret," Sun emphasized with a look to his friend.

"Whoa, chill out man, okay? I got it," the blue-haired boy reassured him. When Sun gave him another look to be absolutely sure, he nodded once again as he repeated in a near-whisper, "I got it!"

"You better," Sun cautioned, earning him a scoff from his friend. "I just don't want to screw this up, ya know? The people here are the coolest! No offense to you guys."

"None taken," his friend dismissed with an easy going smile. "Especially after hearing about these 'Ky and Aptus' guys you were talking about. Speaking of which, what were they doing the whole time?"

"Aw man, you should've seen it!" Sun cheered, getting excited all over again at the memory of the duo in action. "They were tearing through White Fang like they were nothing, and I was thinking that their weapons weren't really going to do much, but after seeing the stuff they did, boy was I proven wrong! Aptus was blasting them with fire, with this badass armor, and Ky was slicing them in half like a freaking master swordsman, and to top it all off, they pulled out of crazy team attack and wiped all the bad guys out!"

"Whoa! Seriously?! You're not just messing with me now, right," the guy questioned.

"Dude, I wouldn't be telling you this if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes," Sun insisted. "I get the feeling that those guys have some kind of bigger story behind them, but whatever it is, it's probably an even huger secret than the Faunus thing, and some of them seem pretty tight-lipped or really sensitive about it, so don't try to press them for answers on that stuff, okay, Neptune?"

"Like I said, man, I got it," Neptune reassured his friend.

The two were just about at the entrance to the cafeteria, having taken no notice of the chaos that was happening inside as they were passing by the windows, not even when Jaune suddenly came flying into one of those windows along with some of the food, and it would be a little longer before they did notice anything, as they soon heard someone else calling out to them. "Yo Sun! Wait up," a male shouted out, making the boy in question turn to see Aptus walking over to him and his friend.

"Aptus, good to see you," Sun greeted in return as he came to a stop before him and his friend. "I was just telling my buddy about you and the others."

"Oh! I take it that you're one of Sun's teammates?" Aptus asked.

"Yep. Name's Neptune. Nice to meet you," the blue-haired boy introduced holding our a hand.

Aptus smiled and shook the light-blunette's hand. "Likewise. I'm sure you already know my name. Got it memorized?"

"Sure do" Neptune stated as they ended the handshake. "So, Sun's told me that you use armor to fight?"

"For the most part. I use to increase my Fire semblance and my strength," Aptus admitted. "So where are you guys headed?"

"To the cafeteria. I wanted to introduce the others to Neptune since he just got here today," Sun explained. "What about you? You wanna come with us?"

"Sure, Ky texted me moments ago about where they'd be, so I was about to head there anyways," Aptus explained.

"Well, what're we waiting for? They should all be just in here then," Sun said. Turning back to Neptune, he then added, "I'm really excited for you to meet them, so be cool, okay? You're gonna be cool, right?"

"Dude," Neptune replied as he assumed a cool pose and grinned, his teeth flashing a little in the sunlight as if to emphasize his argument.

"Good point," Sun agreed, while Aptus just raised an eyebrow in question, wondering how that was supposed to answer Sun's question.

Aptus shook it off though, as they all just headed on in to the cafeteria, only to freeze up a little as they were nearly trampled over by a number of fleeing students. "What in the world," Aptus started to ask, only to stop short when Cardin suddenly fell over his own feet in his attempts to get away right next to him.

"We're dead," Cardin shouted, obviously having a panic attack of some kind. "We are dead! All dead! All gonna die! Dead men be we! A cornucopia of pain and despair is coming our way to ensure our demise! We are so going to die-e-e!"

Cardin likely would have continued on further from that had one of his teammates not come up from behind, hoisted him up, and then slapped him in the face. "Get a hold of yourself, man! AND RUN LIKE CRAZY!" said teammate shouted, but Aptus, Sun, and Neptune were unable to tell which member of Team CRDL it was before he vanished from the room along with the rest of the students, leaving them as the only witnesses to the madness that was about to unfold here.

"Ahahahaha," Nora loudly cackled from atop a massive fortress made up of tables and a couple of soda machines, while standing proudly on various points of her fortress was the rest of Team JNPR. A minute later, Nora started singing out, "I'm queen of the castle~! I'm queen of the castle~!"

"Not for long!" Ky crossed his arms while the girls got into their positions. "When I'm through with you guys, I'll become the next King."

"Hey!"

The two teams looked over and saw Aptus walking up to them. "What'cha doing?"

