Impossible Love

By Chickadee333

What happens when a smart and career-motivated psychologist named Harleen Quinzel meets the notorious Joker a... More

Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: A Troubled Past
Chapter 3: An Unspoken Lust
Chapter 4: A Forbidden Desire
Chapter 5: A Heartbreaking Discovery
Chapter 6: A Manipulated Promise
Chapter 7: A Welcome Freedom
Chapter 8: A Certain Homecoming
Chapter 9: An Uncertain Decision
Chapter 10: A Hostile Takeover
Chapter 11: An Indelible Mark
Chapter 12: A Time Together
Chapter 13: An Agonizing Choice
Chapter 14: A Forced Confession
Chapter 15: A Tormented Mind
Chapter 16: A Yearning Heart
Chapter 17: An Unspeakable Betrayal
Chapter 18: A New Normal
Chapter 19: A Terrifying Strength
Chapter 20: A Contrived Existence
Chapter 21: A Tragic Revelation
Chapter 23: A Forever Future

Chapter 22: An Imminent Return

266 4 0
By Chickadee333

Harleen arrived home with a solid plan in mind for her return to her life with Joker. She contacted her parents and friends to let them know that she would now be taking another, even longer vacation since she wasn't away with Joker very long at the beginning of February. She spent the rest of the evening and the next day cleaning her already meticulously organized apartment while she gathered what little clothing she had left as most of it was still at Joker's mansion. She took a look around her apartment and was satisfied knowing that the next time she would return would likely be to move out completely.

Hey Frosty, she texted, I found the tracker app on my phone. I know it was u.

Oops, u got me, he responded.

Well, I disabled it, LOL. I'm ready to come back but I want to surprise J. How r u? Can u drive yet?

I was just cleared to drive, u want me to pick u up?

Yes. Do u know where Gotham Bakery is in White Plains? I'll meet u there. I've ordered something special for J.

OK, I can be there in 30, Frost replied.

Harleen opted to leave her car behind for the moment and instead called for a taxi. She gave the driver directions to the bakery where she had ordered some cakes and a few other things, including cookies with dark chocolate chips—his favorite. She looked out over the Hudson as the taxi drove her across the long bridge leading her out of her quaint little town. It was a trip she took every single day when she worked at Arkham and she smiled thinking that it could be one of her last trips across the bridge.

It was mid-April and spring was in bloom. After her discussion with Joker the day before, she had realized that his old self, Jack, had "died" on his birthday, April 15, 2005. But he was also reborn on that same day as the Joker. She wondered if he had ever had a proper birthday celebration in the past twelve years. Then, doing the math, she realized that he would be turning forty this year on his birthday, which was just a few days away when he visited her at the pond. She smiled to herself hoping that he would appreciate the thought and not be upset by the reminder.

"What this?" Frost asked as she opened the rear passenger door to place two enormous cakes and several plates of cookies inside along with her purse and a few bags.

"This..." she said closing the door and jumping into the SUV, "is for J's surprise birthday party tomorrow." She leaned in and gave Frost a huge hug and a loud kiss on his cheek.

Frost smiled and returned the hug and kiss. "It's good to see you, Harley."

"You too, Frosty."

"So, his birthday is tomorrow? How do you know that?"

"Oh, I'm just that good," she responded as Frost chuckled. "He's also going to be forty and I know that for a fact!"

"Oh, this is rich!" Frost howled as his chuckle turned into body-shaking laughter. "I'll never let him live this down!"

Harleen and Frost talked and laughed the whole way to the mansion as they planned the party for the next day.

"Now, doc," Frost said as he pulled into the driveway of the mansion, "you're not gonna split again, are you?"

Harleen smiled and stared at the darkened sky adorned with faint streaks of pink from the setting sun behind her.

"No, I'm here for good," she responded. "I just had to think about some things."

