Unplanned (Student/Teacher Ro...

By fictionwriterjordan

Book #1 in the Unplanned Series. Josephine Manders leaves her hometown and moves away suddenly. She leaves he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26; More than one
Chapter 27; Beach trip.. again
Chapter 28; Party Pooper
Chapter 29; More Fighting
Chapter 30; Plans
Chapter 31; Back to school
Chapter 32; Interview
Chapter 33; Too much
Chapter 34; First Day
Chapter 35; Selling A House
Chapter 36; Having Fun
Chapter 37; Myself against the world
Chapter 38; Rumors
Chapter 39; The note
Chapter 40; Making Up
Chapter 41; Things Just Got Worse
Chapter 42; Please Wake Up
Chapter 43; Moving
Chapter 44; Coming Home
Chapter 45; Adjusting To Taking Care Of Two Boys
Chapter 46; Back To School
Chapter 47; 1 Less
Chapter 48; Birthday
Chapter 49; Dinner With The Friends
Chapter 50; Baby Shower
Chapter 51; Doctors Office
Chapter 52; School
Chapter 53; It's Time
Chapter 54; The Babies
SEQUEL INFO

Chapter 5

12.2K 316 64
By fictionwriterjordan

I walk into the cafe to see Paige and Ali sitting in the back. I join them.

"So how was it?" Ali giggles.

"Coach Johnson annoys me," I roll my eyes.

I tell them about the paper I was "supposed" to write, and then I tell them what I actually wrote.

"You have balls," Ali giggles.

"He's so annoying!" I groan.

"I saw you blush the first time you looked at him," Paige says quietly.

"Jo has a crush!" Ali coos.

"Stop! Okay, maybe he's cute, but we don't get along. He's my teacher anyways, and nothing more," I defend myself.

"That's what you think," Paige winks.

I giggle.

"We hit heads hard. I don't think I'll ever get along with him," I say.

"Maybe someday," Paige smiles.

Yeah, maybe.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot!" mom grins.

"I'll miss you too," I pull her into a hug.

"If you need anything you have me, and you can always call your dad," she smiles.

"I will mom. Have fun!" I smile, as she walks to her car.

I wave to her as she drives off. After heading back inside, I sigh. Dad hasn't called yet, and I miss him like crazy.

At school the next morning, I wipe my eyes and check myself in the mirror. Last night wasn't pleasant. All I could think about were my parents, and how much I wanted them back together.

"Are you okay?" I hear a voice.

Coach Johnson.

"I'm fine," I snarl.

"You don't look fine," he retorts.

"I said I'm fine!" I yell.

"Whatever," he says, walking away.

Now I feel even worse. I shouldn't have snapped. He didn't even know what was going on.

I find Paige and she looks at me concerned.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"This divorce," I choke out, not able to say anymore.

Paige hugs me tightly.

"I know it's tough. To tell you the truth, I've never met my dad. I have a step dad, who I've known since I was a baby, but I've never met my real dad. I do think about him sometimes. I know it's not the same, but remember your parents do love you," Paige smiles.

I  realize she is right and I immediately start to feel a little bit better.

"Do you know who your real dad is?" I ask.

"All my mom will say is that he's some low life who left her as soon as she got pregnant. I've always wanted to find him, but I don't want to upset my mom," Paige frowns. 

"I think that one day you'll find him," I smile.

"I hope you're right."

The warning bell rings and Paige and I head to English.

"Good morning Mr. Montgomery," I smile at one of the only teachers I actually like.

"Good morning Josephine. I heard what happened in detention yesterday," he smirks.

"How did you hear?" I wonder.

"Ricky is my best friend," he says.

"Ricky?" I question.

"Coach Johnson. He told me everything and I laughed my butt off," Mr. Montgomery says.

I smirk.

"Coach Johnson is so stubborn," I roll my eyes.

"You got that right. He's a little uptight, but once you get to know him he's cool," Mr. Montgomery says.