As Nora finishes singing, she spots Aptus in the distance and points at him. "Aptus! Join us!" Nora yelled out as Aptus consider it for a second.

"No Ap!" Aptus looks towards Ky who reaches out to him. "Don't stoop so low that you're willing to join their side!" Ky pleaded out as Aptus laughs.

"Sorry pal," The fox Faunus sprints over to Team JNPR's side. "But when it comes to choosing teams, I feel like it would be smarter to side with the team that has both Nora and Pyrrha on it than against them."

"This mutiny! Mutiny, I say!" Ky dramatically shot up on the table and angrily pointed at his best-friend. "You shall pay for this treachery, Firebrand! DO YOU HEAR ME?! Commander Rose, RAISE THE FLAGS OF WAR!"

Ruby suddenly stomped down on the table beside dramatically, "Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful," Ruby promised soon after while squashing a milk carton in one hand. "IT WILL BE DELCIOUS!"

"YEAH!" the rest of Team RWBYK screamed out, raising their fists high to show their readiness for battle.

"Off with their head!" Nora ordered while jumping down from her tower, signaling her team to attack.

Hearing his childhood friend's order, Ren immediately stomped down on a tray holding three watermelons, and then sent them flying at Team RWBYK with a fast spin kick. Jaune and Pyrrha were quick to send their own large green fruits flying as well, while Aptus batted several melons at the opponents using trays he strapped to his arms, and Nora went the extra mile by flipping over an entire table of watermelons.

"Yang! Turkey," Ruby ordered. Yang immediately rushed forward to grab a pair of turkeys from the ground, and immediately slipped them onto her hands so that she could use them like her gauntlets. One quick slam of the cooked birds later, She proceeded to block and punch through whatever melons sped towards her

Ky then grabbed two baguettes, and jumped towards some of the melons soaring on the air. Upon contact, he twirls the baguettes between his hands at an incredible pace and control, slicing and dicing the melons he encounters in the air. Upon landing with a swift crouch and completion, Blake then leaps in over Ky's crouching figure and picks up two baguettes as she rolled along the ground after landing, and destroyed four more melons, leaving the last one for Yang to smash with a fast back kick. Yang then sent the turkeys flying at Pyrrha and Jaune, and while the invincible girl was able to dodge the projectiles, Jaune was not so lucky. Grabbing a baguette of her own, Pyrrha then immediately moved to engage Blake in a duel of bread-blades. Ky would have tried to assist Blake in her battle against the redhead, but Aptus had other ideas, as he intercepted Ky with his pair of tray gauntlets.

"How could you betray me!? We were brothers once!" Ky snarled at Aptus after they had locked weapons.

"Once," Aptus confirmed before he broke the lock and engaged Ky in a high speed duel.

(Pretend Ky is Obito and Aptus is Kakashi, though the former is using metal trays to fight)

The two boys were very evenly matched until Ky took his eyes off the Faunus just long enough to see Blake being forced back by Pyrrha. That left him open for Aptus to finally bash him back, and he continued to press his advantage by tossing one of his trays at Ky, while Pyrrha did the same with one of her baguettes. The only difference was that Pyrrha was targeting Yang, and throwing her bread projectiles in a manner similar to how she would throw her javelin. Ky was unable to stave off the metal tray, and while Yang was able to hold her own for a short time, she was ultimately knocked down by Pyrrha. Ruby was not about to let her sister's defeat stand, and she proved it by using a food tray to slide along the tables towards Pyrrha. When Pyrrha's next baguette came for her, Ruby quickly spun around and sent the loaf flying in the opposite direction. Pyrrha was completely caught off guard at seeing her attack had ended up deflected, and as a result, she ended up unprepared for the moment when Ruby came flying in to slam her tray into the invincible girl, her strong legs adding some extra strength to the blow.

Ren and Nora immediately came running in to get even for their fallen teammate, but their opponents were ready for the pair, as Ruby proved when she leapt aside, allowing Weiss to release a stream of ketchup onto the floor before them. Ren was unable to either slow down or stop before his feet hit the slippery trail, and ended up crashing into several tables that had been stacked up as a make-shift barricade at some point. Nora was able to take advantage of the scattered tables though, as she jumped onto and off one to grab a flagpole that she then stabbed into a watermelon, granting her a make-shift hammer.

She had intended to hit Weiss with the melon hammer, but before she knew what was happening, Ky had jumped between Nora and her target, taking the hit for Weiss. "Snow White, tag in!" He yelled, before slamming into a table.

