It's Harder Before It's Easier

By Blaise23

The Sequel to When Hate Turns To Love. Follow Niall and Kaylee's story deeper through all the drama and happi... More

It's Harder Before It's Easier
Chapter 1
Important!!! Please read
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Not an update
Chapter 9- In the end
Update
New Stories!

Chapter 2

12.1K 451 91
By Blaise23

So I'm back and my laptop is fixed! thanks sooo much for being so patient with me, you guys really are the best :)

"Daddy, are you coming back soon?" Benny asked as we sat in the lobby of the airport waiting for the others to arrive.

"Yes, I'll be back soon. I'll bring you a present from every cool place I go, I swear." Niall grinned pulling Benny onto his lap and hugging him tight. Benny looked so much like Niall, the same smile and blue eyes.

"Mama, I'm tired when is everyone else coming?" Nat yawned and rested his head on my belly. I looked down at my watch, 4am, everyone should be here soon. 

"So the nanny will start next monday and she'll be a live in so if you know, you go into labor she can take you and Riley already said she'd stay with the boys. I promise, I'll try to get to the hospital no matter where I am. Even if it means missing a show or two." Niall wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

I know he doesn't want to leave me and the kids but I can tell he's excited to be back on tour again. It's what he loves to do and I get that but I'll still miss him every second of every day. "I'll miss you so much." I sighed the four of us sat in a clump on one of the benches.

We sat there for a little longer until the rest of the boys got there and everyone started saying the dreaded goodbyes. "Bye boys, be good and help mommy out she's got a lot going on. I love you guys." He kissed both their heads as they gripped onto his legs.

"I love you too daddy." They whimpered in unison. "I wanted you to come to my first soccer game." Nat cried reaching up to Niall.

"Aw bud, don't cry. Mom is going to record every single one and send it to me, so make sure you score a lot of goals, okay?"

"Alright dad, bye." He wrapped his arms around Niall, his arms not giving in as Niall tried to pull him off.

"I really have to go bud, I'll talk to you soon." He handed Nat over to me as he collected his carry-on bags. "I'll call you when I land, I love you." 

"I love you too." I smiled, my lip quivering. He leaned in and kissed me before hurrying after the boys down the terminal. "C'mon boys let's go home." I picked Benny up and held onto Nats hand as we walked out of the airport. An overwhelming amount of fans that I wasn't expecting. 

I did my best to get past them and get the kids in the car, they were a little frazzled. "Mommy, when the babies come are they going to cry a lot?" Benny asked as we were on our way back to the house.

"Yeah, they are babies after all. You cried a lot."

"Ha ha, you were a cry baby." Nat teased, sticking his tongue out at Benny.

"You were just crying in there when daddy was leaving, cry baby." Benny retorted and Nat immediatly stopped with his teasing. 

"That's cause I'm going to miss him." Nat pouted crossing his arms.

"It's okay. It'll go by really fast and before you know it, he'll be home and all of us we'll be together." I smiled. 

"Yeah, we're going to have fun right mommy? And daddy said to take care of you!" Nat grinned, my little boy.

