[LISAxIU] I'm In Charge

skyaeacus

"What the fuck Manoban! Look!", Seulgi shouted eyes bulging out in shock while looking at her wristwatch. "We... Еще

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Unfriendly
Chapter 3: Sunbaenim
Chapter 4: Assignment
Chapter 5: The Hotel
Chapter 7: Dear Name
Chapter 8: Eomoni
Chapter 9: Photograph
Chapter 10: Thief
Chapter 11: Khight
Chapter 12: Arcade
Chapter 13: Professional
Chapter 14: Phone
Chapter 15: Back up
Chapter 16: Starting
Chapter 17: Different
Chapter 18: Gyeongsang
Chapter 19: Crazy
Chapter 20: Persistent
Chapter 21: Unable
Chapter 22: Closer
Chapter 23: Diary
Chapter 24: Toys
Chapter 25: Champagne
Chapter 26: Alone
Chapter 27: Insane [M]
Chapter 28: Closet
Chapter 29: Visitor
Chapter 30: Witness
Chapter 31: Zombie
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Cabinet
Chapter 34: Insatiable [M]
Chapter 35: Hear
Chapter 36: Classified
Chapter 37: Inseparable[M]
Chapter 38: Rooftop
Chapter 39: Chase
Chapter 40: Tired
Chapter 41: Moon
Chapter 42: Cupcakes
Chapter 43: Night [M]
Chapter 44: Advice
Chapter 45: Invitation
Chapter 46: Gangster
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: Disgust
Chapter 49: Mistake

Chapter 6: Poison

3.4K 235 73
skyaeacus

"Jang Kiha", the man uttered as he reached Lisa's hand for a handshake.

"Oh, well then nice meeting you Mr. Jang Kiha.", Lisa said with a bright smile.

"Your name seems familiar. Have we met before?", the man asked as his eyes scrutinized the girl's face in front of him. Trying to remember the latter's facial features.

But Lisa's smile disappeared from the question she quickly pulled back her hand. And flashes an awkward smile instead. "Probably not, this is my first time visiting your hotel.", Lisa replied with a slight shook of her head.

"How did you know this is his hotel?", the small girl beside Lisa asked that caught both Mr. Jang and Lisa's attention.

"Yeah, how did you know then?", the man joins with furrowed brows.

"Huh? Ow, I just thought the way he occupies such a large space like this on the top floor of the hotel means he's either a hotel manager or the owner. But I would like to think that this is yours, because why not?" Lisa paused and chuckled awkwardly watching the expressions from the two people around her.

"Owning such an expensive and well-established architecture is something you should be proud of, and meeting people personally and showing them who owns such a masterpiece is something I would do if I'm the owner myself.", Lisa added as she shrugs.

After she stopped talking, a brief moment of silence filled the place. The tall girl swallowed greedily, turning her gaze back and forth on the man and onto the girl beside her.

Until Mr. Jang laughed. And patted her shoulder looking very satisfied with her answer.

"I'm impressed. You actually have a point. By the way are you a cop as well?", The man asked. And Lisa quickly nod her head, confirming the latter's question.

"Oh, that's surprising, if you didn't tell me you're a cop I would actually think you came from a family of business tycoons. Because the clothes you're wearing definitely worth millions of won.", Mr. Jang replied as he smirked.

Jieun doesn't seem to mind what the tall girl is wearing especially when it comes to brands. But now that the man mentioned it, her eyes roamed at the tall girl's attire. From her shoes to her pants, the watch on her wrist to her blouse, to her coat. Until her eyes landed at the prominent lump on the girl's long neck as she swallowed hard.

She thought the tall girl was getting anxious trying to hide her status by how she tensed up whenever she hears a comment that could link into who she really is.

"You want me to show you who am I, but it looks like you're the one hiding something.", Jieun mumbled on her thoughts. She smirked, seeing how ironic that sounds, but she still has some empathy left in her so she opened her mouth to save the latter from exposing herself although it's already obvious with the way she dresses.

But before she even speaks.

"Wow, now I get why the interior of this hotel is top-notch. You're very keen even on the smallest details Mr. Jang. I guess I was too obvious hahaha, I was trying to be mysterious as I can, they say it attracts girls. But it looks like I'm not really good at hiding my secrets. Hahaha." Lisa laughed scratching her nape.

Mr. Jang's face contorted, surprised that the girl she's talking to is into girls despite looking so feminine, and a hot catch to any guy.

While Jieun's eyes widened in shock. Abruptly looking at the girl with narrowed eyes and creased eyebrows. At first, she doesn't believe the gossips coming from the other officers, especially the one coming from Jin-goo thinking the guy is just teasing her.

But the tall girl just admitted it herself. Jieun gulped.

"This girl who bumped you seems gotten infatuated with you."

