And So The Lamb Became the Wo...

By UntitledAlsoUnknown

Bella was left by Edward in New Moon. Her friendship with Jacob results in an accident that pulls her into Sa... More

1. Prologue (AKA the exposition)
2. Runs With Wolves
3. Have You Moved On?
4. Pet, is it?
5. I've Decided We're Friends Now
6. You want I should teach her a lesson?
7. Something big is coming
8. You don't take hints, do you?
9. Both is Good
10. I Would Love to See More of You
11. A Rose for Rosalie
Can We Do This Again?
So, Imprinting?
A Mate as Pure as Bella
This Was a Mistake
It All Disappears When You Imprint
What a Shame
We're All Here For You
20. Is that so bad?
21. Tamed by a Vampire!
22. They're Coming
23. He's Just Imprinted
24. We've been together for five minutes.
25. 11 Minutes
26. I'm Giving You a Choice
27. I'm in Charge
28. And Then? Forever. (Epilogue 1)
29. All Was Well (Epilogue 2)

What Am I going to Do With You?

9K 319 54
By UntitledAlsoUnknown

Tell her, tell her, tell her, tell her. The chant Collin, Brady, Embry, and Quil had taken up in Bella's mind was on the verge of driving her crazy. Brady was trailing Bella as she ran her patrol. Collin followed Embry and Quil. The wolves traded shifts so some could sleep and some could try living human lives. Sam's reasonable Alpha voice, which would have told them all the shut the fuck up, was missing while he spent a day home with Emily. Bella knew he deserved it, but god did she need him here to tell them to shut the fuck up. The puppies were the worst. They followed Bella wherever she went.

Bella, Brady whined, how can she know she's your mate if you won't tell her!

Bella growled. One day you guys will be grown and you'll get it SO SHUT UP.

Quil laughed. They're just excited. If you told her maybe they would stop. He sang in his mind, Bella and Rosalie sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Bella accidentally let the mental image of her and Rosalie kissing in a tree flash through the pack mind.

Brady gagged. Ew, yo, no, stop.

This is absolutely your fault. All of you.

I think it's cute! Collin cheered. Can we come to the Cullen's with you?

What are you, my children? Sadness seeped into Collin. I'm sorry buddy, I didn't mean it. Collin didn't have any parents, and Bella chided herself for her carelessness. You can be my kid. Not Brady though. I don't want him. Brady whimpered behind Bella. Oh my god, okay. I'll keep you both. The boys started trading thoughts back and forth. They were going to move into Bella's garage, they would sleep in the shed, whatever it took.

Embry let their joy wash over him. You've done it now, Bella. You're stuck with them. While the boys continued imaging the ways they could follow Bella around, including sleeping in the bed of her truck, Embry started questioning her. So, why haven't you told her yet?

Bella could see they were about five miles from the beach, where they would intersect and end their patrol. Bella followed a well-worn trail towards the water. We don't have a choice, right? I am forever bound to Rosalie, whether she chooses me or not. I'll be content to follow her to the end of earth and back.

Right...

She has a choice. She could choose anyone she wants. She can go anywhere in the world. She can find anyone in the world. What if I tell her that my soul has chosen hers, and she feels like she has to choose me back?

Bella...

What if it freaks her out?

Quil snorted. Please, they drink blood and don't sleep. I doubt anything freaks them out. And anyway, he continued, I've seen how she looks at you. An image of Rosalie happily running her fingers through Bella's fur echoed through his mind. At the very least, she wants you around. And don't vampires mate for life? Maybe her soul was just waiting to find yours. Difficult, when you hadn't even been born yet.

I don't know, Bella hedged. Have you seen her?

Oh, we've seen her. Ice cold, stone-cold, looks like her whole life has been a disappointment so far. But damn does she have a nice face.

Also, Embry added, you asked her on a date and she said yes. Do you know how many women I've asked on a date and they've said no?

All of them, Quil quipped.

No, not all of them! Bella, want to go on a date with me?

Bella snorted as they closed the space between their two patrols. No.

Shit, Embry groaned. That's all of them.

The wolves guided Brady and Collin toward Sam's. Bella, Collin whined, you said we were yours! Let us come home with you!

Not tonight, little ass pains. Maybe another day. They perked up and trotted to Sam's house. Quil and Embry broke off for Jake's. They were going to wake him up and trade out. He would run the night shift and still go to school in the morning.

He volunteered for it; Embry reminded her.

