SHIVIKA SHORT STORIES (COMPLE...

By NurulDnySham

This is the short stories of Shivika... On this book had 4 types of Short stories that I write on Shivika... More

PART 1 ANIKA LEAVES OM
PART 2 - ANIKA.......
PART 3 - THE TRUTH COMES OUT
PART 4 - RAGINI ATTACK ANIKA
PART 5 - RAGINI GOING TO KILL ANIKA
PART 6 - ANIKA BEING KIDNAP
PART 7 - THE OBEROI FAMILY (LAST PART)
[New] - Part 1 [Shivaay Throw Anika out the House]
[New] - Part 2 [Shivaay Engagement Day!]
[New] - Part 3 [Anika Stop OmRu!]
[New] - Part 4 [The Truth Is Out!]
[New] - Part 5 [Final Goodbye!] LAST PART
πŸ’˜ [YOU ARE MY JAAN - PART 1] πŸ’˜
πŸ’˜ [YOU ARE MY JAAN - PART 2] πŸ’˜
πŸ’“ CHAP 01 - SHIVIKA MARRIAGE πŸ’“
πŸ’“ CHAP 02 - SHIVAAY THREATENING ANIKA πŸ’“
πŸ’“ CHAP 03 - SHIVAAY KNOWS THE TRUTH πŸ’“
πŸ’“ CHAP 04 - YOU ARE MY JAAN (LAST PART) πŸ’“

πŸ’˜ [YOU ARE MY JAAN - PART 3] LAST PART πŸ’˜

2.4K 140 11
By NurulDnySham

At Anika House...
[Then Shivaay goes out and the he arrives at her house he walks inside the house...]
Shivaay - Why her house like this... It's so messed up like this... What had happened here? Where is Anika? Then he saw a paper near her bag...
[He takes it and read the papers...]
Shivaay - Anika... Anika is sick? Where is she now? Oh god Anika...
[A person walk out of the house...]
Shivaay - Hello where is the people in the house?
Man - They all went to city hospital sir...
Shivaay - City Hospital? Oo... Okay thank you... Hospital? Anika!

At The Hospital...
[Shivaay arrives at the City Hospital and he saw Harsh, Sahil and Omru there... He and Khanna went there... When he walk by towards them the doctor walk to him and he stop the doctor...]
Shivaay - Doctor how is her condition doctor? What is this medicine?
Doctor - Her condition is now stable we need to wait until she wakes up... This is the medicine that I gives to her... Every month for her sickness... She had a watery liver... Come to my cabin sir we can discuss it there...
[Omkara and Rudra come closer to him...]
Shivaay - Omru? You also here? Why? And how?
Omkara - Come let's follow the doctor first we also need to know about our bhabhi condition...
Rudra - Yes Shivaay bhaiyya... Come...
[Sahil look at Anika through the window... Harsh follow Khanna, Shivaay, and Omru to the doctor cabin...]

At the Doctor cabin...
Doctor - Have a sit...
[Harsh and Shivaay sit at the chair, Omru and Khanna were listening behind them...]
Harsh - Doctor my daughter will get a donor right... Please do something doctor...
Shivaay - Doctor tell me from the beginning... How all of this happen?
Doctor - Forst time when Anika faint at her house,  Harsh and Sahil bring her here... We done some test towards her... And after a few test that we did so many times... We found out what is her problem... Anika suffer a watery liver... Anika were in this sickness for 3 month ago when we meet at the hospital... And now it had been 6 month since we meet again like this... Her sickness is on the second last stage on the first time when she know this and now maybe her condition is on the last stage... 6 month later we meet again when she took the medicine which means 2 month back she had suffer 9 month and her condition on that time she told me she usually feels pain on her chest... And she lose some appetite to eat... You all can look at her... After that 2 months we didn't meet until now which means she had carried this sickness already one year now... Look we had been looking for a person to donor their liver... The person should donor their liver willingly to us on following the hospital terms and conditions... Or when the person is on accident which means that if the family member is agree on it... So now we didn't found a matching liver donor on her blood... Her blood is B +positive blood... So the donor maybe that can match her blood is AB or O type of blood... You can see she is losing some weight... Her pale face... She shaken... Her eyes is looks like crying and there's a black marks below her eyes... She lose her appetite on food... Sometimes she feels cold... She usually feels want to faint... Her heads heavy...
Harsh - Doctor... Take my liver... I willingly to give it to Anika... As long as she lives it's matter to me...
Doctor - We had to do some test for you both and I wanna see how is her condition on the surgery that we will do to her... And I wanna see were you in a perfect condition to donor the liver or not...
Shivaay - Doctor... I will fond the donor... Just do anything and please save my Anika... She had to lived! I will pay for everything else...
Doctor - Mr Oberoi relax we need to find a matching donor first... Don't push everyone like this... I understand your feelings about her... She is a best friend of mine too...
[Then they all goes out from the doctor cabin...]
Omkara - Now you know right? You should think clearly about Anika... Shivaay you know her more then us...
Rudra - Yes bhaiyya... I will call Mahi bhaiyya and tell him about Anika and you were here...
Shivaay - Mmmm... I had make a mistake... I torture her and taunting her...

