Impossible Love

By Chickadee333

What happens when a smart and career-motivated psychologist named Harleen Quinzel meets the notorious Joker a... More

Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: A Troubled Past
Chapter 3: An Unspoken Lust
Chapter 4: A Forbidden Desire
Chapter 5: A Heartbreaking Discovery
Chapter 6: A Manipulated Promise
Chapter 7: A Welcome Freedom
Chapter 8: A Certain Homecoming
Chapter 10: A Hostile Takeover
Chapter 11: An Indelible Mark
Chapter 12: A Time Together
Chapter 13: An Agonizing Choice
Chapter 14: A Forced Confession
Chapter 15: A Tormented Mind
Chapter 16: A Yearning Heart
Chapter 17: An Unspeakable Betrayal
Chapter 18: A New Normal
Chapter 19: A Terrifying Strength
Chapter 20: A Contrived Existence
Chapter 21: A Tragic Revelation
Chapter 22: An Imminent Return
Chapter 23: A Forever Future

Chapter 9: An Uncertain Decision

306 5 0
By Chickadee333

Harleen sat for several minutes on the bed after Joker left her alone in his large bedroom. Not once in a thousand years would she think that the Joker would have lived in a place like this. She knew he had style after seeing his office at the club, but this room, his mansion, his way of life... it was all such a shock.

Harleen looked around the room and studied its features. The walls were painted in a warm and inviting off-white with the king-sized bed opposite a panel of windows that covered the whole wall. The floor was a deep mahogany hardwood with a few beige rugs scattered throughout along with several plush chaise lounge chairs with white, gray, and maroon accent pillows. The Italianate fireplace was adorned with chalices that held candles and was flanked by two huge potted palms. On the opposite side of the room were several couches and chairs facing a dark cherry coffee table and two bookshelves full of books. She knew she would have to look at his collection. What in the world does a man like the Joker read? She thought to herself.

She stood up and approached a glass door next to the windows, which lead to the balcony. The view was perfect. She was high enough to see a portion of the icy water through the leafless trees. She looked around and realized that there was water in nearly every direction. Are we on an island? She wondered to herself. It was now snowing slightly and the yard was starting to receive a white dusting, creating a beautiful winter wonderland.

Leaving her lab coat on the bed and her heels on the floor, she turned to walk into the bathroom, which was just as astonishing in its beauty as the master bedroom. Four grand pillars marked the corners of a large Jacuzzi tub with a chandelier hanging directly above. The floors and counters were a stylish white and gray marble. She felt out of place as she walked around the opulent room, which was nearly as big as her entire apartment.

My apartment... Arkham... Harleen thought to herself. I need to let someone know that I'm okay.

She found a washcloth and began to remove Joker's blood from her neck with warm water. Looking at herself in the mirror, she didn't quite recognize who she was. Within a span of a weekend, she was a psychiatric professional spending time with friends and family with a well-defined path in life... to procuring a semi-automatic weapon from a glitzy club in a seedy neighborhood and smuggling the weapon into a high-security prison where she worked. And now she was in the personal bathroom of the most feared criminal in the city. She couldn't believe the incredible risk she had taken as the reality of the situation started to sink in.

I could have been killed! I could have been raped by that shark! I could have been caught! I could still be caught! I could lose my license! I could lose my job! I could lose everything! Harleen began to sob uncontrollably as she backed up against a pillar and slid to the floor. "Oh my god, what have I done?" she asked herself aloud as tears streamed down her face.

The emotions tore through her brain. She thought of herself, her family, her career, her workplace, her co-workers... She had put so much time into getting where she needed to be and making sure that everything fell into place just right. She was not even 30 years old and she had accomplished so much. "And now it could be gone... why? Why??" she questioned herself, looking at her shaking hands. "Because... because... I'm in love? But what if he doesn't even love me? What if this doesn't even last? What have I done?"

She couldn't deny it any longer. She was in love with the Joker. Her patient. Her psychiatric rehabilitation services patient. An insane man. A man without regard for others. A man who took what he wanted, when he wanted it.

She steadied her breathing for a moment, stopping to examine the interplay of the white and gray minerals in the marble floor tiles. Yes, she admitted to herself, Joker was a man who got what he wanted, but he built an empire from nothing. When his world collapsed around him, he got up on his feet and took it back. He's not insane, she realized. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's a genius. He's brilliant. He has the world in the palm of his hand that's precisely his goal.

Harleen sat on the cool floor while tracing her fingers along the swirls in the tiles for a few more moments thinking about how this realization confirmed her diagnosis. So many former and supervising doctors had vehemently labeled the Joker as insane and psychotic. But now she realized the very opposite was true. Her diagnosis was correct. Joker was very much sane. He was not schizophrenic and he was not psychotic. He would not be able to run a billion dollar empire if he were. He was a sociopath, that was clear. He did have little regard for others and he did have trouble connecting with people emotionally. He may have even been that way his whole life, which is how he could have been so successful with academics and with his business, Harleen contended.