"Listen, I heard what happened at Edwards' house. That took a lot of courage to do what you did. I know it must have been hard for you to pick up that gun. I know that's not you, doc... I know you're not a killer. And I know that you're not crazy," he said.

"So you heard the awful things Edwards was saying about me?" she asked.

"Yeah, we both did. But, trust me, you're not crazy. You're the sweetest, most sane person I know!" Frost exclaimed.

"Well, I'm probably a little crazy for hanging out with the likes of you two," she shot him a sly glance and smiled.

"That could be... could be." Frost turned into the parking garage and put the vehicle in park. He turned to look at Harleen before she opened her door. "Listen, I know what you did for me," he said as he reached out and touched her forearm. "I know that you put your reputation on the line by taking me to your doctor friend. He did a real good job of fixing me up. And I have you to thank for that. J and I both have you to thank for a lot of things..."

"Is that why you sent the check?"

"So, Evans told you? Yeah, we figured it was the least we could do. We recovered the money that Ziggy had stolen—five hundred thousand—and we figured that we would give it to the clinic since J said that the doctor made it clear he couldn't be bought," he explained.

"That was really nice of you. Thank you for protecting me." Harleen grabbed Frost's hand and squeezed it.

Frost quietly escorted Harleen into the basement where she headed up to the third floor.

"I'll get the food moved into the house and I'll divert J for a bit. He should be in his office right now. You two have fun tonight," Frost said, winking at her before she stepped onto the elevator.

Harleen entered the bedroom upstairs and immediately began removing all of her clothing and placed it on the bench in the closet. She looked around and saw that Joker had not touched a thing on her side of the closet. He really was expecting me to return, she thought to herself.

She opened a drawer and found the sexiest, skimpiest piece of lingerie that she knew would drive him wild. She stepped into the lacy red panties that she knew would be removed by him in an instant and then put on her sheer chemise which was connected with a line of sparkling jewels between her breasts. She walked into the bathroom and found her perfume bottle exactly where she left it and spritzed it on her wrists, neck, and chest. Taking one last look in the mirror, she knew was ready to commit herself—body and soul—to him forever.

Walking back to the closet, she reached into her purse and pulled out a baggie full of red rose petals—the same roses that Joker had sent her on her birthday not that long ago. She walked into the bedroom and scattered them all over the floor and the bed and then lit a few candles. She laid down on the bed and faced toward the nook that led to the door and queued up the playlist on her phone that she had created for just this very purpose. Basking in the lovely scent of the petals and the candles, she waited patiently for him to arrive as darkness fell outside.

*****

Frost knocked on Joker's office door on the first floor and peeked his head into the room. Joker was sitting at his desk staring at his laptop with a pen in his hand.

"Hey, J," Frost called out, pulling Joker out of his daze. He hobbled into the room on his special-made cane—a gift from Joker. The cane itself was black but was engraved to reveal a layer of silver below, which swirled around the length until it reached the top containing a silver jeweled skull on the handle.

"Hey," Joker responded. "What are you still doing here? You know you're not stuck here anymore." He tilted his head and nodded toward his cane.

"I'm outta here soon," Frost said, "but I just wanted to see how you were doing."

"Well, my eyeballs are about to pop out of my head, but otherwise things are just dandy!" Joker said with a wide silver grin in his typical, over-the-top comical manner.

"Have you thought about the plan? I mean, are we still going to follow through with it?" Frost asked.

"Absolutely," Joker said, leaning back in his chair and putting his feet up on the desk. He reached down to pull a fuzz off of his colorful striped socks.

"So, tomorrow, then? I can gather all the men. How about six o'clock?" Frost said, smiling slightly.

"Well... Yeah, that sounds good. I wasn't thinking so soon, but we might as well get it over with," Joker sighed.

"You know the other thing you had planned?" Frost asked as Joker shrugged his shoulders and shook his head up and down. "Maybe you want to do that tomorrow, too."

"What are you saying, Frosty?" Joker removed his feet and sat forward in his chair.

