Healing Castle | TXT Fantasy...

Od justinmingyi

After a whirlwind world tour, TOMORROW X TOGETHER is haunted by a monster called the Black Mage--the boss in... Více

HEALING CASTLE
1 - Soobin
2 - Yeonjun
3 - Huening Kai
4 - Taehyun
5 - Beomgyu
6 - Soobin
7 - Yeonjun
8 - Huening Kai
10 - Beomgyu
11 - Soobin
12 - Yeonjun
13 - Huening Kai
14 - Taehyun
15 - Beomgyu
16 - Soobin
17 - Yeonjun
18 - Huening Kai
19 - Taehyun
20 - Beomgyu
21 - Soobin
22 - Yeonjun
23 - Huening Kai
24 - Taehyun
25 - Beomgyu
26 - Soobin
27 - Yeonjun
28 - Huening Kai
29 - Taehyun
30 - Beomgyu
31 - Soobin
32 - Yeonjun
33 - Huening Kai
34 - Taehyun
35 - Beomgyu
36 - Soobin
37 - Yeonjun
38 - Huening Kai
39 - Taehyun
40 - Beomgyu

9 - Taehyun

115 9 12
Od justinmingyi

"Okay, let's try not to get mobbed today."

Usually, their arrivals at the airport are a big fanfare. Hundreds of fans come to try to take pictures, and multiple bodyguards have to push them back. The sea of panic is such a contrast in comparison to today's calm. They were supposed to stay in Hawaii for another few days, so no one is expecting their arrival.

Taehyun had booked their own flights—how he managed to convince their manager, he has no idea. Come to think of it, everyone at BigHit is kind of teetering right now, not really paying attention to them or being strict in screening their activities.

Taehyun is confident in their disguise. They're dressed in beige trench coats, coupled with dark glasses and wigs that actually seem like natural hair. It was Taehyun's idea to carry briefcases and walk with as much brisk confidence as possible. They need to seem like they're on official business. Getting caught here, without any bodyguards, would be an actual nightmare.

Well, maybe about as tenth as nightmarish as encountering the Black Mage.

As he walks throughout the crowded Incheon International Airport, people keep bumping into him. He smiles before wiping it off his face. Bumping means the disguise is working. It means the people around him don't recognize him and the boys.

He's back in his home country. Still, the unfamiliar dread won't leave him. Since he was knocked unconscious, he's lost all sense of calmness. But he clenches his jaw and draws from his experiences both as a trainee and a rookie idol. He's learned to have a thick skin. He'll have to push forward even though his whole internal being wants to break down.

The logical part of Taehyun is most resistant to accepting how an online game has integrated itself into the lives of him and the members. He doesn't even believe in ghosts. He's the most non-superstitious of anyone in the team. Now, he's spending all his brain power trying to figure out their situation. But in the buzz of airport busyness, his mind ends up wandering.

Taehyun has always wanted to be a wizard.

He's practiced magic tricks ever since he was young. He knows the difference between what's fabricated and what's reality. And that ghostly explosion in the vacation house wasn't a simple trick. No special effects, no amount of smoke and mirrors could produce such a terrifying experience.

It's taking him a while to accept that the Black Mage really is out to get them. But if it's true, there must be a good reason. Researching through the night, Taehyun is educated on the origin of the Black Mage. He was once a good mage who used his powers for good. Eventually, he experimented with dark magic—which led to havoc in the Maple World.

To make a long story short, he was temporarily beaten by a team of mythological heroes—and then beaten by real players after his awakening in-game. Perhaps him being defeated in the game led to him being summoned in the real world? Just the thought of it makes Taehyun's head spin.

And that brings him to Yeonjun's magical display in the gaming cafe. He showcased a skill which was signature to the type of character he used to play. Yeonjun was a rogue, and the rest of them played four different classes.

Taehyun has come to the crazy, yet plausible solution that TXT has been separated into five classes. They are in possession of latent powers, and now they must learn how to harness them—before they end up getting killed by an inter-dimensional monster.

His mind can't stop racing. He tries to focus his energy into navigating through the building of sleekly designed, cutting-edge architecture.

"The first thing we need to do is," he says, to the group, "is get some snacks. I couldn't eat after the... plane incident."

Soobin, after shaking his head, breaks his silence. "Okay, let's follow our magician."

None of them have wielded any talents since Yeonjun's disappearance, but Taehyun is ready to open his hands and watch as magic bolts fire onto the Mage. He wonders if other monsters from MapleStory will appear. Then he shakes his head at the thought. It'd be absolute chaos for Seoul to be overrun with demented versions of cute animals.

