A Hero's Story: Prequal (Neji...

Av xshadowmonx

[Red Zone Universe] In a world where Quirks define who you are, and some look up to those who can do more tha... Mer

Before We Begin...
Minor Update!
Chapter 1: New friends, New Possibilities!
Chapter 2.1 : Careless Actions Yield Painful Results
Chapter 2.2: Making Memories
Chapter 3: A Destined Battle
Chapter 4: A Hard Fought Battle
Chapter 5: Origins
Chapter 6: From Past To Present
Chapter 7: Master vs Student
Chapter 8: U.A Sports Festival Is Here!
Chapter 9: Heads Up!
Chapter 10: Flag Team Battles!
Chapter 11: Give It Everything You Got!
Chapter 12: Declaration of War!
Chapter 13: Mirio vs Akihotto!
Chapter 14: Tamaki vs Senji!
Chapter 14.5: Tamaki Vs Senji (Conclusion)
Chapter 15: Clash Of Ideology!
Chapter 17: Crossroads!
Chapter 18: Hunt The Truth!
Chapter 19: Duel of Fates!
Chapter 20: Destructive Weaknesses!
Chapter 21: A Glimmer of Hope!
Chapter 22: Difficult Decisions.
Chapter 23: Overcoming Disadvatages
Chapter 24: Unsettling Tides
Chapter 24.5: So Many Questions, So Little Answers.
Chapter 25: Night of the Hunters
Chapter 26: An Unexpecting Team-Up!
Chapter 27: Treasure The Moment
Chapter 28: Next Step in the Journey
Chapter 29: Rebuilding All Thats Been Lost
Chapter 30: Onward! To The Next Chapter Of Our Story!
Chapter 31: Epilogue

Chapter 16: Settei Kaitai - Origins

4.5K 128 46
Av xshadowmonx

Art by Mico
https://www.facebook.com/miconomicon/

____________________________
Previously on "A Hero's Story"...

"You ruined my life 9 years ago! When you took the one person most important to me in my life! The day that you killed my father!"

I was mortified... no way... this can't be real! The villain who attacked us that day. The same villain who was crushing my parents. The same villain who launched me into a wall. That same villain... was actually...
Settei's Father?!

________________________________

"I killed Settei's father that day... I can't believe I just- wait... wait a minute! No, I had a reason to! Snap out of it (Y/N)! You know exactly why it had to be done! His father was trying to kill you and your family! You're not the villain here... his father was the villain!" I thought to myself before finally snapping myself back to my senses.
"Settei! I'm not the villain here! Your father is the villain! He was trying to kill me and my family damn it!"
"Bullshit! My Father went hunting down that Villain, Absorption Man! He was a crook pretending to be a hero! He destroyed my father's business for his own personal gain!"

What the hell was he talking about? "My father would never do anything like that! I don't know who the hell told you those lies but I'm not going to allow anyone to talk down on my father like that!"
"Is that so?! Then why did he leave Japan to start a new life in the USA?! He abandoned my father and took the money from his company along with him! Yet, here you are with the audacity to tell me otherwise! You are nothing but a liar and a villain! I'll make you pay!"
"The only one who is going to pay is you, Settei! It's because of your father that he took my father away and damaged my mother to the point she is unable to use her quirk!"
That was it... that was the last straw that snapped the camels back. I was blinded by rage and for a moment... I didn't care. My blood was at his boiling point and I could feel my quirk glowing and flickering rapidly. It didn't feel like it was running out, but it felt as if it was moving rapidly as if it were being pushed by a heavy wind. I was ready to charge at him, giving it everything I got.

(Settei's POV)

You'll never understand what I had to go through, (Y/N). Ever since that day that I found out he was killed, everything was slowly changing. It was like an important foundation was just destroyed, causing the entire structure to collapse in on itself. I remember the day he left... the last smile he gave me...

June 19, 2007
Hosu City, Japan
1:26 PM (13:26 PM)

"Papa? Where are you going?" As I stood there in the living room looking at my father. He was holding a suitcase as he looked over at me and smiled.
"Oh, Settei! I have to go to some hero business outside of Japan. I'll be back soon I promise." My father came up to me and knelt down before rubbing his hand on my head.
"You are going to be the man of the house while I'm gone so take good care of your mother alright?

