Habits

By jynxyouowemeyoursoul

Nellie Lovett has always been in love with Benjamin Barker. Though when he returned to Fleet Street after th... More

Silent Demons
Justice
Regrets
Deadly Love
Questions
Really Living
Return
Truth
News
No More Hiding
Mistakes
The Cry Of Demons
Giving Up
The Plan
A Life Together My Pet
Blackpool
Monster
Does It Ever Get Better?
Secrets That Can't Be Told
Not While I'm Around
Reunited With The Past
Promises
Moving Backwards
Haunted
Dangerous Secrets
Leaving It All Behind
Living Life Apart
Changes
Return
Disappearance
Beautiful
The Sea

Free From Fear

298 8 2
By jynxyouowemeyoursoul

"Here we are," Sweeney whispered in Nellie's ear, removing his hands from her eyes.

She gasped quietly seeing the house in front of her.  Everything had already been taken inside and it was beautiful.  She turned and hugged Sweeney tightly.  Things were finally getting better, Cornelius had left for a week with his father and her and Sweeney were getting married in a week.  For the first time in so long, Nellie felt safe.

"Thank ya Sweeney," she said quietly.

"Anything for you Nell,"

Sweeney then picked her up and carried her inside.  Placing her on the settee they shared a passionate kiss.  One that was interrupted by a young boy clearing his throat awkwardly.  They broke apart and Nellie blushed a bright shade of pink.

"Sorry lad, didn't realize you were down here." Sweeney said, embarrassed.

"Ya know, I'll just leave the both of ya alone for a while," Toby giggled walking away.

Sweeney turned to Nellie again and chuckled softly.

"So what'd you say pet? Time to celebrate?"

——————————————————

Nellie saw Sweeney's eyes narrow as he looked at her.  His eyes trailed up her arms and settled back at her face.

"You told me your bruises healed Nell."

She could sense the anger in his voice.  She couldn't hide it anymore, they were safe.  Cornelius wasn't here.

"You lied to me.  Who the hell did this to you? No more lies." He said firmly.

Nellie sighed quietly before looking into Sweeney's eyes.

"Its..." She hesitated.

"Eleanore." Sweeney said dangerously, "Who?"

"Cornelius..."

Sweeney froze.  Cornelius?  All this time, the man attacking Nell was right in front of him.  This was all his fault.  He'd allowed it all to happen.  If he'd just looked closer.  How could he be so stupid? Why had Nellie lied? Why hadn't she told him? No. Why hadn't he listened?

"Why didn't you say anything Nell?" He demanded, wanting to keep calm but his anger towards himself weaved its way into his words.

Nellie was surprised by his sudden anger but responded, "H-He threatened to kill me if I told you..." She began sobbing again.

Sweeney calmed and walked towards her, hoping he could comfort her.

"Nellie, I'm sorry.  I should've realized it sooner, I let it fly past me how much you were struggling.  Cornelius and I talked and I'd thought he'd struggled, thought I should forgive him.  I should've asked more questions.  Shouldn't have given up so quickly.  I'm sorry."

"Sweeney, he's going to hurt me..."

"Oh he won't have the chance to."

——————————————————

Sweeney sat in the living room waiting.  He was at his fathers house and Nellie was safe at their new home.  Cornelius would be returning and he didnt know about them moving.  Sweeney had come up with a plan that left Nellie completely safe, so he hoped.

The door opened quickly and Cornelius entered along with his father.  Sweeney held back the want to murder the bastard here and now.

No, save it, he'll get what he deserves but be discreet, Sweeney thought as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Cornelius!" He exclaimed, "Father! Welcome home!"

The two looked up and smiled at him.  Cornelius watched as his brother walked forward.  He didn't know.  Nellie was smart and hadnt said anything.  Sweeney continued.

"I was wondering, I need to go see how much more I need to raise for the house, could you come with me?"

Cornelius nodded, "Of course if you really need me to,"

"Oh, not you.  As a matter of fact Nellie said she needed to talk to you, she's in her room."

