JUNIPER

By __l00seunicorn

After losing her mother, jumping from foster home to foster home Sai'Yanna and her best friend Reagan come up... More

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XI
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII

Chapter XXI

52 0 0
By __l00seunicorn

Feeling nothing but agonizing pain, Sai'Yanna made it her duty to call Reagan and Silk. "Aghhhhh", she yelled out as she dialed Reagan's number. The only thing she could hear in her head was, "be out my shit before I get back". The pain rushed through her body as she collapsed to the floor once again. She waited for Reagan to pick up but she got no answer. Calling again, she finally got a hold of her. "Aghhhh! Reagan please come help me." She sobbed into the phone. "Where you at Sai? What happened?" She asked. "He found out about the tape Reagan and I'm in so much pain. Please come get. PLEASE!" Sai'Yanna pleaded. Ending the call, Sai'Yanna tried her best to crawl to the bedroom and pack her things but she was stopped by the pull of LaShon's hand.
"Help me. Please. I'm losing so much blood." LaShon begged. Sai'Yanna could barely help herself. How was she going to help someone else. Bricks had done the works to her and she made up her mind that he was a threat to her and her babies and she didn't need him around. She was willing to make a way for her and her babies to survive until her trust kicked in.

"Agghgggghhhh!" Sai'Yanna yelled once more. The pains were getting worse as she curled up on the floor. The pains were like knives jabbing at her womb repeatedly. LaShon was going in and out of consciousness due to the amount of blood she was seeing and losing. She hated the sight of it. She hated that she even got involved with Leena's devious ways.
Thirty minutes had passed and Reagan and Silk finally came bursting through the door. "SAI'YANNA!" Reagan yelled as she looked over at LaShon then back at Sai'Yanna. She couldn't believe that Leena and Sai'Yanna were even that close to one another. The beef the two had between one another was too electric and fueled to put out. Reagan knew that in the end someone would have to lose it all, including their life.
   Silk picked Sai'Yanna up, bringing her to. "Sai. Sai. SAI!" She finally opened her eyes, taking in a deep breath. She wrapped her arms around Silks neck sluggishly, hugging him tightly. "Please get me to a hospital. Reagan get the package." Sai'Yanna instructed, talking in code around Silk. "What about Leena?" Reagan asked not taking her eyes off of LaShon. "That's not Leena. That's her twin LaShon." Reagan's eyes grew big. She couldn't believe it was two of them, now she knew stakes were at an all time high. "Call the police for her, we can't let her die, she stopped Leena from killing me."
"Where Bricks at Sai?" Silk asked.
"I don't know. I'll explain it later."

Reagan got the tape out of the projector, the envelope and the notes that came with it and called the police for LaShon.

                              💋💋💋💋💋
  Sai'Yanna rested comfortably in the hospital bed. Reagan didn't take her eyes off of her, she couldn't believe what Bricks had done to her. If only he knew the really story, Reagan thought. Sai'Yanna's face was so beaten up it was ridiculous. She looked as if though she was in a brutal car accident. Silk couldn't stand to see his sister like this so he left, on a mission to find Bricks. The silence was broken by the entrance of the doctor and Peyton. His eyes were puffy and red. You could tell he'd been crying since he heard the news.
   "Hey miss. I'm Dr. Wayne." The doctor made his presence known. "Hi, I'm Reagan and this is Peyton. How bad is it?" Reagan asked in anticipation, standing to her feet.
   "Well right now, the only thing we have to worry about are those babies. One more low blow to the stomach and she would've been taken out of the game. The babies are fine but she's suffering from a broken nose, two broken ribs and a couple of  scratches and bruises. Nothing she can't bounce back from." The doctor said positively. "And LaShon?" Reagan asked eagerly. "She's fine, lost a great amount of blood but she's doing better. But she's in police custody for attempt murder." Reagan gave him a confused look as he exited the room. What the fuck they mean, she's in police custody? Sai said she didn't do nothing. Some ain't adding up, Reagan thought as she sat back in her seat, letting her thoughts wonder.