Shivaay - She been fighting the sickness... I'm feeling like a bad person... I love her but I done a horrible things to her and she didn't even bother to tell me the whole truth about herself... 😭😭
Omkara - There is one things you should know Shivaay... The guy that come and says he is Anika boyfriend and want to marry Anika is actually the goons leader because Anika father had make a small loan from him for Sahil school and also for his medicine when he was sick a few month back... He already paid 80% of the loan money but the left part Anika had to pay it because Harsh did not go to work when he is sick... So the loan that left is now 2 lakh rupee...
Shivaay - What! How can this happen! Why I can't see it... Loan! Oh god!
Rudra - Bhaiyya he is the one that hit Anika bhabhi just now if not you won't know about her sickness...
Shivaay - I should go now and meet him! Take care of Anika! Come with me Khanna... Call the police and search for Daksh now!
Khanna - Okay sir...
[A few minutes later...]
Khanna - He at his hotel sir!
Shivaay - Good!
Shivaay mind - I will make you pay for what you did to Anika Daksh! I will kill you!
[Khanna drive the car to the place where Daksh is and he call the police too there...]
[He knocked on the door... And then when the lock open he kicks the person and he fall unfortunately the person is really Daksh that open the door... And he fall down hold his chest...]
Shivaay - How dare you! I will kill you!
Daksh - Arrrh! What are you doing! What is my mistakes!
Shivaay - How dare you touch and hit my Anika! How dare you threatening her hah? How much money you want from her!
[Shivaay punch 👊 his face three times and punch 👊 his stomach and then he kick his chest...]
Daksh - Aaarrhh!!! 😖😖😫😫
[He punch 👊 and kick him until he turn into black and blue colour his eyes is full on anger... The only picture that caught his vision is Anika sad face and crying that he saw...]
Shivaay - You were the one that make her cry! Make her suffer! Burdening her! Threatening her! Hah! If her father is the one that loan the money and the payment is enough for the money that he loan... But you make the whole family suffer until they were like this! How could you hah!

[The police 🚨 cone in the room and rest the other three person too and then he arrest Daksh...]
Shivaay - I will come to police station and makes reports on him... He try to kill my would to be wife! And he then run away from her house...
Police Inspector - Okay Mr. Oberoi thank you for your report and we all will wait and write a full report on him...
[Shivaay goes to Daksh...]
Shivaay - You makes Anika life turn to hell! Now is my turn to show you the hell that I will make for you too! And unfortunately you cannot run away from this hell Daksh! I will never let you go from this police station ever! You had hurt my Anika! Now it's your turn!
Daksh - Arrh! 😠😠
[Then the police takes him away and then Shivaay fully write a report at the police station... After finish that he goes back to City Hospital... And he saw Mahi, Omru with Anika family there...]
Shivaay - Bhaiyya...
Mahi - Shivaay... Go in Anika already stable...
Shivaay - Is she already awake?
Omkara - Not yet... But you can go inside... Only two person allowed to go in the room...
Shivaay - Okay...

