[LISAxIU] I'm In Charge

By skyaeacus

"What the fuck Manoban! Look!", Seulgi shouted eyes bulging out in shock while looking at her wristwatch. "We... More

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Unfriendly
Chapter 3: Sunbaenim
Chapter 4: Assignment
Chapter 5: The Hotel
Chapter 6: Poison
Chapter 8: Eomoni
Chapter 9: Photograph
Chapter 10: Thief
Chapter 11: Khight
Chapter 12: Arcade
Chapter 13: Professional
Chapter 14: Phone
Chapter 15: Back up
Chapter 16: Starting
Chapter 17: Different
Chapter 18: Gyeongsang
Chapter 19: Crazy
Chapter 20: Persistent
Chapter 21: Unable
Chapter 22: Closer
Chapter 23: Diary
Chapter 24: Toys
Chapter 25: Champagne
Chapter 26: Alone
Chapter 27: Insane [M]
Chapter 28: Closet
Chapter 29: Visitor
Chapter 30: Witness
Chapter 31: Zombie
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Cabinet
Chapter 34: Insatiable [M]
Chapter 35: Hear
Chapter 36: Classified
Chapter 37: Inseparable[M]
Chapter 38: Rooftop
Chapter 39: Chase
Chapter 40: Tired
Chapter 41: Moon
Chapter 42: Cupcakes
Chapter 43: Night [M]
Chapter 44: Advice
Chapter 45: Invitation
Chapter 46: Gangster
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: Disgust
Chapter 49: Mistake

Chapter 7: Dear Name

3.3K 223 80
By skyaeacus

Jieun Pov

Today was my 10th time going back to this hotel for the investigation process. It's already been a month but this case was going nowhere. The crime was committed flawlessly. I couldn't find any valuable evidence or even clues. I just know how the poor girl died because of the autopsy result.

And it became more confusing when we found out where the poison came from. It doesn't correlate with the place or background information of the victim. The girl isn't involved in any kind of misunderstanding with anyone, it seems like she was randomly selected by the killer.

And for what reason? I have no idea. I've tried interrogating all the employees here, but all of them do not know the victim. I even tried to background check every single one of them. And they're all saying the truth. But I didn't give up there, until one day I've got an email. On my 5th inspections, the night after that I went home having a package.

That was the reason why I always stay at the office until morning on irregular days. I don't want this person to know my daily activities. I'm safe as far as I know, tho I never stop getting packages with bloody letters. It was terrifying but why would he or she keeps on sending threats? It could be the killer is also afraid to move. A coward in short.

So I've got an idea. A very risky one, but I won't give it a try I would never know who's behind it. And find justice to the victim's family.

This day I decided to try and provoke the killer, I've been observing the owner for some time and I'm not oblivious that he's getting really irritated with the ongoing investigation. So I suspected him, it's either he's irritated because the outcome might tarnish his business or he's irritated because I might find out that he's the murderer.

And when it comes to his porters, I can't tell who among them. Because every time I went to inspect, he calls different porters to assist me. But my last 3 visits this man is the one assisting me. So it's been suspicious. So I decided to come by more often. To see how long will his patience last.

But somehow I asked my self why am I doing such a thing? I admit, this isn't bravery but an absolute stupidity. How can I dare provoke a murderer, and test death? I'm not a God, nor a hero. I'm just a normal human who could lose her life. Her one and only life for being reckless.

I gulped. As the killer I've been provoking for some time now had finally reached his limit.

And for the second time, I'm facing the same scenario. I'm once again facing death. As the man aimed his gun back on my chest.

"I'm fucking done! This is for you to learn your damn fucking lesson!" He shouted.

But before he finishes his line, I felt a tug on my arm. Pulling me backward, manhandling my whole body, and when I realize what it was that engulfed me.

I heard a clacking sound coming from a metal. My heart jumps into frantic beatings knowing it came from the gun.

The man fired the gun he stole from me. But I couldn't see a thing, because of the person locking my body with her whole frame. And her full hand holding the back of my head preventing me to move.