Feeling validated yet again, she stood up to look at herself in the mirror. She cleaned the make-up that had run down her face and removed her skirt and panties to clean up from her earlier encounter with him. The warm cloth on her soft lower lips reminded her of all of the fantasies she had had of Joker pressing his tongue between her legs. She thought of how amazing he felt inside of her not even two hours ago and her pulse began to quicken. I had sex with the Joker and it was... incredible, she thought to herself.

She rinsed out the washcloth and her panties and hung them on a towel rack to dry. Realizing that she felt naked without her underwear, she entered Joker's huge walk-in closet. The racks and shelves were built into all four walls of the room and contained so many clothes—more than her own closet—that she didn't know where to start. She walked past the clothing hanging while holding her hand out to touch them one by one. He had mostly button down dress shirts and dress slacks with probably three dozen shoes in their own cubby spaces. The huge island in the middle housed drawers which, as she discovered, contained his unmentionables. He had lots of brightly colored boxer shorts in purples, greens, blues, and pinks and some equally colorful briefs. She caressed them thinking how often she fantasized about pulling them from his body. She pulled them out one by one, smiling as she studied their geometric and sometimes whimsical designs. She found a silky pair with red and black diamonds and decided those would be the ones to wear as they matched her red bra nicely.

Looking at the wall opposite of the door she saw a huge full-length mirror next to a vanity with a chair. On the table top was his red lipstick and charcoal eye shadow. She stood at the mirror and applied the lipstick to her own lips, imagining that she was vicariously kissing him. Noticing a long, fluffy black bathrobe hanging on the wall next to the mirror, she took it down from its hook. Wrapping herself in its warmth, Harleen imagined that it was Joker hugging her. Tying the belt tightly around her waist, she grabbed her skirt she had been carrying and walked back out into the huge bedroom.

She suddenly felt very tired, having gotten only a few hours of sleep, and she decided to take a nap on Joker's bed. She sat down on the side closest to the door as she felt that was where Joker must sleep—as close to danger as possible. She pulled the plush blanket at the foot of the bed up to her neck and laid back on what must have been a dozen of the softest pillows known to the universe. Her eyes examined the intricate pattern of gray and maroon colors on the light gray bed spread as her eyelids became heavy. As she drifted off to sleep, she felt content in that space at that moment and she was sure no one would ever take it away from her.

*****

It was nearly noon by the time Joker had finished up his business downstairs with Frost and his men, and he knew that Harleen would be hungry. He checked the kitchen and saw that his chef, Antonio, had prepared some sandwiches and salads in anticipation of his "release." It was so nice to finally have real food available to him—and the best kind of food—compared to the prison slop he had been eating for the past four or five months.

Joker entered the bedroom quietly to find Harleen wrapped in his black robe and asleep on his bed. He stood silently at the bedside for several minutes while watching her breathe. He couldn't bring himself to wake her just yet as he bathed in the warmth of her beauty. So pure, so innocent, so... perfect, he thought to himself. He instead turned and walked toward the wall of windows and looked out upon his estate. Just hours ago, he was locked in a cage like an animal, and the one responsible for setting him free was sleeping in his bed. He owed her a greater debt of gratitude than he could ever possibly admit.

Feeling a shadow fall on her face, Harleen shifted and looked around the room.

"J, is that you?" she called out to him.

"I'm right here, Harley," he said as he walked to the bedside and sat down. "How do you feel? Are you hungry?"

"Mmm-hmm," Harleen responded as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. "Very hungry."

Joker smiled and lifted his thumb to touch her crimson colored lips. "I see that you got into my toys. It's a nice color on you." He carefully leaned in to give her a soft peck.

"I got into some other things, too," Harleen smiled and giggled as she pulled the bathrobe open to reveal his boxers.

"Hmmmm, now just what am I going to do with you?" he asked as his blue eyes flashed with playfulness. He leaned in again to kiss her harder, their tongues darting into one another's mouths and their red lipstick smearing on each other's faces.

Harleen lifted her hand to his exposed chest and felt the tight muscles of his pecs and abs. She placed her hand in the middle of his chest where she could feel his heart beat. She could feel her own heart beat in her lower abdomen as she became more excited with each of his passionate kisses. She couldn't explain why, but she desperately wanted to feel him inside of her again.

Kicking off his shoes, Joker turned to lie on the bed facing her while holding the back of her head and kissing her as deeply as he could. His cock was incredibly hard and all he could think of was feeling the warmth of her depths again. He pushed his clothed pelvis against hers causing Harleen to release an intoxicating moan.

