Henrietta Potter || Draco Mal...

By Slytherin_84

Fem-Harry What if Harry Potter had been born a girl? Follow Etta Potter as she discovers there is a lot more... More

1 - The Girl Who Lived
2 - The Boy With The Pale Pointed Face
3 - Flying Lessons
4 - First Year Dramas
5 - Malfoy Encounters
6 - Second Year Spats
7 - Stranger Things
8 - It's Killed Meh
9 - The Godfather
10 - Cedric Diggory
11 - Ferret Face
12 - Potter Stinks
13 - Dates and Dragons
14 - The Girl in the Red Dress
15 - Murder on the Dancefloor
16 - The Bathroom
17 - Let's Take it Together
18 - So Long, Cedric
19 - Numb
20 - In His Eyes
21 - Weasley is our King
22 - Fancy a Ride?
23 - Hagrid's Treat
24 - Your Wonderful Precious Father
25 - Draco's Date
26 - Caught
27 - Another One Bites The Dust
28 - Draco's Detour
29 - The Eavesdropper
30 - Felix
31 - Ladies First
32 - Deck The Halls
33 - The Hufflepuff and the Slytherin
34 - Thanking You
35 - A Birthday Treat
36 - The Sweetest Thing
37 - Trouble in Paradise
38 - All Cut Up
39 - It's A Date
41 - New
42 - The Serpent's Tongue
43 - Grumpy
44 - Get Draco
45 - Dobby's Sacrifice
46 - Back To Hogwarts
47 - Crabbe's Bright Idea
48 - Believe Me
49 - Happy Thoughts
50 - Her Mother's Eyes
51 - Potter's Fate
52 - The End Of It All
53 - Potter

40 - Underneath It All

16.8K 519 324
By Slytherin_84

Monday 30th June 1997 - Part One

As my eyes fluttered open, there was only one thought on my mind. Draco.

I could not wait to see him. Getting ready, I was surprised to feel the beginnings of nerves, almost as though I was going on a real date. I carefully dressed in my uniform and made extra effort with my hair and make up, ignoring Hermione's curious glances.

"Ugh, double Potions first thing," Ron groaned as I joined him in the common room.

Not for me!

"It will be interesting to see how you cope, Etta," Hermione said haughtily as she came down the stairs behind me, "now you no longer have that dreadful book to 'help' you."

"Whatever," I muttered, rolling my eyes; avoiding the temptation to stick my middle finger right up in her smug face.

"Wonder if Malfoy will be there," Ron pondered as he hoisted his bag over his shoulder. "You know, after you did him over good and proper."

I froze at the mention of his name, suddenly finding it extremely difficult to meet my friend's eye.

"We'll see," I shrugged lightly, knowing that I really will... and soon.

We walked into the Great Hall and my heart fluttered when I spotted him sitting at the Slytherin table. Almost as though he had been waiting, he looked up, and a small smile tugged at his lips the moment his eyes found mine.

"Did Malfoy just smile at you?!" Ron asked, flabbergasted.

"Uh- I'm pretty sure it was a smirk," I said hastily, trying to hide my blush as I quickly hurried him along, pushing him towards the Gryffindor table.

I could not eat. At least I could not find the appetite to eat. I just wanted breakfast to be over so I could go to Draco. I had no idea what his plan was for our 'date', but I did not care. We had spent so much time fighting since we had known one another, that the thought of just being with him sent nervous thrills zipping through the pit of my stomach.

I dared glance back at the Slytherin table and I noticed that he had finished his breakfast and was just sitting. Waiting.

Throwing my half-eaten toast down on my plate, I stood up. I could not wait anymore.

"You going already?" Ron asked thickly through a mouthful of scrambled egg. "Potions doesn't start for another twenty minutes."

"No - I - uh... I'm not feeling well," I stuttered, my mind now only on Draco. "I think I might just go to back to my room and sleep it off."

"Etta!" Ron called after me. But I did not respond, already halfway across the hall. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Draco rise from the Slytherin table. My stomach twisted in excitement.

"Let's go," he growled in my ear as soon as he caught up with me in the Entrance Hall, the sound of his voice causing goosebumps to erupt over my skin.

Without waiting for a response, he grabbed my hand and led me towards the large front oak doors.

"Wait-" I said, looking around to see if anyone was watching. "Isn't this a bit risky leaving out the front door? What if a teacher sees us?"

"So?" he scoffed, emitting a low, sardonic bark of laughter. "What are they going to do? Give us a detention?"

Actually - yes. They could give us a fucking detention and I had enough of those to last me a lifetime.

But Draco just tightened his hold on my hand and carried on, pushing open the doors and leading me out. He really did not seem to care.

He remained silent as he marched us briskly across the grounds. The morning sun was already beating down hotly on us and I was glad I had left my cloak behind.