"He doesn't seem to like me," I say, smirking a little.

"He will soon. Just don't argue and give it time," Ezra laughs. 

Lunch comes quickly and I grab the ham sandwich out of my bag.

"Mrs. Manders, can we talk in my classroom?"

I turn around and nod. I follow Mr. Montgomery to his classroom, and I'm shocked to see Coach Johnson there.

"Does he have to be in here?" I groan.

Mr. Montgomery gives me a look.

"You both need to work out your problems," Mr. Montgomery says.

"I don't think Mr. ego can fix being a jerk," I mumble.

"And I don't think Mrs. smart ass over here can fix that either," Coach Johnson says.

I look down. That hurt.

"Ricky, that was unnecessary," Mr. Montgomery says.

"And you call me immature," I roll my eyes.

Mr. Montgomery just shakes his head.

"Can I finish lunch in here?" I ask quietly.

Mr. Montgomery nods, and Coach Johnson stays seated where he is. I sit in a desk near the back and all my thoughts come back to me.  

I think about my parents, being at a new school where I only know a few people, Coach Johnson cussing at me and calling me names, and how everything feels so out of place.

Tears roll down my face as I slowly eat my sandwich.

I see Coach Johnson look at me, and his face instantly changes when he sees me.

"You okay?" Mr. Montgomery asks.

I nod and Coach Johnson takes the seat next to me.

"I'm sorry," he says.

I don't say anything.

"I didn't mean what I said. I just hate to be argued with. I guess I let my emotions get the best of me," he says.

"I'm sorry I called you a jerk," I say, wiping my face.

"And I'm sorry I called you a smartass," he says.

I smile a little and the lunch bell rings. I head off to my next classes, feeling a little better. Hopefully Coach Johnson and I's relationship will get better from here. I just don't wanna deal with anymore more fighting.

Gym rolls around fast and I practically run to the classroom to see the girls.

"So what happened during lunch?" Ali asks.

"Mr. Montgomery is good friends with Coach. He dragged me in there and Coach and I apologized to each other. I think we're cool now," I half smile.

"Told you," Paige winks.

"Shut up," I smile.

"Walk 10 laps around the track today," Coach instructs.

All The girls file out but I stay behind.

"Thanks for not being mad," I say.

"I'm glad Ezra had us make up," he says.

Ezra? Oh, Mr. Montgomery.

"Yeah, same here. You seem pretty cool when you're not being stubborn," I wink.

"Hush up," he laughs.

"Are you any good at history?" I ask.

"Actually, I am," he says.

"Well, I have major history homework and I need help. I have to learn all state capitals by Monday and I have a guided reading over World War 2. Can you help?" I ask.

"You could come to my place after school. Ezra will be there," he says.

I guess that's not weird at all.

"Can I bring Paige? She has the same history assignment," I say.

He starts to think.

"Please!" I beg.

"Fine," he laughs.

I smile and head outside to the track.

"I found us help on the history assignment," I say to Paige.

"Who?" she asks.

"Coach and Mr. Montgomery. We're going to Coach's after school so he can help," I say.

"Lucky you," Ali winks.

Ali has all her history credits already, so that's why she wasn't invited. I hope it's not weird that I'll be at a teacher's house. Everyone could get the wrong idea, but hopefully nobody will find out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.5K 52
She was different to any student he had ever come across. She was quiet, read books, didn't party, but behind the silence was a sadness that radiated...
388K 12.1K 53
"My love for her was forbidden but the lust I felt was never forgotten" Looking at her made my heart skip beats but I fought against it knowing that...
9.7K 338 14
This is book 2 of this series! Please read Book 1: Just A Summer Crush. Things were not weird between the two. Infact, not at All. Ranboo and Y/N had...
14.1K 389 20
What's the perfect way to end a summer romance? Not with the guy you've fallen for being your new art teacher! He's the teacher. She's the student. ...