     Peyton sat by Sai'Yanna's side rubbing her hand. "Who would want to hurt someone so sweet?" He sobbed. Reagan are back every tear that she could, she wanted to tell Peyton what was going on but she didn't want him looking at them any different. Peyton had grew to love the two, they were his only family and he felt as if though it was getting snatched right from under him. He focused on all of her bruises, she didn't even look like herself. Sai's bottom lip was split open, right eye was bruised, black and swollen, her nose was broken, bruising around her neck, and there were scratches everywhere. You could tell she put up some type of fight.

   Peyton kissed her hand and laid his head by her side drifting off to sleep. He wasn't leaving her side until it was time for her to leave the hospital.

                                💋💋💋💋💋

   Bricks made his way to his stash house in Harlem, where Silk was waiting for him unexpectedly inside. His blood was boiling and now he had an two unexpected problems to deal with. Knocking on the door three times, his main man Lucky answered the door. "Wassup my nigga?" Lucky asked. "Nothin' much. Where the problem at?" Bricks asked putting on his gloves. "Basement." "Aight. Watch the door, lemme go handle this." Lucky nodded his head, attending to his duties. Bricks slowly walked down the stairs, laughing grimacely. Bricks came face to face with his childhood friend; Marcel.
   Marcel was his brother, his family treated him like blood and it was vice versa. Bricks put money in his pockets to make him feel like a man again and even put food on his moms and ole lady's table. He loved seeing his people eat, but once you crossed him you had to go. Word around town was that Marcel was on his potnahs paper work and was dropping dimes on everybody else just to clear his own ass. But with Bricks that shit wasn't acceptable, just like Marcel had a family to feed, so did Bricks. He already had the FED's snooping around once before and now he finally knew why their pig asses was around, because they had a mouse in the trap.

    "My mans Marcelllllll! Long time, no see." Bricks said, pulling up a chair in front of him. Marcel eyes grew wide as he seen Bricks. If no one knew, Marcel did, Bricks wasn't the man to cross. The mixture of sweat and blood trickled down Marcels face, he'd already caught a brutal beating earlier but Bricks was there to finish him off. Bricks snatched the duck tape off of his mouth, causing him to yell out as some of his dry skin from his lips attached to the tape. "Agghhhh!" "So you the reason the FED's been sniffing round this bitch, huh?" Bricks asked, looking him directly in the eyes. Marcel didn't answer. "Woah. Cat gotcha tongue? But you was sangin' like tweety to them pigs huh? It really I be ya own niggas." Bricks got up from his seat and tossed his chair across the room. His blood was boiling over, it seemed lately everyone was crossing Bricks but it stopped after today. Bricks pulled his chrome Beretta from his waistline, pointing it directly at Marcel's chest. "Nigga I gave you hope again and the least you can do is look me in my eyes and tell me you a rat." Deep down inside Bricks didn't want to take Marcel from his family but he had no choice, it was either him or himself & Bricks made his decision. Marcel looked Bricks in his eyes one last time. "Yeah. I spared them a lot of shit though, it was either me or you B. And I wasn't bout to do twenty to life for this bullshit, yo. You know I love you B but I had t—", before Marcel could finish, Bricks let off three shots into his chest. He'd heard enough.

  "Wrap his bitch ass up. We gone hang his ass up between Prince & Spring. Show these mu'fuckas what we do with rats, yo." Bricks ordered. He covered his tracks, washing his hands and headed back up the stairs. He walked into his pitch black office, creeping to his desk, reaching his desk light turning it on. Silk was sitting comfortably, waiting for Bricks. "My nigga Benjamin. The man of the hour." Silk said dapping his mans up. "How long yo ass been here nigga?" Bricks asked laughing. "Nigga long enough to know you supposed to been offed Marcel's bitch ass." They both laughed. "But nah for real B, Sai damn near died today bruh." Bricks dropped his head in disbelief. He can't believe his boy came all the way to his spot for some bullshit.