She's holding me tight and burying my head on her chest and I could almost hear the loud thump of her heart. And her heavy breathing. And it's weird how this situation affects my feeling.

Did she just block me from the bullet that supposed to hit through me?

My brows furrowed.

"What the fuck!", The porter's rattling snapped me out of my trance. Pulling me back to my senses.

So I began pushing her body to let go of me. But she remained stiff, instead she wrapped her arms around me tighter.

"Dammit!", The killer cursed under his breath one more time, and then I heard footsteps that made my eyes widened in panic. He's probably trying to get away!

"Officer! He's going to escape please let me go.", I mumbled as I tried to push her one more time.

I'm sure I removed all the bullets from her gun a while ago. She wasn't hit. But why wouldn't she move? I can't let that criminal escape.

"Officer!?", I shouted for her to snapped out and realize what she's doing to me.

Then I heard the sound of the door slamming. I grumbled in exasperation.

"He's not gonna escape!", She yelled back. That made me stop struggling.

"Let him run, but he won't able to escape. I wouldn't let that happen.", She said it like she was so sure, then I felt her arms slowly loosening.

"Stay here and don't fucking move. I'm serious. Don't fucking move.", she finally steps away from me, the looks in her eyes were intense, I can tell that she's mad but I don't take orders from an officer like me so I attempted to move. But her left hand was still gripping my wrist tight.

"I said don't move.", She commanded, my teeth gritted. As I shove her hand and run towards the door. But then I my whole body floating.

My eyes widened.

"Yah! What are you doing?! Put me down!", I shouted but to my shock, she lifted me up hugging my waist from behind and then she started walking to the bedroom.

"I'm warning you! Put me down! I swear I'm going to tell chief- ", I was cut off when she suddenly dropped me on the bed. And went to the door locking it.

"Yah!?", I exclaimed as run back to the door, but she blocked me again. And pulled out her two-way radio.

And reported the events that happened. Asking for backups. Like what she did that night when I accidentally answered her paging.

"We can still catch him.", I muttered with fuming eyes. After she puts down her radio.

She sighed.

And palmed her chest. "I almost died.", she mumbled, as she leaned on the door.

My jaw clenched. And my hands balled. When I remembered how she stupidly went to me trying to block a bullet. If I didn't unload it a while ago, then she would- I can't even imagine how stupid that was, how can someone be this naive?

"Why did you do that?! I didn't ask you to take a bullet for me! I can protect myself, you only have one life, don't waste it for someone you don't even know.", I said still with furrowed brows.

"If I could save a life then dying while doing that wouldn't be that bad. You're doing the same thing. We're just both idiots.", she muttered as she snickered.

"You're risking your life to catch that murderer. For what? I'm sure you're not doing that for yourself. So don't ask me why I did what I did. Because we probably think the same way.", She uttered as she looks at me, shaking her head and smiling crazily. She's really naive.

"You're wrong if you think I want to save lives. You're wrong to think that everyone who chooses this job wants to save lives.", I mumbled that took her off guard. Looking at me with daze.

"I get it. You're looking at this world and seeing everything in full colors. And that's what makes us different." I added.

-------

At a Pub.

Lisa Pov

"God, you're absolutely crazy. I mean how can you fucking do that? I mean she's right, what the hell Lalisa. I know how dangerous your job is but it's only been two days! And you're already risking your life!?", my sister said and grumbled at her seat.

"I agree with Jisoo-ah. It's too early to die a hero. You haven't even enjoy being in a relationship Lice.", Seulgi joins slightly shaking her head looking a bit disappointed.

I told them what happened earlier. We manage to catch Junhoe. That guy planned it well but the girl he killed really wasn't his target. He just used her to blackmail his own boss. He said he wanted to see Mr. Jang trembling in fear. And reason? It's because his father committed suicide because of the pressure that selfish businessman put him through, so he wanted to do the same to him to avenge his father.

He has his reason, I wanted to sympathize with him but when I found out that he's sending death threats to sunbaenim from these past weeks. To make her stop hunting him.