"Oh, god, J, I just wanna feel you inside of me again," Harleen said between kisses.

Joker loved the fact that she was now calling him by his nickname. He lifted his hips from her body to allow her to undo his belt. She felt his erection as she unzipped his pants and was incredibly turned on by the fact that he was wearing regular clothes—not his Arkham-issued sweatpants and shirt. She stroked his cock through his silky underwear and could feel it jolt from her sensitive touch.

"You have no idea how badly I've wanted this," Joker whispered in Harleen's ear. "It's always been you." He started to rhythmically rock against the crease where her leg meets her hip, both still wearing their silky underclothes.

With those words, Harleen looked into his eyes and kissed him more deeply than she ever could have imagined. His skin smelled like sweat and cologne—a scent she would forever memorize. She never had a relationship where she felt such passion, such freedom. She was incredibly aroused by his body—whether it was in her or on her—and she could see he felt the same way.

He pulled his lips from hers as he just couldn't concentrate on kissing and moving his pelvis at the same time. Other than the sex they had that morning and the intimate moment last night in his cell, this was the first time in a very long time that Joker had the comforting touch of a woman—and never with this much fire and yearning. The silk against his rock hard member felt wonderful and he knew he couldn't pull away.

"Harley, you are so sexy," he said breathlessly. "I'm not even inside of you and this is what you do to me."

His utterance caused the ache between her legs to feel like she was on fire. Joker moved his hand from behind her head to her breast and caressed it gently as Harleen placed her hand on his. Her lips found his again, crashing together with an impassioned fury.

"Oh, fuck Harley, you're gonna make me... Ohh..." Joker moaned quietly into her mouth as he came on her, still almost fully clothed. He knew that she was just as ready to orgasm, and he reached his hand under her waistband and between her legs. Her hand helped to guide his fingers to the right spot where he rubbed for mere seconds before she felt her body tense.

"Mmm... Oh, J... Mmm," she tried to hold back vocalizing her pleasure.

"You can be loud for me, baby," Joker assured her. "I love it..."

And with that, Harleen's pelvis exploded in a sensation that engulfed her whole body, sending what seemed to be an unending shockwave down to the tips of her toes. She practically screamed out in ecstasy, which completely captivated Joker causing him to stare at her blissful face. She leaned her head back even farther into her pillow as he continued to torture her clit with his adept fingers. She began to breathe erratically with moans building up again inside of her to the point that she was sure the neighbors could hear. Suddenly, a second, even more powerful orgasm surged through her body, like a torrent of electricity coursing through her every cell.

"OH GOD, J!" she cried out as he brought her to her second climax.

He leaned back in to kiss her as she continued to pant and come back down from her peak. She grabbed his hand and removed it from between her legs as she knew she wouldn't be able to handle the rapture of a third orgasm.

"I've never... I've never..." Harleen lifted her head to Joker and attempted to speak as she caught her breath. "I've never been with a man who could give me two, sometimes barely even one..." She dropped her head back onto the pillow and exhaled loudly. The sweat on her chest glistened in the diffuse light filtering in from the winter wonderland outside.

"I'm so glad," Joker said as he pushed his pelvis against her hip and he pulled her in for a long kiss. She could feel that he was mostly erect again. "You make me so..." he trailed off.

"Horny?" she completed his sentence, giggling flirtatiously.

"Very," he responded, his voice low and solemn. "Incredibly. Completely. Inevitably. Constantly." He sighed and pulled a pillow to meet his head so it would remain elevated.

They stared into each other's eyes for what felt like eternity. As he gazed into her soft, sage green eyes, he knew that he had found the new challenge that he had been looking for. He knew he had to have her forever.

"You know what, though?" Harleen said after fifteen minutes of being held and having her hair stroked by him.

"What?" Joker asked.

"I am really hungry," she responded, "...for food!" She smiled and started to chuckle, causing Joker to laugh out loud.

"Then I guess we better remedy that!" he exclaimed while jumping out of bed and pulling Harleen up to meet his face, planting a sweet kiss on her lips. "Let's get cleaned up and get something to eat."

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 933 23
Harleen Quinzel has a sister that few know about. Amelia is very different from her little sister Harleen. While Harleen wanted to help people and so...
28.8K 1.1K 29
"Good Morning Mr. J, I'm Doctor Harleen F. Quinzel. I'll be your psychiatrist and personal doctor. I aim to help you get back to your senses." He was...
144K 4.4K 63
"I know you, I own you, you're mine!" The madness of how their love is. Obsession, confusion, possession, power, and affection. The full walkthrough...
66.4K 2.5K 55
Doctor Harleen Quinzel, a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. She was assigned to the clown himself. She thought she was curing him, but she was falling...