"You can do this Dad! You're the best hero ever! I'll take good care of Mama!" My father smiled before giving me a hug. "I want you to know that I'm proud of you Settei. You're learning how to manage your quirk so quickly and you are showing incredible improvements. I can't wait to see you become an amazing hero. Heck, you may be better than your old man. Now don't stop alright? You'll be an amazing hero with that quirk." As he let out a chuckle before giving us his goodbyes as he walked out the door. This wasn't anything new for my Father to do. He always goes out of town to travel and work for his business, and as well as hero duties. He goes by the hero name: "Gigamax!" His quirk allows him to enlarge his body to fight. Not in the traditional sense of like turning into a giant, but more like he could increase the size of his arms and legs to increase his strength to powerful levels! It was always amazing to see my dad on the news for saving people and helping out people here in Japan. It was just hard to realize... that this was the last time I would ever see him again...

July 13th, 2007
Esuha City, Japan
09:46 AM

"...Now with Yotoshi with the news."
"Thank you, sadly in the latest news, tragedy has struck... our beloved hero Kiozuki Kaitai, otherwise known as Gigamax, has gone out in search of a vigilante that was disguised as a Hero under his organization. Despite the fact, the company which is also an agency, "Heroic Supports" was fairly falling off on the market due to many issues happening within the company's staff. He made the daring choice to find the culprit overseas. U-unfortunately... it seems that... he wasn't able to succeed in his mission. As tragic as the news maybe... it was brave for a hero to risk what he has to do in order to protect and rid of the criminal activities. In the latest news, All Might and other pro heroes have managed to apprehend the suspects who have been causing bank heist around the town and-"
I was sitting at my TV with my Mother before she shut the it off completely. I was a bit confused about what they were trying to say about my father. What was so tragic about him failing his mission? I mean when he comes back home... I'll do my best to cheer him up again.
"Hey, Mama w-what happened? Is Dad ok?"
My mother remained silent and didn't say a word. I didn't know why she was acting like this at first, but sure enough... I'd get my answer to what had happened.

August 5th, 2007
Kiozuki Kaitai's Funeral
1:40pm (13:40 PM)

The Funeral for my Father had begun and it had only been clear to me why this was happening. I was devastated to realize that I wouldn't be seeing my Father again. My mother has been depressed since the news broke out about my Father and it clearly affected her for the rest of my life. Many heroes were gathered around here to honor the sacrifice that led him to where he is now. Unfortunately, the most they could do at first was give their condolences for what had happened to our family and just lend us some support for a while. My household was more quiet than usual, but my mother always tried to wear a smile on her face. She was incredibly strong to hold herself during the funeral and after. All I could think about was... "who was the one who murdered him?"

Later that day, when I was home with my mother, we got a knock on the door. It turned out to be one of my Uncles, Yoto Regikuga, he worked with my Father as his closet assistant in the company as he was in charge of the distribution of equipment to each shop.
"Shinoa... how are you holding up?"
"Just fine. Fortunately... we are doing just well. How are you, Yoto?"
"Doing well too. Thankfully we still have some good assistants who helped me with trying to keep the business up and running, but unfortunately, it's a lot harder to manage than I had anticipated. Listen Shinoa... I came here to talk to you about something important. Uh, Settei would you mind giving me and your mother some privacy to talk about some important things?"
I wasn't really sure what they wanted to talk about, but I nodded and walked to my room. Well, at least that's what I made them think as I remained hidden behind the wall of the hallway that led to my room. I really couldn't help myself to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Shinoa... we got word of who the Killer is."
"W-wait what? Yoto... why are you telling me this?"
"I know it seems odd, but I know you have many connections in and out of Japan. I'm not sure if you know of anyone by the last name, (L/N)?"
"No... I'm afraid not. Why would you ask?"
"That's because someone of the (L/N) family was who killed your husband. I'm unsure if it was Richard himself who was the one that killed him, but he was found dead as well. The only possibility could be either his wife or son but it is highly unlikely. If you can send someone to do reconnaissance out in the USA then maybe we can find out who it was."
The more they talked, the more I felt my anger rising. Surely enough, that name wouldn't stop ringing in my head.
"(L/N)... (L/N). Whoever you are... I'll have my revenge on you! For killing my Father!"

