Plutonian

By SoniaJohn

[THIS STORY IS FREE WITH EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT] A fake relationship, a diabolical plan and a threat to the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Lucian POV Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Lucian POV Chapter 48-50 (Part 2)
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Rewritten Love Scene
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Lucian's POV Chapter 76
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 26

38.9K 2.6K 719
By SoniaJohn

I keep my steps light as I sneak out of our human quarters to be picked up by Lucian's chauffeur. Usually he just waits idly by the corner of the building where he picks me up but tonight I feel more cautious because of the rumors that have been going around about me. 

I make sure there are no humans idling by the entrance as I make a dash for the corner and past the glider till I am out of sight. 

I catch Lucian's chauffeur giving me a puzzled look and nod for him to follow suit. He brings the glider around the corner and I quickly scuttle in. 

"Is everything alright, mistress Aria," He addresses me which is a rare thing because we hardly ever speak but today the word mistress feels like a slap to my face and I wince in response. 

"You don't have to call me that," I wave my hand at the mirror that he is using to look at me. "I'm fine. Is it possible for you to pick me up from that spot from now on?" 

"Why?" He rubs his forehead in confusion. "Master Lucian asked me to wait for you in the front."

"Yes, but that's when I finish late. But on the earlier days it would be better if you picked me up from there. It's more convenient for me," I lie. 

"But it's a greater distance to walk," He explains and I dismiss him quickly. 

"Please can you just wait for me there?" I urge him with desperation written all over my face. 

"Yes, mistre- I mean Miss Aria?" He suggests and I smile gratefully. 

"Thank you, sir," I settle into the soft material behind me and look up at him. This has to be the longest conversation the two of us have had together. He has his hands planted firmly on the wheel as he stares ahead at the road before us. 

"What's your name?" I ask.

My question startles him and he glances at me through the mirror cautiously. Even though he is Plutonian and I am human, it is as if the roles are reversed between us and he is afraid of me. Although I know he is probably more afraid of Lucian than anything. I've come to learn that about most of his staff which sometimes bewilders me because Lucian has been much nicer than I expected. 

"It's Phillius," He answers after a long pause. 

"Thank you, Phillius," I say politely and our conversation ends there. 

I sigh as I stare out of the window and think about my conversation with Rosie just now in the recreation room. She had asked me about which Plutonian I was staying with and I had given her the bare minimum of answers. Thankfully Cassandra had interrupted before she could ask more but I couldn't shake the feeling of embarrassment now that Rosie knew about it.

I know that eventually our secret will come to light and people will find out that I am Lucian's lover but it also terrifies me at the same time. I don't want people like Rosie to see me as something that I am not but I have no choice. I genuinely like her because she appears to hold the same hatred for the Plutonian's that I do but I am afraid that once she knows that I am supposedly the mistress of a member of the Trinity, she will stop seeing me as a friend.

"I actually have to admit that although you did get a lot of attention at the celebratory dinner, I kind of least expected you to have a Plutonian lover." I remember her words clearly, as if she is whispering in my ear. "No offense, I mean you are pretty but it's just the way you act. Like you joined the army for a purpose but unlike Asta your demeanor and actions are the exact opposite of a suck up, almost like you hate them."

I remember the way she had looked at my face carefully and when I didn't reply she had quickly reiterated. "It's just my observation. Sorry if I offended you in anyway."

But she was right. So right. I would have never chosen to be a paramour. I would rather die a hundred times in the pits than have a Plutonian use me for my body and yet here I am heading to a Plutonian's headquarters, sleeping in his bed every night.

It's different. Our arrangement is different. I reassure myself and nod my head at my reflection which earns a curious glance from Phillius. 

Once we reach Lucian's sprawling mansion I rush upstairs to begin our training but am surprised to see Aster and Quan waiting for me by his door. 

"Master instructed us to get you ready for your date tonight," Quan smiles timidly but her eyes are alight with excitement. 

"But, I have practice," I frown in confusion. 

The two of them look at each other and smile knowingly. Aster wraps her hand around mine and leads me to the room next to his. "He told us you would say that. He said he will train you tomorrow morning before you head to the center." 

"Oh." Is all I reply as they get me ready in the room that has apparently been prepared for this. 

After my shower, they seat me at the dressing table and fiddle with my hair and face. They don't take long and when I look at my reflection I realize they haven't changed much, only that my lips and cheeks are redder. They dress me in a slim fitting neon colored dress that ends just above my knees and then lead me to the basement. 

I hear the sound of an engine running and see Lucian sitting in a glider. He turns to me and smiles and I hurry to get in. As the door shuts I see Aster and Quan staring at us with a dreamy look in their eyes. 

The basement door lifts and Lucian flies out at his usual speed. 

"Hi," I say to him awkwardly as I adjust the skirt of my dress.

"Hello, " He side glances at me and smiles lazily. "I had the most relaxing day. I slept in and then I walked around my house for the first time in god knows how many orbits. I never realized what a beautiful garden it is around the house. Have you?"

"It is," I say as I stare at the colorful signage's that we pass. I remember the flowers I saw in his garden the first time I went to his house. They were the same ones I remember from Earth. "I've only seen a little."