Jieun remembered what Jin-goo said this morning.

"You're incredibly unpredictable officer Manoban. I think I would very much enjoy your company, let's go have a drink sometime." Mr. Jang said as he patted Lisa's shoulder again, beaming at the latter. "But let's get to the main point. What brings you two here this sudden?", The man now turned his gaze to the girl who's drawn into her own thoughts.

Lisa noticed the girl beside her isn't responding so she nudges the girl on the side with her elbow. Jieun jerk snapping out of her trance. While Mr. Jang's brow raised as he waited for the girl to answer.

"The room, I need to see the room again.", the small girl said with haste.

Mr. Jang's face drastically change as he listened. His smile was gone and it didn't leave unnoticed by the tall girl.

"Of course you may. Like I said before I want this investigation to be done as soon as possible, so I will cooperate. Wait, let me just tell my porters to assist both of you there. Excuse me for a second.", The owner said picking his phone from his pocket and started talking to someone while leaving the two girls on their spot.

"What are you telling him?", Jieun asked Lisa as soon as Mr. Jang left.

The tall girl's eyes narrowed as her head tilt looking confused.

"I thought you're hiding your status?", Jieun asked that surprises the latter.

Lisa grinned. "Are you perhaps getting worried about my privacy?", the girl asked looking cocky.

"That's the last thing I would do."Jieun scoffed. Eyeing the tall girl with disgust.

"I was reckless he already found out so what's the point? Though you're right I'm trying to hide my status. It's just that I don't want people to judge me for choosing this job. And-", Lisa paused looking at Jieun from the side. The girl lifted her head up wondering why Lisa stopped. Their eyes met and for some reason, she instinctively cut their gaze, as she turned her head on the other side soon enough.

"Let's save my life story for some other time. I might think you're being interested to know something about me if you keep listening to me like what you're doing right now.", Lisa said still watching the girl intently.

Jieun sneered. "Don't worry, I'm not interested even the tiniest bit. So don't be delusional."

"Sure. If you say so.", Lisa retorted. Crossing her arms, and pouting.

------

Lisa Pov

It's not even a minute passed, but she already broke my heart there. I thought she's concerned for a bit. This girl really is something.

I wonder if there's a reason behind this grumpy image of her. Or will I ever have a chance to find out? I shrug as I take off my gaze on her.

Now looking at the owner as he came back.

"Sorry to keep you both waiting.", The guy said, as he brushes his chin looking agitated. Then right then the door opens and a porter arrived, the porter looks like he's about my age.

He greeted us politely and flashes a weak smile.

"Lead them to the room.", His boss instructed. He nods and turns his attention to us.

"Please follow me.", He asked and walk to the door waiting for us.

"Go on, feel free to ask me when you need something, Ms. Lee. And I hope one of these days you'll accept my invitation in return.", the guy said smiling at sunbaenim, why do I feel like there's a malice over that smile.

"I'll think about it. We'll go now.", Sunbaenim replied to him with a straight face. I smirked as we turned our back on him. I've been using that line whenever someone is asking me and I don't really wanna go but I also don't wanna be rude at them, I dunno bout him, but if I were him, I would take that answer as a 'No'. Poor guy.

"Wow sunbaenim, you have a whole ass hotel owner hitting on you. Do you know that?", I whispered on her ears. As we walk out of the room.

But she didn't even bat an eye on me. Her footsteps gotten fast, that I have to run after her on the corridor.

"Do you have an idea that he's hitting on you?", I mumbled beside her ears when I manage to catch her pace.

"Well, if you don't know. Then let me tell you, Mr. Jang is interested in you. I think he likes you.", I added and chuckled. But her pace keeps on getting quicker every time I catch on her.

So I had to quicken my pace as well so I can talk to her.

"Sunbaenim, earlier is he talking about asking you on a date?", I asked.

But she suddenly stopped and to my shock, she looks up and met my eyes with glares then she walk towards and I had to pull back trying to keep our distance until I felt the wall hit my back.

I gulped, and tilt my head backward when her face came closer.

"Do you like me?", Sunbaenim asked that had my eyes grew wide with shock.

"W-what!? N-no! No?", I exclaimed and stuttered shamefully.

"Ma'am? We're here.", The porter announced. Drawing both our attention. Her head turns to the side as she steps away from me. Giving me a chance to breathe.

I was lost for a moment, I didn't expect such a question. But then I remember my earlier confession, about my preference. And then the gossips running around our station. Could it be because of that?

My eyes widened.

"Fuck.", I mumbled and quickly covered my mouth. Right then her gaze abruptly returned to me which made my heart jump in surprised.

"Did you say something?", she asked with furrowed brows. And I immediately shook my head.

