The Mafia Bride

By Gautami_Shankar

#1 in Wedding Planner (28th August 2020) #1 in We Need Diverse Books (24th August 2019) #1 in Indian Girl (2... More

Introduction
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37
38
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46
47.
48
49.
50.
51.
52.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
Epilogue
Extras - Be my Quarantine : 1/3
Extras : Be My Quarantine : 2/3
Extras : Be my Quarantine : 3/3
Extras : Made of Honour (teaser)

53.

5.6K 210 8
By Gautami_Shankar

That evening I received two messages, one from Emily about an upcoming trip to Iceland. My clients Princess Anna and Duke William were getting married under the northern lights. We'd booked an ice castle for the wedding. It was probably the best idea I had in months. They loved it. It was a perfect wedding location. Secluded enough for security purposes and unconventional too. I was so excited about it. Seeing Northern Lights had always been on my Wishlist.

The second message came from Samar. He told me the identity of his secret clients. Two famous actors Chris and Shireen. Both of them starred in a romance movie, a major success, which was the beginning fo their affair. The secrecy was necessary because the paparazzi would eat up even the tiniest bit of news about the golden couple, the sweethearts of Hollywood. This wedding was a huge opportunity. Two royal weddings and one Hollywood wedding would look beautiful on my CV. Besides, I've always been a huge fan of Shireen's style. To work with them would be a dream come true. I texted Samar that I'd love to accept if our schedules matched. With Anna and William's wedding, things were already hectic. I just hoped I'd get it. I mean its not every day that one gets to work their favourite celebs.

To celebrate, Gigi, Nico, Emily and I went to a club. Leo and Andrew mysteriously gave us some lame excuses. I mean, it's understandable for Andrew to drop out. He and Gigi had an ugly argument yesterday, I suspect they broke up. It was natural for Andrew to avoid us. But Leo was acting super shady. We had a lunch date but he called it off. This isn't going to work if he's going to sulk off after every minor argument. Anyway, screw him. I can have fun without him too. If he wants to crib and brood all day, fine by me.

After all that dancing, I took a break and went to the bar. Nico sipped a fancy drink in a martini glass and slipped another drink towards me.

"What's this?" I asked, noticing the mint green cocktail with whipped cream and cherries. It looked more like milkshake and less like cocktail.

"It's a boozy peppermint for you." He said. "I was about to get a tiramisu martini for you but I figured you don't eat eggs." He said gesturing at his fancy drink.

"So considerate of you Nico, thanks." I said and took a long sip of the refreshing drink. I had to admit, it was so damn good.

"Leo would've loved this." Nico said. "That boy has such a bad sweet tooth. You know he just cannot resist sweets. It's good that he has a very strict fitness regime."

I knew about Leo's fondness for sweets and his disciplined fitness regime too. He was trained in many different kinds of martial arts. He'd promised to tutor me once. But, both of us never really got the time. Lately, it seems as if Leo and I never really found any time.

"If only he'd stop being so bitter." I sighed. "Your brother is complicated." I missed him. I wish I could've celebrated with him.

Nico quirked his eyebrows. "I can help you. But you still have to repay me from the last time I helped you with Leo."

Oh yes, I'd forgotten. I owed Nico favour.

"Go ahead."

I noticed his eyes trail towards the dance floor where Emily and Gigi were dancing. "I don't think if you've noticed but lately I've started liking Emily and —"

Yay. My matchmaking instinct was definitely right. Maybe, I should dabble into matchmaking as well.

"I'll set you guys up," I said.

Nico smiled. His angelic face lightening up. "Thank you, Meg. Just so you know Gigi and I already consider you family. It's just a matter of time before you guys get official anyway."

"Hold on, what's that supposed to mean?"

Nico sipped his fancy drink, "I've noticed Leo's search history has a lot of wedding rings showing up."

Oh my god! So maybe, Leo was being aloof because he was planning to propose me? This was so cute.

"You think he'll propose to me?"

We'd been together for a short while now. Our relationship was going steady. Things were great. Yet, proposing seemed a little too early. As much as I wanted to be cynical, I really loved the idea of him proposing me. I wouldn't hesitate before saying yes.

"I'm certain he would," Nico answered. "There's no reason why he'd be staring at you longingly from so far. Look behind."

I glanced behind Nico and saw Leo entering with alongside Andrew. Leo was looking right as us. He approached us and I felt my heart racing.

"He's definitely nervous," Nico whispered to me.

Leo arrived and gave me a gentle peck on my cheek. "Hi, beautiful." He said. He turned to Nico and scowled, "Hi idiot."

"Hello asshole," Nico answered back.

Aha, an affectionate display of brotherly love.

"I hope you don't mind if I steal Meg away from you," Leo said.

Nico flashed me a mischievous smile, "Enjoy lovebirds." He said, before disappearing on the dance floor.

"You're going away tomorrow so I thought we might spend some time together," Leo said. "I booked a dinner reservation." He cleared his throat awkwardly, "That is if you don't have any plans."

I felt a blush creep up my cheeks. Oh god, this was it. "I'd be happy to go with you." I glanced at the dance floor. "Just let me tell Emily I'm leaving."

I told Gigi and Emily that I was leaving and quickly left with Leo.

I couldn't contain my excitement. I wonder what fairytale proposal Leo had planned for me? He talked about a restaurant reservation. Maybe, he'd planned a fancy dinner. Knowing him, I bet he'd slip a ring in my dessert or wine. I sat in Leo's car as he drove us off. My heart racing wildly. I couldn't believe that this moment would come so soon.

#

A/N: 

What do you think, will Leo propose Meg or *sinister smile* will something dangerous get in the way? Also, what do you feel about the sudden arrival of Meg's ex, Samar in her life? How will that impact her relationship with Leo?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 2.9K 29
~Book 1 of Hidden Love Series~ "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ā™” "I...
193K 15.2K 48
A Clumsy girl, crushing over a guy since 4 years yet never talked to him. Now, when finally she has his attention, her crazy and unfiltered self is o...
57K 2.5K 22
HIS OBSESSION series - BOOK 1 ' To all the book girlies , who are not so innocent ~ here is your man , opps fictional man who is ready to make your...
18.7K 1.9K 12
š“˜ š“Æš“®š“µš“µ š“Æš“øš“» š“½š“±š“® š”€š“Ŗš”‚ š”‚š“øš“¾ š“¼š“·š“®š“Ŗš““š“®š“­ š“²š“·š“½š“ø š“¶š”‚ š“¼š“øš“¾š“µ. š“ š“¾š“²š“®š“½š“µš”‚. š““š“®š“®š“¹š“µš”‚. š“‘š“»š“®š“Ŗš“½š“±š“½š“Ŗš““š“²š“·š“°š“µš”‚. _________ā˜…...