"I'm saying that maybe you should close up business for the day..." Frost said as he pulled the pen out of Joker's hand and closed his laptop. "I'm saying that maybe you should call it a night. Maybe head up to bed. Take your business elsewhere. I'm just sayin'."

Joker's heart almost indiscernibly skipped a beat as he slipped his feet back into his shoes.

"Don't be playing around with me, Frosty. Do not," he demanded.

"Oh, you know I don't play," Frost replied. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a house to get back to. I have a whole season of Dancing With The Stars that I need to catch up on. I'll see you tomorrow at six." Frost winked at Joker and limped out of the room with his cane.

Joker sat at his desk thinking about Harleen. She was waiting for him up in his bedroom. She had finally returned and, this time, he was going to make sure she stayed.

*****

Harleen laid on the bed for about twenty minutes before she heard the door open and the pressure change in the room. Joker entered knowing that she would be there, and it took all of the self-control he could muster to not rip every shred of clothing off of her gorgeous body and fuck her as hard as he could.

He walked into the room and stared at her as she reached for her phone and pressed play.

Am I out of my head? Am I out of my mind? If you only knew the bad things I like... Don't think that I can explain it... What can I say, it's complicated...

Harleen stood up on her knees as Joker kicked off his shoes and rushed toward her on the bed. Their estranged lips crashed together with a fervent passion as their tongues pushed into each other's mouths. Harleen's fingers began to unbutton his shirt as Joker smothered her mouth in hard kisses. Unable to unbutton anything, she pulled away from his face and smiled fiendishly. She grabbed his lapel and pulled his shirt apart causing buttons to fly across the room and ping off the window. Joker growled and pulled her in for another round of kisses.

Nothing's that bad... If it feels good... So you come back... Like I knew you would...

Harleen reached down to feel the bulge in his pants.

"Ohhhh," she moaned into his mouth as she felt just how hard he was. She would never stop getting turned on by his body and he would never stop getting turned on by hers. She tried desperately to unbuckle and unbutton his pants but her hands were too unsteady causing Joker to remove his own from the tangled mess of her hair to help out.

And you keep me in with those hips... While my teeth sink in those lips... While your body's giving me life... And you suffocate in my kiss...

He got off the bed as Harleen waited on her knees and watched. His shirtless chest heaved in the candlelight as he removed all of his clothing and kicked it away. His body seemed even more muscular than it had ever been before. He stopped for a moment, taking in the vision of Harleen on the bed, waiting for him. He had the same seductive look in his eyes that he had during their first time in the sub-basement of Arkham and all Harleen could think about was him on top of her. She longed to feel him inside of her so badly, her breath shaking as she breathed in and out.

I can't explain it... I love the pain... And I love the way your breath numbs me like Novacaine... And we are always high... Keep it strange... Okay yeah, I'm insane, but you the same...

He came toward her and held her head in his hands as she ran her fingers through his long green hair. They stared into each other's eyes, the flames of desire burning equally inside their minds.

You're my pretty little vixen... And I'm the voice inside your head... That keeps telling you to listen to all the bad things I say...

Joker leaned in and delicately kissed her supple pink lips, his cock throbbing at the thought of penetrating the silky wet opening between her legs. A hurricane of emotion churned eddies in his head as he thought of how she made him feel, how she seemed to sentence his body to a lifetime of desire. His kisses became restless and fevered as his hands grabbed her hips and began to push down her panties. She sat down on the bed as he pulled them off her legs and tossed them to the side. Harleen shimmied herself to the center of the bed as Joker lunged forward and positioned himself on top of her, his knees between her legs spread open below him.

The way we love, is so unique... And when we touch, I'm shivering... And no one has to get it, just you and me... 'Cause we're just living between the sheets...

"This reminds me of our first time," he said in a raspy voice as he bent over to kiss her. "I want you so much, Harleen."

Harleen paused and grabbed Joker by the neck and pulled him close to her lips. "Then take me, Mr. Joker," she said in a commanding tone.