Seeing the opportunity Ky gave her, Weiss quickly scooped up a sword fish to engage Nora in a one-on-one face-off. Weiss's skill with her usual weapon seemed to hold true even with her improvised sword, but Nora's overwhelming power and strength ended up being too much for her, and she was soon sent flying away after a particularly nasty hit.

Said hit ended up sending Weiss crashing into a pillar, rendering her unconscious and causing the pillar to collapse before it slowly started to fall, threatening to flatten Weiss when it came to the ground. Luckily, Ruby came to the rescue, easily catching her partner before she was crushed, but it did not seem like Weiss was going to be waking up. "Weiss. Weiss! Don't leave me," Ruby called out in an attempt to rouse her partner, but it proved futile. "NOOOOOO!"

Unfortunately for Nora, Ky had recovered just when Ruby's dramatic cry of sorrow had rang out, and after seeing Weiss was down, he raced forward, grabbing two baguettes to use as swords. He soon clashed his food-weapons against Nora's until eventually they found themselves in a hard lock with one another, and he took that moment to deliver a promise to JNPR's powerhouse. "You're going down, Thunder-Thighs!"

"Bring it!" Nora grinned eagerly, and like that, their duel commenced once again, while Yang scooped up another pair of turkeys to engage Aptus and Ren.

Ren had grabbed a pair of leeks to use like the blades on his guns, Aptus Lea had retrieved a pair of large pretzels that he wielded like his gauntlets, and the two were soon matching Yang blow for blow. Sadly, Ren was quickly overwhelmed by Yang's reflexes and strength, and even after using the moment he was knocked into the air to try and take Yang down, he was ultimately defeated by the blonde. Thankfully, Aptus was still going, and was soon sending adding a small bit of fire to his large pretzels when he next attacked. Yang was able to match the redhead, but it was clear from his cocky grin that Aptus believed he still held the advantage. That cockiness was soon proven when Ky suddenly came from out of nowhere and slammed behind Yang, no doubt courtesy of a particularly hard hit from Nora.

Seeing Yang a bit distracted at the action, it granted Aptus the opening he needed to finally take down the blonde. The red/orange haired teen easily tossed his pretzels at Yang, who fortunately, was quick enough to get out of range. Sad thing was, her attempt to dodge Aptus put her right in Nora's line of fire, and the ginger haired girl easily used her melon hammer to send Yang flying up through the ceiling.

"Holy crap! Yang!" Ky exclaimed in shock.

Seeing her partner get taken down, Blake was more than ready to retaliate, and given that Nora and Aptus's last attacks came at the cost of losing their weapons, she was sure that she held the advantage now, so she quickly retrieved a long, link of sausages and attacked. With a few easy, hard swings, she used the link like a whip, and struck both Aptus and Nora hard enough to send them flying back into the soda machines that rested at the base of their team's fortress. Unfortunately for Blake, that proved to supply Aptus and Nora with some new weapons, and they quickly made that clear when they began launching several soda bombs at her. Blake was able to dodge many of them easily enough, thanks in part to her Semblance and natural agility.

Aptus and Nora did not slow down in their throwing of soda cans though, until Pyrrha finally recovered from Ruby's earlier attack and saw what they were doing. Seeing a few more soda cans on the ground around her, Pyrrha did not need to think twice about using her Semblance to up the ante, and soon sent a massive wave of soda cans flying towards her opponent, giving Nora and Aptus a chance to take a break from their soda throwing. Seeing Pyrrha joining in on the soda barrage, and before either cat Faunus could react, she was knocked back and out of the fight by a storm of soda bombs.

When they saw their teammates go flying over their heads, Ruby and the recovered Ky both slowly rose to their feet again, leveling a glare at their opponents, as the latter adopted his best French accent said, "Mademoiselle Rose, would you be so kind as to help me deliver a special order to our foes?"

"With pleasure, good sir," Ruby quipped in return, giving Ky his cue to drop into a runner's stance.

"Wait, what are they doing..." Aptus started to ask when he saw them standing together.

Jaune had just recovered in time to hear the fox Faunus's question, and was about to ask what he was talking about, when he saw Ruby take a runner's starting stance, like Ky. "Oh they wouldn't..." he protested.

"Ready?" Ruby shouted to Ky.

"They would," Ren informed his leader.

"Set," Ky called back to Ruby, making Team JNPR and Aptus all the more nervous.

"GO!" both then shouted as one. The minute that they shouted that, the duo took off with their fastest and most powerful burst of speed, grabbing every bit of food in the tailwind that followed them.

"Violet Torpedo!"