Yeah, yeah. He's an idiot. Bella broke off for home. She shifted and threw on her wolf clothes before she walked into her backyard, where a new stray had joined her. The one-eyed cat, Nick Furry, had shown up night before last. He'd probably heard through the grapevine that Bella fed strays. He was sleeping on the back porch, waiting for dinner. Bella whistled lowly. He heard her and sat up. "Nick, here," she said it gently. He was skittish, but animals listened to her as if they understood. Fury stayed low to the ground and came toward her like he was hunting her. He walked right into her leg. "Short on the depth perception, eh buddy?" He stumbled backward, surprised at how close her leg had been. Regardless, he let her pet him.

A low chuckle echoed across Bella's backyard. A fire began in her stomach, and a smile spread across her face. "You really have a way with them, don't you?" Rosalie said as she walked around the house.

"Why yes, I do have a way with pussies," Bella clapped a hand over her eyes. "Why would I say that?" Bella moved her hands and looked at Rosalie. Rosalie stood right in front of her, an eyebrow cocked and fists on her waist.

"I often wonder why you talk, but alas, here we are."

"Speaking of, what are you doing here? Trying to watch me sleep?"

Rosalie gagged. "No, Fido, I am not here to watch you sleep. I can't believe he used to do that, and you didn't run away."

"I thought it was romantic." Bella shrugged. "It was my first relationship. I'm older now, wiser."

Rosalie snorted. "Older, maybe." She huffed. "You always show up at my house unannounced. I thought it was time to return the favor."

"Damn Aphrodite, you're a romantic." Bella raised an eyebrow. "You sure you don't want to watch me sleep?"

"I'm going home, goodbye." Rosalie turned away and Bella caught her arm.

"Don't go."

Rosalie cupped a hand to her ear. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Bella ran a hand through her hair. She could feel her heart beating a little too fast. "Please don't go? Hang out with me while I make a fool of myself, as I am sure to do."

"I just wanted to hear you beg."

Bella smirked, her confidence coming back. "Oh, one of us is going to beg. I bet it's going to be you."

Rosalie took a step closer. "Oh, is it?" Bella's heart leaped into overdrive. Rosalie touched Bella's wrist. "Your heart gives you away."

Bella leaned closer to Rosalie, their lips almost brushing. She could tell Rosalie wasn't breathing. Is this a game for her, or something more? "Yes, it will be you." Bella turned and walked to the shed. She fed the animals, and when she turned around, Rosalie was standing in the same place. "Come on, Aphrodite. Wanna meet my dad?"

Rosalie snapped out of her daze. "Yes, of course."

Bella took a deep breath as she opened the back door. "Hey, pops!" There was no answer as Bella made her way into the kitchen. She went to get a drink in the fridge. On it was a note: Working late, see you tomorrow. "Looks like you get a reprieve. You're gonna have to meet the parent eventually though," Bella winked at Rosalie.

"Yes, because I'm so worried about having to meet your father." Rosalie put a hand on her chin and watched Bella as she leaned into the fridge. "So, do you walk around naked all the time, or do you actually have a wardrobe?"

"One, you know I have a wardrobe. You've seen it."

"I wouldn't call that a wardrobe. I'd call that a teenage boy's hamper."

"And two," Bella continued, ignoring Rosalie's sass, "I keep busting out of my clothes. Wanna see?" Bella asked, folding her arms so her muscles stood out.

"Sure. How bout now?" Rosalie said offhandedly as she leaned against the counter.

Bella flexed. "You want me to?" Bella leaned closer to Rose. "You say the word, and I'll do it."

Rosalie rolled her eyes and checked her phone. "It's a little late for that, isn't it? The little wolf has school in the morning, and it's eleven pm."

"Say the word Aphrodite, I don't need sleep." Where the fuck is this coming from? Bella wiggled her eyebrows for effect.

"What am I going to do with you?" Rosalie huffed.

"I'm telling you, I've got some ideas!" Bella laughed as Rosalie shoved her. She stumbled sideways and caught herself on the wall. "You are abusive! Don't shake the goods!"

"Abusive? Two weeks ago you tackled me in my own yard and drooled on me."

"Girl, I can't help that you make me drool." Bella made kissy sounds at Rosalie. Rosalie put her hand on Bella's forehead and shoved. Bella ducked before she could fall and tackled Rosalie. "What did I say about abuse!" Rosalie tried to dodge, but when she stepped sideways Bella wrapped her arms around her and trapped the vampire.

"Bella! Hands off!" Bella immediately let go of Rosalie. "Wow, I didn't know that would work."

"Oh, you were kidding? I thought you needed your personal space. But if you didn't," Bella threw her arms back around Rosalie and started walking her towards the living room.

"Bella, come on!" Rosalie struggled to escape Bella's grip. "Wolf, let me go."

"Oh no, you're mine. I'm claiming you as my own, sorry." Bella said the words she was dying to but laughed to keep them light. She sat down quickly on the couch without letting go of Rosalie. Her heart was attempting to beat its way out of her chest, and she was thrilled at having the vampire trapped like this.

