Don't Let Go Of Me [ Jasper H...

By tuiboog

Mirabelle Swan is Bella Swan's younger twin sister - confident and straightforward, Mirabelle likes to take o... More

1 || Film and Records
2 || Stop and Stare
3 || Infiltrating the Perfect
4 || Friendly Renegades
5 || Heart Reconciliation
6 || Tethered to You
7 || Like Lovers Do
8 || Uncover to Stay Secret
9 || Next Step
10 || Human After All
11 || Silly Vampire
12 || Tease
13 || Spilt Beans
14 || Reservation Boy
15 || Hunting
17 || Awkard Meeting
18 || Telephone Therapy
19 || Damn Freaks
20 || Don't Touch
21 || All Mine
22 || Hunted
23 || How Curious
24 || Teenaging
Part II: New Moon
1 || Not the Same
2 || Birthday Paradise
3 || Figuring Things Out

16 || For Life

4.1K 147 17
By tuiboog

Will you hear me when I speak?
Do you feel the pain with me?

MIRABELLE   POINT   OF   VIEW

The entire house was deathly silent save for the drumming of light rain outside. I peeled my coat off, looking into the living room, not a single soul inhabiting it. 'I guess dad is still at the station. I hope he's keeping himself warm.' Dad was a big baby whenever he was sick. He didn't like people fussing over him even though he'd probably be in an early grave if we didn't. A low groan from upstairs stilled me. The footsteps were careful as the person continued shifting their weight along the floorboards. 

Cautiously I pulled the kitchen knife that was still sitting in my bag, quietly making my way up to where the sound had come from. My room. The door was fully closed. The shadow of the person bending the light that seeped from beneath the door. I tightened my grin on the wooden handle, preparing myself one last time. Without any warning I threw the door open, weapon raised, eyes wild. 

Jasper blinked amusedly at me. I released a huge sigh, deflating instantly. "What the hell Jazz! Stop giving me a heart attack, would you?" 

"Sorry." He blinked in deep concentration, coming closer. He nestled his head into my neck. I awkwardly allowed him to continue doing whatever he was doing. Can't say I didn't appreciate the close proximity. Compared to Paul who was like a personal heater Jasper's undead coldness helped to sooth my oncoming headaches. I think I was starting to get sick from being out in this weather for so long. 

He pulled back with a look of slight disgust. "You have their smell all over you." 

"Who? The shapeshifters?" 

He nodded. 

"Um, as far as I know, I wasn't near any shapeshifters today. Maybe it was while I was down at La Push. I've been everywhere." 

The matter didn't settle well with him but he let it go for the time being. I headed over to my closet to start changing my clothes. At this point, I've gotten over the nervous jitters of my boyfriend eyeing my body. He's seen everything - including my scars. I never want to see Jasper so livid ever again. The guy nearly ripped my room apart at the mere sight of it. When he demanded a background story he had to run some steam off in the woods otherwise the entire neighborhood would have found out he was a vampire. 

Together we've slowly worked on accepting one another's past. Every time I feel the jagged bites on Jasper's arm I understand exactly how he feels. No one so beautiful, kind, loving, and gentle as Jasper should have had to endure such hell. He shouldn't have to continue suffering for all of his entire immortal life for the decisions of some selfish, manipulative wench. 

"So, what was it that had you so hectic on the phone?" 

Jasper took a seat on my bed, smiling lopsidedly when I struggled to get my arms through the dark blue long sleeve. "I think...I should tell you about what's been going on. About the other vampires." 

I paused. "...There are other vampires?"

He rolled his eyes. "Don't try to deny it, Mira. Alice has seen you searching in the woods for clues. Which, by the way, I'm not happy about. Haven't you learned by now that you need to stop aimlessly wandering in the forest." 

I walked over, practically tackling him back onto my covers, smiling happily. "And you should know by now that I don't like being told what to do." We shared a quick peck which inevitably turned into a short make-out session. His cold hands that slipped up from my waist to beneath my shirt had me sighing shakily against his lips. 

"I'm also not too happy about smelling other guys on you," he growled, gripping the back of my head to bring me back down for a breathtaking kiss. "God. I wish every guy that ever comes near you knew that you belong to me..."

"Haha. This possessive side of you is hot," I chuckled, rolling off to cuddle comfortably into his side. "Now, what was it about our vampire visitors? Were they the ones behind-"

"Yes," he sighed, placing his chin on my head while I drew patterns on his clothed chest. "Carlisle is having Alice keep alert in case they come near our territory. There's three of them as far as we can tell. They're nomads that feast on human blood. Until they leave I want you at our house so I can keep you safe." 

"Wha-what about Charlie? He needs me? His close friend just past away. I can't leave him now. And what about Bella?" 

"Edward will protect Bella just as much as I will protect you. Nothing will happen to her. And your dad is busy with the investigation." 

"And don't you think I should be close in case he coincidentally meets these bloodthirsty vampires?" Jasper pulled me in closer. If his heart was still beating I'm certain it would've been erratic right now. The look on his face did nothing to hide his worry. His emotions almost seemed to transfer themselves to me. The anxiousness building in his stomach started to fill my chest, toiling deep into my thoughts. 

"He'll be fine. They won't risk anything to attract the Voltaire's attention. But I just want to make sure that you're safe. Call Charlie and tell him whatever you need to so that you can stay. Carlisle and Esme are already stocking up the pantry for you." 

I thought it over for a few minutes. "Are you trying to bribe me with food, Major? Cause if you are it has absolutely worked." Jasper seemed happy that I wasn't putting up much of a fight on this. Not that I couldn't, it's just that if I didn't say yes he'd be here 24/7. Edward was probably with Bella right now. He would keep her safe. I knew he would. And Charlie if need be. 

