ANOTHER WORLD: New Life

By shannonwoodhouse

Story 1 in a Supernatural series named Another World. Sky thought her life was pretty straight forward, forev... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
A/N

Chapter 23.

220 8 0
By shannonwoodhouse

Chapter 23.

            I woke up to the gushing winds and rain hitting against the window violently, I hated mornings like this. I reached out with my arms to try and find David’s body, I wanted to be in his arms, to protect me from the harsh weather. Something wasn’t right, his presence wasn’t nearby and I couldn’t feel him. I opened my eyes, I was alone in the bed with the sheets wrapped around me. I got up out of the bed and went for a quick shower before dressing in some sweatpants and a t-shirt. George had fetched me a bag of stuff from my house yesterday at some point. I put my wet hair back into a bun and left the room, he still hadn’t turned up, I couldn’t help but be annoyed. I walked into the study where Nathan was sat with a book open in one of the leather sofas.

            “Hello Sky.” He spoke without looking up. I leant against the doorframe.

            “Where’s David?” I asked.

            “No idea, Pearl has gone looking for him along with George but no luck.”

            “And you’re just reading a book?”

            “Yes. Finding out information actually.” He looked up at me now.

            “About what?” I questioned as I walked into the room and sat down on the sofa beside him, he looked me up and down curiously but then averted his attention back to the book in hand.

            “You actually.” As he said this I rose my eyebrows up wanting to know more. Why was he finding information out about me? “David stormed out this morning after hearing and extra-heartbeat.”

            “So another person is in the house?” Really? That wasn’t really something to run away over, he really is ridiculous.

            “You could say that. It was coming from your stomach.” He pointed a finger at my stomach as if to make his point clearer. I looked down at my flat stomach and put my hand on it.

            “How?” I continued staring at my stomach, there was a heartbeat in there. In MY stomach.

            “Well, it looks like you’re naughtier than we thought.” He snapped his book shut then got up to return it to its place on one of the shelves which were filled with books.

            “What does that mean Nathan?” I sighed looking up at him.

            “You’ve clearly been with someone else. A baby gets it heartbeat in the second month, you’ve been with David around that time, therefore, that means you cheated.”

            “But I haven’t! I’m not going to sit and listen to you calling me unfaithful.” I pushed myself up from the sofa regretting it instantly as the room span, Nathan’s arm was steadying me before I could fall.

            “You can’t get pregnant by a vampire Sky, stop with the lying.” He whispered into my ear. His breath tickled my neck sending shivers down my spine.

            “I’m not lying Nathan. If you’re going to trust someone in your life, trust me.” I pushed him off me and stormed out of the room making my way to the front room. I stopped in the doorway, there was a massive grey wolf in the living room pacing back and forth. I was about to scream when it clicked in my mind that it was George. I continued walking into the room. “Found him?” I asked the wolf as I sat on the carpet, he came and sat beside me, the warmth off of the wolf warmed me up nicely. He shook his head and sighed. I ran my fingers curiously over his fur, it was long and soft. “He’s ridiculous. I haven’t cheated on him, I’d never do that… but he doesn’t trust me. I’m just going to go him I think, no point in me staying here.” George’s head looked towards the doorway suddenly; I looked up already feeling him stood in the doorway. George got up and padded away. “Nice of you to return.” I spoke bitterly.

            “You’re not going anywhere.” David told me commandingly. I shook my head and stood up ignoring the impending dizziness.

            “Don’t tell me what to do.”

            “You have authority issues.”

            “You don’t have authority over me.”

            “I don’t understand Sky, make me understand why.” He heaved a great sigh as sadness washed over him, he looked exhausted. I sat down on the sofa unable to stand anymore, I felt so weak.

            “Understand what David?”

            “Why would you cheat on me?”

            “I didn’t.”

            “Don’t lie to me! I can’t give you a child! When I heard the heartbeat this morning my heart sank. You could have at least been smart enough to use protection, I didn’t realize that you yearned for a child that badly.”

            “I DIDN’T CHEAT ON YOU DAVID! YOU’RE THE ONLY PERSON I’VE SLEPT WITH!” I snapped, how could he stand there and continue to falsely accuse me?

            “I’M DEAD SKY! I CAN’T GIVE YOU CHILDREN! SO DON’T LIE TO MY FACE!” He yelled, I winced slightly at his deathly tone. I looked away desperately trying to calm down as my mind became fuzzy. I put my fingers on my temples and massaged them.

            “I can’t do this right now.” My voice was feeble and quiet.

            “CAN’T OWN UP TO GOING BEHIND MY BACK AND SLEEPING WITH SOME GUY? DID YOU DO IT FOR MONEY? IS THAT IT?” He shouted once more, my head snapped up to look at him. That was a low blow. I began shaking, my throat became tight as I tried to push the tears back. I stood up.