My teeth gritted. It's making my stomach churn in anger. How can he put that kind of anxiety on a girl? I can't even imagine how stress she is during those times.

"Hey Lice, you still here? hello!?", Seulgi said as she tapped my shoulder. Breaking me out of my trance.

"Huh? Yeah, I just- it's just. Dammit.", I groaned, brushing my face with frustration. I don't even realize that I've been in a daze.

That girl, why am I even thinking about her? "Aish!", I hissed and grab the beer in front of me and drunk it half empty.

"Just what Lalisa? Can you please speak a language that we can understand?", Jisoo eonni asked as her eyes turned into slits looking confused.

"It's just so bothering. I can't understand her eonni. She's too complicated.", I uttered as I slammed down the mug I'm holding on the table.

"Who? Jennie?", eonni asked. But I quickly shook my head.

"Ow, well that's new.", Jisoo replied as she shrugs.

"If this is about the girl you're willing to take a bullet for without thinking then I would like to hear it.", Eonni said as she crossed her arms.

"That's just my reflex kicking in at that moment, I don't want you to think there's other reason on it. I'll do that to anyone who's in that situation.", I reasoned as I saw my sister stifling a smile.

"Of course what else could it be? If I didn't know you're hopelessly in love with your best friend. I might think you actually care about this new girl.", Eonni said as she chuckles.

"Actually, it's the other way around Jisoo-ah. Sunbaenim is the one who doesn't fucking care about her.", Seulgi sneered. As she joins my sister on teasing me. I rolled my eyes and emptied the mug on hand.

I can't even argue with that. Because it's true, that girl doesn't even consider me as her hoobae, what more thinking she would give a damn about me.

"Aigoo, is that the reason why you're sulking?", Eonni asked still trying to look serious.

"No, I don't care if she doesn't care about me. We both doesn't care about each other, she can hate me as much as she wants! I couldn't care less!.", I growled. Gripping the empty beer mug I'm holding.

"Yeah, you really don't care we get it.", Jisoo mumbled. But I heard Seulgi's suppressed laugh beside me.

"Wae?", I asked her. But she just grins at me while she shakes her head.

"Nothing, I thought you're going to strip her naked? I mean you sound so sure you can do that just this morning so what happened? Did you change your mind?", Seulgi asked. That caught me off guard.

I coughed and ask the bartender for another refill. "You said that? Why would say that! You're a pervert I did not raise you to be a maniac!?", Jisoo eonni exclaimed looking at me with disgust. My mouth fell, and my face scrunched as I got what the hell did she interpreted it.

"Yah! Not literally, I was saying I'm going to take her mask off, because I don't believe she was born that way. That cruel. I don't believe that she's that bad. She can't be that bad. ", I mumbled as I sighed. Bringing the beer on my mouth again for another gulp.

"Aigoo, you're the one that's complicated here. So are you saying you still want to know the girl inside and out, but you couldn't care less about her? Come on Lice, just choose one. And be honest.", Seulgi interrogated me. I looked at both my friend and sister as they anticipated me to answer.

Me? To be honest?

What do I really feel?

I scoffed. "Honestly I-", I paused and laughed, as I feel my nape burn. I feel hot, I think the alcohol is kicking in as I remember how I held sunbaenim's body. The way her silk black hair smells, the way her small hands eagerly pushed me, and the way she huffed in annoyance. I can't help it but get curious. I kept thinking about how mad could she be? And what makes her so mad. I want to know those things.

"Come on Lalisa just answer.", Jisoo eonni insisted.

I heave a deep sigh. Brushing my face agonizingly slow as I accept my honest thoughts.

"I want to know her more."

"If only that girl wasn't that stingy."

--------

Morning arrived.

The tall girl woke up by the sound of her alarm. But as soon as she pulled herself up to sit.

She noticed a body lying beside her. And when her eyes traveled up to see who is it.

"What the fuck!?", Lisa gasped in shock. Seeing her best friend on her bed. Jennie lying sideways, head leaning against her hand and eyes glaring at her.