   "Yo ion have time for this right now", Bricks said avoiding eye contact. "You know you my nigga til death but that's my fam too, you foul for that shit. I don't give a fuck what she did g." "You know what Silk, you my nigga and all but leave this shit to me and Sai." Bricks demanded. Silk tried to keep his composure but everything in him was telling him to spazz, with Silk, Bricks knew he met his match. And Silk never backed down from anything, especially if it had something to do with Reagan and Sai'Yanna. Silk rose to his feet. "Ima let you know like this, for her and Reagan I'll go to war. Don't let this be the reason bruh, just don't." With that being said, Silk left the stash house and headed back to the hospital. Bricks knew he could never look at Sai'Yanna the same, she betrayed his love, his trust, she seen him at his weakest. And he let her around his family, something he never did.

                                💋💋💋💋💋
    Sai'Yanna woke up to a pitch black room, she was dizzy and aching badly. The only thing she wanted to do was go home & curl up in her bed to hide from the world. She knew the consequences of her actions but now she had to choose whether to go to war for her own or run. Looking around the room she say two figures sitting in the room and immediately began to panic. She pressed the remote attached to her bed, trying to get a nurse in the room. "NURSEEEEEE!" She yelled. The nurse came rushing in, turning on the light. "Yes ma'am. Did you need something?" Realizing it was Reagan and Peyton, she had to make up some type of lie. She looked around the room, laying eyes on her lunch tray that she hadn't touched. "Umm yes, I'm done with this tray", she lied, giving her a fake smile. The nurse took the tray, giving Sai a smile and exited the room. She was in so much pain, she didn't expect things to end the way that it did. Sai wanted everything in her to work up the nerve to tell Bricks what happened but she knew what it would result to and now she's there.

💋💋💋💋💋

Two Weeks Later::

   Cassie had heard what happened to Sai'Yanna and hadn't left her side since. After she left the hospital, she barely had to lift a finger with him, Reagan and Silk around. Peyton was in and out but around frequently. Most of her bruises had gone away but some scars remained, she felt like everything was her fault. It all could've been prevented.

  Sai'Yanna walked out of Oddfellow's with Cassie following closely behind. She couldn't lie, if it hadn't been for all of her friends stepping in she'd be somewhere rocking in a corner. She never wanted her life to spin out of control like this but it did. They walked down the block as usual, speaking to old friends and old heads.

   "So how you feeling?" Cassie asked. "I'm doing way better thanks to you guys. I really do appreciate everything y'all been doing for me." She said giving him a huge smile. "It's no problem. Whatever you need you know I'm here for you."
  "I know. I don't know what I'll do without you—", she paused looking at her feet. "I meant y'all", she blushed. He laughed looking towards the sky. "I know what you meant Sai. And I know you hurting right now, so you don't have to give my hopes up babygirl." Before Cassie knew it Sai was on her tiptoes, kissing his lips. He wanted with everything in him to stop but she was the girl he always wanted so he didn't stop her.
   Sai'Yanna broke the the kiss as she felt a rush of guilt cover her, she wasn't over Bricks and she knew climbing on top of someone else wouldn't solve her problems. "I'm so sorry", Sai said shamelessly as she rushed off, getting into her truck and speeding off. Right now just wasn't a good time to get involved with anyone else.