Sapna Jahan Dastak Na De, Chaukhat Thi Woh Aankhein Meri
My eyes were that place where dreams would never arrive/come
Baaton Se Thi Tadaad Mein, Khamoshiyan Zyaada Meri
Silences were more in number than talks in my life
Jabse Pade, Tere Kadam, Chalne Lagi, Duniya Meri
Since You’ve come into my life, my world has started revolving/moving (become alive)

Mere Dil Mein Jagah Khuda Ki Khaali Thi…
A place for God inside my heart was empty
Dekha Wahan Pe Aaj Tera Chehra Hai…
Today I see Your face there
Main Bhatakta Hua Sa Ek Baadal Hoon…
I’m like a wandering cloud
Jo Tere Aasmaan Pe Aake Thehra Hai…
That has come to Your Sky and is standing still now

Tu Rooh Hai Toh Main Kaaya Banoon
You’re the soul, so I’ll become the guise
Taa-Umr Main Tera Saaya Banoon
I’ll become Your shadow for lifetime
Keh De Toh Ban Jaoon Bairaag Main
If You say so, I’ll become Your longing
Kehde Toh Main Teri Maaya Banoon
If You say so, I’ll become Your illusion
Tu Saaz Hai, Main Ragini
You’re the tune, I’m the melody
Tu Raat Hai, Main Chandni
You’re the night, I’m the moonlight..

[Shivaay goes in the room and he sees Anika were attached on a wires with a mask oxygen on her face... Her white and pale faces... Makes his tears fall down from his eyes...]

Mere Dil Mein Jagah Khuda Ki Khaali Thi…
A place for God inside my heart was empty
Dekha Wahan Pe Aaj Tera Chehra Hai…
Today I see Your face there
Main Bhatakta Hua Sa Ek Baadal Hoon…
I’m like a wandering cloud
Jo Tere Aasmaan Pe Aake Thehra Hai…
That has come to Your Sky and is standing still now

Hum Pe Sitaaron Ka Ehsaan Ho, Poora, Adhoora Har Armaan Ho
May the stars be benevolent upon us, may all our dreams become true
Ek Doosre Se Jo Baandhe Humein, Baahon Mein Nanhi Si Ik Jaan Ho
May we have a little soul (young one/kid) in our arms that attaches both of us
Aabaad Ho, Chhota Sa Ghar, Lag Na Sake, Kisi Ki Nazar
May our abode flourish, may no one’s evil gaze affect us

Mere Dil Mein Jagah Khuda Ki Khaali Thi…
A place for God inside my heart was empty
Dekha Wahan Pe Aaj Tera Chehra Hai…
Today I see Your face there
Main Bhatakta Hua Sa Ek Baadal Hoon…
I’m like a wandering cloud
Jo Tere Aasmaan Pe Aake Thehra Hai…
That has come to Your Sky and is standing still now...

[He goes there hold her cold hand... And he kiss her hand... His tears drop 💧 on her hands...]
Shivaay - I'm sorry jaan... Please wake up... I want to talk with you... I want to know the whole truth from you jaan... Why are you doing this? Why you leave me jaan? Anika my life is empty without you jaan... Please don't do this to me... Please I can't lived without you.....

Anika room...
[Anika awake and she sees Shivaay holding her hands and crying beside her...]
Anika - Shiv..... Shivaay?
Shivaay - .......... 😭😭
[She slowly pull her hands off his hold... And everything us clear on her eyes...]
Anika - Sorry Shivaay sir... Why are you here?
Shivaay - Stop calling me sir! I'm not your boss anymore!
Anika - Why? You want to fired me sir?
Shivaay - I'm your boyfriend... Your lover and partner... The only person that loves you more then anything in the world Anika......
Anika - That's title I already lost it Shivaay... You were happy with Tia... And I'm happy for that...
Shivaay - Are you happy when I be with Tia hah Anika? Do you that I'm happy with her?
Anika - As far as I can see you are happy with her... Your concern to her... The way you care about her... It's enough for me and showing that you love her Shivaay...
Shivaay - That's is what you thought about me? You didn't see everything is just a fake... I fake loving her... Because the love that I was for someone else...
Anika - Fake?
Shivaay - Yes fake! I only... I only love you Anika... Why did you hide your sickness behind me like this also the loan that your father makes hah? You lie to me about Daksh and this water liver sickness that you had hah! I need answers Anika tell me why?
Anika - Shiv... Shivaay... How did you know this? I... I can't...
Shivaay - Anika why did you hide all of this from me? I just asked you to love me and taking care of me everyday... And you didn't even share your sorrow, pain and hurt to me Anika? Why? Don't you really love me? Or you want to revenge me? If you want revenge on my mistake to you then hit me! Said something bad to me! Come on Anika hit me! Slap me... But don't ever leave me and done like this to me...
Anika - How can I slap also hit the person that I truly love? Also on this condition its not worth it for me... And I don't had any revenge or feel angry about anything... In fact I'm happy because the person that I love will lived happily without me... With Tia...
Shivaay - Do you think I'm happy with her? I tell you the truth... Anika my happiness and my life belongs with you... Don't you get it?
Anika - I can't lived longer Shivaay with you... 😭😭 You will feel broken every single day see me like this... And what if I will not awake on next morning when you see the sunrise... Shivaay you should get a better lives... There are others woman out there needs you and can replace my place to you and in your life Shivaay... I cannot lived longer you listen to me right I can't...
Shivaay - Anika don't ever say like that... I will do anything to make you fine again and I want you also do not stop living... Have faith jaan... You have to fight, do you love me? Answer it truly from your heart Anika...
Anika - Yes I do so much... But I can't do this Shivaay...
Shivaay - No you can... You had to fight for me... I love you always... And I will always only choose you Anika only you jaan... Only you that I love forever and ever in my life... Khanna had told me before... That...

