Following the Rules

By JinxedFantasyXOXO

Sawyer has always had a taste for the bad girls. The broken. The relationships that don't end well. Being the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
The End

Chapter 10

12 4 8
By JinxedFantasyXOXO

"Let me see your bag." Toni said calmly. She held her hands out expectantly, looking up at me with narrowed eyes. The pale blue and hints of green turned to slits.

"Why?"

"Kaylee, we aren't leaving until you hand over the purse."

I smiled widely at her, sitting down on the armrest of the couch. "Does that mean we can stay and order pizza?"

Sawyer made a sound of disbelief. "We had that last night."

"So?"

He shook his head, slinging his jacket over his shoulder like the hot CEO's always did in the movies. It was a tad bit cliché, if I'm being honest.

"Bag. Now."

"Okay, okay," I held out my purse."Little miss bossy."

She sighed, setting my purse down on the counter to riffel through it. "Spare underwear, a screw driver, sharpie--"

"Why do you have panties in your purse?" Sawyer asked. Confusion clouded over his face. He took a step closer to the counter, peering over Toni's shoulder to see the lacey baby blue fabric. He turned back around to lift an eyebrow at me.

"It's one of her rules." Toni said. She didn't look up from my purse, her hands still digging through it as if there was some kind of hidden treasure inside. Or more accurately, a weapon that could destroy the earth. "Always have spare underwear."

"Are you about done?" I asked impatiently. As much as I didn't want to go to this stupid event, I didn't like sitting here like a child in detention either.

She pulled out the taser from my bag. "What's this?"

"Haven't you ever seen a taser before?" I asked suspiciously. She watched crime shows all of the time. I sure would think they'd have used a taser once or twice. If not, they're clearly not writing a good plot.

Her high heeled shoes clicked against the floor. "I meant, why do you have a taser in your purse?"

"To use it, of course."

Was there any other reason to have one? I can't imagine keeping it just because I thought it looked pretty.

"What reason would you have to use it?" She asked. She began shaking her head back and forth, glaring at the taser like it was the most abominable thing to ever exist.

I shrugged one shoulder. "All kinds of things. For instance, what if someone gets on my nerves?"

"You can't tase people for the hell of it--"

"Why not?"

"Because," Toni breathed out an irritated breath. "You just can't."

"Your logic makes no sense to me."

Sawyer grabbed my things from the counter--not even hesitating to swipe the panties up--and threw all of it back into my purse. Taser excluded. He grabbed it and strode past me to the door. "Let's just go. We're going to be late."

Toni waved the taser gun from side to side. "I can't let you bring this."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I gestured to the gun. "It doesn't take much, if you know what I mean."

She held very still, then stared at it like it was a bomb. Very slowly and carefully, she opened one of the pantry doors and set the taser gun on a shelf. "Sawyer's right, we'll be late if we don't leave now."

I frowned the whole way to the car. What if I needed it tonight? Hell, it would be good entertainment if nothing else. Now all I had was a lighter and a sharpie. I'm creative, but what the fuck could I do with those?

The night air was turning-into-a-fucking-popsical-stick-cold. I waddled like a penguin to the car.

Toni waited in front of the passenger door, eyeing Sawyer expectantly. It wasn't until I remembered those crappy romance movies that I realized what she was doing. She expected him to be a gentlemen and open the door for her.

I myself never gave a shit for men opening doors for me. I was too damn impatient to wait for someone's slow ass when the door was right there in front of me. My own hands are quite capable of opening a door, thank you very much.

I threw the back door open and slid across the leather seats. It was like sitting on a block of fucking ice.

Sawyer didn't open Toni's door.

I had a feeling he wouldn't.

Her lips pursed into a disappointed frown.

Once they were both inside and Sawyer had inserted the key into the ignition, I reached between their seats to crank up the heat.

"Fuck," Sawyer hissed when cold air blew out from the vents. He swatted my hand away from the knobs, quickly turning it off. "Let the engine warm up first."

"I'm. Fucking. Freezing." My teeth rattled for emphasis. Even with the fur coat wrapped around my shoulders, my skin was corpse cold. Wearing a dress at night was a bitching fantastic idea.

"Sucks to be you."

"Your boyfriend's an asshole."

"Toni, your best friend is most likely psychotic."

"You better believe it baby."

Toni whipped her head around to glare at us. "Will you two stop it? If you talk like this when we get there, security will have us removed from the premise."

"You're right." Sawyer said like a good little bitch. "I'm sorry."

Toni scolded me over her shoulder until I pretended to zip my lips and turn to stare out the window.

It was a busy night. The flow of traffic kept at a decent pace. People were walking along the sidewalk, visiting all the shops like fucking crazy people with nerve damage. How else were they able to strut around in tube tops and work-out tanks? Unless they were lacking brain cells, that would also be a plausible answer.

My lips formed an O when the car rolled up to a large building with a sleek look. The windows were shaped like disfigured triangles in an elegant way. Silver and black made up the color-theme. There were valets decked out in black and red suits outside the entrance.

"This place looks fucking enormous."

Toni passed Sawyer a proud smile. "My honey and his father designed it. They're artitecs."

"There's an unnecessary amount of glass," was my immediate response.

The valets opened the car doors for us and took the keys from Sawyer.

Toni linked arms with me as we approached the double glass doors. She leaned in close to whisper in my ear. "Try to be good, would you?"

She looked at me helplessly when I snickered.

No amount of electrical shocks could make this night more fun. The men and women in there knew how to suck the energy right out like a vacuum. Stuck up pricks with deep pockets and bitches with fake tits awaited us.

Please leave a comment to let me know if you liked this chapter!

Please vote to support me and the continuation of this story!

Add this book to your library and reading list for updates.

Xoxo later bitches!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 149 26
AUG. 2015~ MARCH 2016 WARNING: Super cliché and I made this when I was 15, don't judge. Meet Leah Hunter, straight A student, she's on the school's v...
517K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
748K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
Saved By ohyizzle

Teen Fiction

515K 12.3K 46
[Completed] {Book 1} Her life is a living hell. There's no doubt in that. People think her life's rainbows and unicorns, but in reality it's hell...