"I'm sorry, you're claiming me?" Rosalie growled.

"Yes, yes I am." Bella looked around Rosalie's head first on the right side, and then on the left. "Damn. Aphrodite, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, of course, what the hell can I do for you?" Bella couldn't see Rosalie's face, so she didn't know if Rosalie was actually angry or not.

"If I give you a little freedom, could you grab the remote for me?" Bella gestured to the side table where the tv remote was.

"Bella, if I break your arm off do you think it will heal back?"

Bella thought about it. "No, I don't think it would. I'm not sure though. If you try it, then we're not going on our second date."

"You have me trapped on your couch in an iron grip, and you think you're getting a second date?"

"Aw, Aphrodite, you think I have an iron grip? You always know just what to say." Bella leaned in and put her chin on Rosalie's shoulder. "Also, the next date is yours to plan. You really want to give it up, just like that?" Rosalie huffed; she clearly refused to give in. "So, I'm not hearing a no. The remote, please?" Bella let go of Rosalie. She didn't reach for the remote. "Why are you so difficult? Rose?" Bella moved out from under Rosalie. "Are you okay?"

Rosalie's eyes were flat black. She seemed dazed. "I'm fine."

"Rose, your eyes." What the hell? They weren't this dark a few minutes ago. "Do you need to hunt?" Rosalie snapped back to herself.

"No, I'm good."

"You sure? When my dad gets home, you're not gonna kill him, are you?"

"I'm not going to kill your dad." Rosalie leaned forward and grabbed the remote. She tossed it behind her.

Bella stretched and caught the remote before it could fall behind the couch. "That's all I wanted." Bella looked over at Rosalie. Her eyes were slowly lightening up. "You good?"

"Yeah, sorry."

Rosalie's eyes met Bella's, whose heart sped up again. Bella handed Rosalie the remote. "Here, you pick?"

Rosalie put a hand over her chest. "Why, dear me, I get to pick the show?" Rosalie's fake southern accent made Bella laugh.

"Of course, but," Bella drawled, "You're not free from me!" Bella pounced and grabbed Rosalie again. She dragged the vampire onto her lap. She kept Rosalie pulled tight to her chest. The vampire could point the remote at the tv and not do much else.

"Bella, I fucking swear," Rosalie hissed.

"What?" Bella leaned back and looked at Rosalie. Her eyes were pitch black again. "Are you okay? Is it because I'm a wolf? Am I messing with your vampire instincts?" Fuck, I'm fucking it all up. "I can let you go."

"Spot, shut the fuck up." Rosalie looked at the tv. Between locked teeth, she said, "You're warm, so I guess it's fine. It's kind of," Rosalie mumbled and Bella couldn't hear her.

"Kind of what?"

Rosalie looked up at Rosalie, her black eyes meeting Bella's brown and gold tones. Bella was sure the gold was sneaking into her eyes. Having Rosalie this close was bringing out something primal in her. She trembled a little. "It's kind of nice, you ass."

"Well, you're ice cold."

"Well, you're naked."

Bella laughed. "Again with this? I told you if you want, just ask." Rosalie's eyes got darker. "I'm kidding, damn. And anyway, you're not ice cold. It's weird."

"We're not always ice cold. If we stay by something warm too long, we pick up a bit of its warmth."

"So," Bella smiled, "The best way to melt your cold heart is just to keep you close?"

"Theoretically, yes." Rosalie groaned.

"Good." Bella didn't let go of Rosalie. Instead, she pulled her closer into her chest and rested her chin on top of Rosalie's head. The vampire didn't complain. She turned on the tv, tuning it to some mindless late show program.

Bella settled in, never wanting to move from this position. She worried about Rosalie's thirst, but if she said she was fine, Bella trusted her. After the first late show ended and Bella showed no indication of wanting to go to bed, Rosalie pulled a blanket over them, just in case. At some point, Bella loosened her grip on Rosalie. Rosalie didn't take advantage of her freedom. Instead, she wrapped her hand around Bella's wrist again, her fingers resting on Bella's pulse point. It took a long time for Bella's heart to finally slow down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 462 20
In hindsight, promises were meant to be broken. Willow shouldn't have expected any differently. When the Cullens left, so did Jasper. Willows life c...
24.5K 544 23
(Sequel to Midnight!) "I gave you my heart, only to have it broken." After Bella runs off leaving Edward confused and heartbroken, he goes to Abby f...
114K 3.2K 27
A bloodthirsty Laurent finds Bella in the meadow and manages to bite her before the wolves chase him down. Where will Bella turn when the only vampir...
54.7K 1.4K 46
Bella and Jacob have been really close since Edward left. But Edwards comes back and Bella is back with Edward that cause for Jacob to put distance b...