Shivaay POV
Khanna - Sir... I already know about Anika maam condition like this before and I'm sorry for not telling you about her...
Shivaay - What! Khanna how could you do that!
Khanna - Anika maam and me had make a pinki promise together... He wants me to hide it from you... He didn't want to trouble anyone... Even you too sir... And the truth is she really loves you sir... She cannot stop loving you but her sickness makes her do all of that... She been thinking she had no changce to lived anymore after this... Her only request that he wants you to be happy with the person that can take a good care about you Shivaay sir...
Shivaay - How stupid is my Anika! She thinks I can lived happy without her! How can I when my heart belongs to her..... Thanks Khanna...
Khanna - And sir... I already found a donor on her sickness last week it's at the medical Hospital...
Shivaay - What? Are you sure?
Khanna - Come let's bring the donor and makes some payments for the inner organs on that hospital...
Shivaay - Okay...
Shivaay POV ends...
Shivaay - Khanna had found a perfect donor last week but you rejected it right... After this you will lived like before... Promise me that you will fight okay...
Anika - Shivaay.... What if I not success hah! What if the liver is not match with me?
Shivaay - Hussh!
[He then hold her face and kiss her lips deeply and she also reprociates his kiss... Then a few minutes later he released her...]
Shivaay - I miss that one... 😍
Anika - Mmmm... 😳
Shivaay - As much I need you... The more I need you Anika is like the way you also want me... Anika... You had to fight for our love... For promise... For our future... Pinki promise me that you will fight okay...
Anika - Pinki promise...
[Then Shivaay kiss her forehead and he moves out and meet the doctor...]

Doctor Cabin...
Shivaay - Doctor do the operation this evening... I know the DNA is match right... His blood with Anika blood too match right?
Doctor - Yes everything is perfect...
Shivaay - Good... You had to save my Anika no matter what!
[Shivaay walk out and Harsh and Sahil were waiting for him...]
Shivaay - Papa... Sahil...
Harsh - Thank you Shivaay for doing this to Anika... Thank god that she agrew to do operation...
Sahil - Yes Shivaay bhaiyya... Anika didi is so stubborn... When its come to operation...
Shivaay - Now she won't I will be there with her...
[Then Omru and Mahi comes meet Shivaay and others...]
Omkara - So how Anika Shivaay?
Shivaay - She is fine and her operation is on this evening...
Rudra - Good!
Mahi - Shivaay... Do wanna tell mom and dad or I will tell them...
Shivaay - Tell them and if they want to come here let them come easy for me to make them meet my Anika...
Mahi - Okay...

Evening...
[Anika in her stretcher the nurse and doctor bring her to the OT room (ICU room)... Before reach there... Shivaay comes and meet Anika...]
Shivaay - I will wait for you outside Anika... I want you to fight and lived okay jaan... You are my jaan Anika... If you die then I will die too with you...
Anika - Shivaay...
Shivaay - I love you Anika...
Anika - Love you too Shivaay...
[Then the nurse push her stretcher inside... And the doctor put the oxygen mask to her a few minutes later she fall asleep... And the doctor start the operation...]

