Chains Of Love

By Mimi_Kaira

Peep in to know.. More

Synopsis
Important
Chapter-1
Chapter- 2
Chapter- 4
Chapter- 5
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 7
Chapter- 8
Chapter- 9
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15

Chapter- 3

3.3K 187 27
By Mimi_Kaira

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Morning arose,
Naira was feeling much better. The pain had reduced but still she was unable to walk.

Swarna came to her and said, "Good morning beta.. How are you feeling now?"

"Fina maa.." she said.

Swarna looked around the room and understood that Kartik had already left for office.

"He left?" asked Swarna.

"Hmm" Naira nodded.

"He has asked me to take you to the hospital for X-ray." said Swarna.

"Okay maa. I will get ready in sometime.." said Naira.

"I know you are feeling bad" said Swarna.

"No maa. I am fine." said Naira and Swarna cupped her face. Naira looked up at her.

"Kartik should be there with you at this time. He should have take you to the hospital. I know you are feeling bad about it." said Swarna understanding her state.

Naira broke down into tears and Swarna hugged her immediately.

"No beta. Don't cry" Swarna caressed her head.

"I don't know maa. Why he behaves like this with me? I don't know what wrong did I do! Why is he doing this to me? He doesn't even talk to me properly maa.. He don't allow me to touch his things or do anything for him. What wrong I have done?" Naira cried hugging Swarna.

"He doesn't like me maa.. I know." said Naira breaking the hug.

"Nothing like this Naira! Please don't misunderstand" said Swarna.

"No maa. One month passed but we.. We haven't shared time with each other. He doesn't even talk to me. We live like strangers. What should I do maa?" Naira cried.

"First stop crying beta.. And there's nothing like this" Swarna said wiping her tears.

"Maa, tell me. Did you or papa forced Kartik to marry me?" asked Naira.

"No beta. Obviously not. No one has forced Kartik for this marriage. Please beta don't think like this" said Swarna.

"Then why does he behave like this maa? I am not a part of his life. I am nothing for him. He comes late at home, he doesn't like me doing anything for him, he doesn't give me time, He treats me like I am no one in his life. I am nothing to him. I don't exist for him. What should i do now?" Naira cried.

"Give him sometime Naira. Show your affection to him. Dekhna, he will definitely change" said Swarna.

"Kartik is a tough person. It's very hard to understand him. He doesn't emote his feelings. He doesn't like talking to people much, doesn't socialise much.. He is an introvert kind of person. But he is not bad at heart. Just give him sometime Naira. Everything will be fine soon beta.." Swarna said and kissed her forhead.

Naira was bit relieved.

Later Swarna took her to the doctor. Doctor said the crack is minor and will be fine soon. He also advised her a complete bed rest for at least 10 days.

Swarna helped Naira till her room. Naira had lunch followed by her medicines and fall asleep in sometime.

Swarna told everything to Manish.

"I want you home in next 1 hour.." Manish texted Kartik.

"What happened Dad?" replied Kartik.

"I want you home that's it. You will come to know once you are home!" said Manish.

"Okay dad." Kartik replied and left for home.

"What happened Dad?" Kartik asked as soon as he came to the house.

"I will come straight to the point. What's the problem Kartik?" asked Manish.

"Problem?" exclaimed Kartik.

"Yes. Between you and Naira..." said Manish.

"Nothing." replied Kartik.

"You think we can't see anything? We don't know what's happening between you two?" asked Manish angrily.

"Hold on. Are you guys expecting me to behave like typical husband then I am sorry I won't be able to do it. See dad, I have already made muself clear to you that day.. and doing the same today! I want to live my life freely, the way I used to live before. And coming to your question, no. I don't have any problem or issues with Naira. I don't interfere in her life and I expect the same from her. I can't leave all my work and start behaving like a husband. We both have our own life to live and I want to live my life peacefully." said Kartik.

"For God's sake you are married Kartik! It's not your individual life anymore! Its Your life! 'Your's and Naira's life'! Don't forget Kartik that girl, her life is entangled with your life! She is your wedded wife and yoy both share this life! You have some responsibilities towards her. She needs you. She needs your time Kartik! A wife expects this much from her husband and nothing is wrong in it." said Manish.

"I didn't ask her to keep expectations from me dad. And if she does then it's her fault. I don't expect anything from her then why does she keeps hope from me. It's her fault!" said Kartik.

"See dad, Naira is a very nice girl. I don't want her to be heart broken because of me" said Kartik again.

"You are already doing it Kartik!" said Manish.

"See dad.. I have made myself very clear. Rest is up to you and her to understand." said Kartik.

"You are doing wrong Kartik!" said Manish but Kartik left for office again not replying.

Naira overheard their conversation. Her heart broken into pieces.

*******

Later that night,
Kartik came home a bit early. Naira already had her dinner and was in their room waiting for him. She was laying on the bed and he stepped inside the room. Thay shared a look at each other.

Kartik changed and joined her on bed. He laid down next to her. There was utther silence prevailing between them. Kartik checked his phone for sometime and then turned his face to other side and fall asleep.

Naira was hurt again. She looked at his back. He didn't even care to ask about her health. What did doctor say? How is she?
Wiping those tears from her eyes, she closed her eyes to gain some sleep.

Next morning,

Naira was sleeping due to heavy dose of medicines. It was sunday so there was no rush for Kartik. He was sleeping too.

In sometime, he woke up from sleep feeling something on his face. He opened his eyes and found Naira's hair on his face. He looked at his position. He has moved towards her in sleep. Kartik moved aside her hair from his face. He got up immediately and freshen up.

Some more hours passed, but Naira was still sleeping. Kartik found it weird so he decided to inform Swarna about it. Swarna came in no time and checked her.

"Oh my God she has high fever. Manish ji call doctor immediately!" said Swarna.

Doctor came and checked Naira.

"What happened to her?" asked Dadi.

"She is having fever since last night. How come no one knows about it? She fell unconscious because of it. Though I have injected an injection, she will get consciousness soon." said the doctor.

After sometime,
"She was having fever since last night Kittu! And you don't know about this?" Dadi scolded Kartik.

"Dadi I am not her caretaker to know it. I really didn't know!" Kartik said in his defence.

"Do you even know what are you saying?" Manish shouted on him.

"Dad please stop blaming me. We both were in sleep how would I know?" said Kartik.

"She is your wife Kartik. Can't you take care of her?" asked Dadi.

"Forget that maa. Don't you have a little bit of humanity Kartik? I am ashamed of myself today. That girl was laying unconscious, had high fever and you don'thave little bit of courtesy in you!" said Manish.

"Enough Dad. I am not her guardian to look after her. And I really didn't know that she has fever. How are you blaming me in all this!?" said Kartik.

"You know Kartik.. You are impossible!" said Manish.

Kartik left home in anger.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Do give your reviews!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 559 25
What if he left her ?
14.7K 529 15
Peep in to know 😉😉
17.7K 1.6K 28
This is a beautiful arrange marriage story.
49.3K 2.1K 25
This is a story based on Kaira. The story starts from the scene in the temple on Karva Chauth, when Naira realises she loves Kartik too.