I Want To Be A Real Boy (Frer...

By haleyukulele

Gerard is a little boy who gets bullied at his school, and doesn't have any friends, even though he tried to... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

281 13 28
By haleyukulele

I ran up the steps to my front door, eager to get inside where it was warm. I placed my hand on the door knob and pushed the door open, stepping in, the temperature eminently changed from freezing to nice and warm. 

"Uh, I'm home." I said, hearing shuffling in the kitchen. I hung my coat up and wiped my nose, which was red and runny from me being outside, it was really cold. I brushed some of my black hair out of my left eye, with my right hand. "Hello? Uncle Brendan?"  

I heard rustling in the workshop area and sighed. Uncle Brendan is always working on something in his workshop, he never pays attention to me. He's not my actual uncle, we're actually not even related. He just took me in. He gives me food and a roof over my head, so I can't complain too much. 

I pattered up the wooden stairs and rounded the corner into the hallway. I walked up another staircase and came to my bedroom door, my favorite place in the house. I opened the door, went inside, and shut it behind me. My bedroom was technically the attic, but I liked it. It wasn't an old dusty one, because I kept it fairly clean. 

The walls and floor were the same light oak color. The ceiling was lower in in the corners and there was one window. There was a desk, a little table, a trunk, a nightstand and bed, of course, various boxes, and lots of art things. I loved to draw, it got messy sometimes, with paint and paper, clothes too, but it wasn't super bad. 

I felt something rub against my ankle. I looked down and a smile spread across my face. "Hey, Mikey." I said, bending down to pet my kitty. He purred as I pet him. I looked over to my left, on a little table, was a glass bowl with my goldfish inside. "Hi, Ray." I said. 

I stood up, pulling up my white sock that went a few inches below my knee, and dusted off my black shorts. It was my school uniform. They gave me the option to wear dress pants and a dress shirt with a tie, or long socks, shorts, and a tee shirt. I went to a catholic school, but for some reason, the people there were still mean to me. You would think that it would be a bit different, but it's really not that much different, in terms of bullies and all. 

I sat at my desk and grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil. There were papers taped to my wall around my desk, and comic books stacked there as well. I pushed them out of the way, and started drawing. 

I looked over, sitting on a box, was one of my favorite things. Uncle Brendan gave me a puppet a couple years ago, and I named it Frank, or Frankie, either was is fine. It had black hair and really pretty hazel eyes. When uncle gave him to me, he was wearing some weird puppet clothes, but I took those off of him and put some others on instead. He was almost as tall as me. 

I gave him little jeans that were ripped at the knee, and a shirt that had Micky Mouse on it. He had this cute little smile on his lips. 

I drew for a long time, then ate some food, and kept drawing, and reading some comic books. I've read them all a bunch of times, but they're still fun to read. 

I looked up at the clock, and decided that it was time for bed. I stretched and yawned as I rummaged through my dresser for my nightclothes. I threw my blue and white striped ones on, and went across the hallway to the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth. Once they were nice and clean, I went back to my room shutting the door behind me, right after yelling 'goodnight, Uncle Brendan.' 

I turned off the light, Mikey climbed up onto desk and curled up in a ball to sleep. I grabbed Frank and climbed into bed. The light of the moon lit up my room with a blue-white glow. I held Frankie in my arms. 

"Goodnight, Frankie." I yawned. "My eighth birthday is tomorrow." 

********* 

I heard a slam downstairs and my eyes quickly opened. It was a school day so I had to get up now, too. I sat up and stretched. "Good morning, Frankie!" I said with a smile. "It's my birthday!" 

I made my bed, and set Frank down on a box, trying to make sure that he was 'comfortable' I dropped some fish-food in Ray's tank, and didn't worry about Mikey, Uncle would give him food, as long as I left the door open so Mikey could remind him. 

I looked in the corner, seeing that I forgot to wash my clothes, so I decided to wear the other option. I grabbed some black pants, and shiny black dress shoes. I also grabbed a black dress shirt and a red tie. I looked in the mirror and straightened my jacket and ruffled up my hair. 

I scurried off to the bathroom to pee, and to brush my teeth. Once I was finished, I swung my bag over my shoulder and yelled that I was leaving for school, before stepping out into the cold. I walked down the sidewalk, looking at my breath, yes, it was so cold that I could see it. 

Sitting at the bus stop, I waited for my bus. I kicked my feet back and forth, they couldn't reach the ground when I sat on the bench. "It's my birthday, it's my birthday." I sang. 

With a hissing sound, the bus pulled up and came to a stop. The door opened up and I climbed in. I looked over at kids, who were looking at me weird. Some moved their books in the way so I couldn't sit next to them, others, looked the other way, or tried to make it look like they were saving the seat for someone else. I knew they really weren't, my house was the last stop for the morning for this bus. 