"I asked because I heard what happened yesterday. Someone told me about your conversation with the chief inspector, and-"

"Chief just misinterpreted it. No, I'm not. And I swear I won't.", I cut her off, shaking my hands in defense. Then her brows creased. Fuming at me that made me swallowed hard.

"That's good. Because I wouldn't either. And I mean it! Aish.. You're annoying. Stop asking me question about him we didn't come here for a blind date or anything like that!", She yelled and huffed. Before leaving me here still gawking.

"W-what happened? That's so sudden, how can she just casually asked that to me out of nowhere.", I murmured holding my chest and breathing heavily, watching her back as she walks. Jisoos, I almost had a heart attack there.

-------

Inside the room.

The porter stood at the door as he let the two girls in. His hands gripped at the door handle as he closed it. And goes watching the two officers proceed to their job.

"So what are we looking for?", Lisa asked crossing her arms and wandering her gaze around the room. While Jieun walk straight inside the bedroom.

Lisa thought the place is so neat for a crime scene. Her eyes narrowed, and lips pursed looking suspicious of the place.

"Do you know what happened here? You see the girl I am with is quite aloof and not letting me know a single detail about our visits here.", Lisa muttered as she turn her head to the porter standing at the doorway.

The guy flinched. "I-I heard, someone was poisoned. And died h-here.", he said as he fumbled on his words.

Lisa hummed. "So that explains why the place doesn't look messy at all if this is a crime scene.", she said nodding while holding her chin.

"Do you know who was poisoned here?", Lisa added. Walking towards the guy.

"I-I'm sorry. I do not know.", the guy replied but his eyes remained looking at the ground.

"I just want to know if the person who got poisoned is a guest or someone working here.", Lisa cleared out. And stops in front of the guy, who turned stiff all of a sudden.

"Ow, I heard she's a guest.", The porter answered short while his hands went to his side looking a bit tense. Lisa's eyes narrowed into slits as she got more curious about the case. And even more about the reaction coming from the porter himself. She opened her mouth to ask more questions when.

"Officer Manoban!", Jieun from the bedroom called her diverting her attention.

Lisa pursed her lips, looking behind her. But before she complied with her senior, she decided to thank the guy for his answers. "Thank you for your cooperation. Mr?", Lisa paused waiting for the man to give his name.

"Junhoe", the guy muttered. Finally looking at the officer n front of him.

"Ok then, Mr. Junhoe, are you going to wait here?", Lisa asked.

"Officer!" Another call cut her off again. This time Lisa didn't wait for the porter to answer. As she quickly jolted towards the bedroom.

-------

At the bedroom.

As soon as Lisa stepped inside. Jieun closed the door hastily and locking both of them inside alone.

"Give me your gun.", Jieun commanded. And Lisa's face wriggled, her head tilt in dazed.

But the small girl's patient was low. And she seems in a rush, she lunges towards the confused girl and cuffed Lisa's waist without warning. Making Lisa breath hitched from the contact.

"Wait. Wait. You might cup something else there.", Lisa warned but still, she lifted her arm for the latter to get what she wants.

"Stop talking nonsense officer.", Jieun mumbled looking irritated. But she continues to search for the weapon. And when she found where the gun is, she opened Lisa's coat and pulled it from the girl's belt.

"Didn't you even bring yours? What are you thinking? You've already got into trouble because you don't have it with yours and recklessly followed a robber now you're doing the same thing?", Lisa hissed, as she watches her senior equipping her gun.

"I left it in your car.", Jieun answered short. Removing her coat and fixing the gun on her belt.

"Why didn't you brought it here? So you wouldn't take someone else's gun. You know what? I don't get it why everyone's saying you're the best cop we have when you even forgot to bring your own damn gun with yours.", Lisa sneered. Shaking her head in amusement.

"Because I am. A newbie like would never understand. I also don't even know why I even agreed with this setup? So don't be too full of yourself, you're not the only one asking herself here.", Jieun retorted as she rolled her eyes on the girl. As she headed to the doorway.

"A newbie like me would never understand if a senior like you wouldn't let me understand.", Lisa muttered as she blocked the girl's way.

"Can't you do it yourself? I did it myself back then. I self-trained myself. I didn't rely on anyone to help me understand everything I want to know.", Jieun mumbled staring back at the tall girl who's jaw clenched and hands balling at the sides looking out of patience.

"At least tell me what's happening here. What kind of case are we working on? at least give me some clue.", Lisa uttered, her voice turned deeply serious.

Jieun smirked.

"Tell me first what have you observed? From the owner to the porter?", Jieun asked as her eyes narrowed.

The tall girl flinched. Her mind drifted to the events. The conversation and small reactions coming from the owner and his porter.

"The first one obviously hate to see us here. And the second one looks kinda odd? Junhoe seems like having unorganized thoughts with the way he answers me.", Lisa paused.