Joker's eyes widened at her words, his mouth exposing his silver smile. He quickly lifted up her hips slightly and placed his tip at her entrance. She was so warm and so inviting and he could hold back no longer. He ferociously pushed his entire length inside of her, causing her to scream out. He rocked in and out of her, the sweat dripping from his forehead onto hers as he leaned in to attempt to kiss. His shaft ached with the ever familiar fire as it always did when he was with her and he wanted nothing more than to feel her tremble around his cock while he released inside of her.

Don't matter what you say... Don't matter what you do... I only wanna do bad things to you... So good, that you can't explain it... What can I say, it's complicated...

"Oh, Harley, you feel so good... god, you feel so good... You make me wanna cum..." Joker breathed in her ear as she grabbed his face and pulled him to her lips. She was feeling confident and in control and she wanted him to know.

"Oh, no you don't," she panted into his open mouth as he exhaled, his breath and cologne saturating her senses. She never wanted the moment to end. Locking her legs on his hips, she rolled him onto his back with him still inside of her. She pushed her body down hard onto his, completely engulfing his hard cock within her, and then began to roll her hips as she sat on him. Quickly finding her g-spot, she focused her rocking so his shaft would push up against it.

"Oh, J... Oh, J... Oh, J..." she screamed louder with each breath.

Joker looked up at the beautiful woman in the sexy sheer red top riding him, screaming his name with her eyes closed. He felt her body tense and knew she was close, her strong thighs squeezing his mid-section so hard it made it difficult for him to breathe. His hands moved up her thighs to her backside as he clutched onto her butt and helped to hold it down as she rode him. A new song began as their bodies continued to dance in perfect rhythm.

Tell me what you really like... Baby I can take my time...

"Har... Harley..." Joker said, moans echoing in his throat, "I can't stop... I'm gonna... I'm gonna..." He couldn't finish his statement when he felt the fire explode from his loins, shooting up inside of her. His hands now at her waist pushed her down on his body so hard, endeavoring for their bodies to never be separated again.

I can feel that body shake... And the heat between your legs...

"Oh, fuck! J!" she screamed as he pushed her down against him causing the explosion to pulsate throughout her abdomen. She continued to rock her hips on his as she rode out her orgasm before collapsing in a sweaty mess on top of him.

We don't have to rush when you're alone with me...

Harleen sighed as she laid down on top of him, both reeling in the afterglow.

"That was amazing," she said, barely able to catch her breath. She moved a sweaty strand of green hair from Joker's forehead as they began to kiss again.

"You're always amazing," he responded, smiling at her between kisses.

You've been scared of love and what it did to you... You don't have to run, I know what you've been through... Just a simple touch and it can set you free... We don't have to rush when you're alone with me...

"J..." she started, "I love you. I know I've never told you, but I love you. I am in love with you."

"I know... I knew on my last day in Arkham when we were in the basement.... You know, you almost told me then yourself."

"I did?"

"Almost," he smiled and raised his eyebrow-less forehead. "You were about to say it but stopped yourself."

"J... you... I don't know... you just have this power over me. It's intoxicating. I would do anything for you," she whispered in his ear as she squeezed his biceps.

Joker smiled to himself knowing that she had the same effect on him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close as the music continued to play.

I feel it coming... I feel it coming, babe... I feel it coming... I feel it coming, babe...

*****

The couple slept soundly through the entire night as Harleen laid on Joker's chest, her head tucked in the crook of his shoulder and her leg lifted up over his thighs. Joker's embrace barely loosened up as they slept, perhaps subconsciously keeping her close so she wouldn't leave.

Harleen awoke at dawn to an empty bed. She propped herself up on her elbows as she listened for any movement but didn't hear anything. She got up to use the bathroom and then grabbed Joker's soft black bathrobe, wrapping it around herself before returning to the bed. He was nowhere in the room.

