Henrietta Potter || Draco Mal...

By Slytherin_84

Fem-Harry What if Harry Potter had been born a girl? Follow Etta Potter as she discovers there is a lot more... More

1 - The Girl Who Lived
2 - The Boy With The Pale Pointed Face
3 - Flying Lessons
4 - First Year Dramas
5 - Malfoy Encounters
6 - Second Year Spats
7 - Stranger Things
8 - It's Killed Meh
9 - The Godfather
10 - Cedric Diggory
11 - Ferret Face
12 - Potter Stinks
13 - Dates and Dragons
14 - The Girl in the Red Dress
15 - Murder on the Dancefloor
16 - The Bathroom
17 - Let's Take it Together
18 - So Long, Cedric
19 - Numb
20 - In His Eyes
21 - Weasley is our King
22 - Fancy a Ride?
23 - Hagrid's Treat
24 - Your Wonderful Precious Father
25 - Draco's Date
26 - Caught
27 - Another One Bites The Dust
28 - Draco's Detour
29 - The Eavesdropper
30 - Felix
31 - Ladies First
32 - Deck The Halls
33 - The Hufflepuff and the Slytherin
34 - Thanking You
35 - A Birthday Treat
36 - The Sweetest Thing
37 - Trouble in Paradise
39 - It's A Date
40 - Underneath It All
41 - New
42 - The Serpent's Tongue
43 - Grumpy
44 - Get Draco
45 - Dobby's Sacrifice
46 - Back To Hogwarts
47 - Crabbe's Bright Idea
48 - Believe Me
49 - Happy Thoughts
50 - Her Mother's Eyes
51 - Potter's Fate
52 - The End Of It All
53 - Potter

38 - All Cut Up

16.3K 556 593
By Slytherin_84

I finally got the memory! With a little help from Felix of course. Get in.

It turned out, getting Slughorn drunk as a skunk was the answer. Why didn't I think of that one before?!

Anyway, I took it straight to Dumbledore and I got some Brownie points for that. It turns out that we have to hunt for Horcruxes in order to defeat Voldemort. I'm sure that will be easy peasy with Dumbledore by my side.

Feeling lighter by my awesome brilliance, I skipped down to dinner one evening knowing it wouldn't be long until I conquered that evil parent killing bastard.

I stopped short, however, when I heard a strange sound coming from the boys bathroom.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I pressed my ear against the door. Someone was sobbing. And rather than giving them the privacy they do obviously needed, I carefully pushed open the door.

My heart stilled at what I was witnessing.

Draco Malfoy was standing with his back to me, his hands clutching either side of the sink, shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His whole body was shaking as tears streamed down his pale face into the grimy basin before him.

"Draco?" I breathed, letting the door swing shut behind me as I stepped inside.

His gasping and gulping came to a shuddering halt as he looked up into the cracked mirror, his eyes met mine. In an instant, he wheeled round and I could not help but cry out.

Because on his left forearm, clear as day, was the Dark Mark.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!

Our eyes locked in mutual horror.

And then, before I could even open my mouth to speak, the fucking git threw a hex at me.

Luckily, it missed me by inches, shattering the lamp on the wall beside me. I threw myself sideways and flicked my wand, but Draco blocked my jinx and raised his wand for another shot.

The bin behind me exploded; I attempted a Leg-Locker Curse but it backfired off the wall behind Draco's ear and smashed the cistern, pouring water everywhere.

Draco's face screwed up in anger and went to flick his wand back at me but I got in there first.

I had read about a spell, scribbled in my potions book, meant for using on your enemies. I had no idea what it did, but now I decided (sensibly) would be the best time to use it.

"Cru-"

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" I bellowed, waving my wand wildly.

And to my absolute horror, blood spurted from Draco's chest as though he had been slashed with an invisible sword. He staggered backwards and collapsed on to the waterlogged floor with a great splash, his wand falling from his limp right hand.

"No-" I gasped, my heart in my throat. No, no, no, no.

I slipped and staggered towards him, throwing myself down to his side. His face had turned a sickly white as hands scrabbled at his blood-soaked chest.

"Draco!" I cried, looking frantically down at him, my hands desperately trying to stem the flow of blood from his slashes.

His eyes met mine and the fear in them terrified me to the core. He started shaking uncontrollably as his blood pooled around him; around us.

"I didn't mean-" I choked as tears started pouring down my cheeks. His hands found mine, clinging to me like he was hanging on for life. His eyes never left mine as he gasped and spluttered incomprehensibly.

I started screaming for help, I screamed and screamed until my voice went hoarse.

Finally, the door burst open.

SNAPE! THANK THE FUCK!

Snape pushed me violently away, and I lay sobbing and shivering in the crimson water as he sat over Draco, fixing him.

As much as I hated Snape, in that moment I loved him.

"I didn't mean it to happen," I sobbed over and over. "I didn't know what that spell did."