Cornelius was surprised.  Nellie had finally come to her senses had she?  He tried to hold back a smirk as he nodded and walked down the hall to her room.  He felt as if someone was watching him but he figured it was nothing.  As he entered the room he felt someone push so he stumbled forward. The door slammed shut and he was stuck in the dark with who he assumed was Nellie.

A single candle was lit, revealing a tall shadow.  Cornelius stumbled backwards, fearful of who this was.  He saw something sharp in the shadows hand, the mans evil grin was illuminated in the dim light.  It was then that Cornelius realized who the man was... Sweeney.  He held a deadly look in his eyes as he approached his brother.

"W-what are you doing?" Cornelius stuttered.

"You can't play dumb, I know what you did to Nellie," the gravelly voice of Sweeney boomed.

So she had told him.

"That bitch..." He said under his breath which Sweeney caught.

Before he could continue something sharp pressed against his neck, preventing him from breathing.

"Please... Don't hurt me." Cornelius begged.

"Why should I listen to you when you didn't listen to Nell? You caused her so much pain, so much fear.  For weeks the only thing that escaped her mouth were sobs. Yet you stand, pleading for a life you don't deserve."

"Just give me another chance, please."

Sweeney was disgusted by him, begging for his life when he'd done such horrible, such unspeakable things to Eleanore.  Why did he think he so desperately had to live.  He had no place to go.  No life, and no one who deserved him.

"You don't deserve a second chance.  What you deserve is to spend the rest of your disgusting life crawling in hell.

Cornelius felt his own blood slowly drip down his neck.  He began to choke as the amount of blood increased.  The candle, still flickering in front of him, slowly went dark.  Cornelius felt faint, he tried to struggle but every time he moved he felt the pain worsen.

Sweeney felt the warm blood from Cornelius' throat spray, covering his hands in the red liquid.  His brother fell limp in his arms.  He was finally dead.  Sweeney picked him up and laid him on the bed before placing his razor in Cornelius' hand.

It was over, Nellie was safe.  Now to deal with the mess.

——————————————————

"Father!" Sweeney called out, his voice filled with forced panic.

As James ran into the room he saw the body of Cornelius and stopped dead in his tracks.  Blood covered the sheets and his son was dead, a razor still pressed against his throat.  He didn't move, killed himself so it seemed.  Sweeney seemed horrified at what he saw and James put his hand on his sons shoulders.  It was the day before Sweeney's wedding and he had to deal with his brothers death.

Sweeney turned and walked away, keeping the fact he'd killed Cornelius himself hidden.  No one could know, no one but Nellie.

——————————————————

Sweeney tried to keep a straight face seeing Nellie is her wedding dress in front of him, but he couldn't hold back a small smile.  She was so beautiful.  He'd never imagined ever being in this position, marrying Nellie.  For years he thought Lucy was his one and only and yet.  Just one day before he had blood on his hands but now to only thing on his hands was a ring.

"Do you Sweeney Todd take Eleanore to be your loftly wedded wife and to love and cherish her in sickness and in health?"

"I do," Sweeney said, looking deep into Nellie's eyes.

"And do you Eleanore Lovett take Sweeney to be your loftly wedded husband and to love and cherish him in sickness and in health?"

"I do..."

Barely even hearing the words 'You may kiss' Sweeney pressed his lips to Nellie's softly.  It was real.  It happened.  Breaking apart he saw Nellie's bright, beautiful smile.

"I love you Nellie," he whispered, only loud enough for her to hear.

"I love you too."

A/N: I'm so sorry for how long this chapter took to get out.  It'll be a little while before I get the next update out, unless I can find enough time in between everything.  I'll try my best but this weekend is really full of plans.  Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 1.3K 41
NEW! What happens when Mrs Lovett meets someone else....
4.6K 224 11
Sweeney had always had a soft spot for Mrs. Lovett. Even before he was sent to Australia, he would come down and eat in her meat pie emporium every d...
44.8K 1.4K 31
COMPLETED Rated PG 19 Mature Content! How can a demon heal an angel's soul? When Sweeney Todd returns to Fleet Street after 14 years of being impriso...
474 45 5
What if Lucy suddenly returned to Fleet Street. Not as the beggar woman as the original states, but as her old beautiful self? However her loving hus...