Slaughtered

By alien_overllord

Mira born into a slaughterhouse and raised by a vampire who cared very little. Her 16th birthday approaches a... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
:update:

10

128 9 1
By alien_overllord

Mira P.O.V
Donovan hasn't left my side for a few days. Every time he heard the door open or someone walked past he would pull me close to him. He made sure to have a talk with me to make sure I was okay. We had talked a lot over the past few days, and he said it wasn't my fault, but to never let anyone else touch me again.

I had made the mistake of calling him master a few times and it made him visibly uncomfortable. The more we talked the more I got used to calling him Donovan.

His parents popped in a few times to see if I was okay, they asked me how things are going and if Donovan and I are sharing a bed or if I slept on the couch. He quickly interrupted before I could answer telling then it wasn't their business. Then he talked to them alone, something about how Eleanor just wanted the best for him. I heard Mark say I would be a good breeder whatever that means.

I have been having dreams at night again, replaying the horrid event in my head over and over again. I would wake up and there he was, next to me usually petting me. I think father put in my file that being pet calmed me down, and he wasn't wrong.

Donovan had asked me a few questions about father but I would get to choked up about it, and he would say never mind and rub between his eyes.

Currently, he had me wrapped in his arms under blankets, he didn't want to go to wake up and I didn't want to move. The cold of his skin felt nice against arms and face, I burrowed it further into his chest.

I think he liked me now, he wasn't sounding as mad at me anymore, just when I would let out small gasps if something hurt. I could feel his faint breaths with my hands, he told me last night he would have to go back to work today. I wanted to go with, I don't want to be alone, panic would set into me if he was in the bathroom to long. The thought that John could still hurt me scared me too much to be alone.

A small groan left Donovan's lips as he tightened his grip on me. He started to mumble before jolting up. His hand wrapped around my waist tighter pulling me under him.

An almost possessive growl purred from his chest, he let go and took a breath.

“D-Donovan?” He looked at me and slowly let go of me.

“I thought I heard something.” His eyes trailed up and down looking at me. “Don't worry about it, just get ready to go” I couldn't help but smile at the realization that he was going to take me with him. “I have 1 meeting, and then we have to go to the store.”

He disappeared into the closet, I got up and joined him. I watched him run his fingers over the clothes stopping at a red button up. He grabbed a pair of black slacks and a bet, then grabbed a matching red button up and black skirt. He pushed them into my hands.

“You can change in the bathroom, or if you really want in here.” He paused taking in a breath, his face turned a reddish color. “I can stand outside the door.” He rubbed between his eyes.

I nodded, he walked past me and out the door. I let my sweatpants drop past my hips and slid on the skirt, tucking in the red shirt. I slid on the white socks and black boots letting the socks rest on my knees.

I opened the door only to see Donovan half dressed. His chest was smooth and pale like the red of him, he slid on the shirt and buttoned it before looking at me.

“We have to get a move on” I watched him grab my collar and leash, he motioned toward me. My feet dragged slightly on the carpet, I could feel myself blushing as my black hair covered my face.

He took a finger and lifted my chin towards him clapping the soft fabric around my neck. His breath hit my face as he let out a sigh. “One meeting, and the store. Then we can come home.” He frowned a little and rolled his eyes.

I nodded to him, and he began to lead me through the hallways. A few screams came from a room causing me to jump before a blond woman came out of the room, blood dripped from her mouth down to her blouse.

“Hey Donny” she was almost mocking him. He stopped turning to her sluggishly, surprise crossed his face as he looked at her.

She closed the door and stepped into the hall. “Come on Donny…” An intense hiccup left her body. She grabbed his wrist. “Lets have some fun…” Her smile sent chills through me.

“Sorry Quine we have to go” he pulled his wrist away and pulled me closer as he walked down the hallway. I looked back to the blond, she had pushed herself to the wall her hair fell on her face sticking in the blood as she waved to me. Her long fingers bony where definitely not human.

Donovan said we arrived at the meeting 2 minutes late Because of that talk. He had me sitting next to him, my leash held tightly in his hand. A woman with brown hair and eyes was talking.

