A Little Secret (Moxiety)

By Capt_Obvious02

Human AU, Roommates AU Virgil is a Little, he regresses to a younger age. However, the others don't know desp... More

Before Anything
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18

17

2.2K 80 88
By Capt_Obvious02

No One

Virgil slowly wakes up, trying to process what's going on and why he woke up. It doesn't take him long to figure out that his iphone is ringing and he, as quick as he can, picks up the call. "Hello?" He asks, still groggy from sleep. 

"Virge! I'm soo sorry to wake you, but I forgot my lunch. Can you pleasee come drop it off for me, love?" Virgil hears Patton ask. Virgil rubs his eyes, already knowing that he's going to drop off Patton's lunch, but decides to joke around a bit. "What's in it for me?"

A 'Hmm' is heard from the other end of the call. "I'll give you money so you can stop and get coffee and I'll give you a kiss!" Virgil slowly sits up, switching the hand that he's using to hold his phone. "Pat, I can get my coffee for free and I could get kisses from you when you get home." He can hear Patton whine and almost gives in because he knows that Patton is pouting. "I'll let you play with the cats!" 

Virgil hops out of bed. "I'll be there as soon as I can. Oh, and Pat?" 

"Hmm?"

"I was gonna come and drop it off anyways, but Midnight better still be there."

Virgil walks into the pet store holding the paper bag that contains Patton's lunch. It didn't come to his mind before, but now that he's walked in Virgil realizes that he has to search the entire store for Patton or call him in order to find him on his own. The first option causes a lot of work and the possibility that Patton walks into the area Virgil just searched. The second option causes the possibility of Patton being in the middle of something and getting Patton in trouble for being on his cell phone during work. The only option left was to find the first employee he can and hope that either they know where Patton is, or that they are Patton.

It's hardly even thirty seconds before Virgil spots somebody, who in turn seemed to have already spotted him and started walking towards him. 

"Hello! Can I help you find anything?" She asks him. "Uh, yeah. I'm looking for Patton. Have you seen him? He works here." He says. He doesn't notice the fact that the girl, who's name-tag reads 'Mira', is trying not to show how intimidated and anxious she is talking to him. Her being only 4'9" and the fact that he's dressed head to toe in dark clothing with his dark eyeshadow don't help either. 

"Um, he's right over here. Follow me." She says, leading Virgil over to Patton, who's standing on a ladder, stocking. "Pat. Someone is here askin' for you." She says, looking up at Patton, who looks down and smiles brightly when he sees Virgil. 

Patton swiftly climbs down the ladder and literally jumps into Virgil's arms, wrapping his own arms around him. Virgil returns the hug, the brown paper bag hitting Patton's back slightly.  "I missed you." Patton says, hugging him harder once and then letting go. "I missed you too, Pat. But we just saw each other this morning." 

"I know.. But it's been hours already and I'm only halfway done with my shift."

"You have two hours left of work."

"That's such a long time!"

"In Patton time."

"Virge.."

"Wait, wait, wait. How do you two know each other?" Mira interrupts, confused how  the two know each other when they both seem to be total opposites. Virgil blanks for a moment, trying to think of the best way to explain what they are, they never really made themselves official. Sure, they admitted their feelings and have been all lovey dovey since, but they never went on any dates or labeled themselves. 

Patton, however, knows exactly how to explain to Mira. He grabs both sides of Virgil's face and pulls him into a kiss, shocking both Mira and Virgil. When they pull apart, Patton side-hugs Virgil, smiling like an idiot. "He's my boyfriend."

Virgil shrinks down into his hoodie while Mira fangirls. She had always suspected her coworker is gay, but this was confirmation and she gets to meet the boyfriend. 

"Pat.. " Virgil whines, embarrassed. 

"I owe Virgil for bringing me my lunch, so if you need me, look for a room full of cats."

"But aren't you allergic to cats?"

"Yep, but Virgil isn't and he really wants to hang out with the cats. Specifically Midnight." Patton informs, starting to walk to the cats with his hand in Virgil's. 