"Wae?!", Lisa exclaimed. When she notices the frown on the latter's face.

Jennie hastily sat on her leg. "I heard what happened yesterday. Jisoo told me what you've gone through.", the girl with feline eyes mumbled still pouting. And Lisa's mouth pressed together into thin lines, taken aback with the sudden confrontation early in the morning.

"Are you serious? How could you do that? What if that gun was loaded? You could've died Lili.", Jennie muttered, her hands clenched on top of her dress.

"I can't believe you would sacrifice your life for that girl. What aren't you telling me? Do you really like her that much? How can you like someone that deep without barely knowing her?", Jennie added, her face flashes with disbelief and worries.

And Lisa almost choke with all the questions she's hearing from the girl.

"What are you talking about? Who the fuck gave you that idea?!", Lisa exclaimed. But then Jisoo knocked and went inside her room interrupting the two.

"Yah! Don't you have work? It's already 7.", Jisoo announced with her hands on her waist.

It is when Lisa realizes who could be feeding those thoughts on her best friend. No other than her annoying sister.

"You!? Eonni? What did you tell her?", Lisa questioned while pointing at the frowning girl in front of her.

"Oh, shoot! I forgot I need to be at the company early. So, bye guys, I'll go now~ see you later~ ", the latter said as she slowly disappeared from the room and closing the door back again. Leaving her sister with mouth agape.

"Eonni?! Yah?!", Lisa abruptly tosses her blanket and went down from herbed in rush as she chases her sister outside.

But the latter was already at the doorway, giving her sister a sly smile before slamming the door closed and escaping from her younger sister.

Lisa was about to chase her outside their house. But a tug on her sleeve stopped her.

"Where do you think you're going?", A faint voice echoed through her ear that made her stiff. Lisa sighed looking defeated. As she spun and faces the girl.

"Look, Nini. Whatever you're thinking it isn't true. Eonni is just teasing me, I did what I did yesterday out of impulse. I'll do that to anyone who needs my help.", Lisa explained and presses her lips together flashing a tight-lipped smile on her best friend.

"Including me?", Jennie quickly follow with a question.

Lisa's lips parted. And their eyes unconsciously locked.

"Of course. I will catch a bullet for you, without any second thoughts.", the tall girl answered without breaking their eye contact.

And Jennie hearing the latter's answer flashes her famous gummy smile on the tall girl. "I know you would. But that's too much. I want you safe and breathing Lili. Not dead, so please be careful? Arasso?"

Lisa gulped, dropping their gaze before she nods. She had to take her eyes off the girl before she loses her mind and disappoint her best friend for acting weird. She also reminded herself again that the girl she's been admiring for a long time is already with someone else.

--------

At Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency

Lisa goes to her work, after talking to Jennie about the incident, and the longer they talked the difficult it gets for her. Especially when her best friend gave her reason to hope. The girl sighed for the fifth time in front of her desk, thinking about the brunette. And this came unnoticed by the head chief on their cluster.

The chief officer coughed, getting the attention of everyone. Including Lisa.

"Officers, y'all are too serious. I've got some good news. And I want everyone to listen.", The old man said as he got out of his desk, and leaned slightly sitting at top of his table instead. Crossing his arms looking at his men.

"First, we have to congratulate these two officers for their hard work.", Their chief said pointing at Lisa first and them to Jieun. Earning applause from their co-workers, both were clueless about why their boss suddenly giving them this kind of attention.

Nevertheless, the two thanked everyone for their cheers. But when their eyes met, they both hissed in response.

"So, I'm going to give you guys a little treat. We've been working our ass off every day. So I want to reward us a little time to enjoy and relax. So we're going to my favorite place, let's eat a lot of meat and drink some after work.", The chief said as he clapped smiling proudly. This caused an uproar, everyone is jumping in joy, laughing and thanking the head chief for his generosity.

And one of the people laughing and clapping with everyone is Lisa. But the tall girl paused when she happens to look at her sunbae who quickly sat back to her chair and seems not excited about it.