            “Well I’m glad you think so damn highly of me.” I whispered leaving the room through the other door, then I left the house. I walked out to see my car in the drive. I got in thankful that the keys had been left in the ignition. I turned it and pulled away from the house. He didn’t even chase me to apologize which meant that he meant it. I made it to my house, once inside I didn’t want to be here. This wasn’t a home, it was an empty house. Anger boiled up inside of me, for once couldn’t my life be simple?! Couldn’t I have my family back? IT’S NOT FAIR. I grabbed a glass and chucked it at the wall. I grabbed a chair and threw it over, then another. I threw everything out of my way. I punched the mirror as I stared at my reflection. Who was I? Apparently the towns hoe. Tears streamed down my face as the anger continued to pulsate through me. I grabbed the nearest object and threw it. I punched the wall in my frustration. My hand was already bleeding and filled with glass. I shut my eyes and took deep breaths. I looked at the destruction I’d caused throughout my house. Glass shattered, objects broken, everything on the floor. My stomach cramped causing me to bend over in pain. Maybe I could finally die?

            “Sky? Everything’s going to be ok, I’m going to take you back to mine and look after you.” Wade’s face appeared in my line of sight. I nodded before collapsing.

            I opened my eyes as pain seared from my hand. I looked at my left hand, the source of the pain, to see hands pulling out the glass with tweezers. I looked up at Wade, he pulled out another shard and dropped it in a bowl, it clinked.

            “Wade?”

            “Don’t worry I checked over your baby first, it’s fine.” We told me as he continued to work on my bloody hand, which was noticeably swollen. All the anger had gone I was just hurt, not just in the physical sense. I relaxed and let Wade continue.

            “How did you know?”

            “George told me. He’d also explained that you’d left angry. So I came to get you. He worries about you, we worry about you.”

            “You should be on holiday.”

            “We were only in the forests. It’s an annual thing, we get the whole pack together during the full moon.”

            “Pack?”

            “Wolf…”

            “Oh yeah.”

            “I’m the alpha, the leader.”

            “Oh. But George was a wolf today… the full moon was last night.”

            “We can change at will.”

            “Oh.”

            “Are you ok Sky?”

            “No.” I deadpanned. It was the truth. I wasn’t. I didn’t know what was happening to me, I was getting weaker and weaker. I was pregnant. With no explanation as to why. Wade worked on my hand in silence.

            “SKY!” George burst into the room just as Wade finished up my bandage.

            “Don’t let him in.”

            “Who?”

            “David.”

            “He’s erm… disappeared again so I won’t. That’s why I took so long to get here I was trying to track him down.”

            “He accused me of having sex for money George.” I told him as I sat up, my heart ached as the tears began streaming down my face.

            “Oh Sky.” He embraced me quickly, I held his warm body to mine as I cried into his shirt.

            “I didn’t cheat on him George, I really didn’t.” I sobbed.

            “I know, I believe you. Pearl has an explanation… but she wants to find David first and won’t tell anyone, which is unsurprisingly pissing Nathan right off.”

            “She knows how I could be pregnant?” I asked as I pulled myself together and out of the hug.

            “Yes. She made sure that I told you that it is David’s though. She believes you too.”

            “Good.” I smiled at my best friend.

            “You look good when you smile Sky, I hate seeing you sad.”

            “Same here.” Wade spoke, he’d been silently cleaning up everything. “You can stay here tonight with George. You’re like family to us.”

            “I really appreciate that.” I smiled softly.

            “It’s nice that George has someone to talk to about all of this wolf stuff. The secret drives people insane. A lot of wolves commit suicide, emotions all too much.”

            “It’s nice that I have someone to speak too as well.” I put my hand in George’s. “I’m tired.”

            “Ah, yes… the baby seems to be draining you, to get stronger its using you, like a normal baby would but I think it must be a little more extreme.”

            “Well that explains a lot. Maybe Pearl will be able to shine some light on the situation.”

            “Come on, you can get some rest, it’s late.” George led me out of the room and up to his bedroom. It was a small room with a double bed pushed in a corner dominating most of the room. He had a chest of drawers and that was it. I liked it. It was comforting not to be surrounded by empty space. I pulled my trousers off and climbed into the bed in just my t-shirt, pulling the duvet over me for warmth. George looked at me slightly surprised, I rolled my eyes and tapped the part of the bed beside me. He looked at me apprehensively before removing his shirt revealing his normal body, that was also refreshing from the perfect abs, sure they were nice but they were everywhere. He climbed in beside me, I didn’t hesitate to cuddle up to his warm body. I felt comfortable doing so, he was my best friend, nothing more or less and I knew he knew that. Mature enough not to read anything into it.

            “I’m lucky to have a friend like you.” I mumbled sleepily before drifting off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.1K 58
No one believes in vampires, espiecally Helen. She hates all the "Twilight" and "True Blood" things. Then suddenly, a stranger comes in her life and...
77K 2.7K 75
A girl was left on a doorstep when she was only a baby. When she was found by the owners of the house there was also a letter found with her. It told...
350 56 47
One day, natural disasters plague the earth and every single human died - only to wake up in another dimension called Second World. Clarice, a troubl...
528 31 33
I spent 13 years thinking i was a human. Little did I know I wasn't even born on Earth. I am a hybrid, but with a twist. My wolf is also a witch and...