They enter a 7-11 nearby the metro's entrance, and Taehyun decides he'll use the opportunity for some investigating. While the other guys look around for snacks—refueling from the deathly long flight—Taehyun brings himself to the cashier and wears his most neutral expression. Luckily for him, he doesn't think this ajusshi has much experience with K-pop idols.

He tries for a meager greeting, distorting his voice a little—deeper, more appropriate from a young businessman.

"Hello," Taehyun says. "I just returned to Korea after a long trip. I was wondering if there were any incidents of... supernatural happenings?"

"Supernatural happenings?" the middle-aged man says, eyebrows raised. "Nothing that I know of. Why don't you buy a newspaper and see for yourself?"

"Never mind," says Taehyun.

"Never mind?"

Taehyun is ready to just walk around the counter and look up the latest news on his smartphone. But when he looks up, the middle-aged man is smirking. There's no sign of the Black Mage, but the tone of voice is scary in itself.

"You boys will never succeed," he says. "The Mage is too strong. His powers run too deep, in every corner of the world."

Then he watches as the boys make purchases for all types of food—chips, gummies, and multiples of specialty items that can't be found in Hawaii. The cashier is extremely nice to all members, but he shoots Taehyun with a side glance, shrouded in concealed hatred.

Taehyun, usually able to face hostile people with a deadpan demeanor the other boys admire, is close to vacating the 7-11 as quickly as possible. He wishes he were alone. That way the other members wouldn't question him for darting straight through the miniature aisles, back into the much more comfortable airport bustle. After Huening Kai's experience with the flight attendant, he wouldn't put it past the cashier from transforming.

Taehyun attempts to find the mana within himself—some sort of magic power he could use to fight against enemies which will no doubt confront TXT. If he could just use the power of a mage, the intelligence turning into burning blue magic, it'd be a big victory.

But nothing comes from his hopeless wishing. All he succeeds in doing is making his stomach hurt from stress.

He sighs when the boys meet up outside. They're still in the airport, so they haven't even reached their first objective yet. But Taehyun's heart feels worn, and his breath keeps coming and going at strange intervals.

Taehyun steadies his breathing, counting the seconds between each inhale and exhale. "Let's go, guys."

They catch the line to the main city. Then they transfer to line 1. They have to be discreet as possible, so on the train they split into sub-units. He's paired up with Beomgyu while they head to their first location—a hotel where no one can find them.

"No one at BigHit is answering us," says Taehyun. "I don't know why. They've been quicker than the police at answering our concerns. For years."

Beomgyu tilts his head. "No one knows why. I mean, we almost got attacked on the airplane by a specter. I think BigHit being absent is the least of our concern."

"It's a big concern," says Taehyun. "It means that we're on our own. And we don't want to get our parents involved either. That'll bring them into danger."

At the mention of parents, Beomgyu tenses up. "Hey. I never said I wanted to bring family into this."

Taehyun takes a step back at the sourness in his words. Sometimes, Beomgyu can shut down from stress, and he'll become unnaturally quiet before speaking in extremes. Taehyun can feel that process beginning. In moments like these, he often changes the subject.

"I'm happy you found a hotel," Taehyun says.

"I don't want to talk right now," Beomgyu clips.

Taehyun sighs and tries to keep his luggage close while the passengers grow in number. He's squished and almost separated, but he attempts to admire the scenery. His home is made of stunning buildings, riversides, and charming side streets.

When the doors open for Dongdaemun, he rushes out with his team, almost knocking over a few people.

Taehyun wants to scream at the entire world. Instead, he bites his tongue and follows the team as they find their footing on familiar streets.

A/N: I hope you MOA enjoyed! Thank you as always for reading. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

302K 14.4K 49
The story of a girl and her five best friends and how in just one night everything fell apart... Or was it just one night? Will she be able to brin...
88.5K 4.8K 46
[COMPLETE]: Soobin, a normal college boy who still has a childish mind, a boy who likes fantasies and magics due to his friend Taehyun. But Soobin ne...
20.5K 520 22
Soobin and Beomgyu always cared for each other dearly. While their other friends, hueningkai, taehyun and yeonjun suspect something more, Beomgyu and...
43.9K 2.4K 25
Yeonjun and Soobin meet again in middle school and survive through high school. The boys are casually being playful and touchy with each other until...