"Where are we going?" I asked breathlessly, struggling to keep up with his fast determined strides.

"You'll see," he said, coming to a halt as we reached the gates.

He wheeled round and looked at me, eyes twinkling as he took my other hand. "Have you ever Apparated before?"

"Yes, last summer with Dumbledore." I could not help but notice Draco flinch at the name. "But we haven't passed our tests yet."

He simply shrugged, his eyes flashing as they looked into mine.

"Who cares? I learnt last summer. The question is, do you trust me, Potter?"

I blinked, looking at him. My mind raced. Do I trust him? Do I trust Draco Malfoy?

"Yes," I whispered.

And then he was pulling me into his arms, and, with a single ′crack', we vanished.

*****

"Where are we?" I asked as a strong wind whipped my hair around my face and salt air invaded my nostrils.

I looked around, taking in our surroundings. We had landed next to what looked like a large, busy pier that went out across the sea. It was full of fair rides, people, and noise.

"I thought we could do something Muggley," Draco grinned, looking at me as if for approval. "I know you were brought up by some."

"Ha!" I laughed bitterly. "My darling aunt and uncle would rather have stuck pins in their eyes than take me out anywhere."

"You've never been to a fairground?" Draco asked incredulously. "Christ, even I've gate-crashed the occasional Muggle amusements."

I shrugged my shoulders, gazing back over to the fun filled pier. "It's not something I've ever thought about, I guess."

"Well, let me show you what you've been missing out on, Potter," he smirked, grabbing my hand, and led me to the entrance.

*****

Oh, fucking god, this was not my idea of fun.

"Draco- I can't breathe!" I gasped as we spun wildly around on these spinning things called the Waltzers.

My hand grappled tightly at his arm as I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing this ride could just be over with.

I heard him chuckle as he pulled his arm out of my fierce grip and snaked it around my waist, holding me tightly to his side.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of going fast," he laughed huskily in my ear. "Open your eyes and enjoy it, Potter."

But I couldn't, I just clung onto him for dear life instead.

"You bloody git!" I spluttered, smacking his shoulder as we finally stepped off the ride. "Never do that to me again!"

"And here I was thinking the great Henrietta Potter wasn't afraid of anything," he chuckled, draping an arm over my shoulders.

"So, dare I ask - what's next?"

"Food," he said, sniffing the air. I caught a whiff of sausage and onions, my stomach growled, suddenly realising how hungry I felt.

Ten minutes later, we were stood in the queue for the Ferris Wheel, eating hotdogs which Draco had bought using the Muggle money he had somehow acquired for our 'date'.

"You surprise me," I said, wiping away a blob of mustard from my chin.

Draco looked at me as he raised an eyebrow. "How so?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I dunno, I'm just not used to this - you... you being nice."

He chuckled, lowering his hotdog as his eyes twinkled into mine. "I am nice, Potter. You just never gave me the chance to show you before."

"Hmmm," I said, narrowing my eyes up at him, "so those 'Potter Stinks' badges was actually your way of declaring your undying love to me, huh?"

"Come on, Potter," he smirked cockily, "don't pretend you weren't flattered. I saw the look in your eyes, you loved it."

I threw the remainder of my bread roll in his face.

"You weren't entirely wrong, though," he murmured in my ear as we settled into a car of the Ferris Wheel moments later.

"Huh?" I asked, looking up at him startled as he snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me into his side.

My heart skipped as our eyes locked and I found myself softly sighing as he lifted a hand to brush a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"I've always liked you, Potter. More than I'd ever cared to admit."

The breath momentarily evacuated my lungs as the Ferris Wheel ascended us upwards. But it was not the motion of the ride that had caused it.

"I like you too," I said shyly, my cheeks blushing furiously.

And then he leant in, catching my lips in his as he kissed me softly and sweetly, cupping my face beneath his fingers.

We both broke away, breathless and smiling.

But then, as though suddenly remembering something, his face fell.

"What about- what about...?" he trailed off, looking anguished as he glanced down at his left arm.

Without hesitation, I placed my hand firmly across where his sleeve covered the offending Mark.

"Draco Malfoy," I whispered softly in his ear, "you're really lovely, underneath it all."

And when the ride finally ended, and he suggested we go someplace quieter; I didn't need any persuasion.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 31 40
Embark on a magical adventure with Hermione Granger as she navigates the treacherous path from hatred to love in the enchanting world of Harry Potter...
747K 29.5K 69
Fem-Blaise They call us the Slytherin Prince and Princess. We are the silver duo; the darkness of the school. I'd never have survived Hogwarts witho...
634 29 10
Y/N is so excited to return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for her second year, but when the time finally comes, tragedy hits the scho...
11.9K 471 17
SWEAR IT GET BETTER AFTER THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS After years of homeschooling, you finally join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in your fo...