I sat in the back, in the seats that you'd fine gum all over, and things written in sharpie, I didn't care too much though. There was a boy sitting in front of me, looking around as we drove off. I leaned forward and rested my hands on the back of his seat. I looked over it, I had the lower half of my face out of sight. He could only see from the top of my cheek bones, up. 

"Hey, boy." I said. He turned around and looked at me. "Today's my birthday." 

"Yeah yeah, whatever." He said before turning back around. My little smile dropped and I leaned back. my gaze lowered to my lap for the rest of the ride. 

We finally came up to the school, I grabbed my backpack and got off of the bus, and walked passed all the kids, talking to their friends. I went inside, feeling bad that I didn't have any, and stuffed my things in my little locker. 

"I'm a little sad now." I muttered. I brushed those thoughts off, and my face turned all red as noticed who was standing next to me, putting something in her locker. She was a few lockers down, but still, she was technical next to me. 

She brushed some of her pretty blonde hair out of her eyes and shut her locker. "Hi." I boldly said. She looked at me and simply said 'hi'. 

I blushed even more. "Hi, um, you're name is Kat, right?" I asked, playing with the sleeves of my jacket. 

"Yeah." She replied. 

"Uh, my..... My name is Gerard." I extended my arm saying, I was shaking a little. She looked at my hand and back up to me. She finally shook my hand, but as if I'd give her some kind of sickness. She then just walked off. 

"So uh, yeah, I will be seeing you around, r-right?" I said. 

She didn't reply. My shoulders dropped and I banged my head against the locker. "Stupid Gerard!" I muttered. "Stupid!" I stopped hitting my head and held it instead. I sighed. "Maybe she is just acting like she doesn't care."   

I rushed to class. 

*After a few classes*  

"Lunch time!" I muttered, walking into the cafeteria, it was so big! I didn't bring lunch, so I had to eat the gross stuff here. I got in line, and the lunch lady plopped stuff on my plate. "Hey." I said ti her. "It's my birthday." 

"Uh huh." She replied, not seeming to care. 

I went to find a table. "Hey, Gerard." I heard someone say. I looked around to see who it was. "Going to a funeral?" 

I tilted my head at his question. "Why would I be going to a funeral?" I asked. "Oh, are you asking me to come to one that you're going to? If so, I'm so sorry for your loss." 

They started laughing, making me even more confused. I looked down at myself. I was wearing a lot of black, that's what they meant. My expression turned into a frown and my bottom lip began to wobble as tears flooded my eyes, making my vision blurry. 

I took my plate and sat in the corner table. I pushed it away and rested my chin on the table. "Now I'm very sad." I said to myself as tears spilled out of my eyes and my lip continued to wobble. "Very very sad." 

*******  

I ran through my front door, upset about my rough day, slamming the door behind me. Uncle said 'happy birthday' as I walked by. But I was very sad, so I didn't pay much attention, after I round the corner, I pocked my head out and replied with a simple 'thank you', before going to my room. 

I shut my door and plopped on my bed. I let myself cry now that I was alone. I didn't want anyone to know that I cry sometimes. 

I wiped my eyes and looked over at Frankie, I didn't care if I cried in front of him, I knew he was just a toy. I grabbed him and went back over to my bed and sat him on my lap. A tear rolled off of my cheek and feel onto him. "I wish you were a really boy, Frankie." I said as tears poured out of my eyes, which were now, red and puffy, from crying. "I really do." I tightly hugged him. 

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, I suppose I fell asleep, since it was dark outside now. I grabbed the crackers that I had in my nightstand drawer and ate them. Uncle was asleep already, because all the light were off, even in the workshop. 

I sighed and took my mostly black clothes off, leaving me in my boxers only, I went over my my dresser and grabbed a tanktop. I pulled up my boxers and looked in the mirror, ruffling up my hair. "I'm just a stupid emo." I muttered. 

I went and sat on my bed. I looked out the window, and saw that the sky had stars in it. They were very pretty. There was one, though, that was brighter, and even more beautiful than the others. I looked down at Frankie, and back up at it. 

"Wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." I said. "I want Frankie to be a real boy." 

I looked back at him, and then decided to go to sleep. I tucked us in, and then shut my eyes, and went to sleep, or kind of, I was half awake. 

A light shimmered, and got closer and closer to my window. The window opened itself, it seemed, and something, or rather, someone came in. It was a woman, she had pretty black hair, and a sleeve of tattoos on her am. She was wearing a red shirt and long socks with a skirt. She pointed something in my direction, and said something like 'little puppet, make of pine, wake, the gift of life is thine'. 

But like I said, I was half awake, I thought it was just a dream. 

I felt moving, like something shifting next to me. "Uh, excuse me." A voice said. I shot up in bed. I rubbed my eyes, and looked down at Frankie, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. 

"Ah!" I yelled. "Frankie?!"  

_______________________  

Thanks for reading and be sure to vote and comment! This is my first Frerard story,  I hope you like it! Thanks for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1.1M 38K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
189K 19K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...