[Shivaay, Mahi, Omkara, Rudra, Harsh and Sahil starts pray at the idol that were present on the pray room... Khanna also there starts his pray on Anika..]
Shivaay mind - God! Please save my Anika... She had to live her lifes with me... I promise that I will make her the most happiest woman on earth and I will shower her with my love fully in my heart... And I won't ever hurt her again god! Don't ever take her away from me... If she dies then my life has no meaning anymore... I will also followed her... She is my life and she is my jaan god!
Harsh mind - God! You already tale my wife with you... If you take away my daughter my life has no meaning anymore... I will feel that the mistake that I had done in my life is like a sin in my life! I willingly committed and suicide myself... Please give my daughter back to me....
Mahi mind - God! I'm here is for my brother Shivaay... I want her always be happy and success in his life... And when I kmow Anika is her lifeline so there's only one things that I pray to you... Don't separate this two lovers that you made for each other... Please bring and give Anika strength to comeback to us... All of us here...
Omkara mind - God please give your bless on Anika and Shivaay relationship... Give their relationship a strength to overcome every tast in their life and makes their loves grown stronger every single day and now I just hope that you will save my would to be bhabhi... Please god don't take her away from Shivaay...
Rudra - God please save our bhabhi... Only Anika bhabhi is the only girl in Shivaay life... Please god!
[After finish praying then the monitor heartbeat Anika were working and her heartbeat is beating again... Then the doctor start his operation again... Until finish...]

[After 5 hour finish the operation for Anika... And the doctor and burse went out from the OT room...]
Shivaay - Doctor... How is my Anika? Is she fine? She success right on the liver operation?
Harsh - How's my daughter doctor?
Omkara - Doctor is our bhabhi fine?
Sahil - Doctor...
Mahi - Doctor say something... Tell us...
Doctor - I'm sorry Mr. Oberoi... We all had try our best but...
Rudra - But what doctor?
Doctor - But in the middle of the operations we lost her... She lose her life... We tried to bring her back but... A few minutes later we got her back and makes her stable again... The liver is success been put inside her body and we had seen it's give a good response on her body half minutes later after the operation... She is save and alive... Don't worry...
Shivaay - Thank god... Thank you doctor...
Doctor - I will transfer her into her room back then we all had to wait until she conscious...
Harsh - Okay doctor... Thank you...
Mahi - Thank god Anika is fine... Shivaay... Go in... I will call mom and dad inform them about you and Anika...
Shivaay - Thanks Mahi bhaiyya...

Next Morning...
[Anika hand moves a bit and Shivaay saw her hand and hold it... He kiss her hand...]
Anika - Hmmm...
[She tries to open her eyes... Her vision from blur to clear... And she saw Shivaay were there waiting for her...]
Anika - Shiv..... Shivaay.....
Shivaay - Ani... Hey... I'm here...
[Anika tears drop from her eyes... 😭😭]
Shivaay - You are crying Anika?
Anika - Hmmm... I made it Shivaay... I thought that I will not success after the operation...
Shivaay - I told you that you had to fight okay...  See you success and come back to me right?
Anika - I'm sorry Shivaay... I'm sorry for hurting your feeling...
Shivaay - Hussh... Don't say like that anymore okay... Now we are together soon we will get married my brother calling my parents here soon they both will be here soon...

A few months later...
[Anika full recovery and then she arrives at a very beautiful place were decorated... Full flower... Khanna drop her there... Anika walks inside the place... And Shivaay waiting on the otherside for her...]
Anika - Khanna this place is dark you know I hate darkness right...
Khanna - Just walk inside Anika ji... Follow the lights someone is waiti for you inside the place..
Anika - Okay thank you Khanna ji...
[Anika walks inside and when she arrives there... The light infont of her were on... Then Shivaay walks towards Anika... Anika were crying saw the words behind him... And Shivaay walks towards her... And he kiss Anika forehead...]

Shivaay - I love you Anika... Only you...
You are my jaan and you are my heartbeat...
Anika - Mmm... 😭😭
Shivaay - Hussh no more crying...
Anika - I love you too Shivaay... I love you so much... More then my life and everything else...