She sighed and put her head back down on the pillow feeling sad and wondering if he were downstairs in his office, which is where he always seemed to be. Though she was impressed by his work ethic—staying up late, getting up early, constantly on his cell phone answering calls or texting his men—she hated the fact that she had to compete for his attention. She feared she would be relegated to the outskirts of his life because of his business obligations. Just like the mob, she thought to herself as she closed her eyes.

Her train of thought was broken as she heard the door open and someone walk into the room. She opened one eye to see Joker place a big silver tray on one of the lounge chairs and then approach the bed.

"Good morning, cupcake," he said in a whisper that dripped with the sweetness of honey. He leaned in to kiss her on the cheek as she smiled.

"Good morning, puddin'" she responded as she lifted herself up onto her elbow.

"Hm..." Joker smiled at the pet name. "I like it." He turned to the tray on the chair and looked back at Harleen. "I made you breakfast. Hope you're hungry!"

"It smells delicious!" she said emphatically as she sat up in bed and crossed her legs in front herself. She dove into her omelet made with avocado, bacon, and three types of cheese. "Oh, my god, this is so good! You are such a good cook!"

"Thank you," he said as he poured her a small tumbler of orange juice. "I guess cooking has been my way of letting off steam and I've gotten pretty good over the years. Plus, Antonio has been a great teacher."

"I'll say," Harleen said as she crunched on a perfectly cooked piece of bacon. She handed her empty plate back to him as she took a big gulp of orange juice. "Mmmm, that was amazing! What a lovely surprise—thank you!"

"Oh, speaking of surprises," Joker said, his voice stilted as if he were hiding something. "I have a few for you today. Would you like to see your next one?"

"Would I?" Harleen clasped her hands together with glee. "You bet I would!"

"Then come with me," he said as he held out his hand. He led her across the hall to the guest bedroom that he had virtually destroyed during her first absence. "You remember how it looked last time you looked in, right?"

Harleen guiltily shook her head up and down.

"Well, are you ready?" he asked, teasing her, his hand on the doorknob.

"Yes!" she cried out, excited for her surprise.

"Are you sure you're ready?" he asked again.

"J!!" she yelled out in a faux frustrated tone.

"Well... wait no longer, Ms. Quinzel. May I present to you," he spoke as he opened the door, "your very own art room."

"Oh... oh... my... god..." Harleen stammered as she walked into the huge room. Gone was all of the busted bedroom furniture, the mattress against the wall, the sea of garbage, the broken mirror with shards of glass scattered on the floor... In its place were shelving units and tables on one side of the room full of pads of paper, paints, brushes, pencils—anything that Harleen could possibly ever want. Canvases lined the walls from small to large—some so large that she wasn't sure how he even got them in the house. A huge angled drafting table sat in the middle of the room with a few easels stationed next to it.

Harleen walked through the room, touching the canvases, the desk, the pencils, and the paints. She was in such shock that she walked around the room with her mouth agape in astonishment. She looked back at Joker who was leaning against the door jamb looking as attractive as ever in his burgundy satin robe with the belt tied tightly around his waist.

"This is... I have no words," she said as she walked over to him. "I love you. Thank you so much." She stood on her tiptoes as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him, feeling his cock stiffen under his robe.

"See what you do to me?" he asked her playfully as he pulled her in for another kiss and pressed his hips into hers. "How about we get a shower. Your art room can wait... but I can't..."

They rushed back over to the opulent bathroom where Joker started up the shower, the water pouring out like a heavy rain from the huge central shower head. He untied his belt and dropped his robe revealing his perfectly chiseled and tattooed body. He stepped in and stood under the water as his long green hair fell along the sides of his face. Harleen placed her glasses on the counter and then followed suit by untying her robe and letting it fall to the floor. Joker invited her into the glass-walled room with his arms out, beckoning her to join him under the water.

Their lips collided as he pulled her close to him, their wet, naked bodies pressed up against each other.