Sai'Yanna sat on her couch with her eyes glued to the television with tears streaming down her cheeks. She was torn between two worlds, knowing that Cassie was the ray of sunshine she needed for the moment, but Bricks was the love of her life or at least that's what her heart believes. Time was passing her by as she declined everyone's call, sitting in the same position for hours. Finally, snapping out of her trance, Sai managed to make herself something to eat. "I don't wanna care bout any of this shit no more. Not Bricks, not Leena, not these babies, not nothing. I just want to go back to Sai'Yanna Kain, before all of this shit." She said to herself.
"You don't mean that, Sai." Silk protested, startling her. "Why you here Silk?" Usually, Silk could read Sai'Yanna and see straight through her, but tonight he could see nothing. Everything about her was blank, empty, just there.... existing. When she first left the hospital, she was so full of life as if though nothing had happened to her. Just another black woman pregnant to her. But to everyone else they could see that she was hiding her true emotions. Being that Bricks hadn't even picked up a phone to see if his babies were okay. Sai knew she fucked up in ways she can't even fathom, but if she could do it all over again, it would've been done without Leena and Desiree.

"I came to check on you, ma. I ain't mean to scare you."
Sai'Yanna brushed past him, sitting back in the same state as she was in before, gluing her eyes back onto the tv. Silk sat across from her, trying his best to figure his best friend out. "Ma, you gotta talk to me", he insisted. "Nah, I don't. So you can go back and tell ya mans what I say? Tuh." Sai rolled her eyes. "I'm yo best friend, Sai. You know I'll never cross you like that. Yeah, that's my mans but damn you family too." "I'm pregnant. Hormones through the fucking roof", Sai started to explain in a low tone, "and Bricks, Adryn or whatever y'all wanna call his bitch ass, ain't here. Now I've done some fucked up shit Silk but I'll never hurt any of y'all intentionally." Just as she thought she was done with the water works, the tears came flowing again and even harder than before.

"What you talking bout Sai?" "If I show you this shit, promise you won't lash out on me too?" She asked him with a sincere look in her eyes. She was already going through enough and the last thing she needed was her own brother abandoning her too. Silk took a deep breath, he already knew what he was about to get himself into, he was just waiting for the right time for Sai'Yanna to bring it to the table. And what other better time then now?

Silk shook his head yes as Sai pressed play on the video she'd been watching repeatedly started to play from the beginning. He sat back on the couch as he watched the entire video. Sai'Yanna could tell by the look on his face that he wanted to lash out on her to, stopping the video, Sai'Yanna walked over towards her flat screen television, pulling it from the wall as she watched it come down shattering all over her living floor. Falling to her knees, she cried into her lap. Sai felt as if this was the end for her, nothing was going to ever get better or ever be the same. She lost so much in so little time, she just wanted to go back and start over.

Silk rushed to Sai's side, picking her up and laying her onto the couch. "Why did she do me like this Silk?" She sobbed. "Sai that's you ma. You gotta take responsibility for what you did." "THAT AINT ME!" He could tell by the look in her eyes and the tone in her voice that she was being honest. But if it ain't you Sai then who is this bitch pretending to be you? Silk thought to himself. "Who is that Sai?" "If I tell you then it'll be pointless Silk. This bitch won't stop. She tried to kill Reagan, she killed Jayceon now I'm next to go. All because I chose Brickssss", she cried out. "Bricks. The nigga who beat me like a dog. I chose him and look at me." Silk looked at the floor, seeing his sister break down like this was tearing him apart and looking at her would only crush him to pieces. "LOOK AT ME SILK!" She snatched at his chin, forcing his eyes on her. "I feel like shit and I look like it. Why me? Huh? Outta all the hood bitches in New York, why me?"
"How am I gone raise these babies like this Silk? Bricks won't even check on us? I can't do this?" Sai'Yanna was hysterical, all of her pinned up emotions were finally coming out and she had a lot to say, just not to the right person. "What you mean babies, Sai?" Sai'Yanna threw her head back, looking at the ceiling. "I'm having twins." No one knew about the twins besides Leena, LaShon and Reagan. To everyone else it was going to be a surprise.
Silk laid his hands on her belly, feeling kicks from all over. It made him smile knowing that she was bringing two joys into the world instead of one. Everyone since the day they met Sai'Yanna was the mother of the group. It was as if though she knew what was best for all of their sakes. He knew she was going to be good to those twins and he wasn't going to leave her side no matter the circumstances.