Shivaay - Don't leave me Anika... Please pinki promise me that whatever had happened in your life you must share it with me... Talk to me... Don't hide anything from me okay jaan...
Anika - Mmm... Pinki promise...
Shivaay - One more things... Mom and dad had arranged our marriage ceremony... Two weeks later is our marriage...
Anika - Haan... Hmmm...
Shivaay - Come let's eat then we both go home and prepared our marriage...
Anika - Hmmm... 😊
Shivaay - No more crying okay?
Anika - Okay...

2 Weeks Later...
[The main hall been decorated and everyone present there... Omkara and Rudra had come with Omkara family... Tej and Jhanvi they both present there... Mahi comes with his girlfriend also Shivaay childhood friend name Preeta... Omkara introduce his girlfriend which is Anika bestfriend name Gauri and Rudra also introduce her girlfriend name Bhavya...]
Preeta - Finally getting married my old friend...
Shivaay - Haan... And when ypu both gonna get married?
Mahi - Next month...
Pinky - Oh My Maata Shakti ji we gonna get another daughter in law next month...
Shakti - Yes I know... Soon you both jad to makes preparations okay don't do just like Shivaay... Everything is not fully prepared...
Shivaay - Come on dad... My marriage here everything is perfect here...
Pinky - Now go wait at the mandap... Where is my beautiful daughter in law...
[Anika walk down in her beautiful dress with Sahil beside her and her father is the one that bring her to mandap and tied her clothes with Shivaay...]
Harsh - May you both have a happy life after this... Anika take care of yourself and your new family too...
Shivaay - Thanks papa...
Anika - Thanks papa... Love you papa...
Harsh - Love you too my daughter...
[Pandit ji start his marriage chanting...]
Pandit ji - Both of you stand up and takes round infront of this marriage fire...
[Shivaay and Anika stand up and takes the round everyone that present there throwing flowers whwn they both takes the round...]

[Shivaay takes the round until four round then Anika were moving infornt of Shivaay and she takes three rounds of the fire...]
Pandit ji - Now take this mangalsutra (Marriage nupital necklace) and put on her neck and put this sindoor on her forehead...
[Shivaay done all of the things that Pandit ji asked him to done...]

[Shivaay puts the nupital necklace on her neck and then he put sindoor on her forehead...]

Pandit ji - Now you both are husband and wife...
Shivaay - Welcome to my family Mrs Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi...
Anika - Thank you Mr. SSO...
Shivaay - Your almost welcome Mrs. ASSO...
[Both of them smile...]
Mahi - Now you both look here... And smile... I wanna take you both photograph as our family memories... Smile...
[Then they both smile towards the camera...]

Pinky - Kitne sone lagre hain woh dono... So match and perfect...
Shakti - Haan they are...
Mahi - Now family and friends picture together...
[They all lived happily together a few month later Mahi getting married with his girlfriend and then one and half months later Anika getting pregnant with a baby boy and then Mahi wife get pregnant a few month later with baby girl... their marriage life fill with happiness and blessings from both families... Harsh get his restaurant back and Shivaay with Mahi been helping them and after Sahil finish his school he will help his father at their restaurant... Omkara getting married to Anika best friend Gauri and Rudra getting married to his best friend Bhavya... They both got their child two months after they get married... Omkara got a baby girl and Rudra got a baby boy...]

*The End...

[Meet you all on next new part of the short stories... Next part will be my new part of the short stories on December I will start writing it... See you all soon...]

*Thank you for your support and your love keep on supporting me on my 3 other books... BE MINE, HEARTBEAT AND WITHOUT YOU... Love you all alots...
♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 460 20
A love story full of suspense and mysterious peep in to know more
Ishqbaazi By

Fanfiction

123K 6.5K 41
Its all about the love stories of shivika, rikara, ruvya.......how all tackles all problems that comes in their life. The main one is Shivika but sli...
82.1K 4.1K 29
No Description πŸ˜‰ It's a Short Story!! 1 #Oberoifamily (12/4/19) 11 #anika (30/3/19) 17 #Omkara (12/4/19) 27 #Gauri (12/4/19) 85 #Shivaay (12/4/19...
192K 6.8K 38
what will happen when u are forced in a marriage just for ur parents . . This story is about shivika what turn will anika life take after getting ma...