Their eyes locked. And Lisa's eyes widened as she thought of something.

"Could it possibly? One of them?", Lisa asked in a whisper.

"I don't know about the details, but they definitely show some unusual behavior for someone that have nothing to do with all these.", Lisa added with a shrug.

"It's been my 10th time going here, about a month ago. We have so little evidence to back up our conclusions. The guest who died also do not have anything to do with any of the employees here.", Jieun paused. As she sighed backing away from the tall girl.

"She was poisoned. It would be easier to find the culprit if that poison came from a food or beverage offered by the hotel. But no, the girl was poisoned through her personal stuff. The poison came from the lipstick she used. The lipstick was imbued with poison. Where did she get it? How come she only used it here at this place? unless it came from this place." Jieun muttered crossing her arms. While Lisa stood still at her spot, still listening.

"Someone gave it to her. But it's so hard to track her engagements because the transaction could either be outside or inside this establishment, I've look through the CCTVs provided by this hotel but I couldn't find anything.", the small girl added, looking into Lisa's eyes again.

"And what have you got from your 10th visit? I doubt that you have no plan when you came back here. Tell me you have.", Lisa asked worriedly.

Jieun snickered. Walking to Lisa's direction facing the tall girl again.

"You seem worried?", the small girl asked.

"I am. Because you could be pissing off whoever this culprit-", Lisa paused as she realized what she said.

Jieun smiled.

"Don't tell me you've been trying to-", Lisa was cut off by the small girl's hand on her mouth shushing her.

"You've already got it. So please be quiet. I'm going outside and you're gonna act like you don't know anything or else I will lose my chance to pissed him off.", Jieun whispered on the girl's ears. Lisa gulped, feeling every prick of her hair stand as she shivered.

She removes Jieun's hand from her mouth. As she furrowed her brows on the girl. "You're absolutely insane." Lisa murmured.

"I know.", The girl beamed. And patting the tall girl's shoulder.

"Now please move.", She ordered while pushing Lisa's body to the side.

Jieun then head out first while Lisa followed her from behind.

As soon as they got out, the porter's body tensed.

"Aigoo..I knew it, the culprit is working here!", Jieun announced intentionally letting the porter hear what she said.

While Lisa's jaw clenched, settling herself in vigilance.

"I just need to find that lipstick she used. It could still be somewhere here, go and look for it what are you standing there? Move?", Jieun exclaimed. Eyeing the tall girl with warning, mouthing her to act naturally. While Lisa's eyes rolled, still doubting the girl's plan of baiting the culprit, she couldn't help but seldom glance at the porter behind Jieun for any signs of threat.

"Oke, oke! You don't need to be this demanding!?", Lisa answered and started roaming her eyes all over the places and corners of the room.

And they were oblivious of the gaze following their every action from afar.

Until Jieun came close to his spot. While still acting like she's searching for something. Unaware of the porter's intention.

Junhoe's eyes landed on the small girl a meter away from him, the girl bent busily searching the floor underneath the sofas. When she felt something was pulled out from her belt.

She yelps in shock. That caught Lisa's attention. The girl cocked her head up as quick as possible searching worriedly. And her eyes almost bulge out in terror.

The porter is already aiming a gun to her senior's face.

"Sunbaenim!", She yelled. And was going to run to the girl but the gun abruptly changes its direction towards her instead.

"Stop!, stay there! I've been keeping my patience for almost a month now.", Junhoe snarled. Eyes fuming in madness.

Lisa's teeth gritted.

Her heart hammering inside her frantically, she was in panic. Especially when Junhoe aimed the gun back to Jieun.

"You! I've sent so many warnings to you. Telling you to stop looking for me! Or you'll die, but you aren't listening!", The porter shouted gripping the gun with both his hands.

"I'm fucking done! This is for you to learn your damn fucking lesson!", Junhoe growled as he pulled the trigger. Lisa's eyes widened and without thinking, she runs towards the girl as fast as she could.

Reaching Jieun with her long arms and pulling the girl towards her as she uses her own body as a shield by hugging the latter tight.

Before the sound of metal clashing against another metal when the gun was fired echoed throughout the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm glad I don't see any jenlisa shipper here being against this new ship. Hope it stays like that on the upcoming chapters because you know I also like angst. Hahahhaha.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

89.8K 556 171
In her previous life, Jennie was conspired by her family. Her baby was born through Caesarean birth, she had her eyes gouged out, and died tragically...
213K 1.1K 200
In her previous life, Jennie was conspired by her family. Her baby was born through Caesarean birth, she had her eyes gouged out, and died tragically...
39.9K 868 41
A boy save a little girl who is about 6 or 7 years old, because its suddenly cross the road without looking if there is some track crossing the road...
1.5K 71 14
One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, f-" "Why do you always stop at four?" "I...