Before they could even question the attack, the group saw Ruby grab Ky's arm as they start spinning, infusing herself with him, creating into a purple tornado of violet petals before they teleported past them and the boys of Team JNPR. A moment later, they too felt themselves getting picked up by the powerful winds along with the rest of their allies, and they did not stop until they all slammed into the wall that was just cracked by the wind pressure of Ky and Ruby's speed. They barely saw the duo teleport away before their eyes found the storm of food that flying at them, and they all knew one thing in that moment.

"I think I made a terrible mistake," was all that Aptus could utter out, and while he mainly meant that in regards to his choice of sides in this food fight, others could say that it also applied to the decision to challenge Ky Virtus and Ruby Rose to a food fight at all.

None of them were able to answer, as Aptus and the whole team of JNPR were soon covered from head to toe in stains of different colors from the food as they powerless to defend themselves.

(Music ends)

A moment later, Ky and Ruby reappeared the floor again, standing before the cracked wall that had now become a relative work of pop art, leaving Team JNPR and Aptus to drop to the ground, defeated at last. Ky only needed to bask in his team's victory for a moment before he looked to the defeated team and openly mocked, "How'd you guys like that!? I bet you did 'egg-pect' to get your asses kicked!" He then turned to Ruby. "Well, I'd say we showed them who the true King and Queen of the cafeteria are, m'lday."

"Indeed. Though I couldn't have done it without you, good sir," Ruby commented in a faux, proper-sounding accent, knowing that he was referring to her with that last bit.

"I live to please," Ky bowed with a bit of showboating as his answer to Ruby's statement, earning a cute giggle from Ruby in return. His moment of showing off only continued when he grasped Ruby's hand and place a quick kiss on the back of her palm, drawing a brilliant blush onto Ruby's face while making her giggles grow a little more. Sure, she had a hunch he was just playing around, but it was still very touching all the same to Ruby.

As he watched the show continue on, Aptus could not help but smirk at the sight of the blue/red duo. It was very clear just how much the two were clicking together with one another, so he had to wonder just how much longer it would be before those two also realized this.

Sun on the other hand, had taken in everything that had just happened, and could only think of one thing to say. "I love these guys." Turning to his partner, he saw Neptune was covered in grape soda, and it did not look like the teen could find it in himself to agree with the sentiment as well.

Soon, Glynda Goodwitch suddenly stormed in with a very cross look on her face. Sure, you could say that she was upset that some of the students had decided to start a food fight that had nearly destroyed the cafeteria, but others would argue that part of her irritation was due to the fact that she was the one who was now having to clean up the resulting mess. Sure, it was not too hard, given her Semblance made it easy to return everything to its original state after a simple wave of her riding crop, but it was the principle of the matter, all the same.

When the last table had finally been returned to its original spot, Glynda leveled a powerful glare on the two teams involved in the food fight, and said, "Children, please." She then paused to readjust her glasses, unknowingly making things all the more dramatic before she finished her statement when she did. "Do not play with your food."

On the other side of things, the teams that Goodwitch was glaring at were all just keeping quiet until Nora let out a loud burp.

"Hey, where's Yang?" Jaune asked, looking around for said blond. As if to answer his question, a screaming Yang then crashes from the ceiling and landed directly on Aptus

"Found her..." Aptus grumbled, as Ky was the first to burst out laughing like no tomorrow, with the others following along soon after, much to Glynda's growing displeasure. She likely would have started screaming at someone or something, had she not suddenly felt a calming hand being placed on her shoulder, and turned to see Ozpin had just arrived.

"Let it go," Ozpin insisted, not sounding upset at all.

Despite the fact that her boss did not seem the least bit angry with these kids, Goodwitch still managed to let out a calming breath, even if it did still sound rather angry when it came. "They're supposed to be the defenders of the world, while four of them are supposed to be defenders of so much more than that," Goodwitch grumbled.

"And they will be, while those very four have been just that for quite some time now, but right now they're all still children. So why not let them play the part," Ozpin asked. As he turned to leave, he could not help but add, "After all, it isn't a role they'll have forever..."

If the students heard what their headmaster had said, they did not seem to give any indication of it, since they were all still laughing like no tomorrow and going on about various points in their bout that each of them found particularly awesome in one way or another.

XXXXXXX

Old Abandoned Warehouse

In an unknown warehouse, the White Fang was moving crates as Emerald and Mercury entered.

"Oh, look! She sent the kids again! This is turning out just like the divorce!" Roman said, approaching the two from behind and wrapping his arms around them in a group hug.

"Spare us the thought of you procreating." Emerald said as she shivered in disgust. Emerald and Mercury pulled away from Roman.