"Virgil, what are you doing, love?" Patton chuckles after looking in the area where they usually have customers playing with an animal. They have multiple in their store, so they were able to allow Virgil to spend time with a few cats. At least that's what Patton thought was going to be the case. Instead of seeing his boyfriend with Midnight and a couple of other cats, he walked in to find Virgil in a room almost full with cats. Patton had to guess that Virgil had at least ten to fifteen cats in this room

Virgil lifts his head off the floor in order to look at Patton, being careful to not disturb the black kitten on his chest. "What do ya mean?" He asks before plopping his head back down on the wooden floor with a quiet "ow". 

"I expected Midnight and maybe Casey or Silver, but how many cats are in here?" Patton gestures to the entire room.

"Twelve. Midnight, Casey, Silver, Lea, Tom, Jerry, Trash, Fork, Water Bottle, Kenny, and Dr. Pepper." Virgil lists off, naming cats with both normal names and substitute names. They had cats that came with names and cats that didn't. The ones that didn't, they named after random things in order to make them less attached so they didn't end up adopting every cat they ended up loving. This didn't stop them since they still became attached to the cats with the random names. 

Patton shakes his head, watching as Water Bottle, a white cat with blue eyes, walks over and flops over against Virgil's arms, placing her head down on top of his arm. The black kitten on Virgil's chest, Midnight, adjusts herself so that she's leaning her head on his heart, looking up at him with wide, yellow eyes. 

"Patton, do you think Logan and Roman would kill me if I brought Midnight home?" Virgil asks, turning to look at Patton, who's eyes widen. He knew how much Virgil loves the kitten, but never expected him to ask about bringing her home.

He opens his mouth, about to explain that they can't adopt her, that he's allergic and Logan and Roman wouldn't be happy if they suddenly showed up home with a kitten. That sure, she knows how to use the litter box and is one of the few cats in the entire place that wouldn't cause them any trouble at home. That this is something they should talk about.

But then he sees Virgil's eyes, pleading and hopeful. He knows how anxious Virgil is and how much thought and courage it must have taken him to ask about bringing her home. Especially when he knows that the answer would most likely be that yes, Logan and Roman would probably kill them if they brought Midnight home. 

Virgil notices Patton's hesitance in answering and starts to worry. What if the answer was no? What if there was never a chance ever that they could bring home Midnight? What if they can't bring her home and somebody else adopts her? Then he would never get to see her again. He loves this kitten and she's adorable. There's no possible way that somebody else won't see that and adopt her if he doesn't. 

He notices his chest feel heavier, as if twenty more Midnights just plopped down on him. A thousand thoughts about why Patton could be taking so long to respond and what could happen if Patton says no to bringing Midnight home. 

Midnight notices the sudden increase in Virgil's heartbeat and gets up, walks forward a small bit, and starts to boop his face. When a boop or two doesn't work, she starts purring and rubbing her face against his, bringing him out of his thoughts and back into the here and now.

It takes a moment, but Virgil quickly realizes what Midnight just did and makes a decision. "We're bringing her home. I don't care what Logan or Roman say. And we're stocking up on hand soap and allergy meds."

Patton looks at Virgil confused, especially since he made that decision so quickly after Midnight did was looked like a random act of affection. "Why do you suddenly not care? I mean, I'm all for bringing her home, I know how much you love her, but usually you would want to double and triple check that everyone is okay with it."

"She just brought me out of my thoughts and stopped me from having a panic attack. She was just laying how she normally does and I started panicking. She did what she could to bring me out of my thoughts." Virgil explains, holding onto the small kitten as he sits up, petting her as he does so. 

Patton stares wide-eyed at Virgil and Midnight, who is still purring. "Okay, yeah. We're bringing her home."

Neither of them notice for about three minutes that Trash, Fork, Casey and Silver escape the room. 

And the only reason they notice is because they can hear one of Patton's coworkers yelling "Fork, get back here!" and Mira yelling "Somebody get Casey, I got Trash!". Silver just chills on the top shelf of the cat food. 

"PATTON! VIRGIL! WHY IS THERE FOOD BOWLS IN THE KITCHEN?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
767K 28.4K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
68.5K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
120K 5.1K 52
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...