By the time we got back home and the boys were back to sleep it was about 5am and I was hoping they would sleep all day because I certainly was going to.

~~~

Riley P.O.V.

"Kayls?" I called out to the house, she should be up it''s like noon. There's was no movement in the living room and it was kind of creepy. This house was always crazy. Between Niall, the boy and Kaylee's neurotic tendencies of trying to keep everything not crazy.  "Helllooooo."

I walked into the kitchen and couldn't help but actually gasp. "What are you two doing?!" I whisper yelled as Benny and Nat froze in their spots. Benny was covered from head to toe in flour and Nat was stood up on the counter opened up bottles of seasonings everywhere.

"Well daddy said to take care of mommy and we wanted to make lunch for her. We don't know how to make sandwiches." Nat told me holding a can of beans in his hand.

"First of all, you don't need beans for a sandwich." I sighed walking over and lifting him off the counter. "Or flour!"

"We made a super mess." Benny pouted wiping at his eyes. "We just wanted to make mommy her favorite. Ham and cheese sandwich."

"Why the flour?" I asked, curious to hear the answer.

"Nat said we had to make the bread from scratch cause that's what mommy does." Benny told me and I rolled my eyes. Typical Kaylee making herself sound good. She kills me sometimes.

I walked over to the the cupboard and pulled out the bag of bread.

"She lied." Nat whispered looking over at Benny. They were too funny. "Can you please help us clean up, we don't want to get in trouble."

So like the good aunt I am I helped them clean up the massive mess they made. "So are you guys excited to have two little sisters?"

"Mhm, on little sister for me and one little sister for Benny." Nat told me as he sweeped up the cheerios that fell out of the container.

"Uh I don't think it works like that." I laughed opening the garbage can.

"How do you know? You don't have any kids Aunt Riley." Damn, did I just get burned by an 8 year old about my own family life?

"Yeah well, one day, it's a lot of work. I mean look at this mess you guys made." I looked down at Nat, runnng my hands through my hair. Was he right? "Just go bring this up to your mom." I handed the tray to Nat and the glass of iced tea to Benny and sent them on their way.

I fished into my purse and pulled out my phone sliding my finger across the lock screen. "Hey babe, this is a surprise."Harry's voice came through the phone crystal clear.

"Mhm yeah sorry to just call like this."

"No problem at all, I just got out of the shower. What's up?" He asked and I could hear the rustling of something in the background.

"Nothing I'm over Kaylee's now and I was just helping the kids make her lunch. Was the flight good?" I questioned chewing on my finger nails.

"Eh, it was okay. You sound anxious. What's wrong?" 

"I was just ya know talking with the boys and it made me realize, like I don't know. What are we doing? I know this probably isn't the best time for this cause you just left for tour and everything." I sighed sinking into the sofa.

"Riley, it's fine. I think we've both been procrastinating this conversation. I have a while before I need to be anywhere so it's okay."

"I want a family, Harry. You haven't even ever brought it up before." I looked around the living room at all their pictures on the wall and everything.

"Well, in all fairness you haven't either Riley." He shot back with a bite in his tone, but he was right. "I mean like you said we can't do anything about it right now. But, on my first break when we come back I think we should... work on it. I want a family too." 

"Alright, I love you. Talk to you later, alright?" I picked at my nails letting his words sink in.

"Love you too baby girl." The phone clicked and line went dead. I stood with my phone in my hand for a while until Kaylee came down the stairs with Nat and Benny at her side, laughing and giggling around their mother.

I wasn't jealous, I was happy for her. I just wished that could be me. "Hey Riley, the boys said you helped them make that." She smiled walking into the living room. I nodded and sat down on the couch next to her, watching the boys run into the play room. 

I watched as she sorted through all the small toy pieces on the coffee table looking for the remote. Maybe I was jealous of her, maybe a little envious. She had such a nice life. A husband and two boys, more on the way. 

I knew that her life was different from mine and I would get my family one day but I wanted it now. Seeing how happy she was made me almost... angry. Not in the bad way, the kind of way that I hate her. Just in a way that she beat me to it. I love her, she's my best friend but I was jealous, fuck. So jealous of her life. 

"You okay?" My eyes snapped up to meet hers and I nodded giving her a small smile. 

Be patient Riley. You'll get your family. You'll get it.

Alright so it's been a while but thankfully my laptops working and you guys have been so patient. Now in my time off i've plotted a lot of... plot twists and surprises. I want to let you chose which one comes first! Do you guys want a happy, sad or shocking plot twist first? comment and vote for the next chapter!!! Love you guys xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 12 27
A girl, with a name of Radio, has to go through alot of different changes in her life. And the European boy band, One Direction doesn't help her that...
6.2K 68 46
Just for directioners to come and read stories that they wish could happen to them.
908 60 23
Shit happens. Ashley learned that the hard way. Can Louis and Ashley be the cure for each other's misfortune. {completed}