"That was a joke. And this... just might tell me where you two have been all day." Roman said, producing a piece of paper.

"What!? Agh..." Emerald cried out.

"I'm a professional, sweetheart. Pay attention, maybe you'll learn something." Roman said, holding up the piece of paper. "Why do you have this address?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" the girl retorted.

"Yeah, I would. Now, where have you been all day," Roman questioned.

"Cleaning up your problems," the boy taunted in return. "One of them at least."

"I had that under control," Roman growled back.

"Two packed bags and a ticket out of Vale said otherwise," the boy countered, getting even further under Roman's skin.

"Listen, you little punk. If it were up to me, I would take you and your little street-rat friend here, and I would..." Roman started to threaten, only to be cut off before he could finish.

"Do what, Roman?" Cinder's voice suddenly echoed about the room, drawing all three of their gazes up to see the woman in question riding a freight elevator down to them, her glare just daring Roman to finish his threat.

Roman could only laugh nervously before he nervously replied, "I'd uh...Not kill them?"

"Cinder!" the green haired girl excitedly beamed upon seeing her boss.

"I thought I made it clear that you were to eliminate the would-be runaway," Cinder informed Roman, as she walked towards him.

"I was going to-" Roman started to insist, only for Emerald to interrupt.

"He was going to escape to Vacuo. Mercury and I decided to take it upon ourselves to kill the rat," Emerald proudly corrected.

"I think he was some sort of cat, actually," Mercury told his comrade.

"What, like a puma?" Emerald joked with a faint chuckle.

"Yeah, there ya go," Mercury agreed.

"Quiet," Cinder interrupted, her cold tone telling the two that they made a mistake in thinking that she would approve, something that Roman apparently found funny, given how he was smiling mockingly at them as she scolded them. "Did I not specifically instruct you two to keep your hands clean while in Vale?"

"I just thought..." Emerald started to say.

"Don't think. Obey," Cinder said.

"Yes ma'am. It won't happen again." Emerald said apologetically.

"As for you," Cinder said to Roman, making the man nervous once again. "Why wasn't this job done sooner?"

"Uh..." Roman muttered before he started pointing all around him at the various containers of Dust in the warehouse. "Eh? Ehhhh? EHHHHHHHHHH?! Sorry if I've been a little busy stealing every speck of Dust in the kingdom!"

"You're an inspiration to every punk with a gun and a ski-mask," Mercury sarcastically praised, much to Emerald's amusement. Even Cinder would have cracked more of a smile at her associate's mocking were it not for her sense of self-control.

"Look around, Kid. I've got this town running scared. Police camping out at every corner, Dust prices through the roof, and we're sitting pretty in an old warehouse with more Dust crystals, vials, and rounds than we know what to do with," Roman exclaimed, emphasizing the last word by clenching his fists. "Speaking of which, if you guys wouldn't mind filling me in on your grand-master plan, it might actually make my next string of robberies go a little smoother. Or hey, how about you lend me something that would actually stand a chance against Blue, Little Red and their friends in case they show up to ruin everything again."

"Yes, do have a little faith, Roman. You'll know what you need when you need to know," Cinder insisted while caressing his face with one hand like a mother would a child's, much to Torchwick's displeasure. "You don't need to concern yourself with Ky; he's already gonna have more than enough of his own problems to worry about. Centurion and Xerxes will make sure of that. Besides, we're done with Dust."

"Oh-kaaaay. Then what now," Torchwick questioned, feeling more than a little confused after hearing that.

"We're moving," Cinder answered. "Have the White Fang clear out this building. I'll send you details and coordinates tonight."

"Coordinates?"

"We're proceeding to phase two," Cinder declared with an excited-looking smirk.

With that said, Mercury, and Emerald all took their leave with Cinder, but not before Emerald made sure that Roman knew she had pick-pocketed his lighter off of him as her way of showing that she did not need any tips in that department from him.

XXXXXXX

This has been the latest installment of RWBYK Vol.2! I'll see you guys next time! Read and Review!

Stormy out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 72 10
Jaune is back for his second semester at beacon. He was gets better and better and now he's in some dangerous mission. Get ready the next adventure.
13.3K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...
8.9K 100 8
Jaune always wanted to be one of the best heroes to have ever lived. So he sneaked his way into Beacon, the place he dreamed of being. He name some n...
6.3K 80 7
After the Breach of Vale, Team RWBYK, Aptus and JNPR all head to Twilight Town for a bit of relaxtion, finding old friends and befriending new ones...