I spend years training to master my quirk, and I learned how to fight with my quirk. I trained as hard as I could so that I can train to be a hero... so that one day... when the time comes...

May 9th, 2016
U.A High School / Class 1A
15 minutes before Homeroom started

"Hey, Settei! Have you seen that video that was posted in the Line chat?!" Akihotto spoke out who was next to me during lunchtime. She was over joyous about that video but I haven't seen it at all.
"Oh no, I haven't had the chance to watch it because I was still finishing up our assignment. What's it about?"
"It's about two guys from our school going at it in a sparring match. It was pretty damn cool. Look check it out!" As she pulled her phone out and showed me a video online. It was recorded by a friend of hers that's in class 1D, who happened to be in school that day too.
The video was playing and it was an (H/C) haired guy fighting a blond-haired guy who was naked for some reason. The blonde was phasing through some of his attacks and the other one was taking punch after punch to the point that I even felt like he was just losing. That was until I saw him power up and get stronger and faster. It was pretty wild and it made me happy to know they were in this school. Quirks like that are truly amazing and something that could really make a difference in our society today. It wasn't long that I learned that he was in class 1B which was surprising, but it was the reason why they have the hero courses divided into two to fit all these kinds of quirk users.

... I would be ready to get my revenge on my Father's killer because I ended learning that...

"Settei... that young man in that video. That's the son of (L/N). From the information I learned, it's possible that he is the one that killed your Father."
"W-wait what!? No no... a-are you sure, Uncle Yoto?!"
"I'm afraid so... all we knew before was that he's an (L/N) who punched him hard enough to snap his neck... causing him to die instantly."
"N-no... No! You're wrong... please... tell me this is a joke. How is it possible that it was him and h-how is he here in Japan?! In UA HIGH?!"
"I'm afraid I don't know how... but all we know is that it is him. That day he was killed, the reports we managed to find matched the description in the reports, however, he mysteriously disappeared off the radar of the USA."

... learning that it was you!"

Present-day...

(Your POV)

"That's why... seeing you... I'm ready to get revenge on you. Here to expose you for what you have done... make you atone for your sins! GOD DAMN IT!" Suddenly Settei's staff turned into a spear as the rage in his eyes was pulsating intensely. He suddenly came charging at me as if he was ready to kill me. I didn't know what to do, but I have to avoid it. I have... to... avoid... it. "Wait... what's with this pink cloud?"

Suddenly I noticed that Settei had collapsed as he was rushing towards me. Before I knew it, I covered my mouth for a moment trying to look at who was causing it. It turns out it was Midnight who was using her quirk to knock out Settei. This was horrible... I wasn't expecting all this to happen. I never imagine all of this to happen. Not like this... why... why did all of this have to happen?! Why?! WHY?!

"Well, it looks like we will have to end the match now! This is an unimaginable way of ending the match, but we will have to cut it now. We are going to have to take a break, folks." Present Mic spoke to handle the situation of the battle. "
Honestly... I don't even know what to do anymore. This wasn't supposed to happen. How the hell did it all happen like this?"
I fell onto my knees and started tearing up as I suddenly felt some rain pouring down. I couldn't help but cry... I kept crying so much because of all of this.
"I can't... I just... I just want it all to end. I want to-"
I was interrupted as I felt arms wrap around me. As a soft broken voice spoke up.
"(Y/N), it's not your fault. Don't cry please... stay strong. Stay strong for me."
It was Nejire... she was comforting me in one of the worst times in my life. I was at my lowest points ever and all I needed was someone to hold me... and it was like a miracle for Nejire to come to comfort me.

Despite all that just happened... I somehow feel... safe. I don't know what I'm going to do now... now that everyone knows.
What I did to Settei's Father.

To be continued...

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

35K 753 14
There she was, sitting on a bench while the sun faded into the distance. Nejire Hado, top three student at U.A high, amazing at what ever she did and...
993 32 13
Tamaki Amajiki and Mirio Togata have been friends as long as they can remember.They went to UA high to become hero's and now there dreams have come t...
36.5K 1K 15
[COMPLETED] It has been nearly three years since you graduated from UA High. Now engaged and working as a successful Pro Hero, you couldn't have aske...
28.9K 317 19
Having a great childhood must be nice right? Well I guess it isn't for everyone. Welcome to Y/N's life it wasn't so easy growing up having your paren...