"I ain't leaving yo side Sai. I promise." He kissed her hand, putting his ear to her stomach. He wanted to hear every bump, turn, squirm, etc. that the babies were doing inside of her.
Hearing those words calmed Sai's nerves as she drifted off to sleep. Those tears, unbottling her emotions and ripping her mounted tv off of the wall wore her down. She had five months down and four more to go, but with everything that's been going on in her life, her pregnancy felt like it's been going for a lifetime.

   Sai'Yanna tossed and turned as she dreamed about what life could've been if she met Bricks under other circumstances.

    Sai'Yanna walked through nothingness. Everything was white, she was the only person there, her and a very distant stranger. Looking down at her stomach, there was no sign of a pregnancy, just her. She walked slowly until she finally reached the person was at far distance but she stopped in fear, realizing who is was.... "Ma?" The woman faced Sai'Yanna with a beautiful smile on her face. "My beautiful babygirl. Oh how I missed you." "I missed you too. Why I'm here?" She looked around to see what was once nothingness was now her brownstone when they first moved in. "Follow me baby." Santana instructed as she stepped into her living room. Sai'Yanna did as she was told as she sat on the antique couch. "Ma? I ain't dead am I?" Santana laughed, caressing her child's cheek. "No baby. But from the look of things, you need some direction." "I just don't want to give these babies less than what they deserve. They deserve more than me." "No they don't. Those baby's deserve Sai'Yanna Xyla Preston." Her mother said, gently poking at her chest. "I know I been gone for awhile", Santana choked out, "but if I could be with you out there baby I would never leave yo side. I love you more than life baby." Sai'Yanna couldn't keep her composure as she begun to cry. "I'm scared though, mama."

   "You scared of a monster you think you can't defeat Sai'Yanna. That chile ain't gone touch you as long as you pregnant but when those baby's come, you gotta be ready for whatever comes yo way. You hear me?" Sai'Yanna shook her head yes. In the distance she could hear children laughing and playing. "Mama who is that?" Santana smiled, getting off of the couch to follow the sound of the kids voices. And as hesitant as Sai'Yanna was, she followed. Walking into her old play room, seeing two kids that looked exactly like her playing around. "Mommyyyyy", the little girl said, running into Sai'Yanna's arms. She didn't know what was going on but it was her dreams creating the life she always longed for. Her fairytale ending. Sai'Yanna kneeled down, hugging her daughter tightly. "Hey baby", she said as a single tear left her eye. "Where's daddy?" "I-I do—", before Sai'Yanna could even finish her sentence, Bricks entered the room. "I'm right here babygirl. Come give daddy a hug." "Daddyyyyyyyy", the little girl squealed, running into his arms.

  "Mommy. Mommy." The little boy in the corner yelled as he played with his remote control cars. A smile spread across her face as she seen her perfect family. Her mom, twins and husband were all together as they should've been.

  Suddenly, Bricks snatches the twins up running out of the room as someone entered their home. Sai'Yanna peeked her head around the corner to see Leena and LaShon. "Sai'Yanna Preston. We got unfinished business bitch." Sai'Yanna hit the corner, presenting herself but before she it... POW! POW! POW! POW! She was gunned down by them both..

   Sai'Yanna jumped up out of her sleep, covered in sweat, startling Silk. "What's wrong ma?" Sai was breathing heavily as she starred at Silk with concern.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 287 60
It was unusual, the pull Ryan felt to Delilah. That want, that need to protect her and care for her.. it was strange. And he didn't like it, yet he c...
145K 3.2K 23
(Y/n) was a simplistic girl living in a town full of abnormal things which consists of heroes and villains. Her parents always kept her out of harms...
38.6K 877 50
Family... Where life begins and love never ends, right? Well not for me, my life began somewhere else and where love ended. *** Meet Jasmine Rose...