"We should take a walk there sometime. I can teach you about the various species of flora we Plutonian's have discovered on other planets."

My mouth tastes sour as I remember that his garden is filled with plants and flowers from the planets they have colonized. I turn to look at him and remember Rosie's observation of me and my obvious hatred for the Plutonian's. 

I look at his silver hair that shines blue and then green, mimicking the colors of the lights around us and then my gaze falls on his boyish face. He smiles to himself as he stares at a large building ahead. 

"We are here," He says and I nod my head and turn away. 

The problem is, I don't hate him. 

I sit in silence, trying to come to terms with this new found revelation as he parks outside the entrance of a dark towering building and lets a Plutonian attendant park it.  I get down and follow him to the entrance. 

The air in the city is cool and lights dance all around us on the screens of various buildings. I look at the busy streets filled with gliders and Plutonian's walking on the footpaths. Some dressed up, others dressed more casually. 

There is a large screen plastered on the building opposite from us where a beautiful Plutonian brushes her silver hair with some white ointment and it immediately glows neon blue. My eyes are wide as I try to take in everything all at once. It feels like I am on another planet. 

"This way, Aria," Lucian holds my arm gently and guides us to the entrance. 

We walk past the neon pink doors that are a stark contrast to the smooth black marble walls of the building and head inside to a large foyer with large sofas and tables. I see silver haired people seated all around me as they chat with each other, some holding drinks in their hands. 

Some of them turn to look at us and I don't miss the way their eyes widen when they look at me and then their mouths fall open when they recognize Lucian. Soon everyone in the room is watching us as we maneuver past the tables and reach the elevators on the other side.

"Lucian X," Lucian says into the voice recognition system and then he presses the button below it and I watch it glow red under his finger for a few seconds.

"A member of the Trinity," A robotic female voice echoes. "All exclusive access granted."

The lift doors slide open just as another Plutonian couple reaches us. They stare at Lucian and quickly retreat as they wait for us to take the lift. 

Unlike me, Lucian seems oblivious to all this attention. He ignores them and walks in and I follow suit silently. 

Once the door closes I slump against the wall, feeling like I can finally breathe again. 

"This restaurant is really nice. It has the best view in the city and the food is delicious. I have a feeling you will love it," Lucian says to me excitedly and I swallow my nerves, hoping he is right. 

Once we exit the elevator I am greeted with a strong spicy aroma that fills my nostrils and dim lighting with symbols painted in colorful neon colors on the walls that lead to a door covered by a curtain. We walk in and greet the attendant at the entrance. 

"Table for two," Lucian says.

"Did you make a reservation?" The attendant asks and Lucian frowns at him. 

"Master Lucian! I'm so sorry, I will make arrangements," He looks up and laughs nervously and then his eyes land on me. "Is she...human?" He looks flabbergasted and he takes a step back in shock.

"They aren't allowed here." He stutters in a panicked voice.

"Yes, she is human. Do you have a problem with that?" Lucian's voice is dangerously low.

"I'll arrange a table for you right away, Master Lucian X," He says quickly and then he hurries past the curtain and into the restaurant.

It takes him awhile but he finally resurfaces with another taller Plutonian with the tag manager above his breast pocket. 

"Master Lucian so nice to have you back. I'm terribly sorry but we can only allow you to come inside as humans are strictly not allowed," He bows his head and gives Lucian a terrified smile. 

"You are both wasting my time." Lucian pinches the bridge of his nose looking irritated. "Do you enjoy working here? Because it won't last very long if this keeps up." 

I shift on my feet feeling uncomfortable for being the cause for such a heated conversation. If humans weren't allowed then I didn't want to be here anyway. I wanted to tell Lucian that we should leave but seeing him look so angry and the Plutonians so scared make my words get stuck in my throat. 

Finally the manager apologizes to Lucian profusely and ushers us in. I feel invisible as they speak only to him and feel even smaller in a room filled with Plutonian's. I see most of them wearing bedazzling jewelry that glow in the dim lighting and their tables are littered with colorful drinks.

"I want the table overlooking the city. The one on the private balcony," Lucian says and the manager nods his head. 

We follow him to the end of the restaurant and past a door to a large glass floored balcony which makes me feel like I am walking on air.

"Lucian, what a surprise. Didn't think I'd see you here today," I recognize Lazarus's voice and immediately freeze in place. 

His aqua marine eyes light up in surprise when he notices me standing behind Lucian and he smirks. "I thought animals weren't allowed here." He says casually and my blood boils.

Heyy sorry I missed the update last week. A sort of date night for our intergalactic fake couple which has already got off to a rocky start. Let me know what you thought of it :) :) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 2.7K 34
Twenty five years after the attack of alien spacecraft, Earth is no longer the same. Not for humans, let alone for me, who was born from a human and...
165K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
3.3M 23.7K 9
In the future, Earth is attacked by an alien race called the Leviathan. Years after the invasion, Iris is still struggling to survive among her peop...
394K 16K 61
//first place Inkitt winner// DEDICATED TO THE MBR BEAGLES AND ALL ANIMALS BRED, SOLD, TORTURED AND SLAUGHTERED AT THE HANDS OF VIVISECTION!! When th...