"I just don't think I can see you naked... or kiss you... or smell you... or feel you..." he said to her during pauses between kisses, "... without wanting to be inside of you... I can't stop... thinking about it."

"Ohhh," Harleen moaned as she leaned her head back for Joker to kiss her neck, "I can't stop thinking about it either."

Joker pushed her against the wall, the water still falling slightly on his head, and passionately kissed her on the lips. She reached down to stroke him as his hand felt between her legs for her soft lips, which were slick with her juices.

"Feel that? You do that to me," Harleen said, pausing their kiss to look in his eyes as he rubbed two fingers slowly through her wetness.

He picked her up and pinned her against the wall with his chest and hips, desperately wanting to be inside of her again. She reached her hand down and directed his waiting cock to her opening, causing him to exhale and shudder as he pushed deep inside of her. She wrapped her legs around his hips as he continued to push her against the wall and rock himself in and out of her. He reached his hand up to his head in a futile effort to drag his hair out of his face but then quickly decided to grab and squeeze her round breasts.

Harleen could tell that his breathing was becoming unsteady as he continued pushing against her, with guttural noises escaping his mouth like a wild animal.

"J, I just want to feel you cum in me... Just cum in me whenever you want. Don't worry about me," she said as she found his lips again.

"Are you sure? I love making you orgasm," he said breathlessly. Every muscle in his body flexed as he held her against the wall and pushed in and out of her.

"I want you to cum in me... Oh, god, J, you make me so hot and horny. You make me so fucking wet," she moaned into his mouth in a sultry voice.

Hearing her words filled him with lust and the desire to explode like a firework inside of her. She continued to speak her dirty words as their imagery filled his brain and started to take him to the point of no return. His cock felt so incredible as her tight wet walls surrounded it.

"Oh, fuck me, fuck me harder," Harleen told him as she threw her head back and moaned loudly in the spacious shower stall.

"Oh, Harley, god, you feel so good... You're gonna make me... Oh..." his mouth gurgled, that pleasant fiery feeling flowing out of his body as he quavered inside of her. His heart pounded as the explosion traveled through his abdomen and up his chest in a wave of electric pleasure. He continued to rock against her until his orgasm subsided.

"I love you, Harley," he said, looking into her eyes and kissing her lips.

"I know," she responded with a sly grin.

"Thank you for that. It was amazing," he said as he lightly sucked on her neck. "Tonight is all about you... if you're up for it." He returned to nibbling on her ear.

"Oh, I look forward to it," she responded as he pulled out and placed her gently on the ground. She loved giving him pleasure... she loved his sounds and the way his body moved. She felt like she had power over him when she sent him into ecstasy and it fulfilled that need within her mind, like the way she felt when she was his doctor and he was her patient.

As she leaned against the wall, she could feel their combined fluids flow out of her and she loved it. It's a good thing I'm on the pill, she thought to herself as she imagined all of the unprotected sex she and Joker had in the past and planned on having in the future. Maybe some day I won't need it, she smiled to herself as Joker stood back under the shower head and motioned for her to join him. She put her head on his chest as they swayed back and forth under the water, holding each other close.

"You just wait for my surprise for you tonight," Joker said into her ear, water running down his face. "I hope you like it."

"I have a surprise for you, too," Harleen looked up at him and smiled. "I can't wait."

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 933 23
Harleen Quinzel has a sister that few know about. Amelia is very different from her little sister Harleen. While Harleen wanted to help people and so...
94.1K 4K 28
Harleen Quinzel is chosen for an internship a Arkham Asylum and will be dealing with some of the craziest people in the world. One of her patients ta...
178K 4.6K 39
!!COMPLETED!! Warning: a tiny bit of smut Dr.Harleen Quinzel, a new psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum, is assigned to Dr.Pamela Isley, a former biochemis...
12.8K 376 27
[COMPLETED] [NEW52] [BOOK1] Harley had gotten her priorities straight and left the Joker for good! But what if he knew something she was clueles...