***

It took some pleading, a little bit of guilty lying, and a promise of my famous brownies to get dad to approve my week-long stay at the Cullen Household. Emmett welcomed with a huge bear hug whilst Rosalie was yelling at him not to go breaking my spine. Alice mentioned Edward had taken Bella home already, safe and sound. 

Jasper helped me take my small suitcase to my newly furnished room. I told them it wasn't necessary. Their couches were surprisingly very comfortable. The soft, plush pillows making it therapeutic. But the Cullen women were stubborn as oxen. They ordered everything they thought might suit my taste at a speedy rate. There was a professional drawing desk with all the art supplies I could ever dream of, the walls were bullet-proof glass capable of turning murky with a flip of a switch to offer privacy, a bed big enough to fit four people, a private bath, and a walk-in closet (the room was stocked with clothes via Alice's fashion obsession). 

While I unpacked my meager scraps of cloth, Jasper wrapped his arms around my stomach from behind, nuzzling into my hair causing a small tremor of tickles. "I'm so happy you're here. I love you so much."

"Sheesh, why're you clingy all of a sudden? We literally just saw each other like yesterday."

"Every moment away from you is agony, darling. if I had it my way you'd never leave my arms."

"Well, good thing it isn't 'your way'. Otherwise, I'd go fat from the lack of exercise." 

"You're beautiful no matter what you look like," he insisted without pause.

"Tell me that when I'm old and wrinkly." 

There was a pause, one that had a stir of emotions I did not detect until Jasper brought up the conversation I knew we were destined to have. "...Mira, what...what exactly do you see for us?"

 I knew what he meant was what did I see for myself as his partner. Jasper was immortal - eternally beautiful, ageless like a marble sculpture. Whereas I was not. I was going to be 17 soon, then 18. The years will pass and I will continue to grow older, weaker, slower while Jasper remained unchanged. 

There was no doubt in my mind that he would love me even then, but could I do that to him? After centuries of waiting, could I allow Jasper to watch his soulmate slowly drift off into a dying sack of meat? To spend whatever he had left of his immortal life missing a huge part of himself? 

Rosalie was the only person who has ever properly sat me down to discuss the issue of my mortality. Having had her's forcibly stripped from her, along with her dreams of a family, she implored me to deeply consider my decision. On one hand, she was happy for the both of us and the notion that we would be official sisters, but another part of her was envious of the life I could have if I decided to stay human. 

She made valid points. The books I've read from Carlisle's library giving me a good enough image of what I would be signing up for. Everyone I knew would die. Dad, mom, my friends - everyone I've ever cared for would succumb to life's curse. They were the sacrifice I would have to make to be with the man who needed me the most. 

I turned in his arms, wrapping my own around his neck to bring him in. Our foreheads resting against one another. "I've been thinking about it since you told me you were a vampire, Jazz. I want to be with you forever. I've always been pretty sure my soul is going to hell since I'm such a shitty person; at least I can say I went after spending a lifetime with the man I love." 

His eyes soften. "But...you-"

"I already know what I'm sacrificing. And I know that you think you'd be taking my happiness away, but you are my happiness Jazz. Being with all of you is the one thing I wish I could've been doing earlier in my life. Maybe...Maybe if I met you earlier then I wouldn't be so screwed up inside. I don't want any more time with you to slip through my fingers."

"You don't really know what you're saying, Mira. This life - becoming this is not something I'd wish on anyone. Especially you. Could you live with yourself once knowing you'll have to drink blood for the rest of your life." 

He was doing it again. Doubting himself and me. As aggravating as it was to hear, I didn't feel annoyed. Rather I was touched by his resolution to protect me from tainting myself. I'm sure knowing that I was susceptible to death plagued his mind every time he came near me. His touch always cautious; his routine of getting his fill before seeing me; his wariness of others beside himself coming close. 

I gently caressed his face. "I'm going to change, Jazz. Alice already told me she's seen it."

His brows met. "When? When did she tell you this?"

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that it'll happen with or without your consent. If you love me then you'll be happy. If you love me then you'll tell me how excited you are for our new life. If you love me then after my graduation you'll be the one to change me. If you don't, Rosalie has already promised me she would." 

He was conflicted. It might've been a little unfair presenting him with an ultimatum but it's how things were going to be. Jasper slowly pulled me into a tight embrace. "Why're you stubborn?" 

I smiled, taking that as his unspoken compliance. "Because I'm Mirabelle freaking Swan." 

"Haha. What would I do without you?"

I slipped out of his arms, giving him a teasing smirk when he watched me confusedly. I moved over to the CD player, slipping in one of the CDs I had brought with me. The surround sound speakers beginning with a low humming buzz before a tune began to play. My hand stretched out for him invitingly. "Will you dance with me?"

A small smirk came onto his face. He took me into his arms, our bodies melting into one another perfectly, our hearts and feet moving in perfect synch. I rested my cheek on his chest. His head on top of mine. "I love you," I murmured. "We're going to get through this Jasper. Together."

"Yeah. I know we are. I love you more than you'll ever know, Mirabelle." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.4K 63
Lucy Swan is the younger twin sister of Isabella (Bella) Swan. Despite Bella hating her little sister for ridiculous reasons, Lucy doesn't allow it t...
374K 7.3K 15
Paisley Sutherland is the baby sister of Victoria. When she gets a call telling her that Victoria needs help defeating the vampires that killed her m...
161K 3.2K 13
Danielle and Isabella Swan are twin sisters. Although they do not look or act alike, they always do everything together. So when they move to Forks...
70.1K 1.1K 46
Marianne Swan used to have a fascination with the fragile nature of mortality until it was her own life on the line. Marianne is not scared of much i...