Snape was fucking livid with me. He made me go and get my school bag, curious as to how I knew such Dark magic. I realised I had to hide the book with the scribbles and I had the genius idea of stowing it away in the Room of Requirement.

I ran through a room full of towering piles of junk and ended up slamming up against some great big dark cabinet. I thought for a second of hiding it in there but decided to throw it on a shelf behind it instead.

Returning to Snape, I gave him my schoolbag and in return, he gave me a detention for every remaining Saturday.

"Please, sir," I begged, only caring about one thing and one thing only, "Draco - is he going to be alright?"

Snape surveyed with me a look of utmost disgust. To be honest, I didn't blame him. I hated myself so much too.

"He will be fine, if not a little shaken. It would have been a different story, however, if I hadn't come along just when I did."

I shivered as a feeling of horror went through me. I needed to see him. I was suddenly desperate to touch him and hold him and just reassure myself that he was alive.

But Madam Pomfrey refused point blank.

"NO VISITORS!" She bellowed as I tried desperately to push past her. "I'm under strict instruction to make sure that the Malfoy boy recovers in peace."

That would be Snape's doing then. And I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a certain tattoo.

But I didn't care - I really didn't. I thought I would feel triumphant at discovering I was right all along, but actually I just felt sad. I felt sad for Draco and I wished I had dropped it instead of pushing it - and him - away.

I returned to the hospital wing under my Invisibility Cloak later that night after the last Gryffindor had gone to bed. I wasn't going to let some stupid rule stop me from seeing him.

The wing was empty, except for one bed in the far corner, the curtains pulled securely around it, obscuring the occupant. It had to be Draco.

I tiptoed across and very carefully slipped through the curtain.

My heart clenched at the sight that greeted me.

Looking paler than I thought could ever be possible, Draco, with eyes closed, lay on his side, raw scars clearly visible all over his torso.

I took my cloak off and sank down next to his bed. I tenderly cupped my hand against his cheek and sighed at the warmth of his skin. I closed my eyes and thanked the heavens.

"Potter?"

My eyes flew open and I quickly removed my hand from his face. His pale grey eyes were staring into mine and my stomach gave an involuntary flip as I realised just how beautiful they were.

"I'm so sorry, Draco," I whispered, and to my horror, tears started falling down my cheeks.

"Potter? Are you crying?!" His voice, although hoarse, held a hint of amusement.

I hurriedly wiped my face with my sleeves. "Just a touch of hayfever," I mumbled.

His face creased up as his lips tugged into a smile, making his eyes twinkle. The sight made my heart swell with such warmth.

"If you say so, Potter," he chuckled.

We both fell silent, eyes staring sadly at one another. There was so much to say, and yet I didn't know how to voice the words.

Slowly, he reached out a hand, taking hold of mine. I entwined my fingers with his, relishing the feel of him.

"You came," He croaked weakly, "even though you know what I am, you came."

He sounded so sad and relieved at the same time it made my heart twist.

"Draco, I know what you are," I said keeping my voice low and solemn, "you are the boy who has infuriated me for years, you are stubborn and hot headed, you have a habit of running your mouth off-"

"- funny that, Potter," Draco interrupted, a smirk playing on his lips, "but you are describing yourself to a tee there-"

"But." I cut him off, "I've seen a kindness in you I know you don't like to admit to, and I know you've got a good heart in there,"

I paused, looking at him, taking him in. I wanted him to believe me, he had to believe me.

"What I'm trying to say is that I don't care about some stupid ink. It doesn't make you who you are. You are a good person Draco Malfoy, I know you are."

He swallowed, saying nothing. His grey eyes looked deeply into mine in a way that stole the breath from my lungs and caused my pulse to quicken.

"Come here," he said, tugging at my hand and beckoning me to join him as he scooted to the edge of his bed, making room for me.

Tentatively, I lay down next to him, afraid of hurting him. But he pulled me fiercely to his chest, holding me in his arms as he did that night on the dusty classroom floor.

"I'm sorry I tried to hex you," he murmured in my ear.

"I'm sorry I nearly killed you," I murmured back.

"Let's call it even, then," he chuckled.

His arm wrapped tightly around me and I closed my eyes feeling like I could stay like this forever.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 641 40
*EDITING RN* There's something achingly beautiful about Draco Malfoy. When Grier Langston first arrives at Hogwarts for her 6th year of magical educ...
6.4K 138 8
In this Draco Malfoy short story, Elaira Williams recounts all of the times that resident Slytherin Draco Malfoy protected her from the dangers of Ho...
512K 15.4K 63
"Well, Malfoy, you won't tell me, but I will find out your secrets." Draco Malfoy has secrets. Lots of them. Returning to his 6th year, many no lon...
4.6K 236 35
A HARRY POTTER AND DRACO MALFOY FAN-FICTION. ALL HOGWARTS HOUSES INCLUDED. Please don't think this is a love/romantic story because it is NOT. So pl...