She wanted to approach the grumpy woman, but then decided not to, thinking she'll only pissed the latter.

The time passed smoothly until the time of their celebration. They all went to this meat restaurant in Hongdae, and there's Lisa together with Seulgi and Irene. While Jieun is with Jin-goo and other senior officers.

The two sat in different table but happened to be facing each other with a wide gap in between.

"So she knows how to smile.", Lisa mumbled between her breath huffing while looking at a particular person on the opposite side of their table who's happily talking with the other officers.

She shook her head and goes back stuffing meat in her mouth and drinking the glass of soju empty.

"Lice? What are you mumbling? Officer Irene is talking to you.", Seulgi said as she nudges her friend. Lisa jerk on her seat, and immediately turn to look at the sunbae beside Seulgi.

"I'm sorry sunbae, I was just thinking of something. What was it again?", Lisa said, brushing her nape looking sorry for the lack of attention.

"Thinking or looking?", Seulgi mumbled on the side earning her a violent nudge from the tall girl.

"Shut up.", Lisa mumbled with warning eyeing her friend with a threat.

"Don't mind her sunbae, so what was it again?", Lisa said smiling at her senior.

"Oh, I was just asking how was it working with Jieun.", Irene said as she subtly pointed the girl on the opposite table.

"Ow, it's interesting. Jieun sunbae is certainly brave, no doubt about it. She's great.", Lisa answered as she shrugs. Taking another glass of soju, while stealing glances on the girl, as they talk about her.

But unexpectedly she caught the latter looking back at her, smiling prettily. Lisa almost spit out the soju she's drinking when that happened. Then a loud cheering followed after that.

"Go Jieun-shi!", Jin-goo shouted from his seat, as he claps.

"Jieun-shi! Jieun-shi!", another officer joins.

Lisa furrowed her brows. Wondering what's happening, but the girl they're cheering on stood up. Leaving her table, and walking unsteadily.

"She's drunk.", Lisa mumbled, following the girl with her eyes.

"What will Jieun sunbae do?", Seulgi asked Irene.

"She's gonna sing. You guys would be amazed.", Irene answered looking excited.

Lisa scoffed. Shaking her head in disbelief.

The small girl stood in the middle, talking to the musicians busily performing. Lisa saw how the group stopped. And excitedly give the mike to the drunk girl. Which confuses her, but her hands gripped tight on the empty glass she's holding, thinking she'll witness another layer of the girl being exposed.

"Aigoo. You guys stop pestering me after this. Arasso?!" The drunk girl shouted u shamefully through the mike, that got everyone laughing.

When the girl sat at the chair, the crowd began to silence. Anticipating the girl to start singing her heart out. While Lisa's eyes were fixated on the latter the whole time.

Lisa's mouth fell open after the girl sang. The crowd remained in awe, it was silent yet she was getting deaf by how much loud her heart was beating all throughout that performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Me too Lisa. Me too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.8K 2K 30
Two different lifestyles. One, a village girl (Jennie) who is the daughter of the chief. Upon the sudden earthquake, she and her best friend (Chaeyou...
37.5K 831 41
A boy save a little girl who is about 6 or 7 years old, because its suddenly cross the road without looking if there is some track crossing the road...
20.3K 1K 21
͓̽U͓͓̽̽p͓͓̽̽o͓͓̽̽n͓͓̽̽ ͓̽T͓͓̽̽i͓͓̽̽m͓͓̽̽e͓̽ -͓͓̽̽ J͓͓̽̽e͓͓̽̽n͓͓̽̽l͓͓̽̽i͓͓̽̽s͓̽a͓̽ [͓͓̽̽G͓̽!͓̽P͓̽] Jennie Kim who is married to LaLisa Manoban sent di...
194K 5K 30
"Jennieyah!" Hiccup. "Hey, Lisa is that you?" Jennie asked worriedly. "Hehe ne. How are you, my baby?!" Lisa asked loudly. "Nini, mianhe." Her voi...