“Honestly, we are devastated this mistake has been made.” Her voice didn't sound devastated at all. In fact, she almost had a smile on her face.

“Yes, its unfortunate but it happened. For now, we will just keep this hushed.” A blond haired man spoke up before standing next to the woman. “A few of the muts have made their way through the gates, so please keep your eyes out for anything suspicious.” We let his hand rest on the table. “Donovan do you have any reports?”

Donovan set his hand on my leg under the table. “So far vampire attacks have gone down, blood intake from them has also gone down but with the full moon coming up that might not be the case this next meeting.” He let out a small sigh.

What's wrong with a full moon? Is that bad?

The blond man nodded. “Yeah I see what you're saying, for now this will do.” Everyone started moving, I guess it had been 2 hours already.

Donovan shifted but didn't get up. His gaze followed the brown haired woman until she was past the door, then he stayed silent for a few moments.

“She's hiding something.” His tone was cold. I looked over him, every hair on his neck stood up.

He stood up pulling me with him. “The witches have to be planning something.” His voice was almost a whisper. His high alert made me uncomfortable, but he has been on alert for a while. His hands moved to my waist, I could feel my heart start to speed up.

My stomach felt slightly weird looking at him like that, so intense and focused. I think that means I'm hungry.

“D-Donovan, I'm hungry.” My words had snapped him out of whatever thoughts had captured him.

“Yeah, we have to go to the store anyway.” He shook his head, and we walked out of the room. One of the woman from the meeting had stayed behind and was outside the door. She had red hair and green eyes similar to my own.

“So you let your pet call you by your name?” She spat out the word pet, almost as if it was an insult. I suppose it could be, but this is all I have ever known and it wasn't all bad, sometimes I enjoyed it, but that wasn't until after I had left fathers.

“You don't?” Donovan chucked almost as if this was a joke.

“No I think its disgusting, Much rather have mine call me Ma'am.” She raised her brow and looked me up and down. “So you think the witches are hiding something to huh?” Her gaze shifted to Donovan.

“Since you over heard, yes I do.” He looked at me and then back to her. “I'm just not sure what.” He rubbed between his eyes. “If you would excuse us we have something to attend to.” He pushed past her holding my leash tight into his hand. He pulled me close till we were almost walking equally.

He rushed us into the store. He was particles choking me as he walked faster, I let a gasp out the more he pulled. My stomach begin to feel weird again, the hunger really hitting me as I tried to keep up. Donovan must have heard a gasp and a soft cough leave my throat because he stopped and looked at me, almost horrified at himself.

“S-Sorry, I'll slow down” I never heard him stutter before. He put me in front of him. “ I'll just tell you what way to go, you set the pace.” I was almost scared, for the first time really I didn't have something to hide behind.

I nodded, I just wanted to grab food and go home. I knew once we were home then I could be safe. After a few minutes of walking Donovan stopped and looked at the food items they had. He picked out a few things and then motioned for me to keeping walking.

After he picked out a few things more we left. He looked through the bags on the way home, the rustling of them was distracting as I ate the sandwich he gave me. He eventually pulled out a small box with the word pet on it. It had the word in nice, calming letters.

He nodded and then slid it in his pocket.

“When we get back I think I'm going to leave you alone for a few minutes, I have to talk to my parents.” My heart picked up, I don't want to be alone. Father left me alone a lot and I never minded it before, but now, now someone could hurt me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89 1 8
Love. Love was a word that people said would devour her when she meets her certain someone. But what happens if it wasn't just one person but two peo...
88.2K 4.3K 31
In this world it's not what you will take up, but what you will give up that will make you rich, but you should remember to never allow yourself to b...
1.1K 116 23
Bridget Sheehan has three major problems. 1. She is a vampire, and has no idea how it happened. 2. Someone is trying to kill her (most likely witch...
1K 57 39
"Have you ever been in love?" I feel Braxton tense beneath my touch "Yes" he said quietly "that's why I ran when I did" "What?" "I realised that you...